Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, a Sucy based episode. About time. She's one of my favorite characters in the show so I'm quite happy to see that she got the spotlight she deserved.

The episode also portrayed Sucy different than usual.

I have to admit, her character gag and the comedy of this episode was quite entertaining. That scene with the judges was so priceless. The white and black footage used this episode was also quite something :o

Feb 26, 2017 8:07 AM

Apr 2010
That was a hilarious dream the Alpacas where really funny.
And that movie was nice as well.
Guess the girls had a nice dream even if it was chaotic.
Feb 26, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2015
Wow.. what a weird episode wow 😂 loved it.
And loved the animation in that old film. Loved it so much.
Feb 26, 2017 8:11 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode and actually one of the better animated episodes so far, love this shot.

Feb 26, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
So very over-the-top. I loved it.

Moving backgrounds everywhere, expressions were so alive, action was wow... animation was pretty god-tier this episode.

Don't care that it didn't progress any semblance of plot whatsoever. This was perfect.
I need sleep.
Feb 26, 2017 9:21 PM
Jun 2015
Poor Dragon Sucy, it seems her ship died at the end of the dream.
Feb 26, 2017 9:31 PM

Aug 2015
There were either a lot of hidden references in this episode, or it was just being weird as usual.
Feb 26, 2017 9:53 PM

Jan 2009
Imaishi the director of Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill was the director of this Sucy focused episode right? and if he is then his frantic/wacky style never gets old lol
Feb 26, 2017 10:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tenth said:
Great episode and actually one of the better animated episodes so far, love this shot.

Agreed (Plus I loved that Star Wars shot lol), but that ending was kinda trippy lol
Feb 26, 2017 10:18 PM

Jun 2015
This Sucy based episode was great. It portrayed her differently. She has many personalities. The comedy was funny. The courtroom scene was amusing. The white and black movie showing Sucy's memories was nice.
Feb 26, 2017 10:35 PM

Jan 2015
Somehow Akko guess it right, about what happen to Sucy for that "sleeping beauty" - like mode. XD
That's not good Lotte, you shouldn't swing your wand with your eyes closed.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 26, 2017 10:42 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was funny af! I really like the series so far but hopefully it goes somewhere
Feb 26, 2017 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
lonelytree said:
So very over-the-top. I loved it.

Moving backgrounds everywhere, expressions were so alive, action was wow... animation was pretty god-tier this episode.

Don't care that it didn't progress any semblance of plot whatsoever. This was perfect.

Plot, No. But does character development count?

Without being dramatic and going into too much, it seems like Sucy didn't have many friends (Maybe Akko is her first?). Of course, that's most likely because she's the loner/solitary type. It would take someone like Akko whose overbearing and boisterous to be friends with Sucy despite their reluctance.

Also, you're so right. The animation in this episode is God-tier. The use of many different art & animation styles was amazing. That film scene had an Original Disney vibe or something from early 1900s United States.

Was this episode an Inception reference? Dream within a dream within a dream...within a mushroom?
Feb 26, 2017 10:56 PM

Apr 2016
There was an Akira reference and I found that to be awesome. Though referencing a not-so-glamorous scene was a strange choice. Meh, oh well

Sometimes you just gotta realize that you can't watch every
anime you want to. The struggle is far too real for that.
Feb 26, 2017 11:17 PM

May 2015
The scenes with that movie was my favorite. The animation that reminds of the earliest Disney's, and it was so fluid and amazing.
Seeing that Akko might be Sucy's first friend was very cute.

It was a very weird episode though, but I like weird. It really felt like I was dreaming with them. It felt like watching inception. I guess it gave off that kind of vibe because the music in the background was constantly weird, while scenes were comedy, so my emotions were in conflict
Feb 27, 2017 12:33 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Finally, a Sucy episode. Although, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind for a Sucy centric episode. It was jam packed with references, and the animation was turned up a notch.

It was nice to finally get some kind of development for Sucy, as it appears she treasures the memories she has of Akko and Lotte.

Sincerely hope we got more Sucy, she just feels so underutilized.
Feb 27, 2017 12:43 AM

Dec 2012
LOL that funnel stuck in Akko's throat.
Woah Sucy everywhere.

That movie scene of Akko & Sucy was sweet.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 27, 2017 1:34 AM

Oct 2016
is it just me or is this a kimi no na wa reference ? :o

:-) <3
Feb 27, 2017 1:39 AM

Oct 2016
I loved this episode, it's my favorite one so far. It's about time we got a Sucy episode. We got to see all the different sides of Sucy, which was really cool.
Feb 27, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2015
This was so good, loved it

Now that we got a lotte's and sucy's focused episode, will we get some kind of plot?
Feb 27, 2017 2:08 AM

Apr 2014
Cutest episode so far. It being all set in a quasi-dream meant they could go as over the top as they wanted with this while keeping suspension of disbelief in check.
I'm still hoping we get some sort of actual plot down the line but I wouldn't mind seeing more fun episodes like this that look like the writers and animators had fun with.
Feb 27, 2017 2:25 AM

Apr 2011
This was amazing.
So creatively done. One of the best episodes of any show I have watched in a long time.
Loved it.
Feb 27, 2017 2:54 AM

Jun 2014
This episode proves that you can never have enough Sucy. Ever.
They really went full Trigger with this episode.
Feb 27, 2017 2:54 AM

Jun 2013
a Sucy episode eh, whoa all those references brah!! the silent film part was gold
Feb 27, 2017 3:38 AM

Dec 2009
Animation got really fukken strange with the chase scene, but this is pretty classic humour. This is not a style you usually see in anime AT ALL.

Pretty fun for a Sucy episode, plus all the random introspective ontological philosophy was tossed in there pretty haphazardly lol. Very fitting of her character.

The yuri bait was obviously an intentional hardcore troll with all of the rage about yuri-bait anime lately XD
GenesisAriaFeb 27, 2017 3:41 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 27, 2017 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
Finally we get a Sucy episode and it did not disappoint.
Plenty of trippy visuals, nice animation, giant monsters and of course lots of Sucy(s)

And oh yeah, Obi-Wan Sucy

Feb 27, 2017 4:08 AM

Aug 2010
Best girl gets the best episode. Coincidence? I sure as hell know it's not. The drive-in movie was especially touching, seeing how much Sucy treasures her friendship with Akko under her cold exterior.
Feb 27, 2017 5:04 AM

Nov 2011
Well! If until now you had not talked a lot about Sucy, now we have nauseum. XD
Found certain stage are really nice and original, like some references to certain works. The beauty of the drawings is that they combine various styles of design, I really enjoyed it. The backgrounds were well finished.

I hope there is also a Lotte based episode.

bear_minimum said:
There was an Akira reference and I found that to be awesome. Though referencing a not-so-glamorous scene was a strange choice. Meh, oh well

I'm glad you also, do you both realized.

asunnyrift said:

I believe that too.
Feb 27, 2017 5:07 AM

Feb 2014
asunnyrift said:

Indeed you are correct on that one. Admittedly I didn't get the reference at first though. >.<

I have to say, this episode was really fun. Sucy is an already interesting and likeable character, but with this episode, I really like her as a character even more.

Seeing the MANY different versions of Sucy in her dream was awesome. From the wannabe reality T.V. star version, to Obi-Wan Kenobi and even an alpaca of all things! XD

The drive-in movie was also an excellent touch, as it was a way to show how much Sucy cares for Akko and Lotte. Even under her cold-ish exterior, she does treasure her friends. =)

Akko was brave to try an wake Sucy up via mouth-to-mouth, but Sucy woke up before that ever happened. Sucks for the dragon too, as it wanted the kiss it to happen. =P

Animation was top notch as well, from the fluid retro Disney style, to the car/dragon chase scene as well as the attempted wake-up kiss near the end. Kudos to you, Trigger. =)
Feb 27, 2017 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
another cute and fun episode

aww i love akko and sucy's relationship <3
Feb 27, 2017 5:40 AM

Dec 2012
The most trigger-esque episode yet. Fun, over the top, all over the place and a little confusing too.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Feb 27, 2017 5:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That's a Sucy episode for you.
Feb 27, 2017 5:59 AM

Dec 2009
Favorite episode so far. The true trigger essence that other episodes where lacking could be felt in this one.
Some beautifull illustrations here and there and nice references, Pyramid head Sucy was great, and the crushing scene from Akira still gives me PTSD.
Feb 27, 2017 6:22 AM
Oct 2015
wonderful sleeping beauty parody
interesting and fun episode
Feb 27, 2017 6:54 AM

Jul 2016
An episode all about Sucy, about Sucy, and with lots of Sucy. You got it.

Sucy is one of my favourite characters from this series and I absolutely love her, if not for her character design and snark attitude. This episode focuses more on her as a character and the question that everybody asks, "What goes on in her head?" And lo and behold. Complete with Star wars, Your Name, Silent Hill and Akira (You know for kids!!) references for every one to enjoy.

This episode had wonderful animation, especially the cinema bit. It has that classic Steamboat Willy animation style, which was glorious. The end sequence was epic, especially the end payoff where

*COUGHS UP AN UNHOLY AMOUNT OF BLOOD*

Well, that caught me off guard, and complete with Sleeping Beauty reference too(One of my favourite Disney movies) Of course, I did love how Sucy woke up JUST to dodge that bullet. TWICE! But imagine if they actually kissed. That would be a dream come true. But alas, like the dragon and the dream, that fantasy was short-lived. BUT, if they were a couple, I guess it would be....*chuckle*....TOXIC.
*ticks off make an original joke*

And thus, the shipping begins.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Feb 27, 2017 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
This is the first time I felt this show surpassed the original movie. Super amazing episode in every way.
Feb 27, 2017 7:28 AM
Sep 2012
A Sucy episode, to be honest I didn't think it could be done without breaking the mystic that is Sucy. But they were able to pull it off.

Anyway I loved it, very trippy episode, it had a little bit of Alice In Wonderland, the Wizard of Oz, and oldest of old old school cartoons.

So angelic side wants to Akko painlessly, of course she does. I have to admit the movie part when they showed the first episode, that was touching.

But the episode had so many laughs and how sadestic Sucy personalities can be, I don't which Sucy was my favorite, judge Sucy, old lady Sucy, rocker Sucy, so many Sucys, I love them all.

And in the end, it was dream, or was it? I don't think we will ever know.
Feb 27, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
can't stop laughing especially at that evil laugh of Sucy at the beginning, the smack on the face of Akko with the wand, the goat version Sucy, the self-convincing theory before kissing sucy, and many more...the animators pushed every aspect to make it this much funny..
BeguniFeb 27, 2017 7:47 AM

Feb 27, 2017 7:59 AM

Sep 2014
j0x said:
Imaishi the director of Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill was the director of this Sucy focused episode right? and if he is then his frantic/wacky style never gets old lol

It was storyboarded by Imaishi and directed by someone obscure named Nakazono Masato who also directed episode 2. This is according to the ending credits.
Feb 27, 2017 8:43 AM

Jan 2011
Wow....the animation went into overdrive again.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 27, 2017 9:00 AM
Aug 2016
By far the best episode, i hope they continue on this quality since it's my fav anime of the season!
Feb 27, 2017 9:33 AM

Apr 2016
this episode literally my everynight dream .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 27, 2017 9:56 AM

Feb 2015
Well, to be honest, this episode is one of the most weirdest episode in little witch academia in my opinion. if this episode is really a character development episode then i must say too that this is the weirdest character development i have every seen xD

but then it looked more like a characterization from sucy. but still, the characterization looks weird and kinda scary or more like creepy to me.

what is the meaning of 666 in this episode tho.
i don't understand. well, it's sucy anyway. she is weird as a character in my opinion so im not surprised if i got to see a weird characterization or character development from sucy.
looking foward to the next episode.
Feb 27, 2017 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
Neromon said:
j0x said:

It was storyboarded by Imaishi and directed by someone obscure named Nakazono Masato who also directed episode 2. This is according to the ending credits.

i see and did Imaishi animate some parts of this episode according to the ending credits?
Feb 27, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2017
This was, hands down, the most fun episode so far. I don't even care that it did little to advance the overarching plot of the show, it was FUN. From start to finish. I loved every single minute of this episode. I'm also glad we finally got a Sucy-centered episode, something we've been wanting for a while now. But yeah, all in all, my favorite so far without a doubt.

On a sidenote, I also couldn't help but geek out a little at that Akira reference...
Feb 27, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
it's Sucy time baby..!!
Feb 27, 2017 10:31 AM

Feb 2016
did Trigger get some LSD while doing this episode? lmao it was so funny, and it reminds me of old Disney style hahaha
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 27, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
j0x said:
i see and did Imaishi animate some parts of this episode according to the ending credits?

Nope .......................................
Feb 27, 2017 11:00 AM

Mar 2015
I loved this eps, since it featured sucy heavily... but for reals it was all a dream for real? that more or less makes it worthless.
Feb 27, 2017 11:01 AM

Feb 2017
I loved this episode. It gave us some insight into Sucy's personality and it was nice to look at, too. The silent film was great. I look forward to seeing if there's more experimental styles in later episodes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

125 by ViSpace »»
Feb 5, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.