Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 11, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, we got more flashbacks of Chariot's parade back then.
Also quite interesting to see more details of Chariot's past including time when she was a kid.

Urusula/Chariot's talk with Diana was tense. I kinda like how Diana puts faith into finding Akko. Diana and Akko's relationship also seems to have improved a lot more ever since the latter helped her. Great to see these two girls getting along well. Two more episodes left but I feel like this was a calm before the storm.
Jun 11, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
Diana and Ako are getting closer with each other this is turning into a good friendship.
And the other hand Ako has some talking to do with Ashira sensei about several things.
From Diana's story it's clear that Ako can become a great witch if she continues trying that is.
Jun 11, 2017 9:21 AM

May 2015
My heart...
this episode was beautiful
seeing all Akko's friends being so worried for Akko.. and seeing Akko so dead inside.. i cried like a little baby..
Poor Chariot :( My heart broke on her scene.. she was so pushed

Can't wait for next week's episode..
Hope Chariot and Akko reconcile.. :( it's so heart breaking watching them be on bad terms
Jun 11, 2017 9:49 AM

Oct 2008
Okay... I absolutely loved the Chariot history bits, but can we take a moment to reflect on how AMAZING Diana was? She empathized with Akko, showed her there's hope, redeemed Chariot (a little) in her eyes, renewed her faith while revealing that she was jealous of her all along and admitting that she loved Chariot? HOLY. CRAP.

She even gave her her premium card!!! "I pass this card on to you along with all that it represents. A believing heart is your magic."

DIANA!!! You ARE the best girl!!! (TT.TT)
Jun 11, 2017 11:04 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Yes, Diana is better, but the great protagonist is Akko because she cand do change the people.... although the Chariot (Ursula-sensei) is the master for this episode to me!!!!
Jun 11, 2017 1:10 PM
Apr 2017
Umm, just saw the Raw. Everything is forgiven now or am I missing something? Dianna was able to use magic again because her talent and Cavendish lineage? If I am wrong can someone correct me ?
Jun 11, 2017 1:21 PM

Nov 2014
Things are simpler than I thought, i overthinking in last episode. I dislike so much Diana in the ovas but in the anime she turn better and better, now she is the best girl in LWA.
Jun 11, 2017 2:48 PM

May 2015
JaceVI said:
Umm, just saw the Raw. Everything is forgiven now or am I missing something? Dianna was able to use magic again because her talent and Cavendish lineage? If I am wrong can someone correct me ?

She got her magic back because she worked hard.
And she didn't give up because of her love for Chariot.
As a kid, she was amazed by Chariot and was in love with Chariot's magic, and that's why she didn't give up. She worked hard so she could become like Chariot
Jun 11, 2017 2:49 PM

May 2015
Sephil said:
Things are simpler than I thought, i overthinking in last episode. I dislike so much Diana in the ovas but in the anime she turn better and better, now she is the best girl in LWA.

true.. I hated her in the OVAs
but here, she definitely is one of 3 BEST girls

for me, top 3

Chariot/Ursula
Akko
Diana
Jun 11, 2017 4:05 PM
Jun 2017
Can you guys leave a link to where you saw the episode
Jun 11, 2017 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
need subs to fully understand this episode, as predicted Diana gave some advice to Akko on how to regain her magic potential

and nice to see more backstory especially the childhood and teenage years of Ursula/Chariot and Croix
Jun 11, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Damn this episode went so fast...

Chariot's story is actually kinda sad and she raised some death flags this episode. I really hope they don't end up killing her and Croix though, because that's way too easy / cheap. It would be nice to see Akko coming in to save her, switching their roles and making a nice set up for a reconciliation. It fits the anime a lot more than a tragic death.

So far it's looking like this anime will not have a conclusive ending and if that's the case I really hope we get a second season.
removed-userJun 11, 2017 9:17 PM
Jun 11, 2017 8:13 PM

May 2011
Diana is amazing, this series got so much better after episode 20 imo.
Jun 11, 2017 8:23 PM

Jun 2015
This was a very sweet episode. Got to see more backstory for Chariot. Looks like Croix tricked her into using Dream Fuel Spirit. She's been always salty for not being chosen. It's great seeing Diana giving Akko some very good advice. Opening up to her was nice. Both of them admired Chariot. Looking forward to see Chariot vs Croix.
Jun 11, 2017 8:38 PM

Sep 2013
5/5- Diana is great.

Interesting to see more of Chariot's past and it turns out she unknowingly used the Dream Fuel Spirit. Thankfully she stopped but things didn't get better for her. She's definitely strong as hell though because she did that to the moon!?

Anyways, this was a sweet and heartwarming episode. I've become a bigger fan of Diana now and it was nice to see her child self. She is so adorable! It was great to see that everyone cared about Akko enough to run around in the snow to find her. I expected her to come back to academy anyways but her reaction to see everyone, including Diana of all people, wanted her to come back.

Now Croix's plan enters the final stages so we're heading towards the finale of LWA. I expect big things in the final two episodes. Sad to see this series go but I'm excited to see what happens from here and how Akko will recover from that heartbreaking revelation from last week.

Jun 11, 2017 8:48 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Diana has somehow managed to become my favorite character ever since her little mini arc....Man she's just so freaking great

Seeing Ursula/Chariot's past was rough though, and I feel so bad for her......I got massive death flags vibes from her in this episode and I REALLY hope that she doesn't die or something because up until now, she's always been my favorite
Jun 11, 2017 9:23 PM

Mar 2017
It's finally time for Akko to start saving the world! I'd say that Diana is such an important asset in the past few episodes.

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
Jun 11, 2017 11:45 PM

Jan 2015
Heartwarming episode

Croix is dangerous
Jun 12, 2017 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
Wonderful episode. Great to know more about Chariot & Croix. So Chariot shooting the moon is what left that mark.

Sad seeing Lotte depressed over not finding Akko. Diana explaining her reasons for never giving up on magic & cheering up Akko was amazing.
Akko finally got the Chariot card.

Glad everyone is back together. Chariot going to stop Croix.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 12, 2017 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
finally watched with subs

so Croix is the reason why Chariot have done the dream fuel spirit that absorbs the magic potential of people
Jun 12, 2017 1:42 AM

Dec 2011
I cried a few times during this episode.This might be my favourite one so far and was a really emotional episode.
So Diana really has the missing card Akko didn't have no and i just love the friendship/rivalry between those two.
Jun 12, 2017 3:26 AM
May 2015
Anybody got TTGL vibes from this line?

Jun 12, 2017 3:38 AM

Jan 2015
kaitonic said:
I cried a few times during this episode.This might be my favourite one so far and was a really emotional episode.
On which part if I may ask? I don't mind some tear dropping because of an emotional Anime, though I haven't done it in this season. :(
Another Chariot's and Croix' story of the past. The irony, when the "Chosen One" is your own best friend and the naive-type.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 12, 2017 3:56 AM

May 2015
mrNobody1658 said:

mrNobody1658 said:

MEEEEE
I GOT THE VIBES
Jun 12, 2017 5:14 AM
Jun 2012
I get the feeling that Magic in LWA works very similar to spiral power in TTGL.
Jun 12, 2017 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
If there was anyone in this forum who still hadn't warmed up to Diana by now, then I'm sure they will do so after seeing her excellent performance in this episode. =)

She was committed to finding Akko, along with Lotte, Sucy and the others. Thankfully, Diana found her safe and sound. It was really enjoyable to watch Diana explain to Akko about the fact that she was a Chariot fan and that she went to Akko's home country in order to watch Chariot's performance. Even though she lost her magic like Akko did, she put in a huge about of determination and commitment that eventually helped her to regain her magic powers.

Speaking of Chariot, I'm not at all surprised that it was Croix who help her with the Dream Fuel Spirit that would effect Akko and Chariot. The pressure got to her so much that she also blasted the moon's surface as well. Damn...

No wonder she's feeling in the dumps right now. Diana's parting words to her must've refuelled her determination to stop Croix's ultimate plan, which has entered its final stages now. I doubt she can beat Croix by herself, so I'm hoping that it'll be up to Akko and her friends that can stop Croix's main plan and in doing so, unlock the seventh and final word that Chariot was never able to unlock.

That's my prediction for how the last two episode could go, but I could be wrong though. =P
Jun 12, 2017 5:16 AM
Sep 2012
Well that was a tear jerkier but in a good way. Figured Dream Fuel Spirit was a Croix's experiment. Not that, that excuses Chariot's role in this, she it was an experimental stage and still used it, and when the pressure got to her she used it again even though she knew the truth. Still seeing Chariot as a little kid, she is so much like Akko, it is not even funny.

And Diana as usual MVP of the episode, first of all like I predicted she uncovered Chariot's identity on her own, I told you back in episode 15 when she was going to do some research on Ursula, she was going to figure it out. I called it. Lotte and Sucy came to her for help when Akko was missing, as usual when there are problems, everyone looks to Diana, just like the teachers. But Diana wants to help, she cares about Akko to, so it is different this time. Also Diana and Amanda got along this episode, Akko really bringing people together without having to be there.

Diana found Akko and they had coffee together like adults to, that was so cute. Just like everyone thought, the solution to Akko's depression is for Diana to come out of the closet and reveal she was a Chariot fan to and was at that show and lost her magic and got it back, which gives hope to Akko. Diana just admitting her jealousy of Akko what a mature thing to do, I wish Akko admitted her own jealousy of Diana, but I think she knows. And of course I wish they hugged, but saving it for the finale after they save magic.

Chariot confronting Croix, this feels like Obi One about to fight Darth Vader, and we all know how that ended. And Chariot might feel so down on herself, that she feels the only way of redemption is death. Hopefully Akko and the others can get there in time before something terrible happens.

And we saw the differences in Chariot and Croix relationship to Akko and Diana's relationship. First of all key word jealousy. Compare how Croix handles her jealousy to Diana's, Diana handles things in a way more mature way, you can make the case that they and especially Diana are acting more like adults, than Chariot and Croix, Croix especially acting like a child when compared to someone like Diana. The adults can learn something from the kids.

Anyway really tearful episode but in a good way, though next episode might be more tearful in a bad way.
Jun 12, 2017 5:23 AM

Jul 2016
Where in the world is..AKKO KATSURAGI!!! Where the HELL ARE YOU?!?!?!

How do we follow a tragic end from the last episode? Why, with an equally tragic flashback, courtesy of Chariot du Nord. As it turns out, Chariot turned out to be a lone dreamer like Akko, whimsical yet with grades that can make a potato look like a valedictorian. Eventually she meets her friend, Croix, and together they..(Claimh Solais goes to Chariot instead of Croix).....well, shit. Chariot eventually hits Broadway and begins her journey for the stars, hoping her making others happy will help her find the seventh word. Unfortunately, her shows become less popular and she had to resort to Croix's plan 'Dream Fuel Spirit', and we all know how THAT went. What makes this flashback so heartbreaking is that, remember that line, "A believing heart is magic"? Croix was the one who coined it and gave it to Chariot. The aspirant hero who turned to the dark side, was the one who gave her the words of hope. It also shows Croix as being a hero who never had the chance to cross the threshold.

Eventually Diana got wind of Akko's breakdown from Chariot and her friends get wind of her losing her flight power being the cause (They don't know about Chariot though), and so they head off to look for her, EVEN Constanze's tiny bot joins in! Thankfully, Diana found her, in a freezing bench no less. They head over to the nearest sore and have a heart-to-heart conversation (*drags SAO's ear* come here NO come here..*punches SAO's face* THIS is how you do conversation in a store! NOT with #@$%%ing exposition *punches SAO again, because it feels good*) We finally get to hear Diana's side of the story and, for those of you who didn't catch her in the first episode, find out that she's a HUGE fan of Shiny Chariot (AUDIBLE GASP!) and that she also has Chariot's rarest premium card (it is as rare as the Shiny Premium Charizard card) She, along with her mother, went to Akko's country, just to watch her last show. As you would expect, she lost her magic powers. But eventually, she got them back, but by then, she faced social pressure and had to give up on following Chariot, growing distant from her(BUT not AS distant, since she went to Luna Nova BECAUSE Chariot studied there).

And that is when she met Akko, the one girl who didn't give up and is the closest to Chariot. THIS was why Diana didn't like her in the first place! Not because she was from a lower class from her, not because she had sub par magic, and not because she was a riot in class. It's because she was the personification of Diana's childhood dream, and the fact that Akko's pursuing it, pissed her off! And for that, Diana gives Akko, the legendary premium Shiny Chariot card, and these 'oh-so-beautiful' parting words.

Truly, even the most manliest of man-tears would be shed at the mere mention of those words. Just ask team Dai Gurren.
And though Akko may never fly again, she can still get it back, as told by Diana: what you lost back then, CAN be regained.

With Akko's spirit back at full strength and her being spared from Amanda's wrath, over a cup of hot cocoa(?) no less; only one question remains, what's Croix up to now?
Well, she has powered up Noir Fuel Spirit and Chariot, looking for redemption, is facing her, mano a mano, planning on putting an end to the age old curse.
SirKnight007Jun 12, 2017 5:26 AM
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Jun 12, 2017 5:55 AM
Apr 2011
This Chariot card makes you nostalgic and fills you with determination.

... game saved.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 12, 2017 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
I kinda wanted this episode to be a bit more dramatic, but I guess Akko can't really get that much depressed than what we've seen. It's not in her lol.

Ursula waited until now to try to stop Croix. I feel that's not gonna end well for her. Either dead or gravely injured. Most likely the latter and Akko saving the day.

There are 2 episodes left and without a time skip I don't see how they're gonna conclude showing Akko basically as Chariot 2.0... at the same time I doubt they'll make a second season. Everything has been resolved. Is this the end of LWA? I get a little bit sad just from thinking about it.

I hope they don't rush things and have a perfect finale.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jun 12, 2017 8:42 AM
Oct 2016
SirKnight007 said:
Where in the world is..AKKO KATSURAGI!!! Where the HELL ARE YOU?!?!?!

How do we follow a tragic end from the last episode? Why, with an equally tragic flashback, courtesy of Chariot du Nord. As it turns out, Chariot turned out to be a lone dreamer like Akko, whimsical yet with grades that can make a potato look like a valedictorian. Eventually she meets her friend, Croix, and together they..(Claimh Solais goes to Chariot instead of Croix).....well, shit. Chariot eventually hits Broadway and begins her journey for the stars, hoping her making others happy will help her find the seventh word. Unfortunately, her shows become less popular and she had to resort to Croix's plan 'Dream Fuel Spirit', and we all know how THAT went. What makes this flashback so heartbreaking is that, remember that line, "A believing heart is magic"? Croix was the one who coined it and gave it to Chariot. The aspirant hero who turned to the dark side, was the one who gave her the words of hope. It also shows Croix as being a hero who never had the chance to cross the threshold.

Eventually Diana got wind of Akko's breakdown from Chariot and her friends get wind of her losing her flight power being the cause (They don't know about Chariot though), and so they head off to look for her, EVEN Constanze's tiny bot joins in! Thankfully, Diana found her, in a freezing bench no less. They head over to the nearest sore and have a heart-to-heart conversation (*drags SAO's ear* come here NO come here..*punches SAO's face* THIS is how you do conversation in a store! NOT with #@$%%ing exposition *punches SAO again, because it feels good*) We finally get to hear Diana's side of the story and, for those of you who didn't catch her in the first episode, find out that she's a HUGE fan of Shiny Chariot (AUDIBLE GASP!) and that she also has Chariot's rarest premium card (it is as rare as the Shiny Premium Charizard card) She, along with her mother, went to Akko's country, just to watch her last show. As you would expect, she lost her magic powers. But eventually, she got them back, but by then, she faced social pressure and had to give up on following Chariot, growing distant from her(BUT not AS distant, since she went to Luna Nova BECAUSE Chariot studied there).

And that is when she met Akko, the one girl who didn't give up and is the closest to Chariot. THIS was why Diana didn't like her in the first place! Not because she was from a lower class from her, not because she had sub par magic, and not because she was a riot in class. It's because she was the personification of Diana's childhood dream, and the fact that Akko's pursuing it, pissed her off! And for that, Diana gives Akko, the legendary premium Shiny Chariot card, and these 'oh-so-beautiful' parting words.

Truly, even the most manliest of man-tears would be shed at the mere mention of those words. Just ask team Dai Gurren.
And though Akko may never fly again, she can still get it back, as told by Diana: what you lost back then, CAN be regained.

With Akko's spirit back at full strength and her being spared from Amanda's wrath, over a cup of hot cocoa(?) no less; only one question remains, what's Croix up to now?
Well, she has powered up Noir Fuel Spirit and Chariot, looking for redemption, is facing her, mano a mano, planning on putting an end to the age old curse.

Said every word that I know I agree with. Croix unfortunately took the fact that "Shiny Rod" went to Chariot not so well. Besides the personal feeling of her with me that it's kind of stupid to do what she did because of that, she went on her own path to Grand Treskelion with her Noir Fuel Spirit. I already said how that's going to turn out, especially when you try to take it by force. Either way, Chariot didn't know about what the Dream Fuel Spirit until after Croix told her (she left that part out on purpose). Struggling to entertain her fans, she uses Shiny Rod, and left a star-like crater on the Moon, but that one would be the last time she would ever use Shiny Rod ever again, for she used it for something other than the Seven Words and reviving magic. And she was so close to the Seventh Word, had she knuckled down, she probably would have figured it out.

As for Akko, Diana was the first to find her and told Akko about herself and left parting words that will make people happy on the inside, thus Akko regaining her spirit once again, her heart mended. And we see Chariot facing off again Croix(although if you're going to face your former friend like this, make sure you get it over with instead of letting her get this far, it always equals being bad for you trying to stop her at that point now).
Jun 12, 2017 8:44 AM
Jun 2017
darkfeatherX said:
I get the feeling that Magic in LWA works very similar to spiral power in TTGL.
same, though at a smaller scale. Maybe this universe is the after math of the spiral nemesis. LOL
Jun 12, 2017 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
So Croix, he exploited Chariot from the beginning, for his own purposes, and then threw it away, what a weird person! Interesting about Chariot's past, I hope history does not end here.
Jun 12, 2017 10:57 AM

Oct 2012
Diana is so precious, I feel like the series stepped up quite a bit once it got to around ~20 eps when it started to work on Diana's character.
Akko and Diana are such a nice combo, their chemistry is great and they're so similar yet so different~

Hope the series stays strong for the last spurt
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 12, 2017 11:15 AM
Dec 2015
As always, a top tier episode from Little Witch Academia. Chariot's backstory showed some excellent directing, perfectly conveying her growing frustration, changing friendship with Croix, and ultimate dissatisfaction with herself and magic through just framing and body language, with dialogue feeling like conversation instead of exposition. I'm not really sure how much I buy Chariot scarring the moon out of frustration It isn't really unbelievable in her world or for her character, but it's difficult for me to understand being unable to control your emotions so much that one would be driven to go quite that far. It's not a major issue for me, and some of the dialogue feeling a bit too fluffy coming from Croix in that flashback is also just a small detractor.

I knew Akko would eventually learn of Diana's childhood and Chariot card, but I absolutely didn't expect Diana herself to reveal it to her in an intimate heart-to-heart. It ended up being another poignant moment that had me teary eyed for most of the conversation. Diana's progression from seeing Akko as an annoyance to gradually gaining admiration and eventually loving Akko has been beautifully foreshadowed and executed, and the conversation felt very natural and in character for her as a result of that. Akko has indeed done what Chariot did; She has inspired lots of people at Luna Nova, and it shows. I'm incredibly excited for the final two episodes, if also extremely sad to not have Little Witch every week anymore.

4.5/5
Jun 12, 2017 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
Honestly I am so sad that Lotte and Sucy has had like no screen time for such a long time, seeing them again felt so weird and that is such a shame because I like the two of them very much. It says that they are main characters so it's just like ?? where and what have they been up to? ? It truly sucks ...
But other than that, great episode! Diana is still best girl and Chariot is still second<3 I'm a little worried over how they will wrap things up but I'll just put my faith in this show. There is still so much I want to see with these characters and scenarios with the universe so I'll cross my fingers for a second season or another movie
Jun 12, 2017 12:26 PM

Jun 2015
totally teared up. I can't wait for Akko to find her magic and become a SPLENDID witch! Also, every time Chariot fires up I looove it!! This is definitely one of my all time fav animes :)
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
My favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Noragami, Kamisama Kiss, Carole & Tuesday, HunterxHunter, & Little Witch Academia.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
Jun 12, 2017 1:16 PM
Sep 2012
I got the feelings what Croix plan is, is going to backfire and she might face the wrath of the magic gods, and something similar is going to happen to her to what happened to Diana's aunt and cousins, though I don't know if this time she will be saved. You don't mess with the gods, just ask Diana's jerky relatives.
blfanJun 12, 2017 1:20 PM
Jun 12, 2017 1:21 PM

May 2012
Diana, mah girl. The episode was a bit of a tearjerker, I'll admit.
The 1-on-1 talk between her and Akko was great. Though she's fallen out of my top character favorites for LWA, it was nice to see Lotte again as well.

So, Croix was using Chariot, huh. I could've guessed that, but I guess Chariot still feels the guilt and responsible despite unknowingly causing them to lose their magic ability.

I wonder what the last word is. Maybe it's simply that, "a believing heart" which Chariot lost the moment she started performing those magic shows and became more obsessed with catering to their enjoyment than anything else.

Anyway, hoping for nice conclusion with the final two episodes.

Jun 12, 2017 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
Damn! These last few episodes have been excellent and this one is no exception. Diana was the star of this ep, and when she consoles and lifts the spirits of Akko is my favorite part. It was also epic on how all the girls teamed up to find Akko, with Lotte nearly overcome with sorrow and Sucy having the presence of mind to bring along Shiny Rod.

I'm at a loss for words about how much I liked it. I'll definitely have LWA on my re-watch list.
Jun 12, 2017 3:00 PM

Oct 2015
Beautiful episode :) Got pretty emotional and made me stay eager for the final showdown!

On another note, does anyone know how Diana knew that Chariot stole her and Akko's magic? If it was said in previous episodes, I forgot :s
Jun 12, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2016
Diana solidifies herself as a very strong character. A well written one with lots of depth :) This anime is ending soon :( I will miss it dearly. I want more of it!

Jun 12, 2017 3:33 PM
Apr 2008
The episode left me really disappointed by Chariot backstory. There were so many good ideas after last episode about what exactly led to that incident, great chance to build a model "less-than-perfect" idol! But no, again it was the fault of Croix the Supervillain exploiting extremely naive grad student with an intellect of five years old. In effect, the authors really dumbed down Chariot's character and turn the whole moral landscape black-and-white. Boring and very predictable.

Things are quite nice executed on Akko's side, even though the whole "Get over it" segment felt rushed, as they needed to compress it into one episode. Not surprising, as we have so few episodes left. But then the whole main conflict should've start an episode or two earlier. Other than that, I got warm feels from the whole "search and rescue" mission and talk between Diana and Akko.

And, of course, Diana is the best girl and the best character in the series, but that was evident from the very start. Actually, only because of Diana and Sucy I still continue to watch LWA (well, and to know the ending of course). I don't like Akko much, although she is quite relatable for me, it's just they try to stick her into the role of world saviour way too fast for my taste, and the plot only suffers because of it. Unfortunately, they destroyed any potential for Chariot, right when this potential has started to realize (basically, Chariot can be described by one sentence, that's not really a _character_ for you). They also killed Croix as a complex antagonist this very episode, which is really sad. Overall, I feel that the great potential this show had has been wasted.

P.S. Why do so many people in this topic like to retell the whole episode's plot? I'm not bitching, I just don't understand the point.
Jun 12, 2017 3:53 PM
Jun 2015
The only problem is they made croix into a standard villain where the ends justify the means. The effects of dream fuel spirit would be more interesting if it ended up being an accident from croix's experiment instead of her willfully lying by omission to chariot. It would have been more interesting if she was a character trying to find her own way to revive magic but made mistakes on the way then someone willfully carrying out experiments that would bring harm to others. I am disappointed in the handling of croix as an antagonist and would have been more interesting if she was an anti-hero in her own story. Maybe she will be redeemed in the finale but this was a pretty disappointing reveal.
Jun 12, 2017 4:24 PM

Nov 2015
I don't think the episode dumbed down Chariot. It would be completely out of character, as for Chariot and Ursula, not to be the naive girl she was. Also, it would hardly be well-developed in only 3 episodes. They had a char development line and they sticked to it, instead of trying to turn it 180º in the last second.

Something crossed my mind during the episode: Chariot wanted to make everyone happy with her magic but she failed to see how unhappy her own friend was. She was so busy trying to make non-witches happy that she didn't notice her magic was supposed to bring witches, and more importantly, her own friends, happiness too. At least, that's my point of view. Chariot failed because she was trying to accomplish this alone. Just like Akko now, she reached a point where she needed someone else's true help, but she was all alone.

Chariot's past and Akko's "revival" were foreseeable but they were really well-played. For the sake of plot coherence, cliché is sometimes unavoidable, the important thing is to play it good.

I still don't see Croix as a villain. She's just like Diana was at the beginning of the series, with even the same goal.

Nostalgik said:
On another note, does anyone know how Diana knew that Chariot stole her and Akko's magic? If it was said in previous episodes, I forgot :s

It's implicit that during the chat in this episode, Ursula told Diana about it.
Jun 12, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
usernome said:

Nostalgik said:

It's implicit that during the chat in this episode, Ursula told Diana about it.

Well, no, we saw the whole conversation. We saw Diana coming in, talking to Ursula, and then leaving. She didn't tell her anything this episode
Jun 12, 2017 4:38 PM

Nov 2015
Nostalgik said:
Well, no, we saw the whole conversation. We saw Diana coming in, talking to Ursula, and then leaving. She didn't tell her anything this episode

No. Diana comes at Ursula's door, tells about Akko, then she tells she knows Ursula is Chariot and she should have seen Akko at the city and then asks Ursula to tell her what happened. Then, Ursula says "I understand" while the "camera" changes to an outside view of Ursula's bedroom and then zooms in and Diana is saying something like "Oh, so Chariot's show stole Akko's magic?" in a surprise tone, while both of them are sitting on chairs inside Ursula's room. That camera shift and Diana's reaction are implicit ways to show they entered the room and Ursula told the whole thing.
Jun 12, 2017 4:55 PM

Oct 2015
usernome said:
Nostalgik said:

No. Diana comes at Ursula's door, tells about Akko, then she tells she knows Ursula is Chariot and she should have seen Akko at the city and then asks Ursula to tell her what happened. Then, Ursula says "I understand" while the "camera" changes to an outside view of Ursula's bedroom and then zooms in and Diana is saying something like "Oh, so Chariot's show stole Akko's magic?" in a surprise tone, while both of them are sitting on chairs inside Ursula's room. That camera shift and Diana's reaction are implicit ways to show they entered the room and Ursula told the whole thing.
Omg I literally looked away or something when Diana said that line! Ahahah Thanks for helping!
Jun 12, 2017 7:04 PM
Nov 2016
I thought that was Diana in the episode 1 crowd, I am really looking forward to seeing the story for this season play out, they are defiantly going in the rite direction. the wait is the only part I don't like in a currently airing show.
Jun 12, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2014
Croix's vindication sure was short-lived.

usernome said:

I still don't see Croix as a villain. She's just like Diana was at the beginning of the series, with even the same goal.

How so? I can't see Diana approaching the magic restoration at the expense of others, nor guilt tripping someone she tricked into becoming an accomplice. Croix succumbed to envy, Diana isn't so weak. A villain doesn't need a goal of pure evil. I actually prefer her slightly more gray status last episode.
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.