Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode. I forgot how intense this series can get at times.

I'm a fan of Minami and personally, this episode really bought him out to his best against his opponent. Junta's awesome too and really had a fiery passion in this race.

One more episode left :<
Jun 19, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Teshima's doing an amazing job at keeping up with Manami, Though if Manami really wanted to, he'd probably leave Teshima in the dust. I do like how he's coming to respect Teshima as a person for being able to keep up with him.

As much as I'd love for Teshima to win, especially since it'd be a first for him. Winning because of Manami's chain conveniently coming lose before the goal line seems like awfully cheap writing.

Also someone remind me, why is it that only Manami can gain speed with the tailwind and not the others?
Lelouch0202Jun 19, 2017 12:14 PM
Jun 19, 2017 12:13 PM
Aug 2009

Lelouch0202 said:

As much as I'd love for Teshima to win, especially since it'd be a first for him. Winning because of Manami's chain conveniently coming lose before the goal line seems like awfully cheap writing.

Yeah that'll make Teshima winning the race meaningless...

Lelouch0202 said:

Also someone remind, why is that only Manami can gain speed with the tailwind and not the others?

It's an anime. Don't question his UNIQUE PASSIVE.
Just like how he gears UP while riding uphill.
\(^O^)/
Jun 19, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Lelouch0202 said:

Also someone remind, why is that only Manami can gain speed with the tailwind and not the others?

wasn't it something like he can sense when the wind is coming and he shifts gears at the correct time to accelerate really well? Can anyone give a more accurate answer?

Glad onoda didn't catch up. I wouldn't have liked it if he did. The reason the author had him jump up is probably to go to Teshima after he finishes or something i guess.

I feel a bit bad for Manami, he is supposed to be strong af but has he ever actually won? I can't help wanting him to win. But then there's Teshima who always works hard even though he isn't special, i also think he deserves a win. Who to root for? T_T

I already see Manami fixing his chain, catching up and winning or Teshima passing out before the finish line or something XD it would be too bad for Manami to lose like this.
removed-userJun 19, 2017 12:18 PM
Jun 19, 2017 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
The soundtrack at the end was HUGE. I'm rooting for both - Manami is precious as fuck, but Teshima had probably the greatest development of the season so I'm torn.

(WILD FANBOY GUESS: ONODA SUDDENLY APPEARS, FIXES MANAMI'S CHAIN AND THE THREE OF THEM RACE TO FINISH LINE, ONLY FOR THE SEASON TO END IN THE MOST BIZARRE CLIFFHANGER EVER)

Gaaaaaaaaaaaah and next week is going to be the last episode, I'm not ready to say goodbye yet ;-;
Jun 19, 2017 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Hollweg said:
The soundtrack at the end was HUGE. I'm rooting for both - Manami is precious as fuck, but Teshima had probably the greatest development of the season so I'm torn.

(WILD FANBOY GUESS: ONODA SUDDENLY APPEARS, FIXES MANAMI'S CHAIN AND THE THREE OF THEM RACE TO FINISH LINE, ONLY FOR THE SEASON TO END IN THE MOST BIZARRE CLIFFHANGER EVER)

Gaaaaaaaaaaaah and next week is going to be the last episode, I'm not ready to say goodbye yet ;-;

1. totally agree
2. i hope he doesn't, seriously. (But its yowamushi pedal nobody knows what will happen, might as well bet midousuji will win somehow XD)
3. WHAT? lol i thought there was more. Why would they stop it there, i wanna kill someone. Hope we get another season soon. Is there enough manga material?
Jun 19, 2017 12:55 PM

Nov 2007
^no,there is isn't enough of manga material as far as i know:/

This.episode.
as i stated before, Teshima and Manami are my fave characters, so i had truly great time. The chain thing was lame, i don't really want Teshima to win this way but idk. I thought they will show us the result in this episode but they were like naaah,cliffhanger!

The omake was precious.
Jun 19, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
A battle between Genius and hard-worker. And the hard-worker guy really passionate about road racing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 19, 2017 1:18 PM

Nov 2016
Wow this episode was fucking tense, probably the best this season. Loved Teshimas spirit.

Manabis chain coming of is a plot convenience I don't mind as long it's only there to give us a nice cliffhanger and not turns out to be the reason for Teshimas win.

And as unlikely as it may sound, I still didn't gave up the hope that Onoda will appear out of nowhere and wins this stage xD

Next episode is the last one :( please God let them announce a sequel for 2018.
FMmatronJun 19, 2017 4:04 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2017 1:45 PM
Jun 2014
Hollweg said:

3. WHAT? lol i thought there was more. Why would they stop it there, i wanna kill someone. Hope we get another season soon. Is there enough manga material?

Yes there is enough manga material to finishthe second interhigh, last time i checked the raws (which was a long time ago) they were on the third day, by now it should be over or close to it. If it isnt over they would probably get ahead of the manga but thwy wont pull an anime original ed.
Jun 19, 2017 2:03 PM
Feb 2008
Seeing how this episode didn't end with Teshima actually winning, I guess Manami will turn things around and then Onoda will suddenly appear. Teshima really deserves to win so hope I'm wrong!
Jun 19, 2017 2:26 PM

Feb 2013
Teshima is too damn amazing!
I wasn't expecting this at all.
Manami has chain problems, Teshima actually has a change to win.
Jun 19, 2017 2:43 PM
Aug 2016
my fav ep yet; both two of my fav characters are facing each other and aaaah that cliffhanger
i am really liking that he came to respect teshima as a person; he really is amazing

if i remember in the first season; chain problem and so on are part of luck and even good players may affect them; so maybe teshima will win ? i hope so
h love minami but i want hard working junta to get his chance too
Jun 19, 2017 3:04 PM

Jul 2014
Definitely my fav ep so far, Manami and Teshima are sooooo precious riehsgqjaksbsv
Reading their battle in the manga is actually what secured them a place in my favorites, glad the anime is doing it justice.
aaaaa it's ending next week, too soon, too soon...
Hopefully there'll be a 4th season. There's nearly enough manga material for another 3 cour like S1
Jun 19, 2017 3:08 PM

Dec 2013
Teshima is getting an initial D "you were totally outclassed but some off chance thing happened so you win lol" victory
Jun 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Nov 2014
this episode made junta my fav character from yowapeda and one of my fav character ultimately.
BroneOppa said:
Teshima is getting an initial D "you were totally outclassed but some off chance thing happened so you win lol" victory

i honestly couldnt care less i just want him to win for once
Jun 19, 2017 4:44 PM

May 2009
OMG Teshima is so awesome! He's pushing his limits just to pass Manami! If Teshima can inspire himself to pass someone as strong as Manami, who's to say we should underestimate "ordinary" people for being...well, Ordinary! I hope Izumida gets the shock of his life for being overconfident about Teshima's skills being easily defeated by Manami. I also hope Manami gets his chain fixed 'cause the race was getting good and I would hate that Teshima won because of "mechanical issues" Manami experienced near the finish line!
Jun 19, 2017 6:11 PM

Apr 2011
BroneOppa said:

I'd hardly call him totally outclassed, for close to 4 kilometers he was a meter or less behind Manami, he was hanging onto him like a dying mutt. And Manami stopped fucking around and just having fun a few minutes into the episode.

Gods, I love the Inter-High. I really hope Teshima wins the mountain stage for the season finale. I also hope they don't have too long of a hiatus before Season 4. I'd never have thought a bike racing anime could be this goddamn magnificent.
Jun 19, 2017 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

Teshima's doing an amazing job at keeping up with Manami, Though if Manami really wanted to, he'd probably leave Teshima in the dust. I do like how he's coming to respect Teshima as a person for being able to keep up with him.

Also someone remind me, why is it that only Manami can gain speed with the tailwind and not the others?

I see what you're saying, but that type of stuff actually happens in racing. The same way Kaburagi's tires went flat and how Maki got a flat in one of his races vs Toudou-san. Not to mention Imaizumi's frame cracking? That's the only reason Onoda went for the goal line instead of him. (so can even say Onoda only won because of Imaizumi's bike issues)

Even if Manami is a stronger rider, he still has earned this win. This is where Yamagata's ace came in. If it were just those 2 for the whole episode, it'd def be some cheap writing. But this shows that even despite being against a stronger opponent, WANTING to give up, but refusing to, it put him in a position where he could capitalize on Manami's bike issue.

If he had given up earlier in the episode, then even if Manami's chain popped, Teshima would have still gotten 2nd at best (due to Yamagata having had such a large lead and Teshima would have slowed down after having given up on chasing Manami)

His perseverance is what's going to get him this win (assuming he even gets it). Also the chain didn't just pop off. It popped off while he was shifting. He may have not been keeping track of what gear he was in (if you're in top gear already and try to up shift, or in lowest and try to downshift, or if your pedaling is erratic at the moment you shift, you pop your chain.

We all know Teshima is an ordinary rider. This is a way to reward him for his hard work (going from where he was, keeping up w/ Manami and passing Yamagata high) while also not nerfing Manami or having Teshmia going from someone who couldn't qualify for the interhigh team to someone who can beat the man who got 2nd in the whole damn race last year
Jun 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
Lsw said:

Lelouch0202 said:

Luck is also part of the race.
Jun 19, 2017 8:52 PM

Jul 2010
chain falling off huh.. plot convenience
Jun 19, 2017 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
Jroflcopter said:
chain falling off huh.. plot convenience

Read about 2 posts up lol. I went into that
Jun 19, 2017 9:19 PM
May 2013
What a boring episode but chain problems was okay plot twist.
Jun 19, 2017 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
Ya-Shiro said:
Lelouch0202 said:

wasn't it something like he can sense when the wind is coming and he shifts gears at the correct time to accelerate really well? Can anyone give a more accurate answer?

Ah yes, I think it was something along those lines, thanks man.

Cream_Soda said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

I see what you're saying, but that type of stuff actually happens in racing. The same way Kaburagi's tires went flat and how Maki got a flat in one of his races vs Toudou-san. Not to mention Imaizumi's frame cracking? That's the only reason Onoda went for the goal line instead of him. (so can even say Onoda only won because of Imaizumi's bike issues)

Even if Manami is a stronger rider, he still has earned this win. This is where Yamagata's ace came in. If it were just those 2 for the whole episode, it'd def be some cheap writing. But this shows that even despite being against a stronger opponent, WANTING to give up, but refusing to, it put him in a position where he could capitalize on Manami's bike issue.

If he had given up earlier in the episode, then even if Manami's chain popped, Teshima would have still gotten 2nd at best (due to Yamagata having had such a large lead and Teshima would have slowed down after having given up on chasing Manami)

His perseverance is what's going to get him this win (assuming he even gets it). Also the chain didn't just pop off. It popped off while he was shifting. He may have not been keeping track of what gear he was in (if you're in top gear already and try to up shift, or in lowest and try to downshift, or if your pedaling is erratic at the moment you shift, you pop your chain.

We all know Teshima is an ordinary rider. This is a way to reward him for his hard work (going from where he was, keeping up w/ Manami and passing Yamagata high) while also not nerfing Manami or having Teshmia going from someone who couldn't qualify for the interhigh team to someone who can beat the man who got 2nd in the whole damn race last year

I suppose you're right. Teshima's tenacity and perseverance to never give up and try to win the race despite going against presumably one of the strongest riders in the race is quite admirable and inspiring. The fact that he kept up against and all odds have rewarded him with this situation and I'm definitely happy for him. It's just that I felt for a guy who's worked so hard to keep up, getting the win because he lucked out seems kinda cheap. Remember how he won against Koga where he talks about how there will be a day when the common man beats a genius, the situation here seems kinda counter-intuitive to that since it'd feel like more of a lucked out or a chanced win. Nevertheless you are right, he definitely did earn this victory situation for all his perseverance and of course, issues do occur in a race so I'm not saying that Manami's chain issues were unrealistic or anything and like you say he might have made a mistake while he was shifting as well. Though I do feel kinda bad for Manami as well since I don't think he's won either?

ReaperCreeper said:
Lsw said:

Luck is also part of the race.

True, true.
Jun 19, 2017 10:36 PM

Jan 2013
I've had bad experience with my bike chain coming off when pedaling to hard up hill in 6th gear on a cheap bike. It is pretty jarring and painful. I could see that happening.
I kept waiting for it to cut to Onoda, would be strange if he was a nonfactor.
Jun 19, 2017 11:04 PM

Sep 2015
I really want Teshima to be the one that gets to the finish line! He's really deserves it and I really hope Onoda doesnt show up and save the day not that I hate him or anything. Teshima just needs to shine in his last year of high school!
Jun 20, 2017 6:27 AM
Jun 2017
then why Onoda still going?
Jun 20, 2017 3:52 PM

Apr 2010
I don't like junta , he's a bland character imho.
Also I still don't get why onoda did went for the climbing goal if he was phisically impossibile (1 minute behind)
Jun 20, 2017 10:43 PM
Oct 2007
WTF!! Chain came off on Manami bike ..

It was nice and at the same time, hard to see Teshima ride. Actually the way Teshima pit against Manami in this episode is quite similar to Onoda except they change the way and reason he ride.

I will miss this show again after next week .. ):
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2017 4:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a nice episode, although a little long and we will know who win the mountain in the next episode, and hope Teshima wins!!!!!
Jun 23, 2017 8:37 PM

Oct 2008
Now that's what you call Bad Luck for Manami...how lucky you are Teshima!
This mean Manami has a low quality road racer...of course majority of high school kids don't have the budget to pay for a $2,000 road racer...
4/5.

sakamoto-kun said:

I think MAL information has confirmed the Sequel: Yowamushi Pedal 4 (https://myanimelist.net/anime/35789/Yowamushi_Pedal_4) but no JAP website for actual confirmation.
matias067Jun 23, 2017 8:42 PM

Jun 24, 2017 5:34 AM

Nov 2016
matias067 said:
Now that's what you call Bad Luck for Manami...how lucky you are Teshima!
This mean Manami has a low quality road racer...of course majority of high school kids don't have the budget to pay for a $2,000 road racer...
4/5.

sakamoto-kun said:

I think MAL information has confirmed the Sequel: Yowamushi Pedal 4 (https://myanimelist.net/anime/35789/Yowamushi_Pedal_4) but no JAP website for actual confirmation.

OMG praise the lord, thanks for making me aware of it, now we only have to wait for the confirmation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 29, 2017 9:40 PM

Jan 2015
what happened to Omakes they used to be funny T.T
I think karma hit Manami, he was way too talkative to his opponent, kinda underestimating,undervaluing him. The only reason he was interested in him is because no matter how weak Teshima looked and how bad he is he didnt give up and kept chasing Manami even though he knows he wont win him. That's totally underestimating,undervaluying your opponent so i'm glad that Manami got rekt by chain-God there. and Luck is a part of a race so its not a cheap writing how some people call it. Also remember Kinjou's knee on last Inter high? it was INCREDIBLY unfortunate and it might seem like a weak writing but its road-racing, luck is a factor here and Kinjou even pointed that out.

Izumida too didnt think much of Teshima saying how he probably already dropped out of the race or didnt even sent anyone after Teshima thinking Manami alone more than enough to crush him. That's again underestimating your opponents, you would think that after last inter high where pretty much THE SAME happened they would be more cautious of Sohoku and wont underestimate them still the arrogance wasnt cured. And Izumida was probably one of the most arrogant guys in Hakone, last inter high he didnt think much of his opponents Naruko and Tadokoro which made him lose to them during sprintrace.

Props to Teshima for knowing that if he would go against Manami, Hakone wont sent any of the guys after him. also the way he kept going, one time he almost fell of his saddle. I liked how people started cheering for him cause of his recklessness and how Teshima knows he is weak but he wants that victory. I wonder if Teshima says "am i finally gonna win,im so close to winning" every single time when he is in race? considering he never won in a proper race i guess that's what he's been saying every time. Well finally it seems he's gonna win even though its not entirely his own doing as Manami's chain broke which totally helped Teshima win.
Jul 6, 2017 4:30 PM

Aug 2007
Since this episode's cliffhanger ends with Teshima ahead of Manami whose bike chain just died on him, I bet Manami will still win by next week's episode. Or Sakamichi will catch up and actually win.

I don't know, this anime (and sports anime in general, really) tend to go for split-second reversals. Had Manami been ahead at the end of this episode, his changes would, ironically enough, be considerably lower because anime!logic.

As for the chain issue being weak writing, it makes perfect sense if we consider Manami has been switching gears like a madman for a while. In a sense, this malfunction resulted from Teshima putting some pressure on him so it's not just back luck on Manami's part.
Aug 23, 2017 2:45 AM
Mar 2012
lol never expected Manami feeling sadistic toward summer weed.
Teshima! that underdog stamina really is something. Waking himself after going unconscious.
Sep 15, 2017 7:53 AM

Mar 2015
An excellent penultimate episode, pitting natural-born talent against sheer determination to overcome acknowledged weakness! Plus the derailed chain is such an asspull but meh Hakone fully deserve rotten luck once in a while
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 28, 2021 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
Perhaps a really cheap plot convenience of Manami's chain coming off, but when there is a chance one should grab it so... GO FOR IT TESHIMA!

Nov 4, 2022 10:54 AM
Apr 2021
Te quiero mucho Teshima<3
Dec 3, 2022 7:05 PM

Oct 2015
Teshima, I am the proudest of you. You'll never hear my voice, but I'm calling out your name, too. This is my second time watching you bravely challenging Manami in the mountain there. You got the guts! Again, I am cheering for you even if I know the results already. You lit me on fire! And again, I am proud of you, my boi.
   HuaLian <3
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM
Jul 2023
Manami vs Teshima was easily one of my fav racing moments in the entire series. This was one of Teshima’s greatest moments. The race had less to do with who’d win and it was more about highlighting Teshima’s character and charm as an average guy who is doing his very best and he has earned Manami’s respect. A very intense and enjoyable episode!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

59 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2017

22 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 6:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.