Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like the episode continues from where it left off with the group still trying to resolve this duke problem while that little girl tries to save her master.

Action wise, I think the episode was alright as we get to see some high level attacks.
Glad to see the girl reunite with her master though.
May 13, 2017 9:37 AM

Apr 2010
Well the obvious has happened Io joined the crew.
And with the group getting larger the adventure should become more interesting.
Anyway they managed to save the day even if they ran into some trouble along the way.
May 13, 2017 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
There's still that woman and old guy from the opening and ending themes left to join the crew I guess. Wondering which one'll come next hmm.

But so far it seems it'll take until S2 or futher until they can even dream of reaching their final destination and meeting daddy person. So this'll be like One Piece until then lol

May 13, 2017 10:23 AM

Dec 2014
The archduke was saved and at the very end Colussus was able to understand and act on the archduke's true wish of protecting people and making them smile. :)

We also got a new piece of the Sky map and now we're off to the next island, an ocean island nonetheless. This should be fun

They sure are taking their time with exploring one island after the other, definitely not a bad thing though. Hopefully we'll find Raftel someday. :)
May 13, 2017 10:36 AM

Jun 2015
The action was pretty good. The archduke and Ao got saved by Colussus. It understood its duty. Got to know more about Ao. She's part of the group now. She wants to a great mage like her master. They also got a new piece of the Sky map.
May 13, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
It was okay, Io gets though to her master and Lyria being a power battery giving out boosts :)
May 13, 2017 12:38 PM

Jun 2009
The fight with colossus was a bit of a let down for me I wish there was more to it than that.
Looking forward to Auguste Isles though.

skyUFO said:
But so far it seems it'll take until S2 or futher until they can even dream of reaching their final destination and meeting daddy person. So this'll be like One Piece until then lol

To be honest even the story in the game itself hasn't gone that far yet. So you're pretty much on spot about that.
May 13, 2017 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
Huh.... didn't expect that they'd finish the Valtz Duchy in this episode.

The fight was a bit short, but it was okay.
May 13, 2017 2:04 PM

Dec 2014
*Loli magician joined the party*
The fight was actually quite good; after last ep I was afraid that Gran already became too op, instead this week they brushed aside those worries. I'm liking this more and more, not to mention that ED <3
May 13, 2017 2:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Io's story and relationship with the Archduke + the ending was really heartwarming :'') I'm very happy that they decided to let her join the crew because she's just adorable and deserves to be happy

And her goal in life is just too sweet :'')
May 13, 2017 4:53 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really liked the backstory of Io and how she met his master. Really got to me.

New crew member get!! I really love this stuff, i always did in Final Fantasy.

Also i only now notice that Rackam is fucking Irvine copy paste from FF VIII. And it's amazing xD
May 13, 2017 4:59 PM

Mar 2014
i cant express how much i love the art direction in this anime. everything is just so aesthetically pleasing and the show as a whole reminds me of magi. totally a classical fantasy adventure story.
i also cant wait for the auguste isles; that preview from the skymap was beautiful.
May 13, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2015
One of the better episodes. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and it looks like they have another partner to travel with now~

May 13, 2017 6:24 PM
Jan 2014

UltimusInfinitumMay 13, 2017 10:44 PM
May 14, 2017 1:52 AM

Mar 2012
I don't know why but this episode felt awkward to me. Io's voice and character felt annoying. The Archduke felt like a joke. Lack luster fight scenes; they fought but I can't feel the action nor the excitement.
May 14, 2017 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
This anime series, continues to have some interesting and other unfavorable aspects. The part about fighting is well done and is addictive, but other situations in the narration are somewhat disappointing because they are somewhat discounted. The CG used for giant armor was very good.
May 14, 2017 8:04 AM

Aug 2008
dzn018 said:
Io's voice and character felt annoying.
To be honest, this one is a huge improvement over how she sounds and acts in the game.

I'm surprised I'm still following this series. After some really horrible game based turds like KC or SnB (because of off putting MC) I just couldn't imagine it can be something possible to watch. Art is taking some getting used to since sometimes it looks really cheap. Writing is not as bad as I expected but maybe that's because I'm playing the game and have seen how atrociously bad it can be.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 14, 2017 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Haha, an old master, who says to a little girl "Do you wanna see more magic? Come with me" felt maaaybe little bit wrong. XD Her voice is annoying.

Like the anime, it's so cute. x3 Altough it feels a little bit shallow and generic, don't know. You got the feeling of "I know this and have seen this for hundred times", but it's very cute with a lovely looking art style. ^^
May 14, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2017
What I think will end up happening is season 1 will be almost all introductions, and we will most likely not see much besides that until season 2, if there even ends up being one. The 4 enemies (The supreme advisor, red crystal lyria w/e her name is, and the 2 knights) are probably the only "enemies" we will see in the remaining 7 episodes, although I guess some of the other 7 knights from the empire could be introduced. It makes sense that with only 7 episodes left, they most likely won't make any progress towards the Island of the Astrals other than the sky map pieces which will only lead to introductions for the last 2 people who haven't been introduced yet. I don't think that's necessarily bad, and this is all just speculation anyways.
Silver-bakaMay 14, 2017 7:03 PM
May 14, 2017 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
Silver-baka said:
What I think will end up happening is season 1 will be almost all introductions, and we will most likely not see much besides that until season 2, if there even ends up being one. The 4 enemies (The supreme advisor, red crystal lyria w/e her name is, and the 2 knights) are probably the only "enemies" we will see in the remaining 5 episodes, although I guess some of the other 7 knights from the empire could be introduced. It makes sense that with only 5 episodes left, they most likely won't make any progress towards the Island of the Astrals other than the sky map pieces which will only lead to introductions for the last 2 people who haven't been introduced yet. I don't think that's necessarily bad, and this is all just speculation anyways.

*7 episodes
**7 episodes
May 14, 2017 7:02 PM

May 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
Silver-baka said:

*7 episodes
**7 episodes

Oops my b, I knew there were 14 episodes, but since the first 2 were released a few months ahead of time, I thought 12, but then realized I had included those first 2 when I did 12-7
May 14, 2017 11:35 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The mistery/problem is resolve, and the young Mahou IO joined to the expedition to find the Gran father!!!

Nice fight with the Ancestral "Robot", although this saves the lifes of both, master and novice!!!

Next destiny a city rounded by sea, The archipelago **** (i dont remenber the name xD)
May 15, 2017 1:13 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't like the OST as much this episode eh..
Welp Colossus went down easier than I thought it would.
Loli joins the party nice!
Hope Auguste is goning to be better.
May 15, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
Io also joined the fray!
That Colossus looks like the big statues that moved on the movie FF: KingsGlaive!
3/5.

May 15, 2017 9:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm after last weeks revelation that Io's master is now an enemy
this week they really have to face him then. Io really admires her master and respects him as well. So having to face him in battle must be hard for her. Maybe Io's master is being controlled somehow though. Still its nice seeing Lyria display her concern with Io though. Lyria's personality is the kind type after all. Its nice that Io managed to cheer up because of Lyria's words though. Hmm Katalina has a point though. If this factory is not active anymore then there should be no need to guard it. Meaning that there's bound to be something here that can links the duke. Hmm for a factory to have such a underground area though. Having Lyria bring out Io's personality is a nice thing to see though. Io's master the archduke does seem like a child when she describes him this way. Kinda a bit like a typical mage or scientist i guess. When they find something new they will work at it relentlessly even forgetting to eat. The duke really sounds like a simple guy though. Io is very loyal to her master eh.

Hmm the underground buildings look much different than the ones on the surface. Maybe the one's on the surface was the disguise while these ones were the real deal. Hmm and i thought that the armored unit that they fought first was large. The one that they found deeper in was much larger and menacing. Hmm it does look like the duke is being controlled somehow. Yea it looks like he's set on protecting his research and not accepting anything else entirely. So this is why Lyria and the others were directed towards that location. The duke was targeting Lyria after all. So he wants Lyria to activate that iron giant eh. Hmm given that the knight's faction also has someone with Lyria's abilities they can activate the iron giant as well. Hmm so to bring the duke back to his senses they have to deal with this giant then eh. Its not going to be an easy fight thats for sure. Hmm so Katalina can use sword techniques eh. I thought that she was just a mere swords woman lol. Now will be a good time to use Lyria's magic to allow Gran to use his special powers then. Hmm so Io is proficient in Ice magic eh. Hmm Lyria's magic really is powerful though but only in supporting others. Still with allies the party can hit several times higher with their damage output. Enhancement magic eh. With this they may have a chance at victory here. Still Colossus isn't going down without a fight. So its Io's ice spell vs its lava spell eh. With Lyria's magic Io can easily deal with the guy and then some lol.

Now Io needs to deal with his master thats caused all this. Its nice that Io was finally able to get through to the duke though. You can see that they are pretty close though. I like how the episode also allowed us to look into Io's backstory as well. So her parents died in a epidemic then eh how sad. An old man with a scary face lol. So that was how they met. That would explain why Io is so close to his master. She seems him as a parent figure then eh. Compared to Io Lyria is worst because she has no idea where she's from. Lol a flower appearing in the hand is a very basic magic spell but still effective in cheering up people. Hmm well with the empire slowly expanding their territory people will be worried about their safety and as a result the number of people smiling would decrease. So someone came and gave the duke a source of power while also planting thoughts in his mind to create that giant eh. Hmm so in the end Colossus protected Io and her master and on death was absorbed by Lyria's power eh. Then would that mean that Lyria will be able to call upon him in the future i wonder. Im glad that in the end they manage to save the duke though. I guess the cast have their next destination then. A island thats blue that has a ocean eh. Lol as expected Io intends to join them as well on their journey. Well we can always use more firepower i guess. Plus this will be a good experience to learn i guess. And this isn't actually asking the party though its more like she's joining them without asking lol. But having seen her skill i don't think anyone would refuse anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2017 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
These fights are just too short.
May 23, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2016
That's some pretty CGI right here
May 26, 2017 1:04 PM

Mar 2016
Meh...kind of a blah episode with just ok action sequences! I'm starting to lose interest in this show because the characters are all so boring! I hope things pick up and they start adding some depth to the characters to draw fans like me back into the series
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 29, 2017 8:03 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Strong episode, Io's backstory really got to me. The Archduke is clearly a kind man.

The fight felt really short, we had episodes of build up to something that lasted for what felt like a minute or two.
Jun 4, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2015
I see so many people triggered over lo being annoying, I really think no one has truly found a legit annoying person in their lives.
Jun 9, 2017 3:35 AM

Apr 2011
Io is so cute. Glad to have her onboard.
Jun 16, 2017 11:11 PM

Jun 2013
Dont understand the disdain for this show.
Sure its generic, but its not a bad generic and the characters are very enjoyable to me at least.
Jun 22, 2017 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
I was sure Io was going to join their group...
Jul 28, 2017 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
A good episode with some pretty solid action scenes and an Iron Giant completely different from the one from my childhood XD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 21, 2017 7:28 AM

Apr 2013
uninspiring...
genericness should not be a crime, but Granblue seems bent on making me re-consider my stance. there's nothing inherently wrong in it or that i find some parts in it detestable, like i do in some other anime.
it's just... the anime makes me bored to death. the action sequences don't set my heart racing, i can't seem to care about the new characters introduced and the mythology just doesn't interest me. at this point, the only reason i'm watching this is to not have another on-hold or dropped series in my list. and even then i can't seem to watch beyond two episode at a time.
time for some JoJo.
Apr 24, 2018 10:57 PM
May 2015
I swear I'll rewatch ep 6 and this one, and count how many times I hear SHISHOOOUU coming from Io. (- _ -)
Apr 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Aug 2007
In the game, I liked Io due to her relationship with Tzaka. She seemed less typical loli bait, I suppose.

I find it strange that people keep complaining about the art being low quality... I think it's def a different style, but by far the best thing about this is the animation.

Also, I think if I had to rely on the plot only to pull the game along, I probably would have quit pretty fast. But the gameplay is addictive and the art is pretty amazing. Like I mentioned before, the main quest is probably the least amusing thing about the game. But I suppose if the anime can hook some more people and have sales due to promotions, that's all Cygames would really care about.

Apr 10, 2019 11:11 PM
Dec 2009
I began this series to see what all the hype is about before the PS4 games come out, but all it's done is force my interest away.

Generic has already been used to describe this series by numerous posters already. They aren't wrong. This show is the very definition of cliche. Everything from characters to plot to the score and art design just feels super derivative. If you have played a JRPG or watched a fantasy setting anime in the past, you've already watched Granblue Fantasy.

Dropped.
Aug 25, 2019 1:01 AM

Mar 2018
So Gran isn't the only one that can get the prime beasts power from Lyria

'Doll' and whoever made the Archduke go nuts remain mysterious

Next Arc Sea Island arc- beach episode?

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 17, 2019 5:22 AM

Sep 2018
Overall, the episode, perhaps, thanks to the combat with the new primordial beast, was noteworthy with regard to the involvement, the plot is not that it is much advanced compared to the previous episode, at least a new character has joined the crew of Gran. Eheheheh! Excellent purchase.
Dec 19, 2020 7:15 AM

Jul 2015
Wholesome moments between Io and her old master, the archduke himself. Good thing he survived otherwise it would be somewhat sad to see the little girl being sad ಡ ﹏ ಡ

Mar 1, 2023 6:36 AM

Oct 2021
I hate annoying loli, lyria is far better
Jan 27, 1:25 AM
May 2010
I just watched the first 7 episode of GBF anime on yt because it was made available for a limited time for the upcoming release of GBF relink.
I'm just going to say that it was extremely solid and sold me on the characters/lore more than the demo of the game did.
It even made me buy the uk blurays.

For a game adaptation... this is very good, if they wanted me to get interested in this series they succeeded.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

103 by LeoTWW »»
Jan 6, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pipe - Jun 24, 2017

195 by Nihilna »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

35 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

49 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 1, 2023 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.