Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2017 3:44 AM

Nov 2007

Winners of the 11th Seiyuu Awards were announced today at a ceremony at the Nippon Cultural Broadcasting (JOQR) Media Plus Hall in Tokyo. The event was simultaneously broadcast on the Chou! A&G+ radio station in a program hosted by Rika Tachibana.

Winners are listed with their respective talent agency.

Best Actor
Ryunosuke Kamiki (Amuse)

Best Actress
Mone Kamishiraishi (Toho Entertainment)

Best Supporting Actor
Houchuu Ootsuka (Crazy Box)

Best Supporting Actress
Megumi Han (Atomic Monkey)

Best New Actor
Awarded to actors who debuted within the past five years.
Setsuo Itou (Air Agency), Yuuma Uchida (I'm Enterprise), Yuusuke Kobayashi (Yu-Rin Pro)

Best New Actress
Awarded to actresses who debuted within the past five years.
Ari Ozawa (I'm Enterprise), Sayaka Senbongi (I'm Enterprise), Minami Tanaka (81 Produce)

Best Vocal
Awarded for singing activity as the character he or she portrays.
Aqours, composed of Kanako Takatsuki, Ai Furihata, Arisa Komiya, Nanaka Suwa, Aina Suzuki, Rikako Aida, Anju Inami, Aika Kobayashi, Shuka Saitou (Lantis)

Best Personality
Awarded for work in radio, TV, or other programs.
Natsuki Hanae (Across Entertainment)

The following award winners were announced on the official website on February 21 and March 15.

Achievement Award
Awarded to individuals who have made numerous contributions to the profession and outside the industry.
Kiyoshi Kobayashi (Haikyo), Mari Shimizu (81 Produce), Junko Hori (Production Baobab)

Synergy Award
Awarded to a work which exhibits the appeal of the seiyuu profession.
Kimi no Na wa.

Kei Tomiyama Award
Awarded for activity in promoting the seiyuu profession in the media.
Ryuusei Nakao (81 Produce)

Kazue Takahashi Award
Awarded for activity in promoting the seiyuu profession in the media.
Sumi Shimamoto (Freelance)

Kids and Family Award
Voted by children from surveys submitted by elementary schools nationwide.
All of the Cast Members of PET (The Secret Life of Pets)

Special Award
Awarded to any individual, work, or activity for commendable achievements which do not fit any other category.
Non (Rena Nounen) (non)

Official site: http://www.seiyuawards.jp/

← Previous Year
tsubasaloverMar 19, 2017 8:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2017 3:46 AM

Mar 2017
Your Name is not even leaving the VA awards.
Mar 18, 2017 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
Congrats for all the VA for winning. They deserve it.
Mar 18, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2010
Congratulations to the winners!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 18, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2013
The fact that Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu won nothing is just wrong.
Mar 18, 2017 4:17 AM

Mar 2016
Congrats to the winners. Good to see Aqours winning best vocal.
Mar 18, 2017 4:19 AM

Jul 2013
Your name still stronk in Japan. Not even surprised.
So happy to see Houchuu Ootsuka winning the Best Supporting Actor award. That man has an awesome voice.

However, I would have liked that Takahiro Sakurai would have received an award. The guy has been in pretty much everywhere this last year, while performing awesome roles as Reigen or Rohan.
IllyricusMar 18, 2017 12:37 PM
Mar 18, 2017 4:22 AM

May 2010
Lol Kamiki is fine but best actor?
They don't have most votes anymore?
Based Hanae the perverted radio host.
Mar 18, 2017 5:09 AM

Mar 2010
To be honest, most of these names are unknown to me, but I'm glad Ari Ozawa got an award. She deserved it :)
Mar 18, 2017 5:10 AM
Dec 2015
where is kamiya hiroshi award?
Mar 18, 2017 5:19 AM

Jul 2013
AntonKutovoi said:

Seriously, where is Ishida Akira?
Mar 18, 2017 5:54 AM

Jun 2012
Congratulations to Sayaka Senbongi. Gahaha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqps0MXYJFc
Mar 18, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2015
Of course Kamishiraishi and Kamiki would win no surprise.

Mar 18, 2017 6:10 AM

Sep 2015
Yena_Yuda_ said:
where is kamiya hiroshi award?

My first thought. Also, wow, I don't recognize any big name there, except for Hanae.... it's like this award isn't even real
BooMChapow said:
wow best actor and actress are not even full time seiyuu by profession.... total bs

^this
Ioryogi-kunMar 18, 2017 6:14 AM
Mar 18, 2017 6:38 AM

Jan 2015
NOUNEN RENA....... NON-Chan!!! Yay :D
The heck is that special award

la critique de l'intention pure
Mar 18, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2013
At least Yuusuke Kobayashi won something. I was hoping for him to win the Best Actor for his Subaru's performance.
Mar 18, 2017 7:18 AM

Nov 2008
Minami Tanaka needs more roles badly. I'm glad she got an award though.

Mar 18, 2017 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
Congratulations to the winners. Glad to see Aqours winning the vocals. :D
Mar 18, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2011
09Nanee said:
AntonKutovoi said:

Seriously, where is Ishida Akira?
IKR! The roles in Shouwa Genroku actually challenge the seiyuu's voice acting skills, and they did splendid, especially Ishida Akira.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 18, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2009
No big names huh? Even Kamiya Hiroshi didn't win anything like he did every year... Also Kamiki Ryunosuke isn't seiyuu but an actor. My point is, there are many voice actors that have been in this industry for years and NOT A SINGLE known voice actor deserved any awards but one person that isn't in this industry as a real voice actor did.

This years' awards must be a joke seriously. I'm highly disappointed with this. Also, there are many newcomers/inexperienced names in here. Don't want to sound like an arrogant elitist or anything but still...

Anyway i'm so happy to see a veteran like Houchuu Ootsuka at least. :)
VargnattMar 18, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 18, 2017 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
Glad to see Megumi Han win something there. Her work is really underrated.
Mar 18, 2017 9:14 AM

May 2010
Plenty of seiyuu I don't recognize, I hope to hear their voice abilities in the future!
Mar 18, 2017 9:33 AM
Sep 2007
Hochu Otsuka, Ryusei Nakao (best seiyu for evil characters ever), and Sumi Shimamoto are the only people I care for on this list, and all these others are...

No idea who they are.
Mar 18, 2017 10:24 AM

Jul 2014
Well, I'm happy for Ari Ozawa.
Mar 18, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2010
Nice to see Megumi Han on here, she got such range voicing Akko in LWA currently.
Mar 18, 2017 12:21 PM
Jan 2016
Best Vocal
Awarded for singing activity as the character he or she portrays.
Aqour, composed of Kanako Takatsuki, Ai Furihata, Arisa Komiya, Nanaka Suwa, Aina Suzuki, Rikako Aida, Anju Inami, Aika Kobayashi, Shuka Saitou

Please it is Aqours lol

2 years old idol group and already have this award! Congrats.. Love Live is still dominating!

Please get all awards µ's already had... then one day maybe you can outshine them ')
Mar 18, 2017 2:28 PM

Nov 2014
Both the best actor/actress are merely lucky. Had voicing over Kimi no Na wa is enough to make them the best actor/actress.

For other winners, I think they deserve, especially Houchuu Ootsuka-san.
Mar 18, 2017 4:09 PM
Dec 2015
What happened to the most votes award? The award Kamiya Hiroshi always won?
Mar 18, 2017 11:13 PM

Nov 2013
Aside from the Best Actor/Actress award, the rest of the winners are all well deserved.

Also, it's pretty strange that Kamiyan's award suddenly disappeared from the event...
Mar 19, 2017 12:22 AM
Mar 2016
I thought Ari Ozawa already won that award because of Nozaki-kun. It's expected for Senbongi to win because of Kabaneri of course. Also, it's expected for Kimi no na wa MC's to win.
The formula for winning Seiyu awards is to land a big role in a successful show, and deliver your voice acting to a minimum requirement and not mess it up. Or land a big role in a show that became successful mainly because of your eye-catching attention-grabbing very effective voice acting. Also, that show must be KADOKAWA or Shogakukan related, haha, just kidding!
Nordavind said:
No big names huh? Even Kamiya Hiroshi didn't win anything like he did every year...
He's done. He's already a hall of famer so he can't win that award anymore.
Also Kamiki Ryunosuke isn't seiyuu but an actor. My point is, there are many voice actors that have been in this industry for years and NOT A SINGLE known voice actor deserved any awards but one person that isn't in this industry as a real voice actor did.
This is an award for those who voice act, I believe. And Ryunosuke (and Non and Kamishiraishi), even though not "real" voice actors, are doing voice acting job. Even a singer (Sayaka Kanda) won a best actress award before.
This years' awards must be a joke seriously. I'm highly disappointed with this. Also, there are many newcomers/inexperienced names in here. Don't want to sound like an arrogant elitist or anything but still...
I know what you feel. Your favorites don't win. But the seiyuu awards is already like this before. There's nothing new. It's mostly driven by hype. And the first round of the selection process is actually public voting. I even feel that this is a good way of "money-grabbing" since KADOKAWA publishes the winners on their mag (I believe, not verified fact yet) and featuring hottest persons in 2016 get sale boost. Both KADOKAWA and consumers are happy.
crx07Mar 19, 2017 12:30 AM
Mar 19, 2017 1:39 AM

Sep 2009
crx07 said:
I know what you feel. Your favorites don't win.

That's not the reason which i'm sad about, at least expected one well-known seiyuu could win as "Best Actor" anyway :/

Mar 19, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
Wow! I'm Enterprise talents bagged a lot of awards!
Well they are the best agency for seiyuu after all.
But Where is Yoko Hikasa or Ayane Sakura!
Wait, tied with 81 Produce
RayzerMar 19, 2017 9:58 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 19, 2017 11:11 AM
Mar 2016
Nordavind said:
crx07 said:
I know what you feel. Your favorites don't win.

That's not the reason which i'm sad about, at least expected one well-known seiyuu could win as "Best Actor" anyway :/
My bad.
From what I observed, that's not how Seiyuu Awards work, unfortunately. Even the very popular seiyuu Kana Hanazawa won only once (supporting role) but a singer who is not really a voice actress won a best actress award. For somebody to have a higher chance of winning, he/she has to be lucky enough to get a role in a show that will really hit, and do his/her job at least ok. If Kimi no Na wa didn't exist, I think Yusuke Kobayashi will win because of Re:Zero.
It's not ideal, but personally it's still within my low standards.
Mar 19, 2017 6:13 PM

Mar 2017
All the names are pretty new to me, until i saw Ari Ozawa's name :p

Then again, congrats to all who won. And like others, where is the Hiroshi Kamiya award?
It's time to play the Game folks!
Mar 22, 2017 1:42 AM

Nov 2010
... not even one seiyuu from Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu won anything... here i'm hoping Ishida Akira will win or at least one of the seiyuu from that anime.. ahh.. maybe coz that anime is not so popular they overlook it... I see this kind of pattern in seiyuu awards since long ago.
anyway, congratz to the winners..
Jan 4, 2021 11:57 AM

Jul 2020
Woohoo! Nakao Ryusei, Houchuu Ootsuka, and Kiyoshi Kobayashi! Super glad to see that a fair chunk of older talents get awards! Especially ecstatic to see Nakao Ryusei on here since he seems to be everywhere with my favorite characters like Hijiri Hideyoshi and Carlos Rivera.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
24 minutes ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
5 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.