Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2016 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode...intense as fuck. The Zamasu power-up and about time for the fusion. It's been so long but great to see Vegito again.

About time. I love his dual voice even in the Japanese version and he's got that God aura too this episode. Zamasu' power up is quite something as well, damn. Trunks' sword is also a certain kind of awesome. Such an intense fight!
Stark700Nov 12, 2016 4:25 PM
Nov 12, 2016 4:28 PM

Jan 2009
wtf i need subs how come Vegito got defused?

and lol Trunks pulled an asspull to beat Zamasu

and next episode the Omni-King will come, holy shit what will happen?
Nov 12, 2016 4:29 PM
Oct 2012
Well, time to erase that forever.
Nov 12, 2016 4:30 PM

Aug 2014
Spirit Bomb + Sword... Spirit Sword?!
Nov 12, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2008
j0x said:
wtf i need subs how come Vegito got defused?

Vegito's weakness is that the potara fusion can supposedly only sustain the God form for an hour, but it became undone in even less time from the intensity of its power. Gogeta wouldn't last a second in God form if he made an appearance.

Awesome animation this episode. Goku overpowering Merged Zamasu with Kaioken, and Vegito making Merged Zamasu his bitch was just epic.

10/10
Nov 12, 2016 4:33 PM

Sep 2016
don't know if this episode hype or disappointment
vegito screentime is soooooo short, zamasu got asspulled by trunks spirit bomb/sword
trunks get all the credit while making vegito so useless, not even damaging zamasu immortal body, but trunks just slash him and he is dead

my biggest disappointment in this arc is just potara zamasu is way too weak. how many time he got outpowered by vegeta, goku and trunks alone? he should've roflstomped all of them with ease like how vegito roflstomped super buu
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 12, 2016 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was intense as hell and good but the part with trunks is a bit forced at least without the subs.
Nov 12, 2016 4:34 PM
Sep 2014
I realize that in DB characters are as strong as they need to be beacuse plot but this was too much. Vegito in SSGSS was unable to beat Zamasu and you mean to tell me that Trunks ( his power-up is still bullshit btw.) with some energy from humans ( from completely ravaged Earth no less!) was able to beat him? Hahahaha, lol nope.

Remember good old times with DBZ? Like when they needed energy from ALL of the universe ( and Otherworld) and the whole Z-Team to beat Buu. And here to beat opponent stronger than Buu Trunks just needed energy from few humans? This is too much of a stretch. Even for DB.
Nov 12, 2016 4:37 PM

Oct 2008
Vegito would have won if Akira didn't retcon how the potara fusion is supposed to last forever.
Nov 12, 2016 4:38 PM

Nov 2010
Fight animation for super sAiyan blue Vegito was wickedly good.im surprised they defused And trunks reliating with his spirit sword bomb slash against zamasu was a cool moment though like everyone was saying,how was he stronger than Ssj blue Vegito? XD eh whatever lol
Nov 12, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2016
Tempus36 said:
I realize that in DB characters are as strong as they need to be beacuse plot but this was too much. Vegito in SSGSS was unable to beat Zamasu and you mean to tell me that Trunks ( his power-up is still bullshit btw.) with some energy from humans ( from completely ravaged Earth no less!) was able to beat him? Hahahaha, lol nope.

Remember good old times with DBZ? Like when they needed energy from ALL of the universe ( and Otherworld) and the whole Z-Team to beat Buu. And here to beat opponent stronger than Buu Trunks just needed energy from few humans? This is too much of a stretch. Even for DB.
trunk the biggest plot armor here

>ss2 fighting on par against ss rose with goku and vegeta ssb
>get ssb aura just because he rage
>survive marathon 12 hours? holding both black and zamasu
>outpowred potara zamasu with galick gun
>bullshit spirit sword

well, at least it's cool sword battle i guess...?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 12, 2016 4:42 PM

Apr 2015
I get it the whole message behind Trunk's attack was that humans/mortals can stand up to a god if they gather their power but still it felt out of nowhere really. I'm used to power levels being all over the place but this was much even for my taste.

The retcon is also something I really didn't like. I remember back then how the danger of this fusion was that you can't undo it and Goku & Vegeta made this decision in order to save earth and everyone.

If I have to give it some plusses it was the extremely fluent animation and the storyboarding. Thanks Nakamura for this. Ide, Tachi, Ishikawa and Kano made sure that everything looked crisp.
Nov 12, 2016 4:44 PM

Jan 2009
ShinsoPriest said:
Vegito would have won if Akira didn't retcon how the potara fusion is supposed to last forever.

ye you are right, it would have been more awesome if Vegito defeat Zamasu there
Nov 12, 2016 4:44 PM

Sep 2016
maaan im so pissed off right now, this arc climax is just so bad and bullshit ex machina
CrossAnge

Nov 12, 2016 4:45 PM
Sep 2014
Fappa said:
I get it the whole message behind Trunk's attack was that humans/mortals can stand up to a god if they gather their power but still it felt out of nowhere really. I'm used to power levels being all over the place but this was much even for my taste.

The retcon is also something I really didn't like. I remember back then how the danger of this fusion was that you can't undo it and Goku & Vegeta made this decision in order to save earth and everyone.

If I have to give it some plusses it was the extremely fluent animation and the storyboarding. Thanks Nakamura for this. Ide, Tachi, Ishikawa and Kano made sure that everything looked crisp.

The funny thing is that this time around there was no danger in fusion at all even without retcon. They have now Buu on their side so even if the fusion were to be permanent they could just: ask Buu to absorb them-> use barrier-> turn barrier off-> fusion undone. Like in DBZ.
Nov 12, 2016 4:48 PM

Oct 2008
Tempus36 said:
Fappa said:

The funny thing is that this time around there was no danger in fusion at all even without retcon. They have now Buu on their side so even if the fusion were to be permanent they could just: ask Buu to absorb them-> use barrier-> turn barrier off-> fusion undone. Like in DBZ.

Or use the Dragon Balls like Supreme Kai did to undo the fusion with Kibito Kai.
Nov 12, 2016 4:48 PM

Sep 2014
I have a feeling they'll retcon the Defusion in manga more perfectly than in anime.

But this was really disappointing. I always thought that Potara Fusion was way different from Fusion Dance - without any limit.
Nov 12, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2012
I can't believe there will be a day I would say this, but as of today GT is better than Super.

What an awful episode filled with retcons and asspulls.
Nov 12, 2016 4:54 PM

Sep 2016
this arc is asspull over asspull over asspull over asspull aaaaaagh
CrossAnge

Nov 12, 2016 4:55 PM

Sep 2016
the manga is vastly superior than anime though, let's wait for the manga version. it's shorter yet more compact with a lot of explanation and relevant backstory
CrossAnge

Nov 12, 2016 5:44 PM

Apr 2010
Tempus36 said:

Vegito could have likely have beaten Zamasu if he hadn't defused. Trunks was also given the power from Goku and Vegeta on top of his own high level of power to begin with.

The Spirit Sword was also a heavily condensed version of the Spirit Bomb.

Also in the manga they only needed people from Earth to beat Buu.
Nov 12, 2016 5:45 PM

Sep 2016
Yeah Vegito got retconned..was watching the guy on twitter translating the dialogues....Non kaioshins (goku and vegeta) can only last 1 hour fused together..but i think the intensity of the battle..they got separated more quickly
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Nov 12, 2016 5:46 PM

Apr 2010
Darius said:
fucking dumbass toriyama

Toriyama didn't write this.

In fact Vegito probably had nothing to do with Toriyama.
Nov 12, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
Fappa said:

The retcon actually makes sense. Vegito only fight with buuhan in few minutes in the manga and for no reason he defused inside Buu. But now, they defused because normal people have only 1 hour in fusion and because the potara are only eternal if one of the fusee is a Kaioshin, so the first defuse makes more sense now.

In the case of the actual battle, they defused fast because of power. About the fact that they're told about the eternity of fusion in potara, you can say that the old kaioshin say that because of his experience and Gowasu know more than him.
Nov 12, 2016 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
TRUNKS
WAS
A
MISTAKE
Nov 12, 2016 5:59 PM

Sep 2016
Lolimancer said:
TRUNKS
WAS
A
MISTAKE
i hope zeno just destroy the fuck outta him and his entire timeline
disgrace to dragon ball super
CrossAnge

Nov 12, 2016 6:01 PM
Aug 2010
Trunks = Gary Stu.

TheInsaneNov 12, 2016 6:45 PM
Nov 12, 2016 6:12 PM
Nov 2015
Wtf was this shit about? It didn't make any sense! Are they even trying to write some plot here?

2/5 'cuz I liked the Vegitto vs Zamasu part.
Nov 12, 2016 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
GangsterCat said:
Lolimancer said:
TRUNKS
WAS
A
MISTAKE

This. Trunks is the only thing that has been pissing me off this arc. I don't even give a fuck about the Potara retcon, but this is something else.

Is Trunks basically Erza now?
Nov 12, 2016 6:21 PM

Sep 2016
Lolimancer said:
GangsterCat said:

This. Trunks is the only thing that has been pissing me off this arc. I don't even give a fuck about the Potara retcon, but this is something else.

Vegito basically a shitty version of Gogeta now, only with better hair and outfit
trunks ssj2 just shit on everyone because he is trunks lmao
CrossAnge

Nov 12, 2016 6:34 PM

Oct 2008
GangsterCat said:
Lolimancer said:

Vegito basically a shitty version of Gogeta now, only with better hair and outfit

Nah, Gogeta is the shittier one.
Nov 12, 2016 6:36 PM

Feb 2013
GangsterCat said:
Lolimancer said:

Zamasu was weak because of his fight with Vegetto and because he's not immortal anymore. Trunks only destroy his body.

In the next episode Zeno is probably going to destroy Zamasu completely.
Nov 12, 2016 6:36 PM

Mar 2011
This is a farce and an absolute disgrace showing to all of the Dragon Ball franchise.

First about the Potara fusion duration, we were under the impression that it lasted forever only for outside things to intervene but now so suddenly to only give it a time limit of 1 hour for mortals?! Gogeta v Vegito debate is going to be refreshed now with huge nerf for Vegito

Second the way Vegito struggled against fused Zamasu when even their individual form they seem to inflict the same amount of damage as they did even as Vegito (Where is the power up? Where is the domination?) Even if Zamasu was immortal that doesn't mean his power doesn't match up to Vegito.. he would just keep coming at him like a fly to get knocked down each time; the only difference being he is immortal to suffer to continuous humiliation.

Then a normal SSJ2 Trunks with a no logic random power up, few human survivors , a lifeless planet and a WEAKENED Vegeta and Goku power transfer which shouldn't even have enough energy to even have an affect suddenly went OP and killed him off? Nah not having this

After the hype of seeing Vegito in the preview and the performance he gave there; honestly I am very disappointed and disgusted at this series right now. They just ruined a living legend DBS needs a hard long look at themselves.

Even if Vegito weakened him immensely enough to even give Trunks a chance this is absolutely pathetic; one hit rendered both Goku and Vegeta on their knees while Trunks just does it after being hit too? Do characters that wonders into a different timeline get a nerf or what?!
Nov 12, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2012
Oh hey, Vegito! Honestly wasn't a fan of the semi-retcon of the potara having a time limit for non-Kais, but oh well. It was to give Trunks the spotlight, whatever. XD
Nov 12, 2016 6:45 PM

Oct 2011
FFS it didn't even last half an episode.....Fck that bs explaination.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Nov 12, 2016 6:57 PM

May 2015
Mixed feelings about this episode. From an art/animation standpoint, this episode was top-notch. From a writing standpoint, it was meh... Blue Vegetto was badass and it certainly looked like he had an advantage over Zamasu. Unfortunately, Toei/Toriyama had to retcon the whole "permanent" facotor of the potara fusion with the time limit B.S. I mean, why didn't Elder Kai/Supreme Kai bother to inform Goku about this potara handicapp wheras Gowasu does so nonchantaly???

Trunks also forming a psuedo variation of the Spirit Bomb was also B.S. I understand the symbolism behind it, but Trunks has no awareness of this move and somehow makes it more effective than even Goku who mastered it. My favorite parts of this episode were Kaioken, Blue Vegetto introduction, and Final Kamehameha being canon. Everything else was meh...
EmblemzNov 12, 2016 7:11 PM

Nov 12, 2016 7:01 PM

Aug 2013
Dude...that finishing blow was just so damn painful. Trunks impaled him then sliced him from the balls on up.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 12, 2016 7:03 PM

Oct 2008
Alfyan said:
First about the Potara fusion duration, we were under the impression that it lasted forever only for outside things to intervene but now so suddenly to only give it a time limit of 1 hour for mortals?! Gogeta v Vegito debate is going to be refreshed now with huge nerf for Vegito

Second the way Vegito struggled against fused Zamasu when even their individual form they seem to inflict the same amount of damage as they did even as Vegito (Where is the power up? Where is the domination?) Even if Zamasu was immortal that doesn't mean his power doesn't match up to Vegito.. he would just keep coming at him like a fly to get knocked down each time; the only difference being he is immortal to suffer to continuous humiliation.

Yeah, they retconned it. Goku questions Gowasu about how they unfused during the Buu saga even though it was supposed to be permanent, and Gowasu explains that mortals can only stay fused for an hour. Disappointing, but still better than the fusion dance. When they unfused early against Zamasu, Gowasu says that they must've used up the earring's power to keep them fused. Apparently the earrings have a power limit like the fusion dance depending on how much power the user is using.

Vegito wasn't struggling against Zamasu any more than he was against Buuhan. Like that scene where Buuhan tries to break reality or something by screaming, and Vegito struggles to punch him out of it. It's still obvious that Vegito is stronger. He just lets himself take a hit or two for dramatic effect to show the enemy how pointless it is to try to damage him. It should be noted that Vegito did not know that the fusion would expire so quickly, otherwise he would have given Zamasu the Gogeta treatment.
Nov 12, 2016 7:06 PM

Jun 2014
Darius said:
From dragonball.wikia: "The potara earrings have the ability to fuse two people into a single entity, substantially enhancing the abilities of both individuals. The resulting fusion lasts forever, even if the fused being removes the earrings, so caution is needed when handling them. "

Waiting for an explanation on how Vegito defused.

Lasts forever on Kai's apparently. Mortals can only fuse for an hour and due to Vegito's immense power he got cut short even sooner.

Also people complaining about asspulls are definitely new to the Dragon Ball series, or anime in general for that matter.
Nov 12, 2016 7:06 PM

Apr 2015
I am super conflicted lol
On the onehand, that fight looked AMAZING
and Vegito was in perfect character
but the limit was utter bullshit

In retrospect, it actually makes more sense then buu's thing ever did (unless I missed an explanation someplace)
but its STILL a retcon just to give the fight tension (how the heck did Gowasu know that but not Elder Kai?)
and it pisses me off
I am so conflicted on how much i enjoyed it
LOL
Nov 12, 2016 7:11 PM

Mar 2009
To be fair, Trunks is half-sayain. If Gohan never stopped training he will end this fight only by his breath. Gohan, Trunks and Goten can be much stronger than Goku and Vegeta ever will be. Gohan needed some random android head destroyed to be as strong as Vegeta 9 years later. And Trunks being in his new form (that probably Vegata had to before going SSB, half-way point) it's not wierd for me that he is this strong.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Nov 12, 2016 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
EmphaticPikachu said:

In retrospect, it actually makes more sense then buu's thing ever did (unless I missed an explanation someplace)
but its STILL a retcon just to give the fight tension (how the heck did Gowasu know that but not Elder Kai?)
and it pisses me off.
LOL

Gowasu worked with mortals, this is his main job. Probalby even tested this. Elder Kai was in sword :D
1. Read source material
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
Nov 12, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
I'm happy to see Vegitoble again. The animation was amazing for the fight. I'm not too happy with the bs about potara being an hour instead of... eternal. And of course Trunks getting all these stupid ass power ups really ruined it. How much energy could he have gotten from like... 50 humans at most lmfao
Nov 12, 2016 7:16 PM

Jan 2016
when you click cancel instead of submit....

plot stupid
potaru earings bullshit.... but agree with caoi_ken
vegito was cool
spirit bomb into trunk's energy sword at last
zen-chan FINALLY in the preview

Nov 12, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2014
Potara fusion was never permanent in the first place??!?
I'm disappointed that Vegito only lasted for a couple of minutes but I'm glad someone other than Goku had the finishing blow.
Doesn't make sense how Trunks got enough energy from so little people though.
Nov 12, 2016 7:18 PM
Dec 2014
Zeno is so useless appearing just after Zamasu was beaten.
Why this character even exist?
Nov 12, 2016 7:20 PM

Mar 2009
One more thing - Potara - It's not like it had sense before, that they will split by being swallowed :D
1. Read source material
3. Suffer

Nov 12, 2016 7:26 PM

Nov 2014
WORST EPISODE EVER! Why the hell is that whenever the fuck something gets hyped so much from DBS it gets ruined beyond fix. The screen time for Vegito was over before it even began and what the hell kind of plot armor was that for Trunks? There's at least one thing that DB franchise never had was a plot armor, now it suffers from that too.

-Why couldn't vegito finish the job? and some people started rooting randomly for trunks and he achieved some kind of spirit form which is supposedly stronger than SSJB vegito? Power level is such a BS.
Nov 12, 2016 7:28 PM

Apr 2015
robhans said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

and it pisses me off.
LOL

Gowasu worked with mortals, this is his main job. Probalby even tested this. Elder Kai was in sword :D

I'll live with it ONLY (god I prefer italics over caps, caps makes me sound so angry when I'm not, how to italic here zzz...) if Goku takes pot shots about it towards the Elder Kai he himself admits to not knowing. :/
Nov 12, 2016 7:28 PM

Nov 2014
Jodecii said:
Darius said:
From dragonball.wikia: "The potara earrings have the ability to fuse two people into a single entity, substantially enhancing the abilities of both individuals. The resulting fusion lasts forever, even if the fused being removes the earrings, so caution is needed when handling them. "

Waiting for an explanation on how Vegito defused.

Lasts forever on Kai's apparently. Mortals can only fuse for an hour and due to Vegito's immense power he got cut short even sooner.

Also people complaining about asspulls are definitely new to the Dragon Ball series, or anime in general for that matter.

New or old that doesn't mean that asspulls are good things, they are unacceptable. I would have preferred screaming and rage and then achieving a new form over trunks getting a sudden power up out of nowhere because some random people starting chanting his name.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

79 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.