Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
Well i just cried Watching the last episode of Poco's Udon world
so, there you go.
Dec 26, 2016 10:32 PM
Sep 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I cared about and felt connected to the characters, so all the craziness of the last however many episodes brought out a lot of emotions and tears.
Dec 26, 2016 10:51 PM

Sep 2015
I cried at the end of Aikatsu cause I realized that there would be no more. :( Aikatsu Stars is going to take a bit to get into, nothing will ever replace the spot the original gang holds in my heart.
Dec 26, 2016 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
I died when i watched the masterpiece that is Boku no Pico 👿👿👿👿👿👿👿👿👿👿
Jan 8, 2017 8:04 AM

Jan 2016
I cried at K-On! when Yui said , "We are gonna be so much better at next year's School festival." in their last year.
Jan 8, 2017 8:11 AM

Jul 2015
Bonelady said:
I cried at the ending of Ergo Proxy. It wasn't a tear jerking anime, but I felt so sad that this is over and everything is about to end. It was a first series that got me so much.

I cried 5 or 6 times on my rewatch :x. I must be growing old...

I think all my favs made me cry, and a bunch of other shows. Special mention to Mawaru Penguindrum, I was crying before the end of the first episode lol.
Jan 8, 2017 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
I legit shed a tear at the ending of r2 CG and the ending of the 1st arc of LB! EX (saya route).
Jan 9, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2017
I cried heavily at the Vanguard: Link Joker arc. Kourin being forced lose her memories after adjusting to her new life and even decided to join the evil Link Joker just to try to retain her current memories really got me.

For some reason people losing memories makes me cry more than people dying,
Jan 9, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2015
Several "non-feels" anime have made me cry. Notably:

Inuyasha - Anyone who has seen The Final Act will know which scene I'm talking about, and watching it dubbed made it even more emotional.

Donten ni Warau - Yep, we know which episode I'm talking about. That really got to me.

White Album 2 - I directly relate to this anime, so it's probably just me.

Azumanga Daioh - High School Nostalgia...
Jan 9, 2017 1:18 PM

Aug 2016
Death Notes ending got me totally off-guard and I cried so hard, it ruined me for days lol. I already got spoiled on the end but seeing Light all go crazy was painful to watch.
Ah and Sousuke's story near the end of Free! Eternal Summer.. I cried half an hour straight and it wasn't even that sad.
Jan 9, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2016
The only anime to ever make me cry was End of Evangelion, at the moment when

It was such a triumphant moment for a character that had been through so many horrible things. A beautiful action scene, a beautiful character moment, and they ended up taking it all away afterwards. The whole movie was an emotional thrill ride, but that moment still gets to me.
Jan 9, 2017 1:33 PM

Jan 2014
I don't think I've ever really cried in any anime, or while watching any movies for that matter. I just don't get emotional like that while watching something.

Katanagatari was probably the only one that I really remember giving me the "feels" at one point though, anyone who's seen the show knows what I"m referring to :D.
Jan 9, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2014
I think I actually cry more at anime that aren't generally "feels" anime...stuff like that usually comes off as melodramatic to me- like the creators trying too hard to make me cry. I guess I'm just not a big fan of the whole slice of life drama stuff that usually does that...NagiAsu, Clannad, Charlotte, Anohana, Air etc. etc (most Key anime).

I cried a lot during Gintama- equal parts tears of laughter and sadness might I add...extra kudos bc it made me cry over a bloody vending machine.
Also, does Hunter x Hunter (2011) qualify as a "feels" anime?? Because there were some ridiculously heart-wrentching moments that made me drown in a flood of my own tears.

Tbh tho, I always feel like I cry at the "wrong" moments- by that I mean at the moments that aren't intended to be the saddest parts. For instance in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders I didn't cry when

By rights, I should've been grossed out, not crying tears of sadness!! Sometimes I don't get my brain at all...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2015
I came pretty close to shedding a tear or two when:
(Naruto Shippuden spoiler)

Also the ending for Planetes gave me some minor feels, just another happy ending to a show I liked

Those probably count as feels scenes, but that's all I can come up with other than Your Lie in April, Angel Beats, etc lol
Jan 10, 2017 6:36 AM

Dec 2015
On the brink of crying, absolutely yes! Not very rare to be honest.
Actually crying? Cannot remember.. :3

Sometimes the perfect timing of events, animation and music can give me a sense of being struck right in the feels, although scenario-wise everything is 'normal'. :/

But then again, the bright alternating colours in the pokemon/porygon episode can nearly drive me to a seizure, so maybe I generally react that way cause my brain is 'weak'! :P
Jan 10, 2017 6:40 AM

Mar 2016
Making me cry is easy af. Even if it's not feels i'll cry and cry and cry.
Jan 10, 2017 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
It's not easy to make me cry, but in Digimon Tri, when

Also some episodes of Natsume Yuujinchou (sometimes because of the individual stories, sometimes for Takashi's memories), parts of Noragami (especially the Manga) and the background stories of Sango & Kohaku and Inuyasha & Kikyou in Inuyasha achieved this. Oh and Yuri on Ice almost made me cry, but those were tears of joy. XD

Many Animes gave me strong feels, they just didn't make me cry, like Shigatsu, Plastic Memories, Ano Hana, Orange etc.
Much to my suprise, the Manga of Ao No Exorcist also gave me "the feels" so far. So, the
in the second episode plus the flashbacks did.
removed-userJan 10, 2017 5:43 PM
Jan 10, 2017 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
oddly enough i remember i teared up in OreImo, lol thats probably the weirdest one for me
Jan 10, 2017 10:39 AM
Jan 2017
It's difficult to cry for me for an anime/book/movie.... Videogames sometimes managed to do this; But if I had to cry due to an anime, probably i would cry for romantic scene, not for sad ones. I have to admit that the kiss between rias gremory and Issei on the Gryphon was very close... I don't know exactly why, maybe the particular moment in which i watched it, maybe also... but it is so emotional every moment i rewatch that... He makes me speechless
Jan 10, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
Yep. Gundam Seed, Code Geass, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Yuri!!! On Ice, K-On!!, Nagi no Asukara, Tari Tari, and Hikaru no Go.
Jan 10, 2017 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
I've cried several times watching One Piece.
Jan 10, 2017 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Fairy Tail, Assassination Classroom, Chobits, Danganronpa V3, the list goes on. I cry
fairly easily so its not too shocking.
Although only Clannad:AS actually did more then just make me cry, taught me some important things.
Jan 11, 2017 11:06 AM

Mar 2011
Didn't cry during Anohana, but i did cry at the end of TTGL
Jan 13, 2017 12:05 AM
Nov 2013
Aria
Because it ended
And I'll never see it for the first time ever again
Jan 13, 2017 4:54 AM

Dec 2015
RainyRai said:
I don't know what it takes to be classified as a feels anime in the first place.

To know this would requires "feels" being a real common name. (in that department, feel can only mean: "comprehension" "sensation (touch)", "impression/character of something")
Jan 13, 2017 5:06 AM

Nov 2014
I cry really easily. But the strangest of all was Non Non Biyori.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 13, 2017 5:17 AM
Nov 2016
Ich cried while watching Code geass.. that was my first time as well.
Jan 13, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2016
DAYS made me shed a few tears once or twice, in scenes that I firmly resonated with.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 13, 2017 8:38 AM

Aug 2015
Yes. watching boku no pico made me cry so much, my tear sacks broke. Now, I'm in a state of constant crying.
Jan 13, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2016
OmegaOtaku said:
Mirai Nikki. May seem like an odd choice to shed tears over, but there were a couple of times that I really couldn't help but shed some tears.

Damn... and I felt I would get lynched for confessing this.

Actually, this thread made me find my problem with Angel Beats and ToraDora. I expected them to be tearjerkers, so they didn't hit me much at the end. Most that did, hit me in the feels out of nowhere:
gensogripsJan 13, 2017 9:08 AM
Jan 13, 2017 8:55 AM

Feb 2014
Possibly in the end of the Hyou vs Guren fight in Ushio to Tora, tough this was supposed to be "feels".
And possibly in Shagakusha's story in the same anime, maybe because i found some relatable things.
Jul 3, 2017 7:56 AM
Apr 2015
i remember getting teary eyed at various digimon seasons
oh and gakkougurashi too but i think gakkougurashi can count as feels
Jul 3, 2017 8:00 AM

Oct 2014
is evagelion a feels anime?
because i cry watching that every fucking time
Jul 3, 2017 9:46 AM

Jan 2010
I cried easily so there is that.

OT:
I had said this multple times in multiple threads and I'm gonna say this again.

I, very unexpectedly, cried at the first couple episodes of Boku no Hero Academia. Simply because I can relate to the protagonist so damn much and the anime in general handle the scenes pretty well too.

It's almost similar like your fav moment with Lee, it's about facing a harsh reality, wishing for the impossible, faced with natural talent vs hard work, etc.

Drama in bromance/camaraderie hit me hard than any other type of drama will ever be.
Jul 3, 2017 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
I cry more of happiness than of sadness tbh, only Clannad After Story made me cry between all the "feels" anime.

Anyways, some random examples where I cried include FMAB, Parasyte, Gakkougurashi, Gosick, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Death Parade and Space Brothers.
Jul 3, 2017 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
I cried tears of joy and sadness with Gintama

and I cried in One piece when
more than when
for some reason.
Feb 11, 2018 4:24 PM
Feb 2018
i'm new here.

from k-on, digimon adventures seaosn 1 and digimon tri. as well as the dark side of dimensions yu-gi-oh
Feb 11, 2018 4:37 PM

Nov 2016
Actually over a lot of shows.

But to name a few,I'm just gonna quote myself.

FMmatron said:
I shed one or another tear of joy over some sports anime like Hajime no Ippo, Kuroko no Basket or Haikyuu!!.

It made me really happy to see how the protagonists overcome an overhelming enemy through hard work and team spirit.

Edit: Got to add K-On!! and Aria to that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 12, 2018 2:31 AM

Oct 2012
Not an anime but I cried reading the Berserk manga the other day. That shit cam be pretty real.
Feb 12, 2018 6:57 AM

Jan 2010
I cried the hardest in not "feels" anime
such as:

Gintama
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia
Feb 12, 2018 9:20 AM
Jul 2015
I don't really cry when i watch anime. Just sad af. Tho the only time i cried is when i watch some real funny shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2018 9:24 AM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
I'd say I tear up at at least 20% of the anime I watch, and full-on cry at 10%.

...I cry a lot.

Feb 12, 2018 9:33 AM

Jul 2017
xNinjo said:

Have you guys cried during an anime that isn't Clannad, Angel Beats, Anohana, etc? If you did why?
Haven't watched Clannad, didn't but nearly cried at Angel Beats, and Anohana, well... I'm glad no one was watching me.

Feb 12, 2018 9:44 AM

Sep 2017
i cried over the final 3 eps of fmab because of how good it was, and i was just sad that i was nearly done with a great anime. that ending was so damn satisfying and epic but still made me have a hole in my heart.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 12, 2018 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
xNinjo said:
Lee being born without the ability to use any ninjutsu and genjustu poured his heart, blood, tears, sweat, and soul into mastering taijutsu but he had to face the cold and sadistic natural genius Gara and to top all off he had the 1 tailed beast. Watching Lee struggle in that fight was inspirational

Yeah, this moment was probably the hardest I ever cried at any anime, 'feels' or no 'feels' (I don't really know how many I've seen like the ones OP mentioned)

Also jojo because of two character deaths
And haikyuu especially when I was reading it because it felt so bittersweet every time a team lost, even if it was some random team
Feb 12, 2018 12:26 PM

Jan 2018
Yeah I have multiple times or I've felt sad, but not to the point of crying.

Some anime just have the pull when they make you become attached to the story and characters. I found that it happens a lot to me for shows that finally come to an end. Simply knowing that the story is no longer going to carry on and you no longer will be able to see the characters grow brings a bit of sadness to my life. Only some series have been able to make me feel this way though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 3x3/Grid thread

Johan420 - Apr 28

13 by Entity72 »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - 53 minutes ago

7 by luisfunes99 »»
4 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Yesterday

28 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
5 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 3 hours ago

29 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

76 by ST63LTH »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.