Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 30, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Being a fairy soldier seems to hold quite a responsibility, especially this episode.
Decent buildup for the first half.

What I wonder is if Willem really is to shoulder his responsibility as he seems kinda nervous about what's ahead. Those kids are also so careless sometimes but at least they got a good guardian like Chtholly to look after them.
May 30, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
They are starting to tackle Chtholly's other "problems" in this ep.
Geh the first technician officier -.- he looks as ugly as I expected him to.
Nopth and Rhan ended up in Gomag (Willem's old village); and the Kalyon Lapidem was also found.
Nygglatho finally confessed and was also shot down mercilessly..
The scene with the kids was shown this week, I was hoping they wouldn't skip it and good thing they didn't ^^ they also added in something nice

Looks like it will take two more episodes at least, to cover vol3 (looking at the preview). So I should probably retract what I said about them showing the vol5 at all :(

This week's memory scenes:
http://imgur.com/a/ueYRv

AnathorMay 30, 2017 9:24 AM
May 30, 2017 9:23 AM

Jul 2007
This hurts already but so far they are doing the material and Ctholly's situation justice.

And yeah there's no way they are getting to Vol5 even if they rush the rest like hell.
May 30, 2017 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
I assume that the rest of story will be really painful, because I don't think that her 'health' will get any better. Another 5/5.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 30, 2017 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
Welp, looks like the "slice of life" part is over now.
It's already shown at the beginning how bad her memory loosen even just a little.

She's going to be alright, right?

Right? ;__;
GethemalotMay 30, 2017 9:51 AM
May 30, 2017 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode.

Nygglatho confessed but was shot down. It is nice and sad at the same time that she is prioritising Chtholly's happiness over her own.

There were some nice scenes of Chtholly and Willem together.

Chtholly managed to save Almita. That was close.

May 30, 2017 9:59 AM

Oct 2012
So vol.3 will finish in ep 10 probably. I have a feeling they might cut most of vol.4 and rush through the rest til the end, just to have a conclusion to the story somehow?

Kutori's hair, eyes, and wings have become red. Episode name has become red. Everything is turning red and the instrumental version of Always in My Heart is getting sadder every episode. The rest's gonna hurt.
May 30, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
Surprisingly good episode in terms of pacing and with that I can now rest a bit assured that they won't rush the important parts of this volume to reach vol.5 by the end.

I have to say that despite the many nice scenes between Willem and Chtholly in this episode, two other scenes in particular were really enjoyable for me. The first one was ofc that nonchalant confession of Nygglatho, since it was nice to see her true feelings regarding Willem and her consideration towards Chtholly's feelings and Willem's situation. The other was the meeting with the 1st-grade technical officer since the comedy was on point. I really laughed at its face when he thought that Chtholly was Willem's lover.

Going back to the Chtholly scenes, the most important one was on point and so was the new instrumental version of "that" song. The consequences of the encroachment process were also handled well. I am looking forward to the inevitable drama upcoming...
KaitonMay 30, 2017 10:09 AM

May 30, 2017 10:00 AM
Aug 2009
Is it me or does it seem like Chtholly's memories are being lost as if being replaced by her "original" soul?

She's forgotten so much already it seems. Her and Willem's first meeting, which one was the pepper, and even Almita's name...
May 30, 2017 10:14 AM

Jun 2015
Chtholly is getting worse. Her hair is getting more red. She had a nice time with Willem. Chtholly saving Almita was a close one. Nygglatho confessed but got shot down.
May 30, 2017 10:23 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

I don't like the technician officer. xD

Lot of really sweet interaction between Willen and Chtholly and I loved them.
Nygglathi's little confession was also nice.

That ending though, Chtholly's mental disintegration is hard too watch. :(
I really hope that weapon can save her.
May 30, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2014
This episode took a while to really get going, but once it did it started to get very interesting and also very ominous for Chtholly; firstly forgetting trivial things like where the pepper is and apparently forgetting her first meeting with Willem as well, not to mention forgetting Almita's name and then her hair going even more red in the bath. I honestly can't see how it can end well for her, but hopefully Willem can make things as good for her as possible, or that Dug Sword on the surface can save her somehow.

Also, Chtholly's comment about how Willem is barely older than Nephren makes me wonder: if we ignore the fact that he was petrified for 500 years, how old is he supposed to be? I'd have guessed around 25 or so, but it's not exactly easy to tell, all things considered.
May 30, 2017 10:36 AM

Feb 2011
Atavistic said:
This episode took a while to really get going, but once it did it started to get very interesting and also very ominous for Chtholly; firstly forgetting trivial things like where the pepper is and apparently forgetting her first meeting with Willem as well, not to mention forgetting Almita's name and then her hair going even more red in the bath. I honestly can't see how it can end well for her, but hopefully Willem can make things as good for her as possible, or that Dug Sword on the surface can save her somehow.

Also, Chtholly's comment about how Willem is barely older than Nephren makes me wonder: if we ignore the fact that he was petrified for 500 years, how old is he supposed to be? I'd have guessed around 25 or so, but it's not exactly easy to tell, all things considered.

I think I read that he is 18.
May 30, 2017 10:41 AM
Apr 2017
It was a great episode yet again, that version of always in my heart gave me chills damn!
May 30, 2017 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
Willem what a savage turning down Nygglatho like that for the one true waifu.
Really a sweet episode which moved Chtholly and Willem forward. However, there's lots of things taking place beneath the surface. I remember reading the last scene in the novel, and it felt like reading a horror novel. Glad they nailed that. Ending of volume 3 is approaching, but I don't want it to. Only thing they missed is Chtholly and Ithea conversation (hope we'll see it next episode). If i can criticize this adaptation for something, it'd be the lack in adapting Ithea-Chtholly moments, but it's still decent overall.
May 30, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2015
Uh oh first date memory already gone? ugh i am not ready *remembering ep1*
Nygglatho really see Willen as a man was shock

So Willen was too woried not realize Chtholly's change
More red hair its like blood at first

Fai said:
This hurts already but so far they are doing the material and Ctholly's situation justice.

And yeah there's no way they are getting to Vol5 even if they rush the rest like hell.

Don't say that they can squeeze everything into 1 episode if they want and make this into worse anime this season
ZBlastHistoryMay 30, 2017 10:50 AM
Into the Internet!
May 30, 2017 10:51 AM
Jan 2016
So I guess the sweet and happy slice of life scenes are going to be less and less frequent from now on and we're entering the drama territory, huh?
May 30, 2017 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Cthulhu, she's suffering from Alzheimer already.

A very, very, very minor nitpick, but I wish Chtholly's hair would have been of a more natural color (blonde, brown, black...) if they were going to make her hair red at the end. Feels off (imo) they gave her hair an exotic color like blue is just to change it.
May 30, 2017 11:15 AM
Jan 2017
The series continues its foreshadowed journey towards poignancy with this episode. Chtholly's body continues changing and Willem and his friends are at a loss as to what to do with this. Willem has found the opportunity to fix this mess but it's a long shot. Still, it's good to see some moments of levity and warmth to make viewers care for the characters.
May 30, 2017 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
Willem about to go to the rescue scene to get a sword for Chtolly who is losing her memories but an accident forces her to use her powers and elq takes even more control now :'(
May 30, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2016
wileim seriously need to stop being dramatic and crying all the time
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 30, 2017 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
I really do love the 'Always in your heart' song, even without the singing it's such a strong song.

It was really nice to see how much more assertive and open Chtolly has become about her liking Willem. Can't help but see her forgetting Willem sooner or later at this rate.

May 30, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2015
So she starts to forget her current memories. And also starting to remember her past life? Elq? Mental disintegration is sad to watch. Hope they get the sword soon.
May 30, 2017 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
Wilhelm will visit his birthplace during the next mission, I'm kinda looking forward to that.

Other than that, this episode was almost solely focussing on Wilhelms and Chthollys relationship and the developing disease of the latter one . It had some cute moments and I enjoyed it overall.

But I dunno why Chtholly had to steal Wilhelm the show, when it came to saving Almita , the whole situation was just another catalyst for unnessecary drama and worsening her illness. I'm hoping for a happy end, but after so much build up it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2017 12:56 PM

Oct 2014
GangsterCat said:

So stop being a good character, then?
May 30, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2016
AsuraDestructor said:
GangsterCat said:

sorry mate, good =/= overdramatic drama queen who always cry
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 30, 2017 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Can already sense the drama that is beginning to unfold.
Chtholly beginning to lose her memories and her sense of self with every passing day. Willeim actually knowing about it and treating her with the utmost care, going out of his way to cater to her whims. Yet despite all that, one misstep by one of the little ones and she's now being put back into the line of danger here, needlessly expending the powers that will exacerbate her mental deterioration.

Everything bar the ending had been so chill and so sweet, you just knew that they' toss something in to ripple the pond.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 30, 2017 1:13 PM

Mar 2016
sakamoto-kun said:

But I dunno why Chtholly had to steal Wilhelm the show, when it came to saving Almita , the whole situation was just another catalyst for unnessecary drama and worsening her illness. I'm hoping for a happy end, but after so much build up it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

She did it not only for Almita but also since she was looking out for willem. She said in the dialogue "you're the one to talk with that wreck of a body". Idk if the anime could have shown it better. But almita was only fraction of seconds from hitting the ground and the distance was a bit longer so his dash technique wouldn't suffice (at least that's how the novel explained it) and so he'd have to use Venenum which would strain his wrecked body.
May 30, 2017 1:13 PM
Jun 2016
Hmm....interesting episode

Looks like Ctholly and Nygglatho have essentially declared they love Wilhelm.

(Well Nygglatho can just eat the competiton...so I'll say she has the advantage)

Moving on...looks like Ctholly's mysterious past is being revealled. As is Wilhelm's.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
May 30, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
sakamoto-kun said:

Both Ctholly and Willem had exact same thought about each other in that moment - "this idiot is gonna keel over straining himself/herself so I should do it"
May 30, 2017 1:24 PM

Feb 2016
AsuraDestructor said:
GangsterCat said:

Don't mind GansterCat, he always says nonsensical stuff, I mean, check his list, he only has hentai, is understandable why he says stupid things like that lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 30, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2016
welp, I can't shake the feeling that something terrible is about to transpire...

Please Chtolly Hold it together until Wilhem gets that sword (I like her hair like that, red and blue, looks nice)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 30, 2017 1:28 PM

Dec 2015
I love how they've gotten all couply with each other, I like that they don't act like hopeless tsunderes with each other and are actually open with their feelings.

Her hair is turning more and more red :O
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 30, 2017 1:43 PM

Nov 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:

She did it not only for Almita but also since she was looking out for willem. She said in the dialogue "you're the one to talk with that wreck of a body". Idk if the anime could have shown it better. But almita was only fraction of seconds from hitting the ground and the distance was a bit longer so his dash technique wouldn't suffice (at least that's how the novel explained it) and so he'd have to use Venenum which would strain his wrecked body.

Fai said:
Both Ctholly and Willem had exact same thought about each other in that moment - "this idiot is gonna keel over straining himself/herself so I should do it"

That Wilhelm wouldn't have made it, is plausible for me, especially if it was mentioned in the novel. But the whole situation wasn't to my liking and seemed kinda weird to begin with . Would've prefered it, if they had shown the worsening of Chthollys condition in a more subtle way. But thanks for your explaination.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2017 2:01 PM

May 2015
Damn, Chtholly's health and situation is slowly getting worse by the minute. This is going to be a real painful watch....

Also, I didn't expect Nygglatho to openly confess like that, lol.

Great episode.

May 30, 2017 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
sakamoto-kun said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Fai said:

That Wilhelm wouldn't have made it, is plausible for me, especially if it was mentioned in the novel. But the whole situation wasn't to my liking and seemed kinda weird to begin with . Would've prefered it, if they had shown the worsening of Chthollys condition in a more subtle way. But thanks for your explaination.

They actually show it with 5 things before that bathroom scene. Forgetting the pepper, forgetting the first time meeting him, forgetting Armita's name, her eyes turning slightly red and her wings being red.
May 30, 2017 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
Zefyris said:
sakamoto-kun said:

They actually show it with 5 things before that bathroom scene. Forgetting the pepper, forgetting the first time meeting him, forgetting Armita's name, her eyes turning slightly red and her wings being red.

Yeah, but this last trigger wouldn't have been necessary, this was basically the most impactful scene in this episode. I just said that I would've prefered it in a different way, more like they left it at those little hints.
FMmatronMay 30, 2017 2:13 PM

May 30, 2017 2:23 PM

Jan 2017
Great episode as always. So Willem now has openly admitted to keep Chtolly at arms length? Well, I wonder how that works after he's gotten hysterical for the second time with her saving the little one. I love how he likes to play the cool and sarcastic guy, but fails whenever Chtolly is around him. this makes him so much more relatable.
May 30, 2017 2:31 PM

Oct 2014

welp, it's confirmed, boyz and grillz, it's us, aka MAL, that will lead to world's destruction
May 30, 2017 2:35 PM
Nov 2016
Hmm...light novel readers, is it safe to assume that troll lady is already waifu of 2017?
May 30, 2017 2:36 PM

Jan 2016
These next few weeks are gonna hurt, feels incoming
May 30, 2017 2:38 PM
Nov 2016
Paul said:
I really do love the 'Always in your heart' song, even without the singing it's such a strong song.

It was really nice to see how much more assertive and open Chtolly has become about her liking Willem. Can't help but see her forgetting Willem sooner or later at this rate.

I love how for ONCE there's an anime where the main girl is so open to her feelings towards the main guy, while not being sexualized. No BS tsundere, or, "do I really feel this way", no, girl wants the D, she comin after that D
May 30, 2017 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
Oh, God... I wish they'd just kiss and swear eternal love to each other. Before it's too late...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 4:45 PM

Oct 2012
Ugh, making me feel giddy at times with these small interactions, but then making me remember that pain is coming.

Nephren is still hella cute, still wishing I could see more Pannibal, and Chtholly was pretty much perfect this ep for me.
I feel for Nygglatho but I am of the opinion that Willem x Chtholly needs to happen if only to give her happiness before I start crying

Looks like Ithea will comfort Chtholly next ep?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 30, 2017 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder how great Chtholly's potential for waifu, in addition to the best girl of the anime, is also the best girl of the season in my opinion, even among various anime, actually I think it's the best of the year so far ..

And the novel predominated in this episode, the characters were also quite sincere, I like developments like this, although it seems that very bad things can occur from now on, I'm looking forward to the development of the anime ..
May 30, 2017 6:08 PM

Feb 2017
For those who have read forward, please put a spoiler of what happens to Ctholly please (in tags of course)
May 30, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2016
Lots of great moments involving Willem & Chtholly again.

Looks like Willem gets to go back to his home village.

I think he might need that sword sooner rather than later, Chtholly turning more red has me really worried.

Damn that child, Willem & Chtholly were having a special moment with those shooting starts until you got into that accident.

I could listen to the soundtrack/ost for this everyday, it's beautiful and fits this show perfectly.
May 30, 2017 9:54 PM

Mar 2016
Really sweet episode seeing Chtholly and Willem together just enjoying each others company. Their relationship is really starting to form and they really do make a great couple. The end of the episode was intense with the girl in the mirror with the red hair and I hope we start to explore what's going on with Chtholly more in the next few episodes.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 30, 2017 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
Chtholly forgot about the pepper, then about what happened in the first episode, then Almita's name. She's losing her memory! NO! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! What did that mean though, the second time it showed her look for the pepper she remembered?

So Lepidemsibilus (sorry if I spelled that wrong) can save her! :D

May 30, 2017 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
Slowly losing your memories is quite sad.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

85 by toralbabs »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.