Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2017 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that was lewd. Like really lewd although I found it surprisingly realistic as well.

We got very tense character chemistry between Ebato and Hanabi. Yeah, she's not even trying to hide those feelings now. The Mugi/Hanabi relationship this episode was cute :3

At the same time, I like background storytelling. Really gives more depth for the characters like Mugi.
Jan 26, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
Interesting episode and it seems Hanabi learned a thing or two about love but she got more confused towards the end of the episode.
Akane seems to be having an interesting hobby as well.
This anime is getting more interesting with each episode.
Jan 26, 2017 11:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fuck man, i'm a little wreck already. This is fucking depressing, man.
Jan 26, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Yuri kissing was really good, I wanted more. XDD That being said, Ecchan is so pretty. Maybe she'll turn out to be my favorite. :3

Interesting backstory with Mugi as well, looks like he was already in a similar relationship in middle school, he slept with the girl as well.

Mugi and Hanabi scenes are great as usual, I was laughing so hard at the beginning of the whole boner incident. That being said, Mugi got to feel good. XD
Was really funny when Hanabi teased Mugi for having made her outfit dirty. XD
Pretty emotional scene there when Hanabi told Mugi that she wanted to try and love him, I felt really sad for her. Scenes like those always make me wish those two were a real couple :(

The cafe scene was quite something, Mugi trying to blind himself by staying positive about the teacher whose name for some reason always eludes me.
I suspect the teacher's innocent persona is just a huge front. Would I be wrong if I accused her of being a gold digger?
Lelouch0202Jan 26, 2017 11:57 AM
Jan 26, 2017 11:52 AM

May 2014
Oh my god, this show is utterly inept at showing drama, it literally spells out everything for you. That is both insulting, yet hilarious to me.

Never mind that the plot threads are non existent. The characters have the personality of wet noodles.
It's like listening to a bad high school fanfic.

Laughed all the way through, amusing schlock, but truly nothing of substance to be gained as a viewer. Heck, it would be just better if it was a hentai series.
Jan 26, 2017 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
That ending. Akane's looking a little bitchy there. She's prob not as innocent as she pretends to be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2017 12:02 PM

Nov 2014
This might be the most sexually mature anime I've seen. I really hope it does well, and is the start of a new trend. Anime could benefit from a bit more maturity.

Kudos on having an openly gay character instead of the usual "implied" stuff. Sanae's scene would have been better though if she didn't shove her tongue down Hanabi's throat without consent.

Hanabi has fallen in love with Mugi, and something is up with Akane. All the love triangles or polygons are making my head spin, but in a good way.

I'm loving this show.

5/5
aikaflipJan 27, 2017 7:04 AM
Jan 26, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Ecchan really likes Hanabi, but Hanabi doesn't feel comfortable touching her. She's more comfortable with Mugi. The backstory for him was nice. I laughed when Hanabi saw his erection. The cafe scene was awkward for Mugi and Hanabi. Akane is definitely hiding something.
Jan 26, 2017 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
T3hSource said:
Oh my god, this show is utterly inept at showing drama, it literally spells out everything for you. That is both insulting, yet hilarious to me.

Actually, this is a very conscious decision of the show. Kuzu no Honkai is a very delicately written character study. What I find humorous is that even though it does spell things out, you clearly fail to comprehend it.

Never mind that the plot threads are non existent. The characters have the personality of wet noodles. It's like listening to a bad high school fanfic.

q.e.d.

Hanabi has the personality of a wet noodle? Ecchan? Moca? I'm willing to bet that if you had to summarize the personalitites displayed in the episode, including with their motivations, you couldn't come up with anything.

Sorry man. I think Pokemon might be a better match for you.
Jan 26, 2017 12:09 PM
Jan 2016
I love reading the comments to this anime. Seeing people surprised 3 eps in is really fun when you know what lies ahead down the road.
Jan 26, 2017 12:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

Yuri kissing was really good, I wanted more. XDD That being said, Ecchan is so pretty. Maybe she'll turn out to be my favorite. :3

Interesting backstory with Mugi as well, looks like he was already in a similar relationship in middle school, he slept with the girl as well.

Mugi and Hanabi scenes are great as usual, I was laughing so hard at the beginning of the whole boner incident. That being said, Mugi got to feel good. XD
Pretty emotional scene there when Hanabi told Mugi that she wanted to try and love him, I felt really sad for her. Scenes like those always make me wish those two were a real couple :(

The cafe scene was quite something, Mugi trying to blind himself by staying positive about the teacher whose name for some reason always eludes me.
I suspect the teacher's innocent persona is just a huge front. Would I be wrong if I accused her of being a gold digger?
She's not a gold digger but you'll see the truth soon...I'm surprise you didn't pick up on a certain scene though
Jan 26, 2017 12:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
But god damn this episode was LEWD af lol....A lot of people will be aroused by it I bet xD
Jan 26, 2017 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
For me, the highlights of this episode were the various facial expressions, especially from Hanabi (who is growing on me quite a bit, actually much more than during the manga). I like her intelligence, self-awareness and general perceptiveness - except for Ecchan, whose feelings she did not pick up in time.

I wouldn't say that she is already falling for Mugi. She is clearly suffering in her current predicament, and she'd wish to break out of her cage of empty loneliness. But she's still in love with "oniichan". What she has with Mugi is companionship, which she would like to develop into love - but she's crying while saying so.

Well then, on to the meat of the show :)
Jan 26, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2016
okay so it got more and more depressing with the relationships and pasts of characters still i like that not gonna lie i enjoyed this episode
Jan 26, 2017 12:21 PM

Feb 2011
I cannot be the only one who feels as if the episodes are super short, right guys?

Jan 26, 2017 12:25 PM

Jan 2016
I feel so confused, i normally don't like animes that get very "intense" and all but i'm odly enjoying this, and i mean ALOT
Jan 26, 2017 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

She's not a gold digger but you'll see the truth soon...I'm surprise you didn't pick up on a certain scene though

Oh. Well, I'll wait for the 'truth' to be revealed then. Wonder what I missed out on. :o
Jan 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2009
CanzonE said:
I cannot be the only one who feels as if the episodes are super short, right guys?

Quoted for truth. Which is actually evidence how good this show is.

Frankly, I usually can watch romance-centered anime only bit-by-bit, with halts and breaks in between, to regenerate from corny nonsense. KnH is wonderfully devoid of that. If possible, I'd want to watch the next episode _right away_.

Not many animes succeed in making me feel like that.
Jan 26, 2017 12:27 PM
Nov 2016
This episode delivered so many feels.... Daaaamn......

The Mugi and Hanabi chemistry is cute to the point of perfection and the tension between Hanabi and Ecchan just teases us, this particular new relationship needs a lot of exploration. This episode also delivered some memorable lines. I really really like the way that this show uses philosophical themes to back the characters. That smirk on Akane's face when Hanabi asked her if that guy was her boyfriend said a lot about her character, the manga fans will know, the next episode is about yo be great. In short, this was a really good episode, perhaps the best one so far.
thesarcasticguyJan 26, 2017 12:37 PM
Jan 26, 2017 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
I fucking love the melancholic piano music toward the end, it goes up and up with some strings. So beautiful, I'm addicted. On top of it we hear Hanabi's voice. It was the same music they used in the first episode when they made this silly promise.

In this episode, it looks like Hanabi and Mugi aren't exactly on the same "level", sadly.
Jan 26, 2017 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
This is brilliant, but it's really starting to get properly depressing for everyone involved now. I thought Mugi's reluctance to have sex with Hanabi before was out of some form of kindness or something, but it seems to me that he might be at least partially scarred and confused by his experiences from junior high. As for Hanabi, she's essentially stuck between a rock and a hard place, not only conflicted about her feelings towards Mugi and Narumi but also having Ecchan's feelings for her and Noriko's feelings for Mugi weighing on her mind. Not much fun for Ecchan or Noriko either, both having feelings that clearly seem to be unrequited and, in Ecchan's case, highly confusing for her to cope with. One thing's for sure, Akane's innocent personality is all too obviously an act, though that's making it hard for me to discern what she really is and what her relationships with Narumi and the other guy are.

Can't wait for more of this, no matter how depressing it gets.
Jan 26, 2017 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
Really amazing episode!
Jan 26, 2017 12:36 PM

Jan 2017
Preview for episode 4 is already out, in japanese though:

Jan 26, 2017 12:37 PM

Aug 2015
I'm just waiting for the episode Maury Povich turns up
Jan 26, 2017 12:37 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Woah that Hanabi & Ecchan kiss.

Good to know more about Mugi & his past with Mei.
LOL Hanabi showing up in Mugi's room. Got a bit excited.

Hanabi wants to try & love Mugi.
Akane not as innocent.
Santoryu_XBurnerJan 26, 2017 12:52 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 26, 2017 12:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Dear god

This might seriously be the best romance anime in years. I can't recall the last time I saw something with this kind of atmosphere and portrayal of relationships

Zero fucks given
Jan 26, 2017 12:44 PM

May 2014
Mentar said:
Hanabi has the personality of a wet noodle? Ecchan? Moca? I'm willing to bet that if you had to summarize the personalitites displayed in the episode, including with their motivations, you couldn't come up with anything.
The characterizing is done in 2 words: unrequited love

My investment: fuck all

See the problem?
Jan 26, 2017 12:49 PM
Aug 2013
SchwingBoner said:
That ending. Akane's looking a little bitchy there. She's prob not as innocent as she pretends to be.

When i saw this my bitch detector literally exploded, lol. That women literally cant be innocent.
Anyway good episode, would have liked if Hanabi talked to ecchan a bit more though.
Jan 26, 2017 12:53 PM

Apr 2016
SakurasouBusters said:

Believe me ...

Use some spoiler button.
Ysad_ZiwezhanJan 26, 2017 3:02 PM
Jan 26, 2017 12:56 PM

May 2008
MY GOD.

THE TEACHER'S A SKANK.

Jan 26, 2017 12:56 PM

Jan 2009
T3hSource said:
The characterizing is done in 2 words: unrequited love

My investment: fuck all

See the problem?

Yes, the problem is that this is no anime for you at all. Solution: Drop it.

But you remind me of someone trying to review "The Seven Samurai" in the original japanese version without being able to comprehend Japanese, and who complains that it's just a soulless butchery - because you can only see the pictures.

Seriously. If you still have no access to the characters, you're wasting your time.
Jan 26, 2017 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
Urghhhh everything is such a mess (including Hanabi's clothes, lol). One week is way too long, I want to know more but I don't want to ruin the experience of watching the anime by starting to read the manga now. This is suffering.
Jan 26, 2017 12:57 PM

Apr 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Is it fun to spoil?

Use some spoiler button.

Yeah seriously. I don't like how so many people feel the need clarify how ones stance towards a character is supposed to be later on. Like because of all the subtle hints I knew the sensei was hiding some "interesting" side to her before the show itself even told me it.
Jan 26, 2017 1:01 PM

May 2014
Mentar said:
Seriously. If you still have no access to the characters, you're wasting your time.

Then please enlighten me, what am I truly missing?
Jan 26, 2017 1:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
T3hSource said:
Mentar said:

At least you got the attention here unlike on your Reddit post Kappa
Jan 26, 2017 1:02 PM

Nov 2014
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
I fucking love the melancholic piano music toward the end, it goes up and up with some strings. So beautiful, I'm addicted. On top of it we hear Hanabi's voice. It was the same music they used in the first episode when they made this silly promise.

That music queue was chilling. I loved it, too. The tone and pacing of this show is very measured. It's tackling some heavy subject matter, but it's not hitting you over the head with it in a gaudy way, which makes it more emotionally accessible.
Jan 26, 2017 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
SakurasouBusters said:

Believe me ...

Is it fun to spoil?

Use some spoiler button.

All I said is that you will hate her, but whatever I apologize
Jan 26, 2017 1:07 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was really great... These 3 first episodes develiver more than the manga for me, and I feel like it's sightly different from what I felt when reading it.

Gosh, now I'm really expecting something amazing and potentially different coming from this anime :'D
Jan 26, 2017 1:10 PM

Jan 2009
T3hSource said:

Many very subtle things which flesh out the protagonist characters. For example, going through merely this episode without additional later knowledge, you could easily pick up ~15 new sides/details to Hanabi.

Your problem is: Because you don't care about Hanabi at all, picking up these details is not enjoyable to you. I can understand that. But why are you wasting your time with something you don't care for and don't find enjoyable?

"Unrequited love" is only the overarching theme. But we've had half a dozen characters now with unrequited love who are totally different and act totally different. I hope that you can see at least _that_.
Jan 26, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
I'm not even generally one for romance anime, but this show has been crazy good thus far.
Jan 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
Nice work going into detail like that. That is so rare.
Good episode, so much focus on the relationships.
Jan 26, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2015
What An Episode!!!!!
Jan 26, 2017 1:27 PM

Apr 2016
SakurasouBusters said:

All I said is ...

again?

People who didn't read the manga don't want to know who is/are "the bad character/s" or the one "they will hate" beforehand. I mean they are supposed to discover it along the way and have some surprise.
Jan 26, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
SakurasouBusters said:

All I said is ...

again?

People who didn't read the manga don't want to know who is/are "the bad character/s" beforehand. I mean they are supposed to discover it along the way and have some surprise.

Fair enough, I deleted my original post anyway.
Jan 26, 2017 1:33 PM

Aug 2016
If a few more people fall for Hanabi she'll be on her way to starting her own harem.
Jan 26, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2015
That blonde "princess" have it the easiest since she could express her feelings at least. Which usually means they can get over it easier.

I feel bad for Hanabi, she lost the one she love to a fake cheating school teacher. Meanwhile she tries to move on and is utterly rejected by Mugi though rather indirectly. The fact he calls out the teacher's name and being entirely blind proves it.
Meanwhile she can barely see Mugi as a replacement. Though now that she is in this mess, it is hard to get out of it. Especially since she don't want her "brother" to know.
Jan 26, 2017 1:46 PM
Jun 2016
Best anime this season, I think I'll start watching more dramas...
Jan 26, 2017 1:51 PM

Feb 2015
Bitch sensei is emerging!
really digging that ED tho

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Jan 26, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
"Onii-chan" is probably just a good husband material for that nympho teacher. I bet that Onii-chan is soon a cuckold of the year candinate.

And btw why this series is ranked below 8?
pronaldJan 26, 2017 1:59 PM
Jan 26, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
I'm probably being too emotional, but it was depressing as hell.
Of course, not in bad way.
That ost tho...
rsc-plJan 26, 2017 2:05 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.