Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2017 8:05 AM
Feb 2017
I laughed so hard when Naruto put out his ramen voucher. I still didn't believe it that the ramen voucher which was from more than ten years ago still available and valid for free ramens. Moreover, the one who wants free ramens is hokage himself. I mean seriously, a hokage only wants free ramens for him and his family? LOL... XD
Aug 2, 2017 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
was a cute fun ep i enjoyed it but am looking forward to next ep as it begins the new arc gonna be nice seeing this animated
"one step at a time"
Aug 2, 2017 8:28 AM
May 2012
second half was really nice.
i really prefer fillers like this.
Aug 2, 2017 8:47 AM

Oct 2015
For EVERYONE who still think that some or even all of Boruto's episodes up until now are as filler, probably you're wrong.

Come, check this link :
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/boruto-naruto-next-generations
Aug 2, 2017 9:44 AM

May 2015
Naruto household episode... wives in anime have a track record of putting strong MC/Husband in their place... Lol! Nice father & son bonding moment... and I also got a lot of insight on Naruto after becoming hokage... in terms of slice of life this and the one they visited grandpa & aunty are my favorites episode so far but I want a Himawari centric episode…
Aug 2, 2017 9:46 AM

Jan 2017
Kurama got screen time. yaaay!
so much nostalgia
Aug 2, 2017 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
I see a lot of people saying this just Filler?

If that's true imma be so mad. Like this stupid Nomu (that's my hero academia tho) crap isn't even necessary ugh... just gimme Boruto crossing his headband out and fighting whoever evil dude.

And omg I finally got to see daddy Kiba even if it was of for a little while
UrbanJahtsAug 2, 2017 9:32 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2017 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
Naruto inauguration flashback which he missed cause himawari got the byakugan and rekt him XD
Boruto and naruto eating some ramen.
Aug 2, 2017 11:42 AM
Jun 2015
where is ichiraku i didn't see hem ??
Aug 2, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
pgmhecateii said:
I still won´t like Boruto and the others (his classmates) no matter what. Himawari is okay, though.

Lmao isn't that what the series is focusing on though? You might not like the show if you hate the whole main cast dude.
nico nico knee me in the ass
Aug 2, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2017
captb1417 said:
For EVERYONE who still think that some or even all of Boruto's episodes up until now are as filler, probably you're wrong.

Come, check this link :
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/boruto-naruto-next-generations

Even if it's canon it's still filler because it's not progressing the story in anyway. most filler is canon anways but that doesn't stop is from being filler like flashbacks and all that.
nico nico knee me in the ass
Aug 2, 2017 2:51 PM
Feb 2016
The legendary queen of gluttony... Hinata xd
Aug 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
Hehe that old lady did the Hokage coat for every single Hokage, like Naruto said just how old would that put her to be, I don't remember there being a official Naruto timeline since the founding of Konoha until now.

Very nice to finally see something being adopted into the new anime, they did a good job with this special one shot chapter.

Also I got the feels when they entered Ichiraku Ramen and it was only the daughter there with no old man anymore, probably passed away. I cry man.

Looking forward to Sarada's arc from next week.
Aug 2, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2012
This will be the last ep I watch of Boruto due to fillers and slow eps already. I might check in every now and then to see what's been going on though...
Aug 2, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2016
i was genuinely expecting the old man to greet naruto and boruto whilst his daughter smiling next to him holding a plate doing dishes.
for a brief moment i felt a little empty inside..

also i wonder if the new guy behind the bar is ayame's husband? anyone can confirm?
Aug 2, 2017 7:15 PM
May 2017
I didn't really grow up watching episodes of Naruto but I can't describe the feeling of watching Naruto, (a kid I watched grow up) come to his family completely wasted. It was one of those moments of sudden realization that you always knew but never really took the time to sort out your emotions on the matter. Too be cear I'm not against Naruto and his friends drinking, (though smoking can't be good for any Ninja's career XD) I'm just more surprised by it then I should be.

I liked that the relationships in the Uzumaki family were given screen time.

Glad to see an episode coming up that will at least mention Sarada's daddy issues. The completely unqualified Psychiatrist in me can't wait.
Aug 2, 2017 11:11 PM

Sep 2015
Not a bad flashback episode.
Aug 2, 2017 11:17 PM

Sep 2011
I like how this episode made Hinata a likable character and actually gave her more character than 700 chapters worth of the original manga.
Aug 2, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2014
The flashback to the day naruto became hokage didn't bother me as much as i thought it would. Nice interactions between Naruto and everyone else. The episode was done through Boruto's eyes but Naruto was the main character of this ep and I loved it. Also looks like the Gaiden starts next episode.
Aug 2, 2017 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
Ramkec said:
Hehe that old lady did the Hokage coat for every single Hokage, like Naruto said just how old would that put her to be, I don't remember there being a official Naruto timeline since the founding of Konoha until now.

Very nice to finally see something being adopted into the new anime, they did a good job with this special one shot chapter.

Also I got the feels when they entered Ichiraku Ramen and it was only the daughter there with no old man anymore, probably passed away. I cry man.

Looking forward to Sarada's arc from next week.

If I remember correctly the closest thing we ever got to figuring out how old Konoha is was Yamato using a 60 year old (probably 75-80 by now) technique invented by the 1st hokage to seal 9 tails chakra.
Aug 3, 2017 5:22 AM

May 2014
Loved the episode and the references to the novels, the setting up for the summit (which happens in the movie).

They really care about the timeline, and they've been connecting things and even foreshadowing them really nicely. I like the writer who's handling this.

Aug 3, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2011
Dude this episode was no only nostalgic for naruto, but for we who have been watching this series since the early 2000s. Didn't expect the ramen stand to become a restaurant LOL
Aug 3, 2017 11:58 AM
May 2017
#hinatatheramenqueen 46bowls
Aug 3, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2011
Did anyone go back to watch naruto shippuden ending 34 after watching this episode?
Aug 4, 2017 7:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Himawari came down with the cold then. Damm its sad to see the energetic Himawari be bedridden though. Hmm so this is a flashback to Naruto inauguration eh. Wow Naruto sure got pretty drunk lol. Watching the old guard act like this sure is funny. Himawari sure is cute though. Its nice that we get to see a normal day at the Uzumaki household though. Plus taking the time to show the inauguration was a nice touch. Hmm that artisan sure is dedicated to her duties i guess. Hmm Himawari managed to inherit the stubborn nature of both her parents then. The poor plushie though but to think that her go into a fury though lol. Never break any of her toys i guess. Hmm so this is when her eye abilities manifested eh. To think that Konohamaru had to step in as a copy to take Naruto's place though. Though it seems every one of Naruto's friends saw through the ruse lol. Himawari's eye abilities and her power up really is something though. She's pretty scary when she's mad and actively looking for her target though.

The contrast between the pride that Boruto felt for Naruto that day and now though was interesting to see. But no matter Naruto is he will still rush back if his precious daughter is in danger though thats for sure. This episode really gave more screen time for Himawari and also put the focus on the bond between Naruto and Boruto as well. Its a rare sight to see Hinata get angry though and she's scary when she is lol. Hmm so the ramen cart progressed on to become a shop eh nice. Hmm so now Naruto wedding gift from them comes in handy lol. Wow that poster. Still it's nice to see the attempt to bond between Naruto and Boruto though. Hmm Choji and his daughter have an interesting way to bond. The ramen cart certainly had plenty of fond memories for Naruto and his friends though. Wow so the queen if bowls is actually Hinata eh. Shame that Naruto couldn't attend his own inauguration though but Himawari did awaken her powers so i guess it was still a good thing. I really enjoyed this episode because of its focus on Naruto and the family really.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2017 12:33 PM
Dec 2015
ariel_nugie said:
Ulquiorra said:
These guys are really trying to make me hate Naruto and Boruto.
Naruto came home drunk like a lame father with the excuse of his work and Boruto broke Himawari's toy.

for what I saw it.. he came home drunk wasn't because of his work.. but because his friends were celebrating his inauguration for becoming the next hokage.

I agree. Siblings always fight like that.
Aug 4, 2017 3:02 PM

Aug 2015
That was a cute episode. I really liked it. Though I'm still wondering when we're getting some villains and action. It's been almost 20 episodes now, come on man, don't drag it out just to reach a billion episodes...
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 5, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2010
Certainly didn't expect to see Naruto drunk xD Half of this week's ep has been already shown in OVA, but it was still totally fun :3 I would appreciate more family moments like this one in the future!

Boruto/Naruto relationship is waaay too awkward though... This is just sad, especially since we know how happy Boruto was when he saw his father coming home early for Himawari's sake :< I hope they'll connect more in the close future!

Hinata being top 1 eater wasn't even that surprising, I mean we've already seen her potential :D
Aug 5, 2017 9:04 PM

Oct 2008
damn! Hinata is the legendary queen of ramen eating contest and no one has beaten her record 46 big bowls of Ichiraku ramen!
Ichiraku's place became bigtime!
Damn! angry Himawari is very frightening! but we never see what Himawari actually did to Boruto...
5/5.

Aug 5, 2017 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
The fact that people like this episode disgusts me.. It had a few extra scenes but other than that we've already seen this LOL.

The creators are REALLY trying SUPER hard to make this series worse than it already is.

Literally in 18 episodes.. LITERALLY NOTHING has happened besides Boruto fighting Hinata's sister.

LOL.

It's to the point where I just fast forward the entire episode to see if there's anything going on.

It almost seems like they took what was bad from Naruto and are adapting it into this series. Nothing but talking, filler, and more filler.. And more flashback filler. If nothing happens in the next episode.. LOL.

I've never seen an Anime that starts the series off with filler... With the prequel of the anime being infamous for disgusting amounts of filler... I really hope what started off was filler after episode 2. Shits been boring as fuck and just dull..
SasoraAug 5, 2017 11:59 PM
Aug 6, 2017 12:42 AM

Sep 2008
Sasora said:

It almost seems like they took what was bad from Naruto and are adapting it into this series. Nothing but talking, filler, and more filler.. And more flashback filler. If nothing happens in the next episode.. LOL.

I've never seen an Anime that starts the series off with filler... With the prequel of the anime being infamous for disgusting amounts of filler... I really hope what started off was filler after episode 2. Shits been boring as fuck and just dull..

I think the biggest problem is they're treating this show as if it's not a sequel.
If this was new anime with new world, it'd be fine. Not great, but fine. Just like Naruto was.
However, here we have established world, established characters and so much more, yet all of that gets ignored and it's basicaly "Naruto: The beginings rehashed".

It's almost the same as Naruto was, except this time, I don't care. I've seen these exact same things before. And not only that, but they were done better last time.

I skip some parts of episodes so it only takes around 10 minutes every week to see it, I'd drop it otherwise. It's probably going to get better in the future, but hell, I skipped over all the filler episodes of Naruto and even some canon ones that were boring as fuck with flashbacks and talk-no-jutsus, so having that same thing except with little kids and no characters I care about?
Maybe this show is just not for me anymore...
Aug 6, 2017 1:40 AM
May 2016
Kitsu-nee said:

Hinata being top 1 eater wasn't even that surprising, I mean we've already seen her potential :D

haha :D I recalled it too
Aug 6, 2017 5:08 AM

Jul 2009
Himawari is nicer than Boruto...

Finally, next week Sarada's arc will start...
Aug 6, 2017 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
nice interactions between naruto and boruto, and rewatching the scene with himawari, fun =D

also HINATA THE QUEEN, anyone still doubt that? =D not to mention, she can get mad too =O

Sasora said:

all i need are interactions between characters i like, specially the naruto family...oh look, hinata is my favorite anime girl...
fights are nice and all but i like this setting too

AnimeFan500 said:
Did anyone go back to watch naruto shippuden ending 34 after watching this episode?

wow, thanks for the idea, that ending is a good addiction to this episode,
also hinata already beating naruto on the ramen challenge LOL
winddevil1Aug 6, 2017 9:34 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 7, 2017 6:23 AM
Mar 2017
Incoming arc: Daddy's issues
Aug 8, 2017 8:37 PM
Jul 2017
Crzykido said:
man look at ichiraku ramen now haha

Omg the feels from the original naruto series haha nostalgia
Aug 9, 2017 10:53 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Naruto cracked open too many cold ones with the boys.
Lol, after Boruto asked where they were going, I thought Naruto was going to crack open a cold one with his son too since the first thing I saw was a mug of beer.
But dang, Ichiraku has gotten fancy. Aww but Chouchou and Choji doing their thing was cute. ;o;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 10, 2017 9:36 AM

Jun 2012
There's something out there in this episode that just made me look again at how I did exactly find myself loving anime, I can't tell if it was that short skit by Choji and his daughter or was it the nostalgia sceneries aspect.

This episode while quiet, is filled with blended bliss and sorrow. 5/5
Aug 12, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
Blah blah blah Naruto with Boruto... But can we talk about the fact how cute are Chouji and ChoCho? ♥♥

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 16, 2017 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
Nice family themed episode. Pretty interesting, but still waiting to see Naruto train with Boruto.
Aug 18, 2017 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
Fuuuuu at the end with all the photos, there was one with the Sasuke rescue team.
Naruto, Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba, Lee and.... NEJIIII
UWAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aug 22, 2017 2:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
this anime is about Boruto? i think not, is more important Naruto or Himawari, sorry but the episode was boring!!!
Sep 3, 2017 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
Excited to see Gaiden adapted finally. Looks like next episode will at least begin explaining Sarada's doubts.
Oct 29, 2017 8:56 AM

Jul 2016
those photos at the top of this thread made me want to curl up, naruto was so cute i can't even

this episode was pure goodness.
Nov 9, 2017 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
well, half of it already in OVA, but seriously, Hinata is the Queen of Gluttony, I can't believe it, lol
Dec 8, 2017 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
I preferred Ichiraku Ramen when it was small and comfy.
Dec 17, 2017 5:38 AM

Jan 2013
Faederwulf said:
I preferred Ichiraku Ramen when it was small and comfy.

Same, maybe it's nostalgia but it definitely felt special, now it's just another store in their village.
Then again, most of the village has been modernized since Boruto started.
Sep 6, 2018 9:21 AM

Apr 2016
Himawari beat the legendry ninja
BRAWLERS
Feb 16, 2019 8:57 PM

Mar 2014
Boy, remembering little-shit Naruto way back coming here and now he's here as Hokage with his own boy makes me realize how awkward life is
Feb 20, 2019 11:29 AM

May 2013
Ofc Iruka would see through Konohamaru's henge XD he's adorable hahahah. Foreshadowing the next hokage?!?! ;D ;D hehehe. "SANKYU DATTEBAYO...kore" HAD ME ROLLING!!!!!

I see Shika-kun started smoking using Asuma's lighter TT____TT MY HEART.

omgah, that Ichiraku Nanadaime poster was too cute xD
DAYUMZ, HINATA. LOLOL. Get em, gurl xD

Boruto needs to get his salty ass outta here.
I get so triggered when he calls Naruto "stupid old man" RRGH Dx

Nice to get a glimpse of the 5 new Kage tho. Mizukage is the little 4 eyes-kun :D

Naruto's photos in the room TT^TT Miss you, Neji <3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.