Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally new content...
'
Katalina's rather amusing when she's around cute creatures. I'm kinda underwhelmed by the first half of this episode but second half made it up with the return of the action. The journey takes them to Star Island despite being a rocky landing.

Well I think the episode was okay. It opened up more creative ideas to this world. Cliffhanger...D:
Apr 15, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2010
It was a long wait but worth it.
Nice episode with lot's of information and some characters from the game, not that i played it tho.
Anyway since the two episodes of a few months ago where nice i have been looking forward to this.
They found their ship and someone to pilot it but things aren't going their ways from the looks of things.
Apr 15, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
Finally a new episode and a good one at that.

Really liking Rackam so far, I hope he joins the party. xD
Wonder who the two characters who showed up at Rackam's place are. :o

That general guy got what was coming to him, nice job Rackam.

I'm also super happy to hear the Bump of Chicken OP again. xD
Apr 15, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, that mercenary girl has some nice boobs. Rackam is a cool guy, I already like him.
Apr 15, 2017 12:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This town reminded me of Lindblum is Final Fantasy IX. With all the airships and how the town is structured. Also the various shops you encounter here.

Rackam is the first ally i'd assume, he's cool.
Apr 15, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
It's been a long wait, but worth it. Rackam is a cool guy. I hope he joins the party. He can be very useful. I wonder who were the two people that showed up at Rackam's shop. The midget general got what he deserved.
Apr 15, 2017 12:23 PM

Dec 2015
Was a bit better. I dropped Tales of Zestiria cause those RPG plots usually are a bit boring (might work as game with gameplay but boring if you only can watch it). And there I did not like the chars.

Here that dragon/lizard is a bit annoying. But he did not have that much screen time. (Too bad they didn't take the cat from the shop and leave the lizard there. :D )

Since Rackam is a nice char (as well as his ranged fighting style) and the show has a pacing which is not that bad (pursuers already on the island instead of the show wasting time with stuff that feels like "side quests") it got a bit more enjoyable with this episode.

Watching 4 next week and after 4 deciding if I should drop (lots of other fantasy this season) or watch it completely.
Apr 15, 2017 12:23 PM

Nov 2011
i do miss listening to the op and ed.
Cant wait for Rosetta to show up.
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 15, 2017 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
Some differences from the game, mostly the characters showing up before they need to.
Racksam looks cool and that midget general xD
Apr 15, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2010
Yes bestest ossan is here and no one needs to worry now. I am satisfied with this show. Also please kill Furias next episodes or burn him up or something. Wait that's the same as killing him. Oh well, I hate him anyway.
Apr 15, 2017 1:58 PM
Mar 2016
so far
if Sakura Quest got the best Ending
Granblue Fantasy got the best Opening
bump of chicken always awesome

not bad for Game Adapted Anime
their manage plot speed with good speed isnt rushed one
and finally we got Onna Kishi with Proper Armour (even her armour isnt relevant)
NdanHMApr 15, 2017 2:01 PM
Apr 15, 2017 2:22 PM

Apr 2012
omg more rose girl please

also can't get enough of the characters art
Apr 15, 2017 2:50 PM

Apr 2010
Felt very short but nice.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 15, 2017 2:54 PM
Mar 2013
dropped cant stand to this mediocre anime anymore
Apr 15, 2017 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
I love the vibe from this show the characters and the "world" and dam that ending is so beautifull, great episode and finally is back cant wait for more! :D
Apr 15, 2017 3:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Finally a new episode and a good one at that.

Really liking Rackam so far, I hope he joins the party. xD
Wonder who the two characters who showed up at Rackam's place are. :o

That general guy got what was coming to him, nice job Rackam.

I'm also super happy to hear the Bump of Chicken OP again. xD
Seconded on everything

Rackam left a HUGE impression on me so I think I'm gonna end up liking him the most in this series
Apr 15, 2017 3:57 PM

Sep 2014
Oh nice after a not-so-long-wait new episode. Kinda hype for the appearance of that first boss.
Apr 15, 2017 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
More katalina, when?

Apr 15, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2015
About time we get a new episode. Can't say I liked it as much as the previous episodes, but it was decent.

Apr 15, 2017 5:21 PM

Dec 2016
Nice to see this back again, I enjoyed the other episodes.

If I see a cat, I can't help but give it attention just like Katalina.

Rackam looks like he will be a good companion.

This is a nice looking ship he is trying to fix.
Apr 15, 2017 6:12 PM

Jun 2010
This episode is looking up. Glad we're finally getting out of Cliche Fantasy Opening territory, as fun as that was in it's own way.

TragicRomance said:
Yes bestest ossan is here and no one needs to worry now. I am satisfied with this show. Also please kill Furias next episodes or burn him up or something. Wait that's the same as killing him. Oh well, I hate him anyway.

I've got some bad news for you: Furias is a recurring villain throughout the games story so far. He won't be dying any time soon. :P.
Apr 15, 2017 9:58 PM
Nov 2015
katalina being katalina we know in the game, funny as always XD
Apr 16, 2017 1:05 AM
Jan 2014
UltimusInfinitumApr 16, 2017 7:07 AM
Apr 16, 2017 1:11 AM

Jun 2013
Katalina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 16, 2017 3:02 AM

Oct 2012
IheartC2 said:
i do miss listening to the op and ed.
Cant wait for Rosetta to show up.
Indeed, the OP sounds nice and the ED is fantastic for me
Rosetta will be nice, but I'm more excited for the place where they will encounter her. I can't wait to hear Lumacee Archipelago -Mysterious Forest-
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 16, 2017 4:59 AM

Apr 2016
Looks like this will be one of the better "RPG" anime (for now), and OP, ED is good too.

+ Katalina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 16, 2017 5:05 AM

Dec 2016
Loving Granblue so far. Looking forward for more Rackam in next week's episode!

Also, Katalina is <3
Apr 16, 2017 5:45 AM

May 2010
neonie said:
This episode is looking up. Glad we're finally getting out of Cliche Fantasy Opening territory, as fun as that was in it's own way.

TragicRomance said:

I've got some bad news for you: Furias is a recurring villain throughout the games story so far. He won't be dying any time soon. :P.

God. Well, as long as he doesn't succeed in stuff like. what he was trying to do in this episode. I hope he's just a comical villain then...
Apr 16, 2017 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
The series, while pleasing me, however, has the elements that I do not entirely convincing. I confirm that I love the opening, not the ending too, but does not attract me even narration. The drawings are cute, but they should be much more refined to stand out more. I continue to watch the series but I am hesitant about whether I really like it.

ScarRufus said:
More katalina, when?

See the hidden side of the character of Katalina, he amazed me.

Apr 16, 2017 8:04 AM

Dec 2011
A long wait, but it's a good one.

Rackam finally getting properly introduced, and I think someone at A1

Sturm and Drang! Quite an introduction of those two here, I like it. Although I'm a bit sad

So far, the pacing is quite decent. Looking forward for the next one.
Apr 16, 2017 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
Oh man, this is so beautiful. Objectively, this anime has nothing to offer. Subjectively, that Final Fantasy vibe is more than enough. It's already my top 1 this season.

Regarding technical stuff etc, everything's just perfect. Visuals kick ass, voice actors are amazing (nice choices here btw), and that Bump of Chicken OP being Bump of Chicken OP.

Highly recommended!
Apr 16, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2011
This show is a real joy to watch, I must say. First two episodes were great and this one is even better. Rackam is awesome :D
Apr 16, 2017 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
The show is honestly pretty bland I wont deny, but this FFXII like world and psone rpg atmosphere the show has really does make it a relaxing watch. I'm not expecting anything much from the story but it still seems like it will be an entertaining watch. I also adore the art style aka how the line work is done with the rough edges that take me back to pre digital coloring of anime.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 16, 2017 5:10 PM

Dec 2013
JizzyHitler said:
The show is honestly pretty bland I wont deny, but this FFXII like world and psone rpg atmosphere the show has really does make it a relaxing watch. I'm not expecting anything much from the story but it still seems like it will be an entertaining watch. I also adore the art style aka how the line work is done with the rough edges that take me back to pre digital coloring of anime.

Pretty much this. ^^
So Bad Yet So Good
Apr 16, 2017 5:13 PM

Oct 2008
Rackam is the upcoming new addition to the group!
lolz...don't mess with fire in-front of his badass design looking airship!
3/5.

Apr 16, 2017 6:22 PM

Aug 2012
Really loving this show so far. I feel like they did a really good job at hooking in the new viewers like me who have never touched the source material. Strong start with the first 2 episodes, and strong momentum throughout this episode.

I can see why people can get turned off though. It's extremely generic. Nearly everyone's already been exposed the "farmer boy goes on adventure and fights the big bad empire" story in some way. However, if you can get past that, you will find that the execution is great. It's easy to get immersed.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 16, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
UltimusInfinitum said:

noticed that too i was like this is not the Kat i remember! V KUN!~

Having gotten SSR Strum earlier this month i'm okay with her being one of the early characters to show up ,i just hope we get a fair amount of cameos since everyone they showed in the OP beisdes one person has appeared.

with both Bahamut and GB airing and crygame's got all that money it's only a matter of time till a shadowverse anime right.
Apr 16, 2017 8:09 PM

Sep 2011
Kamiyan3991 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Pretty much this. ^^
So Bad Yet So Good
not really bad, more just alright with a bit of charm

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 16, 2017 11:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new member joined to the "!adventurers", although this man is the older of all them!!! xD
Apr 17, 2017 4:03 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Best episode yet. Despite the characters and plot being lackluster, especially the characters; this episode made me realize that this is an entertaining watch.

It has excellent music, art, animation, the line work is great, and I love the setting this show has. It's this fantasy world where old meets new and is accompanied by some more fantastical elements. The open blue skies, the rolling green hills, and the European style towns make this show incredibly pleasant to the eyes.

I'll continue to watch with fingers crossed that both the characters and the plot improve.

Katalina though is a stand out, she's adorable when she pets things. Also Sturm best girl. So glad we saw her this early in the show.
Apr 17, 2017 6:30 AM

Sep 2014
Great to see the show is back!
Oh god, Katalina from the Vyrn event is back xD
Sturm is bae <3 good to see her early.

Furias ughh, glad I'm done with that midget in the game lol.
Badass Rackam at the end /o/

alcrowry said:

Sturm and Drang! Quite an introduction of those two here, I like it. Although I'm a bit sad

I feel you man ;-;
nerfxApr 17, 2017 6:34 AM
Apr 17, 2017 9:11 AM

Nov 2013
i like the ending song

also katalina is awesome =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 17, 2017 10:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well it seems that their hard takeoff wasn't without problems lol
Well at least they manage to land safely but it looks like their airship is totaled
Lol looks like Katalina wasn't much of a pilot i guess and that she didn't know much about the flyer that she was piloting lol.
Hmm a town thats built upwards eh
A very advanced town judging from the building style and the town's layout as well not to mention the number of airships that fly its skies. Hmm so this island is opposing the rule of the empire eh. But given its role to the economy of this world i doubt the empire would want to attack it and cause the economy to shatter. And Gran and Lyria get to get new equipment as well. Lol so Katalina's weakness is furry and cute animals eh.
Lol Katalina chasing Vyrm though as she tries to pet it. A journal will be great for Lyria as she still needs to learn to write and understand language as well.
Hmm that statue has a marked resemblance to Lyria actually.
But with advances made in technology i guess praying to gods for fair weather is no longer done sadly. Its always nice to see people pay their respects to the local gods and dearies though.
Hmm i guess that there are no passenger flights that they can take then.
The airships certainly are pretty big though.
Piloting an airship is like sailing a ship in that you need to know your ship inside out and also be able to read the weather as well.

Lol Gran isn't giving the guy the opportunity for the guy to get away
hmm so Rackam salvaged the airship that Katalina crashed and is trying to fix it eh
Rackam seems to be one hell of a mechanic though.
Hmm lol two strangers showing up and telling you that they have a extra airship that they want you to take off them. Suspicious lol.
Told you those guys were imperials from the empire.
So in addition to being pursued by these two there also seems to be a third party thats watching them as well. One that saved Gran from a early death it seems.
Thank god for tunnels lol
Being brave is one thing but bravery is different from recklessness.
There's a time and place for everything.
They really need to get of here before the agents find them again
Hmm wow Siero is just a kid but she owns a shop lol
Ah right Siero is a harvin that stays short even as adults eh lol
Hmm so Siero is selling a used airship then eh interesting

Hmm well Rackam is a skilled helmsman and he knows ships as well
But throwing money at him probably won't move him since he's obsesses with that shipwreck
Maybe helping him with that wreck will help both parties
Well since Katalina never met Rackam she wouldn't know his personality like Gran and Lyria does. Hmm well a airship with a dragon head on its bow. Doesn't look like a wreck at all really. The ship certainly looks nice though. Lol that empire general sure is rather comical looking. But no less ruthless it seems. So he plans to destroy this island eh. Excessive really. All to force out Gran and the others eh. Though i guess you never expected Rackam to intervene eh. Hopefully thats the last of that general lol.
Hmm interesting episode and we start to see some of the threats that Gran and the others face as they go on their journey. Rackam looks to be a pretty interesting character though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2014
Rackam is a great new edition to the team.

Katalina has an adorable side... Her weakness is the same as mine.
Apr 20, 2017 2:11 AM

Apr 2011
Goddam, Katalina is so damn sexy.

Smudy said:
This town reminded me of Lindblum is Final Fantasy IX. With all the airships and how the town is structured. Also the various shops you encounter here.

Well, it is done by the same guy, after all. Didn't really feel that way to me, though that's likely because I last played FFIX well over 3 years ago.
Apr 21, 2017 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
Katalina likes cute animals! So cute!
Apr 23, 2017 2:31 AM

Jul 2008
SANJI~KUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to say that, yeah Rackam is definitely a favorite now.
Apr 23, 2017 11:47 AM

Apr 2009
Katalina-chwan!!!

Rackam is an awesome character so far and his voice actor doesn't hurt either. I figured he'd reappear but I'm glad it was so soon. Even his airship looks cool.

After not really caring for the other episodes this is the first one I like and actually thought it was very good. Every new character was interesting and entertaining, had some funny moments, the action was brief but well done, I liked the setting. The diminutive bloodthirsty general was amusing.

I've still got my expectations low overall for the show, but this episode was quite good so maybe it'll turn out alright.
Apr 23, 2017 5:06 PM

Jun 2013
Another excellent episode if i do say so myself!
Apr 26, 2017 7:37 AM
Mar 2012
The handshaker dragonheart show returns, with another annoying villain.
Pls more adventure, the worldbuilding & fun atmosphere, less the 1D evils.
That rosegirl seems interesting, potential yandere fun.
It's bland enough, hope mc not go like Sorey.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

104 by aimso1 »»
May 19, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

54 by Fate_warrior95 »»
Apr 20, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisOrion »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pipe - Jun 24, 2017

195 by Nihilna »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.