Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2017 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well episode had a fun feel to it. The mini fireworks with Masamune's sister and others coming over to his home for a dinner. I still can't get over how that their mom is a loli

Of course, Yoshino is curious about Neko too which isn't too surprising honestly.
Speaking of Neko, it's like she was reading Masamune like a book. Masamune's delusion of Aki as a ham was priceless.
Stark700Feb 9, 2017 8:16 AM
Feb 9, 2017 7:33 AM
Apr 2015
All I want to know is does the kiss from episode 5 get cockblocked immediately going into episode 6?
Feb 9, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2016
Aki is quickly becoming my favourite tsundere ever
Feb 9, 2017 8:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I would have fallen for Neko because of this episode if she weren't secretly a demon lol, can't believe she got that picture STILL

That pool scene made me mad but I loved it....I can't hate Aki anymore, she's just too funny lol and that post credits scene was sad af xDD

Great episode overall though.....I really wanna know the truth behind Neko even more now that even loli mom knows her
Feb 9, 2017 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
Urgh I hate this fcuking THIEF. You have no right to sneak into others' rooms and steal such a personal belonging. I'm gonna take a guess that she's doing the same thing as Masamune, trying to take revenge using the same method.

I was annoyed by that cliched punch and dumb reasoning by Aki at the start but I'm still rooting for her any day over this girl.
Feb 9, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2013
DAGA KOTOWARU. lol
Feb 9, 2017 9:08 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode as always.

Well I knew the obvious kiss interruption was coming, still would have loved it if they had actually kissed. xd
Also Makabe's ideal kiss scene was pretty funny. xD

Loli Mom is OP. XD Makabe's family sure didn't very high of him. :3

I love Neko now. <3 She's so adorable , love how she completely destroyed Makabe with that one liner. XD
Neko was really pretty in her Yukata as well.

Based of Neko's reaction to "We're alike", I'm guessing she too was fat just like Makabe when she was kid. Like how Makabe dieted and worked out to become good looking, she probably took nutrients instead of eating too much to bring down her fat. Both of them were probably in the same class or something and watching Makabe work hard to reduce his fat probably inspired her to do the same which could possibly explain why she says Makabe saved her and the fact that Makabe doesn't remember her at all.
Feb 9, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
Masamune's mom is the most entertaining part of the show, and Aki keeps getting more irritating.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 9, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
Masamune's delusion of Aki as a ham was hilarious. Neko got the picture of Masamune when he was fat.
Feb 9, 2017 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder what's her secret hmm.. And why is she lying

Feb 9, 2017 9:25 AM

Sep 2015
Next episode Beach time and Horror scene
its end on ch12 manga if anyone wonder

Neko kinda got lots of hate now
Into the Internet!
Feb 9, 2017 9:44 AM

Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:
Masamune's mom is the most entertaining part of the show, and Aki keeps getting more irritating.

On the contrary, I believe the show started off with Aki being obnoxious and as I see her more I gradually grow more fond of her.
Feb 9, 2017 9:46 AM

Dec 2015
Shaboogle said:
joe_g7 said:

On the contrary, I believe the show started off with Aki being obnoxious and as I see her more I gradually grow more fond of her.
True she has had a few times where she shined, but then she goes back to being an obnoxious tsundere so I can't bring myself to like her at all.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 9, 2017 9:59 AM

Apr 2013
n00bvlog said:
All I want to know is does the kiss from episode 5 get cockblocked immediately going into episode 6?

This anime's painfully transparent and pretty much discount Nisekoi, so that's a given.
Feb 9, 2017 10:08 AM

Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:
Shaboogle said:

True she has had a few times where she shined, but then she goes back to being an obnoxious tsundere so I can't bring myself to like her at all.

I understand where you're coming from and can agree 100%
Feb 9, 2017 10:10 AM

Jan 2016
The kiss outcome was predictable asf. Other than that, the episode was quite amusing, specially for Masamune's mom xD Chinatsu also got more screentime :P

But Neko stole Masamune's old photo... That girl is clearly hiding something.
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 9, 2017 10:26 AM
Apr 2015
It has been watched by me. That was a good episode. I don't like how this show is slowly turning from the MC being the proactive mastermind to the MC reacting to the girls around him like normal harems do it. I was looking forward to an evil villain's plot. Now his plans revolve around Master-kun, which, again, is passive.

SJ7izm said:
n00bvlog said:

This anime's painfully transparent and pretty much discount Nisekoi, so that's a given.

I was hoping it wouldn't be like Nisekoi because...

n00bvlogFeb 9, 2017 11:06 AM
Feb 9, 2017 10:52 AM
Jun 2016
Fun episode....and Masamume-kun's mom is becoming my fave character.

All in all....wondering what Neko's game is still?
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Feb 9, 2017 10:58 AM

Apr 2016
ListAandM said:
Next episode Beach time and Horror scene
its end on ch12 manga if anyone wonder

Neko kinda got lots of hate now

She is probably some "fat" girl he meets in the gym and help her to lost some weight and she fall for him (lol) and reason he didnt remember her is because she was fat when she was kid or something like that, she have similar obsession with weight and "nutrients" as MC.

btw i hope Truck-kun hit that "Neko" girl hard.
Feb 9, 2017 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
I love this Neko character so much..I hope we get to know more about her past
Feb 9, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
He's so bad at this revenge thing...
Feb 9, 2017 11:43 AM

Jun 2012
Did she sneaked into Masamune room to steal that picture? If she did, i dislike her more and more.
Feb 9, 2017 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Kiss diverted, it was way too soon anyways :)
Neko and master come over to eat and do fireworks :)
Mom knows neko, she must have been a fatty too.

AYY LMAO XD
Feb 9, 2017 12:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The music in the first half was great.
Feb 9, 2017 12:04 PM

Dec 2009
I'm so jealous of Masamune's family... Such a happy loli mom and lively sister...

I still dunno what to make of Neko, she puts a wrench in everything, and causes there to be a lot less Aki time..... I WANT AKI TIME.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 9, 2017 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
What a surprise the kiss didn't happen. I think everyone saw that coming........

Neko seems like a very shady person, sneaking into Masamune's room and taking that old picture of him. It looks like she may have some sort of ulterior motive and is playing Masamune, kind of like how Masamune is playing Aki.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 9, 2017 12:21 PM

Mar 2016
The soundtrack... it's phenomenal; so much so, that it's actually distracting me from what I'm supposed to be watching. Particularly the two piano scores that played while Neko and Makabe shared the bench together, and the one during Yoshino's pursuit.

Feb 9, 2017 12:36 PM
Nov 2010
I have no idea how they are going to fit this into 12 episodes without axing a ton of content. They are currently covering about 2 manga chapters per episodes. The manga is up to about 40 right now.

At the current rate they are going they could end it at manga chapter 27 but that wouldn't give any sort of closure. There also wouldn't be enough material left for a second cour, but this isn't the type of show to get a second cour anyway.
Feb 9, 2017 12:45 PM
Oct 2013
This scene made me laugh for some reason. Especially the part on the 2nd floor.

Feb 9, 2017 1:20 PM
Jul 2015
SigOpram said:
This scene made me laugh for some reason. Especially the part on the 2nd floor.

It was more like...

Feb 9, 2017 1:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Meh episode. The sister and the mother are just a distraction from the main story. But I suppose they have to pad the story with something or otherwise it'd be over in 2 seconds.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 9, 2017 1:27 PM
Mar 2016
Oh boy looks like things aren't going as planned by Masamune, about Neko, from what the loli hag is hinting, seems to point to an arranged marriage.
Feb 9, 2017 1:27 PM

Jul 2015
What?! That loli is his mother?! :O

Feb 9, 2017 1:29 PM

Mar 2016
"Loli hag" lmao don't be mean to the loli mom . That makabe fail in post-credits, savage.
Shishou_23Feb 9, 2017 1:35 PM
Feb 9, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2015
n00bvlog said:

Answer: she denies him. Thank god it was not a cock block I hate anime that do that. It is just god damn annoying

マーくの生活
Feb 9, 2017 1:44 PM

Nov 2015
Great episode, the ham scene and the last scene of Masamune trying to seduce Aki by using Neko's line were hilarious.
And from I've seen in this episode, Neko knew the truth about Masamune's past, and she was fat herself. This is not a spoiler if this really does happen. It's just my deduction.
Also, I think the reason why Masamune's father does not appear is that he was arrested. I mean how the fuck did he get 2 kids with a loli. lmfao
Feb 9, 2017 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
I Think Aki Was Just a Distraction Before Neko Came in :V jk But If I Was Masamune-kun I Would Have gone for it with Neko and if it is a Trap Then Go Back To Aki and get Revenge Fueled by the anger from her trap. The Scene In The Beggining With Aki and Masamune in the pool was funny mostly because of The Tsun-Punch thrown by Aki xD Cant`t Wait for the next episode. This Is One of the shows I`m Most Hyped for this season since Fuuka Was already spoiled for me and the others Im Hyped but not as Much (Except KonoSuba That one has the Most HYPE!!!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2017 2:10 PM

Nov 2011
Masamune seeing Aki's head as a Ham had me in tears!
Clearly Neko and Masamune mom know each other, or know of each other somehow. Neko does say "She said we did have a lot in common." So My guess would be she was fat and takes all these pills now that she's slim.
Also E-B-I EBI that moment with Master had me crying!

Shaboogle said:
joe_g7 said:

I agree I used to hate Aki and now I'm starting to like her.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 9, 2017 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
So...people are just pretending her past isn't painfully obvious, right?
Feb 9, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
"Loli Hag". Why would you call your mother by that nickname Masamune? O_O

It was another good episode and the fireworks, albeit small in size, was still nice to see. Same with the girls in their yutakas too.

The ending scene was funny though. Masamune trying his charm once more on Aki and also copying the quote told by Fujinomiya. The result was Aki eating her sandwich, unimpressed with his attempt.

However, why would Fujinomiya take Masamune's picture of himself and Aki in the past? I think the answer would be obvious, but I can't help but question it though. ^^;
Feb 9, 2017 2:40 PM

Jun 2016
This episode is much more better than the previous two I'll say. This episode makes me like Yoshino much more than both Aki and Neko.

The scene where Masamune pulling Yoshino to the upstair and imagine Aki as a ham makes me chuckles, which isn't the same thing that I can say about the previous two episode.

I can't really say that I like Neko that much like the others. I don't mind her, but something about her character just seems off and kinda suspicious to me.
Feb 9, 2017 3:01 PM

May 2015
ichii_1 said:
Kiss diverted, it was way too soon anyways :)
Neko and master come over to eat and do fireworks :)
Mom knows neko, she must have been a fatty too.

AYY LMAO XD

That was the best scene so far. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 9, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
"Oh I get it
This is not my house
But loli hag is here...
Wait!This is my house!!"

hahaha :D

Feb 9, 2017 3:36 PM

Jan 2017
I feel like this episode was kinda "meh", the mother and the sister are only distractions, masamune didn't kiss the tsundere as it was painfully obvious and basicly nothing happens in this episode. Ok we saw the neko girl being kinda weird but actually this is gonna be a Nisekoi 2.

Feb 9, 2017 3:41 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty funny how they are constantly making fun of every anime cliche ever, even those fireworks weren't as spectacular as one would be expecting in anime but pretty down-to-earth real life version :D

And Yoshino proves to be the best girl again!

Still, I'm really curious what Neko is after. She'll probably pull off some story about being fat while she was young just to catch MC on her hook. Also, his mom recognized her so that proves my theory everyone were friend while younger. And Yoshino probably remembered her too.

Anyway, not enough of Futaba around, let's hope we will get to learn her story too and soon.
Feb 9, 2017 3:53 PM

May 2016
This episode was actually kinda of boring. When it ended I thought to myself "oh that's it?"

Oh well, hopefully next week we'll get more details on why Neko is acting so sketchy. I think I sense a revenge triangle coming on.

Loli mom is 10/10
Marron3KFeb 9, 2017 11:37 PM
Feb 9, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2016
He called his mum a loli hag.

This game has gotten more interesting with Neko in it.
Feb 9, 2017 4:46 PM

Jun 2016
Him calling his mom a loli hag. lol
Feb 9, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2015
Feels bad calling your mom a loli hag.

Feb 9, 2017 4:49 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I love how loli hag (stop calling your mom a loli hag Makabe-kun) Makabe's mom just casually brought Neko and Yoshino along to their house thinking they were his fans. xD And the watermelon seed spitting contest was lulz. However, Neko had to sneak in on Makabe's room to snatch that photo..

I enjoyed this episode. Lots of best girl Yoshino in this episode. :) I'm curious how this anime would end as I have no idea how far from the manga will they try to adapt.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2017

208 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.