Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Aki is still showing her devious side with her taunting towards others.

Gasou also shows up and already has a confrontation with Masamune lol. Not too surprising I suppose. Got a weird feeling about this episode honestly as Neko also made a return after all the drama.

Pretty sure this episode is building towards its end for the final two episodes. Gasou really has Masamune's head spinning LOL
Stark700Mar 9, 2017 8:20 AM
Mar 9, 2017 8:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode pissed me the fuck off....Not because it's bad, but because of a certain individual(s)

Not only is this fat fuck Fraudmune prancing around and messing up everything but this guy got Aki's feminazi fan club against Masamune now -_-

I seriously despise this guy and Aki pissed me off almost as much as he did.....Clearly she thinks that Fraudmune is the real Pig's Foot and I'm annoyed that not even Neko could interpret this
Mar 9, 2017 8:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
My opinion on this development:

Really though, Gasou aside, I also have to say that Aki's so-called friends were also really annoying in this episode. What rights do they have to start interfering like that for their own stupid reasons? Mind your own business damn it

The whole turn of events just feels like forced stalling before the eventual and unavoidable Masamune x Aki coupling can become official. It's not really doing much in the way of developing their characters imo
Mar 9, 2017 8:53 AM
May 2015
When I first saw the opening to this anime at episode 1, I noticed this fat fuck right away. I knew from teh get go if they introduced this kind of shitty character to the show it would ruin the entire show for me...

This show went from an 8 to the start to a 3 for me. Insane.
Mar 9, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
This episode pissed me the fuck off....Not because it's bad, but because of a certain individual(s)

Not only is this fat fuck Fraudmune prancing around and messing up everything but this guy got Aki's feminazi fan club against Masamune now -_-

I seriously despise this guy and Aki pissed me off almost as much as he did.....Clearly she thinks that Fraudmune is the real Pig's Foot and I'm annoyed that not even Neko could interpret this

Same here, was really annoying to see the fat Masamune this episode. More than fat Masamune, I find it more annoying that Aki is so vulnerable with him. She basically accepts everything he says without so much as a retort. I actually feel bad for Makabe having to watch all this.

HaXXspetten said:
My opinion on this development:

The whole turn of events just feels like forced stalling before the eventual and unavoidable Masamune x Aki coupling can become official. It's not really doing much in the way of developing their characters imo

+1 to this as well, This is just forced rivalry drama to make Aki realize her feelings or whatever. I said it last episode, I really would have preferred these final episodes be more fluff and romance, instead we're getting completely unneeded drama, I just hope this doesn't make the final romance conclusion feel rushed.

Fat Masamune to me doesn't feel like a character, he's more of an obstacle that Makabe needs to overcome and a really annoying one at that. I don't see how they can give his character any story this late into the season that will in anyway make it possible to root for him, which turns him into a mere obstacle as I said.
Mar 9, 2017 9:09 AM

Aug 2008
Wow. I didn't think it would be this shitty. Just wow.
Mar 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Oct 2008
My enjoyment of this show went from 100 to 0 real quick.
Mar 9, 2017 9:14 AM

Jan 2015
So you're saying that Aki-sama is in love with that chubby Masamune? Oh come on, Master. You gotta be kidding. But well, he is pretty good when it comes to blend in with another student. But still, this trouble occur because of the "berothed" thing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 9, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
uff season 2 will be better. but the final of this is gonna be good too.
Mar 9, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
I loved this episode. This fat Masamune is smart. He's got everyone under his thumbs. He made Aki so vulnerable she agrees to be engaged. She is so dense. Not only that, he made the three girls go against Masamune. Seeing everyone angry here is amusing.
Mar 9, 2017 9:21 AM

Mar 2016
Lmao i see the salt already started ... Just like in the manga.
Mar 9, 2017 9:24 AM

May 2015
This is stupid. Not much else to say, but it's strayed so far off from the original synopsis and it's just not fun, funny or interesting in any way anymore. Burn it with fire
Mar 9, 2017 9:24 AM

Oct 2012
Urgh Gasou is just as annoying as I remember. Didn't appreciate it in the manga, still don't appreciate it now. I'm glad it lead to some development but for me there wasn't enough payoff to make it worth the NTR arc. I appreciated some things but overall Gasou's presence made the arc extremely hard to read. Plus the freaking dramatic irony is irritating me so much as usual, I hate knowing something and not being able to tell the characters.
Ugh

DragonSlayer_19 said:
Lmao i see the salt already started ... Just like in the manga.
Lmao I know right, though you can't say it's without reason. This is just so wtf that it's hard for me to experience this again in anime form
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 9, 2017 9:28 AM
Dec 2014
This part of the story is supposed to be where we see how much Aki likes the fatty old Masamune.

Anyway the way they're doing this... it feels like we'll see something interesting in ep. 12 after all :D
Mar 9, 2017 9:31 AM

May 2015
Huex3 said:
This part of the story is supposed to be where we see how much Aki likes the fatty old Masamune.

Anyway the way they're doing this... it feels like we'll see something interesting in ep. 12 after all :D

Can we get a Masamune x Yoshino ship up in here? Now that would be interesting and fun.
Mar 9, 2017 9:34 AM
Dec 2014
Cornbread78 said:
Huex3 said:

Can we get a Masamune x Yoshino ship up in here? Now that would be interesting and fun.

Well I won't spoil but... Just keep watching. People hate Gasou so much (understandable) but in my opinion he's a really good addition to the series just like Neko. People are just too triggered to see it xD
Mar 9, 2017 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
And here comes the bitching
Mar 9, 2017 9:40 AM

Jun 2013
Those yuri student council girls are pretty annoying.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 9, 2017 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
So in a way, this kid kind of is Masamune......ok. Honestly I don't really have much to say, everyone else pretty much covered what I was feeling after this episode. Fatassmune's existence, imo, is a pointless waste of time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 9, 2017 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
InceptionLoop said:
gust11 said:
Urgh Gasou is just as annoying as I remember. Didn't appreciate it in the manga, still don't appreciate it now. I'm glad it lead to some development but for me there wasn't enough payoff to make it worth the NTR arc. I appreciated some things but overall Gasou's presence made the arc extremely hard to read. Plus the freaking dramatic irony is irritating me so much as usual, I hate knowing something and not being able to tell the characters.
Ugh

Lmao I know right, though you can't say it's without reason. This is just so wtf that it's hard for me to experience this again in anime form

Didn't read the manga but as of now the only thing I can see that might happen from all this, is that Aki will realize her feelings for Makabe.
Inside the spoiler, I'll tell you whether you guessed right or wrong
Though tbh with the current pacing, I see no way that they will reach the aforementioned parts that I talked about
gust11Mar 9, 2017 9:46 AM
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 9, 2017 9:46 AM
Dec 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
So in a way, this kid kind of is Masamune......ok. Honestly I don't really have much to say, everyone else pretty much covered what I was feeling after this episode. Fatassmune's existence, imo, is a pointless waste of time.

You won't be saying that if you know the whole story.
Mar 9, 2017 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
Huex3 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

You won't be saying that if you know the whole story.

Well I don't know the whole story as of this point, but maybe my opinion will change once we get there.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 9, 2017 9:51 AM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Though tbh with the current pacing, I see no way that they will reach the aforementioned parts that I talked about

I wish I could explain Gasou's importance but it will be a massive spoiler.

Anyway
Mar 9, 2017 9:51 AM
Sep 2012
Okay after I said I could see another series do the arrange marriage trope and think it would support it, this show does it and it is awful.

Than again characters in question, this is not Little Witch Academia which I would be interesting if they did that plot, but Aki you are no Diana, and imposter dude you are no Andrew.

Anyway I don't want the imposter end game is, but I guess we will find out, or we won't and have to read the manga.

Anyway that being said, still Makabe you have a good life now, why be so obsessed (and on the wrong person BTW, it those bullies he should be after), but that is another story all together.

And tell me is Makabe co star, a male or female, I tell you forget Makabe and Aki's feelings, I want if that person male or female.
Mar 9, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2013
The fake Masamune is not that annoying, he is just a plot device to make Makabe and Aki hook up and make this a bit interesting.
The three yuri bitches, on the other hand, made me very angry with that selfish behavior.

I hope we manage to get trap Snow White at the end, would be the perfect way to end the series :)
Mar 9, 2017 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
I guess the writer of this series, like so many writers, has never heard of suspension of disbelief. When you pile on too many implausible scenarios and characters, there's risk of the whole story falling apart.

The premise of a boy who buffs up to make a girl love him so that he can reject her as (he thinks) she rejected him is already a bit absurd. And now they throw in a character who—just so happens—looks like an older version of the young MC, and immediately starts fucking everything up? Seriously?

A story doesn't have to be realistic, but it needs to at least be believable for me to play along. This arc is probably going to ruin the whole show for me, which is a shame because I really liked the way it started.

HaXXspetten said:

Exactly. I hate asspulls like this.
Mar 9, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2015
Frustrated. WTF. I really don't like this Gasou guy. He's acting nice but I can't let my gueard down. And Aki, if you love fat guys, why did you even turn down Masamune in the past.
Mar 9, 2017 9:59 AM

Jul 2016
and... here goes again my hate to that one fat character. And I don't know about the story if it's good or not, so I'lll just say it's ok. But seriously, why the hell whenever there's a new character in this anime I always start to hate them first? But now I'm okay with Neko Fujinomiya, maybe because I learn her truth.
Mar 9, 2017 9:59 AM
Jun 2012
This anime is getting more and more stupid by the episode. I hope that Adagaki bitch will have to marry that Chubby and Masamune's plans would blow on his face cause he took waay waay to long to execute it.
Mar 9, 2017 10:00 AM
Sep 2012
Illyricus said:
The fake Masamune is not that annoying, he is just a plot device to make Makabe and Aki hook up and make this a bit interesting.
The three yuri bitches, on the other hand, made me very angry with that selfish behavior.

Oh yeah that is why I had Little Witch Academia on the brain. So who is worse these girls or Hannah and Barbara? I don't know, at least have some personality quirks.

Well Neko she is a Marika clone or what, though a better body.
Mar 9, 2017 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
If I recall correctly a lot of people hated this arc in the manga and I think this episode reflects why. Just a bunch of bullshit yapping to probably close out the season with an unfulfilled ending. Really disappointing. Can always hope for the best, I guess. : /
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Mar 9, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2016
Damn I hate that fatty more now. Also, those yuri friends of aki ლಠ益ಠ)ლ
If aki loves fat people that much, I wonder why she rejected masamune. Can't wait for next episode.
Mar 9, 2017 10:07 AM

May 2015
So if I'm reading these comments correctly, we should all be ready for the typical BS "Go read the Manga" style ending?

Well, that motivates me to bother watching the last couple episodes...

Also, "Fatassmune" is...... brilliant, lol
Mar 9, 2017 10:08 AM

Jul 2014
OMG the salty people lmao 10/10

I think the most annoying were the three yuri bitches.

And Gasou......i don't know his backstory so...
Mar 9, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2015
SkyLETV said:
OMG the salty people lmao 10/10

I think the most annoying were the three yuri bitches.

And Gasou......i don't know his backstory so...

Backstory? Why? He shouldn't exist. Well, other than, the author liking to add in forced drama like with Neko to take away from the primary plotline...
Mar 9, 2017 10:15 AM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:
gust11 said:

Anyway
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 9, 2017 10:26 AM
Dec 2011
thebrentinator24 said:

gust11 said:
InceptionLoop said:

Didn't read the manga but as of now the only thing I can see that might happen from all this, is that Aki will realize her feelings for Makabe.
Inside the spoiler, I'll tell you whether you guessed right or wrong

I'm kind disappointed that the MC just accepted that she mistook Kanetsugu for him just because Kanetsugu was fat like the young version of the MC.
JokerxHisokaMar 9, 2017 10:31 AM
Mar 9, 2017 10:30 AM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Huex3 said:

Anyway

Nahh man they will probably skip the entire arc. They can just move that part after the play.
Mar 9, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
well a new rival appears..but it is still confusing why does Adagaki fancies him
Mar 9, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2015
ibraheem234 said:
well a new rival appears..but it is still confusing why does Adagaki fancies him

They have already hinted at her feeling bad for the way she treated Masamune in the past few episodes. Who knew she was actually a chubby chasert hough, lol. This is also probably why she really gorges herself on food as well.
Mar 9, 2017 10:43 AM

Feb 2016
I have to agree with most people here, this episode was so frustrating. So many aspects of it really pissed me off.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

KurijiMar 9, 2017 10:51 AM
Mar 9, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
So the anime will end with the dance ? It's kind of... disappointing.
Mar 9, 2017 10:57 AM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:
Nahh man they will probably skip the entire arc. They can just move that part after the play.
They wouldn't dare! or they'd be killed by the Muriel fanatics

JokerxHisoka said:
I'm kind disappointed that the MC just accepted that she mistook Kanetsugu for him just because Kanetsugu was fat like the young version of the MC.
Well, he doesn't even find out why Aki acted so nice to Gasou until the Paris arc, which is after this current one, so it's quite a ways off. Also, she believed it was him because of his shape, his acting familiar with her, and the legitimate letter from the grandfather that ostensibly gave him a lot of credibility. Though I can definitely understand your frustration. I feel it too, only because of dramatic irony, but nonetheless I still dislike this arc, not even the manga's recent chapter can make me like it, though whether this month's chapter does, is yet to be seen.

Titadou said:
So the anime will end with the dance ? It's kind of... disappointing.
Ikr, it's just such an awkward spot to leave things, I don't really know what they're thinking. Ofc if they have S2 announcement then sure I'm fine with how things are, but if not then it'll just be another 'f u go read the manga' kind of ending, which pains me as I want others to experience the Paris arc to get the full context.

Cornbread78 said:
So if I'm reading these comments correctly, we should all be ready for the typical BS "Go read the Manga" style ending?

Well, that motivates me to bother watching the last couple episodes...

Also, "Fatassmune" is...... brilliant, lol
We're not completely sure, but most of us feel that it's going to end in a weird spot, though Huex3 has suggested that they move events around to fit in certain scenes, though I doubt it. Unless there's a season 2 announcement, I feel most will be disappointed at where the anime concludes.
gust11Mar 9, 2017 11:08 AM
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 9, 2017 11:04 AM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Huex3 said:

They wouldn't dare! or they'd be killed by the Muriel fanatics

JokerxHisoka said:

Well, he doesn't even find out why Aki acted so nice to Gasou until the Paris arc, which is after this current one, so it's quite a ways off. Also, she believed it was him because of his shape, his acting familiar with her, and the legitimate letter from the grandfather that ostensibly gave him a lot of credibility. Though I can definitely understand your frustration. I feel it too, only because of dramatic irony, but nonetheless I still dislike this arc, not even the manga's recent chapter can make me like it, though whether this month's chapter does, is yet to be seen.

Haha I know right? I like the weaboo girl too. And also those Parisian mafia.

A lot got really triggered by this episode. I remember I feel sorry for Makabe when I was reading the manga around this time. It's a good wake up call for Makabe tho and I feel like without Gasou this series would've become generic.

Mar 9, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
The fatty isn't too bad and Aki's girlfriends need their own spin-off :)

The stage competition is set and msamune making his move.
Mar 9, 2017 11:11 AM

May 2015
I don't like how they've deviated from the original plot. The fat guy's entrance has just made the story extremely predictable, he's annoying as hell too.
Mar 9, 2017 11:12 AM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:

A lot got really triggered by this episode. I remember I feel sorry for Makabe when I was reading the manga around this time. It's a good wake up call for Makabe tho and I feel like without Gasou this series would've become generic.

Muriel is <3
Her brother is hilarious xD

I definitely don't blame those that were triggered, I remember being pretty tilted myself when I first read this. Oh dramatic irony, what a wonderful bullcrap technique. While I agree that Gasou certainly acted as a catalyst to bring about some sort of development, his introduction still feels contrived to me. I'm okay with it but definitely don't endorse it

Fang said:
I don't like how they've deviated from the original plot. The fat guy's entrance has just made the story extremely predictable, he's annoying as hell too.
Yeah a lot of people feel this way, even among the original manga readers. It just felt so contrived to me when I first read it, and I'm grateful that it lead to some sort of development, but it was hard for me to read through this arc. A few characters made the arc tolerable for me but I doubt they'll be introduced in the anime considering where it's seemingly ending.
gust11Mar 9, 2017 11:17 AM
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 9, 2017 11:12 AM

May 2015
Fat Prince is so round. Adagaki is for fatties :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 9, 2017 11:18 AM
Jan 2016
So that fatty really loves adagaki or not and does he told the truth to those Yuri girls(Aki's friends)
Mar 9, 2017 11:22 AM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Huex3 said:

Muriel is <3
Her brother is hilarious xD

I definitely don't blame those that were triggered, I remember being pretty tilted myself when I first read this. Oh dramatic irony, what a wonderful bullcrap technique. While I agree that Gasou certainly acted as a catalyst to bring about some sort of development, his introduction still feels contrived to me. I'm okay with it but definitely don't endorse it

Fang said:
Yeah a lot of people feel this way, even among the original manga readers. It just felt so contrived to me when I first read it, and I'm grateful that it lead to some sort of development, but it was hard for me to read through this arc. A few characters made the arc tolerable for me but I doubt they'll be introduced in the anime considering where it's seemingly ending.

Thankfully when I've read the manga chapter 37 was already out. It was the best time to read the manga haha. I binged through the entire arc and well I figured out the twist at the end (a lot of manga readers seemed to have missed it). So that part didn't really bother me.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.