Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kiss Him, Not Me
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 24, 2016 5:37 PM

Sep 2010
Moderately disappointed. Would've rooted for a Shima or Sempai ending. Nonetheless, it does make a fun ending and one that's overall fitting to the show.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Dec 24, 2016 6:27 PM

Feb 2012
Really was hoping she'll choose senpai. He's the only guy who likes her genuinely, not because of her looks/transformation. They were friends when she was fat and had no problems about it. Hopefully there's a future continuation.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 24, 2016 6:45 PM

Apr 2013
My ships need to start sailing ASAP. Mutsumi x Serinuma all the way. Nevertheless I haven't smiled uncontrollably at an anime for a while.

7/10 I'll find closure in the volumes I just bought.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 24, 2016 7:35 PM

Sep 2014
Fun episode. Although I'm disappointed that she didn't pick anyone in the end. If a second season comes out I hope she actually chooses someone, because I can let something slide twice in a row.

Light 7/10.
Dec 25, 2016 12:41 AM

Jan 2011
It was funny. I basically watched for Yuu Kobayashi because every characterization she does is bound to make me laugh. Did not disappoint in that department.

So for what this show was, a comical reverse harem at it's core, I didn't mind it. It was pretty humorous, most of the episodes were enjoyable with only a few being more boring than entertaining, art was very visually appealing, soundtrack matched very well. All the characters had their own air about them which created an interesting group dynamic which didn't turn completely stale. Didn't expect too much one road romance which is unfortunate. So with all that said it was a fun ride but nothing memorable for this genre. 6 or 7/10 haven't fully decided yet.
Dec 25, 2016 4:40 AM

Jun 2013
This was one of the funniest shoujo I've seen a while. I usually hate shoujo and shit on it on every moment I get. I hate typical shoujo where the MC is a stupid, plain girl with absolutely zero redeeming qualities and all these guys fall for her (same reason I hate harems and reverse harems) but in this case the MC is a fujoshi who prefers shipping the guys with each other which made it a lot funnier. I thought I would drop it after a couple episodes but ended up finishing it and even reading the manga.

I also love the voice actress, Kobayashi Yuu who voiced Saa-chan in Gintama. I love how she can sound like a perverted, maniac/stalker and sound like a sweet princess at the same time. I know some people hate her airy/nasally voice but I think it adds to the humor.

I'm thinking it didn't do well with sales since most shoujo don't do well as harems and shit but IF it did I would watch the second season.
臭い-
Dec 25, 2016 4:53 AM

May 2016
My fall animes are ending T_T .. I guess I have to look forward for the winter season.SENPAI DESERVES ALL THE LOVE HE CAN GET!!!. I have to look forward for a Season 2 :D Cha!! 10/10 for the anime
Dec 25, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2009
It has always been clear and apparent that Senpai is the best. This episode only confirms he is the best.

That being said it was kinda obvious that the season would end with her still picking none of them. But if she was to realistically pick who would be the best love interest it's obviously Senpai followed by Nishina (I put Nishina second because 1) Serinuma worship her more than loves her, 2) although she's into BL she that doesn't translate into her being lesbian, oh and finally because Senpai is the best).

Those two are the best options because they share the same interests and she honestly has the most fun with them. The other 3 are just really good friends. Igarashi knows how to be intimate but that makes her uncomfortable if not a little flattered, tbh. Nana knows how to have fun, but that's what a friend is. And finally kouhai-kun is seriously more like a little brother/friend (lol she even says that). Even if he has his dependable side that doesn't elevate him to bf mode. They don't have any shared interests they wouldn't have a fulfilling relationship (also none of the last 3 can cope properly with her crazy fujoushi self.)

Although I knew in the end she would choose none of them it's kinda annoying how she said she would face them seriously (so showing development) and yet still reverts back to not facing them. She should have just outright said she wasn't into any of them, or at least still hasn't found her answer. Instead she rants about wanting to be with a fictional character (mind u i will rant that Sesshomaru-sama is my husbando to the end of time, but I'm not so mentally ill as to let that affect real life)

Man i could write an essay explaining why senpai is best. Senpai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 25, 2016 2:48 PM
Apr 2016
endlessongaku said:

What chapter is that??

Spoiler: chapter 36 of the manga, in order to answer.

I hope they'll make a season 2, because there's just so much I want to watch animated! Even the manga is inconclusive right now. :)
Dec 25, 2016 3:43 PM
Jun 2015
TaeRim said:
I ended this anime because of her. Without her it was 4/10 and with her it's 6/10.

god bless this girl

Yeeeees love her!!! <3
Dec 25, 2016 4:10 PM

Feb 2013
Great anime just like the manga. They adapted it really well.

Senpai FTW

8/10
Dec 25, 2016 5:43 PM
Mar 2010
Wow, this sucked so hard...
I was on 7/10 until this last episode, because this just wasn't very good...
But this last episode , from minute 1, when they entered the route of "choose one of us", it was obvious this was going nowhere. So predictable that some ultra cliche thing would happen like "I just want to be together with all of you", or some stupid shit like that.
And well, it happened, chose anime guy over them.
And don't give me that "it is in her character" bullshit, if she is that stupid, then fuck everything.
Really, changed score from 7/10 to 5/10 just because of this last episode. Sigh.
Dec 26, 2016 2:47 AM
Mar 2012
Even if cringing at tropes, had a lot of fun, lots of funny moments & good vas.
Go Mutsumi senpai.
Dec 26, 2016 5:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mutsumi-senpai is just brilliant. I'll just go ahead and say that he and Serinuma are canon :P

7/10, fun series.
Dec 26, 2016 6:16 AM

Oct 2013
The only thing i dislike is the voice of serinuma...

Mutsumi was the best of the gang though...

6/10
Dec 26, 2016 4:35 PM

May 2015
Oh well. Serinuma didn't end up with any of them and instead chose Shion. Though that makes sense as this show was mostly comedic and a big romantic payoff for an ending wouldn't really fit. I really enjoyed the comedy centering around the fact that Kae's an otaku and I also thought Mutsumi was best boy.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Dec 26, 2016 5:17 PM

May 2015
Of course Kae picked the fujoshi route, lol. Couldn't expect anything less. It has been an enjoyable ride. 7/10.

Dec 27, 2016 12:49 AM

Dec 2012
Shion is her true lover, I expected this, but I was hoping that she will discover how Mutsumi is incredible. It was a good anime.
Dec 27, 2016 10:35 AM
Mar 2016
So in the end everyone got rejected.
Dec 27, 2016 3:02 PM
Jun 2016
I'm a little sad she didn't choose Senpai, after all, he's the only one who really liked her for who she was regardless of looks from the start, even if he didn't know it. Honestly, he's the boldest of them all and in my opinion is the clear best choice. Shima's pretty cool, too, but it's okay that Serinuma didn't choose any, I guess. A little anticlimactic though.

Overall a pretty decent anime, 6/10
Dec 28, 2016 12:42 AM

Jun 2016
I am actually really annoyed at the ending of this anime. This was a 12 episode investment and it ended on a terrible note with her blowing off these people who spent time and money with her.... I liked Igarashi and Mutsumi; probably Mutsumi more because of his sweetness and character.
Dec 28, 2016 7:59 PM

Dec 2016
I liked how they all asked at the same time, I also had a feeling should would go out with them one after the other and choose a fictional character instead of one of them.

That alpaca was so funny how it looked at them and then spat on the ground.

I do hope there is a 2nd season.
Dec 28, 2016 8:57 PM

Feb 2012
I was rooting for three of the five, but now I'm 95% Mutsumi-senpai because they were all being so childish about him wanting to tell her his feelings. Serinuma needs a calming direct guy in her life, not that pettiness.

The other 5% is for Nishima because, let's be honest, they'd be great together. I really like how Seinuma didn't care that she was a girl - she went on a date and considered her anyway. Right on!

It was obvious she wasn't going to pick them so for that I'm not that happy with it, but it's still funny and I'm glad they went back to the whole premise of this show - which was her obsession with fictional guys. If this show gets a second season I do hope she picks Senpai, though. No cop-out. This girl needs to learn to face real people.
Dec 29, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2010
Serinuma pls, join some dots.

And it turns out I don't like Mutsumi like in the 1st two episodes. Ironic, isn't it? I grew to like the other unperfect people more. In-fact, my fav is Kazuma and he's horrible.

Shima got the best confession.

Shinomiya got bro-zoned right away.

Eh, I guess Shima got the soulmate position so she ain't winning it. Shinomiya doesn't have much chance either. Mutsumi... I feel like he's too perfect. It's between Nana and Igarashi I think. I hope Igarashi wins in the end but I don't really care lol. Kae barely developed after her intense development right at the start. Shima and Kazuma were the most entertaining. Kae would be, as well... but I couldn't feel her much for the last 4-5 episodes so I am like whatever now.

6.5/10 for this.
Dec 29, 2016 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
Serinuma tested all 4 Guys and 1 Girl just like an Otome game and the end result, she's still delusional about her fujoshi fantasies especially Shion from Mirage Saga...which is a friggin' fictional character!
4/5.
8/10. - because of enjoyment and hilariousness!

Dec 30, 2016 5:22 AM

Oct 2008
Looks cannot be deceiving. A author who only wrote yaoi manga now finally has a series aimed at the fujoshi/female otaku crowd and pander as hard as possible with tons of wish fulfillment? Oh I guess that could be pretty good, right?

Yeah right,guess not.

The romance genre in anime has become a fucking joke...
Dec 30, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2007
eeek,so many people here are no fun,too serious.......

anyway,the fuckin alpaca that spat on the ground killed me lmao

(i am aro so i very much enjoy lack of romance and this was perfect for me...i rather watch parody and comedy than something with actual real romance)
Dec 30, 2016 9:25 AM

Jan 2015
Like Otome game reference. good anime 8/10
Dec 30, 2016 9:44 PM

Mar 2016
That ending...such a tease! Not that I didn't see it coming, it was a reverse harem after all.

Still loved this show though, because it consistently made me laugh. I also really loved how diverse the relationships in this show were. I'm really glad that Shima was actually in love with Kae rather than just being an overprotective best friend or something...I think it really added to the show.

Any ideas on whether or not there will be another season? Would love to see an actual relationship from this show...I think my favorite for Kae would be Mutsumi or Shima.
BlondieDec 30, 2016 9:51 PM
Dec 30, 2016 10:12 PM
Dec 2016
I really liked it!

though, I think it needed to change the story a bit... Is Kae always gonna be interested in 2D boys than 3D??

I'm also confused is this the COMPLETE end of Watashi Ga or there is going to be another season?

please answer if you know! <3 thanks :3
Dec 31, 2016 11:57 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
In reality, everyone will get tired of that bullcrap except Shima and Mutsumi. But actually I find Shima and Kae's interactions to be really adorable. Sigh sigh.
This ending is just me so much though. lol
Sometimes, I feel like I'd tell people I'm already married and I'd just be talking about my husbando.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 1, 2017 3:12 AM

Jul 2012
Nice Anime, the ending wasn't very conclusive... but I didn't expect it to be lol

It was funny overall. I had no qualms with it OTHER THAN TWO THINGS:
1. Mutsumi's brother is gross and locked him in a locker. The Anime didn't take that very seriously.

2. When Mutsumi wanted to confess to her, everyone tried to stop it. That's so problematic of them even used as humour

I didn't care about the "fatphobic" jokes tbh. It's Japan.
Jan 2, 2017 4:18 AM

Oct 2013
hahaha, yup, i saw that ending coming
overall such a fun anime, really enjoying

"Hello."

Jan 2, 2017 9:23 AM
May 2016
She has chosen..................correctly.

Though seriously, I really liked this episode, and think she made the right choice in the end.
Jan 2, 2017 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
The finale episode kind of sucked.

It was a shitty way to cop out of her giving a decision on anything.

Sure I expected her to not say yes to anyone, but for her to just start screaming I LOVE SHION!!!! And then fucking explode out the door, that was just shitty. It was just a half-assed way to get out of it, and it could've been done better.

That aside, I enjoyed the show more than I expected too. I was expecting a lot of gay shit and a fujoshi fanservice paradise, but the BL "fanservice" never actually went anywhere and never crossed the line far enough for it to be anything more than comedy, which was nice.

Serinuma was pretty damn funny too, the jokes were good even about BL related stuff.

Wouldn't mind a season 2 because of the laughs, though I know there would still be no real conclusion.
Jan 3, 2017 4:30 AM

Jan 2011
Well I doubt anyone expected any other ending.
Jan 3, 2017 9:35 PM

Mar 2009
In the end, Sae is just like us! She chose 2D over 3D.
Expected that it would end like this, but too bad she didn't choose Nishina. Yuri end is the best end.

Overwall, though, funny show. Kobayashi Yuu is such a talented seiyuu.
Jan 4, 2017 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
FOUR hot boys and even a lesbian all want her badly, and she ends up picking a 2D character. Honestly not surprised as it's always who she was and this is a harem anime. You come to expect this sorta thing when you watch harem anime. I really think the show could've been so much better if she made a choice - no matter who it was - it would show that she's grown as a character. Btw, Mutsumi Senpai best boy.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jan 4, 2017 10:03 PM
Oct 2010
The senpai seemed like the only genuine person there, well nishmi as well. The three other dudes just seemed to be lusting vs actually liking her. It's funny that throughout the entire thing, even before her change the senpai never really treated her differently or looked at her like that until his "rivals" brought it up at the very end. He was always friendly with her and genuinely liked hanging out more than anything else.

I felt like the brother thing could have been handled a bit better though, I understand what they were going for but they were a bit too weird/creepy/extreme about it. I also feel like the ending could have been a bit better, something a long the lines of "I think if I chose one it might break up the group and I'm having fun right now. So I'll just turn them all down for now and see what happens later" maybe a little monologue like that could have helped it out.
Jan 6, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
I knew it would have an open ending. The series was alright, the thing I disliked the most about it was the lack of progression, and if the comedy is not to your liking, the series will feel very stagnant. I liked the last few episodes because senpai got some development and the guys finally decided to move forward by confessing, but up until that point the series felt fillerish.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 8, 2017 12:33 AM

Oct 2013
Ok, I will list the reasons why I didn't like so much this episode.
Before an advice: My eng sucks. (I tried).

GOD we had 11 episodes with the "I'm just doing this because of Serinuma-chan "bla bla bla talk for nothing! I was sick of these arguments (and the everyone's most horrible fear: Letting Kae alone with anybody) but I'd decided to wait until the last one to check it out and guess what? The feeling is that they will remain dumb rivals without even any confirmation of their friendships (besides of course, Kae-chan);

Asuma took 10 episodes to got it that he was just equal of everybody. WOAH.
Sorry I love him but he was special since the begining, he really pushed everyone to make the right thing (I got really impressed with all declarations at the same time, seriously I was literally WOW in that scene) but ... something maked him the same of others and I guess have being after the game challenge with his brother where he actually accepted compete for her. ble...

We all knew that Kae have only eyes for Shion but fujoshi people deserves some love in real life too. damn. How amazing it would be if Kae could just understand that. Even before he;

Yes, this end was just the same as the start. They had literally put the same scene of the beggining to the ending! Is it a mediocre way to suggest a second season? Because after this, I would like to. You know, it misses an end.

Now, I just think that Kae should be nominaded as friendzone's queen after this episode LOL At least, her answer was hilarious.
Jan 8, 2017 2:01 AM

Jul 2015
This show was a downward spiral of dick jerking. 3/10
Jan 8, 2017 12:35 PM

May 2009
Hate that in this kind of anime they almost never choose someone. Really: I'd rather have her choose a stupid character than no character at all. Hey animators, what about this: make an ending episode for each character so people can choose for themselves :'D

Anyway the anime was quite fun. Some things were dissapointing, but overall fine. 6/10
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 21, 2017 7:02 PM
Feb 2015
for a reverse harem it was quite the enjoyment
Jan 22, 2017 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
Zyukichan said:
Hate that in this kind of anime they almost never choose someone.

Read the manga, if you read it until the last available chapter there's a (possibly) definitive answer!!!
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 24, 2017 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
Decent enough finale, in the end she chose no one. Can't say we didn't see this coming

6/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 24, 2017 7:50 AM

Jan 2014
I kinda expect that she would choose 2D over 3D, but I wish she takes it seriously like she mean it.

and yeah, I also rooting for Senpai to win, since he's the only one cared for Serinuma before the event (before she become thin). I kinda hate to see other guys only fall for her because of her looks.

and for Nishina, I think she doesn't need to compete, since she's automatically become her soulmate.
Jan 26, 2017 8:52 PM

Nov 2013
That the guys tried to sabotage Mutsumi's confession was quite pathetic.

Nice dates with everyone. In the end, she chose a fictional character. I expected that somehow.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 1, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2016
I'd prefer if she actually chose someone, Asumi or Shima, but this ending is good enough.
Feb 18, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2016
Team Senpai!!!
Can't wait for a second season (if there is gonna be one), I really need this to be official already >~<
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

78 by carolcomecus »»
Apr 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

64 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 24, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

72 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 24, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

84 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 11, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2016

139 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 5, 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.