Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah more characterization on Takaki.

I thought the episode was alright for a buildup again. Hope this isn't a death flag although likely I have to admit though, Takaki has starting to grow to me as a character. Didn't really care much about him before but I do see that he has a decent fighting spirit in him for Tekkadan and what he believes in fighting for. Next week should be interesting with the fighting.
Stark700Nov 6, 2016 7:43 AM
Nov 6, 2016 1:40 AM

Feb 2013
Man they zipped through those 3 weeks! And they reached Earth with no problems. I'm shocked.

And the war is on, these land battles seem so gritty and harsh. You just feel so annoyed that no one is getting rid of Galan and Radice. And then I like how Radice's evil is accented by the infamous GREEN LIGHT OF DOOM! LOL

And Rustal is just sitting pretty in space while his evil plan is causing the unnecessary deaths of so many. Ugh!

And so many death flags for Takaki and Aston...:(
Nov 6, 2016 2:19 AM

Nov 2009
Poor poor child Takaki, being used and unable to do anything about it. That outburst and him shouting 'since when Galan became the leader of Tekkadan' is the best he can do. Yeah, he's definitely no Orga, unfortunately for him and his comrades.
Irenesharda said:
Man they zipped through those 3 weeks! And they reached Earth with no problems. I'm shocked.
They're intentionally being held at the doorstep by bureaucracy though, but that won't stop Eugene for long.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 6, 2016 3:17 AM
Feb 2015
I really hope Mika shoot both Galan and Radice in the head. Seems like McGillis might be the one who made it possible for Tekkadan to enter earth, it's weird that he opted to deploy now of all time. It's as if he was waiting for this moment.
Nov 6, 2016 3:19 AM

Dec 2014
Very Good episode.

So this entire war of attrition was set up by Rustal just to damage McGillis's reputation and position? That's really sad for the people fighting in this war.

Can't help but feel for Takaki as he fights through this war being manipulated and used by Galan and Radice. The best he could do was shout when Galan was called Captain, but in the end that's all he was able to do. :(

I really liked it when Takaki talked Aston out of the thinking that they were still Human Debris. Though the sad fact remains that the way they're being used right now is very similar to the Debris condition.

No diplomatic borders are gonna stop Tekkadan from reaching their comrades, The real question is can they reach them before something tragic happens. In fact Tekkadan fighting in this war is entirely pointless since Orga agreed to ally himself with McGillis, Sadly no one on Earth Tekkadan knows that cause communications were cut off. :(

Here's to hoping that none of the death flags come true.
Nov 6, 2016 3:54 AM

Mar 2016
Next episode title: My Friend
Someone's SOOOOO gonna die
No seriously.
Nov 6, 2016 4:03 AM

Jan 2016
Bandai better release all those new Ms
Nov 6, 2016 4:19 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Biggest death flag i have seen. RIP Takaki.
Nov 6, 2016 5:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I need that bearded guy to die painfully and slowly and know he's been bested by kids when it happens.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 6, 2016 5:11 AM
Apr 2016
So Aston loses both Takaki and Fuka and meets Hush, becoming the next duo, opposed to Mikazuki and Orga's crusade, ultimately stopping it in the end. All about symbolism...
Re:formed
Nov 6, 2016 7:03 AM

Jun 2011
I hope they would disclose the political climate among the economic blocs further since I still find it difficult that the SAU would act so belligerent towards Arbrau. This is Gundam after all where world building is essential.

I'm also hoping Takaki and Aston overcome all those too obvious flags. It's getting to the point that "realism" has become a cliche in of itself.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Nov 6, 2016 7:43 AM
May 2014
Am I misunderstandng something here, or does this "genius" strategist really think Tekadan simply left after not being allowed to land?

Also, Galan confirmed as the new Ali al Sachez.
Nov 6, 2016 8:25 AM
Dec 2014
Don't worry Takaki, Biscuit will be waiting in Gundam Heaven.
Nov 6, 2016 9:16 AM

Nov 2009
yuriski said:
Am I misunderstandng something here, or does this "genius" strategist really think Tekadan simply left after not being allowed to land?
Btw yes, now that you mentioned. If he's really that stupid, then by all means, I want that sleazeball to live long enough to meet the kiddie boss, Orga, preferably in person so the kuso oyaji could see for himself how outclassed he is, and then for Orga to take him down a peg or ten in a tactical battle.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 6, 2016 9:40 AM

Sep 2014
Soo Im wondering a bit why McGillis is fighting earth tekkadan when he is allied with the main branch?
And what I truly dont understand is how sloppy the command structure of tekkadan is. Yes orga is ruling like a king and everything bows to his will. Mikazuki would probably come second in command but stays out of it because he is more into fighting at the front. Then they have a few officers in the middle and all the kids at the bottom. But why is earth tekkadan not directly linked to the main force? Why is an outsider the only link between the two forces and nobody is second in command on earth? I thought takagi was something like that?
Then why do they randomly follow a stranger? actually 2 strangers?
isnt tekkadan supposed to be in charge of the military?
This really bothers me in this season.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 6, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2011
Comander-07 said:
Soo Im wondering a bit why McGillis is fighting earth tekkadan when he is allied with the main branch?
And what I truly dont understand is how sloppy the command structure of tekkadan is. Yes orga is ruling like a king and everything bows to his will. Mikazuki would probably come second in command but stays out of it because he is more into fighting at the front. Then they have a few officers in the middle and all the kids at the bottom. But why is earth tekkadan not directly linked to the main force? Why is an outsider the only link between the two forces and nobody is second in command on earth? I thought takagi was something like that?

It's run like a youth gang, only with state and syndicate backing. It's kind of obvious that a group like them can be easily exploited.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Nov 6, 2016 10:16 AM
May 2014
Comander-07 said:

Tekkadan is Arbau's military advisor, i.e. they are suppossed to train their troops. Chad is in charge and Radice is more or less his equal as someone assigned by Teiwaz.
Takkagi is not so much a second in command as the oldest and "most experienced" among the kids.

Also, if you haven't noticed, our heroes aren't exactly a normal army.

As far as following Galan goes...well he is the commander of Arbau's troops and since Tekkadan is supposed to help them..
Nov 6, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2015
Wow. I don't know/care much about death flags but even I recognized them for Takaki. Looking forward to the next episode and to McGillils fighting.
Nov 6, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2011
I got a bad feeling about the next episode. Please let Takaki and Ashton live. Don't activate your kill'em all just yet Tomino.
Nov 6, 2016 10:51 AM

Jan 2008
Next episode is going to suck. Mikazuki and the rest of Tekkadan are going to be SO.FUCKING.PISSED. when they see what was going on. Man... I haven't hated Gundam antagonists so much in a while.
Nov 6, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
13:20 Lafter "I kinda like that about you" to Akihiro. The ship is real for em if Lafter is ever ummarried from Mr.Naze like I thought about it in the past :3

Dam it Mr.Galan is such a manipulator towards Earth Tekkadan. I really hope both Mr.Galan, & Radice end up with bullets in their heads soon without more Tekkadan soldiers dying.

Gosh I feel like Takaki is gonna die with the amount of death flags this episode.
Nov 6, 2016 11:44 AM
Mar 2016
C'mon Takaki you're clearly being used by Galan and you don't even know it.
Nov 6, 2016 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
i cant help but feel someone is gonna die next ep but at least the rest of the group will be back next ep so hopefully that helps but still cant shake this feeling that someone is gonna die
"one step at a time"
Nov 6, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2010
Lmao, Gundam and its obvious death flags as always. Wonder which of them will die next episode, will be sure atleast one.
Nov 6, 2016 12:02 PM

Dec 2011
Man death flags have been raising. >.<
At least the gang is coming back to Earth next episode.

I really hope they figure out that they are being used and the perpetrators.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 12:14 PM
Oct 2007
Death flags all around.. Hopefully I am wrong!

A "can't do anything" despite knowing something is going on episode.

Can't believe everything is played or started by just 2 rats..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
Ahegyao said:
Comander-07 said:

It's run like a youth gang, only with state and syndicate backing. It's kind of obvious that a group like them can be easily exploited.
yuriski said:

Well its actually not obvious, they have been abused by adults all the time and now nothing is wrong with them? And the main force has atleast people who take orders from orga directly and command the new ones around. I just wonder why they would create an earth branch when they have no real structure.
Comander-07 said:

Tekkadan is Arbau's military advisor, i.e. they are suppossed to train their troops. Chad is in charge and Radice is more or less his equal as someone assigned by Teiwaz.
Takkagi is not so much a second in command as the oldest and "most experienced" among the kids.

Also, if you haven't noticed, our heroes aren't exactly a normal army.

As far as following Galan goes...well he is the commander of Arbau's troops and since Tekkadan is supposed to help them..

Still its kinda weird how military advisors dont advise anyone and Chad seems not really like military capable for me.
This all is just a bit of a plot hole for me. But I guess they will tighten the command structure in the future after they know whats happening on earth
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 6, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
dayum son they death flagging hardcore this week

this is almost as gratuitous as those episode previews that straight up tell you who dies next week
Nov 6, 2016 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
I have a feeling Takaki will die while Chad survives. Takaki is going the way of Biscuit. That bearded guy is leader of Tekkadan Earth Branch to weaken Tekkadan in favor of Arianhood. Akihiro is looking good doing barbell lifts. I see Lafter Altland or Akihiro Frankland lol! I wonder who Azee will end up with. Mikazuki told Hush to rest after tuning in his Shiden and working out. That is hilarious. Eugene is trying so hard to imitate Orga. Reason Tekkadan can't land their shuttles is because Galan wants them to be out of the picture. Aston at the end will take Takaki's place.
Nov 6, 2016 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
Comander-07 said:
And what I truly dont understand is how sloppy the command structure of tekkadan is. Yes orga is ruling like a king and everything bows to his will. Mikazuki would probably come second in command but stays out of it because he is more into fighting at the front. Then they have a few officers in the middle and all the kids at the bottom.

Mikazuki wouldn't command jack shit. All he does is go out and beat shit up. If anything happened to Orga, Eugene would be in charge. Hell, he was in charge before Orga came along and took over.

Comander-07 said:
But why is earth tekkadan not directly linked to the main force? Why is an outsider the only link between the two forces... and nobody is second in command on earth?
Because he's not an outsider; he's Teiwaz, so he's ostensibly on their side

Comander-07 said:
...and nobody is second in command on earth? I thought takagi was something like that?

The fact that Takaki got designated as such literally moments before Chad got Allahu Ackbar'd indicates that... basically they don't have a proper command structure as such. Really, Eugene, or someone closer to his level, should be in charge of Earth Branch, but hey, gotta make a story somehow.

Comander-07 said:

Tekkadan isn't "in charge" of their military. They're just training and advising them, kind of like what the Americans are doing in Iraq right now. They shouldn't be fighting at all, but they have to do some fighting because the guys they're training are too useless... much like the Americans in Iraq right now.

And it's not two strangers; one is Teiwaz and the other is a client (Arbrau). They're not just random dudes they pulled off the street. They just happen to be traitors.

Ahegyao said:

I mean

Pretty much everybody they've come across so far has at least attempted to exploit them at least once
Nov 6, 2016 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
Too many death flags... It's already breaking my heart ._.
Nov 6, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2016
Maybe Tekaki shouldn't have given some random guy all the power
Nov 6, 2016 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
FragOutFire said:
Maybe Tekaki shouldn't have given some random guy all the power
he didnt, takakai was never even really in charge at any point like people are implying its the teiwaz guy who was the 2nd in command after chad was ko'ed. Takaki just leads in battle.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 6, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2015
Yeaaaah, they're so gonna die. lol Gonna have to prepare for the feels soon.

Nouilly said:

Call me cruel, but it's kind of funny to me. It's like it's being waved so much in my face even though I already noticed it before.
AmyTwoNov 6, 2016 6:41 PM
Nov 6, 2016 6:37 PM

Sep 2013
Nouilly said:
This. So much this. Please not Takaki or Aston. Don't let it be them.
Nov 6, 2016 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
Is Rustal's faction just doing this war orchestrating for entertainment?

Man, this scene. 👌
Eugene makes a speech
Kudelia: You have such confidence, Deputy Boss.
Mikazuki: He's just imitating Orga.
Eugene: Shut up, Mikazuki.
Mikazuki: You're the one with the big mouth.
Hush Middy gives a dirty look
Eugene: You Little...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 6, 2016 6:52 PM

Feb 2012
Hikarusuke said:
I got a bad feeling about the next episode. Please let Takaki and Ashton live. Don't activate your kill'em all just yet Tomino.
Who's the character in your signature image?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 6, 2016 9:11 PM

Nov 2007
It was good knowing you, Takaki.
shanimebibNov 6, 2016 9:14 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 6, 2016 9:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing the bullshit that Takaki, Aston and just Tekkadan in general had to go through in this episode triggered me to no end

And now my boy Takaki has a huge ass death flag.....Fuck everything
Nov 6, 2016 10:51 PM

Jan 2016
2nd build up episode in a row. Almost no story involving the core main characters? I'm sure all of this will come back around, but this particular offshoot story is a bit frustrating. Tekkaden needs to learn lessons to improve and meet their goals, but haven't they already learned these lessons?
Nov 7, 2016 12:31 AM

Aug 2015
These two buildup episodes have been agonizing, seeing the kids get treated like that. Radice and bearded man cannot get their comeuppance soon enough.

Poor Tekaki... he's one of the nicer kids among Tekkadan; ready to go to war but still retaining his innocence for the most part. It'll be very sad if he goes. I'll especially feel for Fuka...
Nov 7, 2016 3:46 AM

Jun 2013
another slow buildup episode oh man shit is going to get real
Nov 7, 2016 6:32 AM

Sep 2011
drtalos said:
2nd build up episode in a row. Almost no story involving the core main characters? I'm sure all of this will come back around, but this particular offshoot story is a bit frustrating. Tekkaden needs to learn lessons to improve and meet their goals, but haven't they already learned these lessons?
they really had no reason not to trust teiwaz after all that has happened and continued alliance with them, radice stabbing them in the back is pretty out of the blue and the disconnect in communications pretty much allowed them to get away with this. its not like orga and crew dont realize something is horribly wrong here hence why they made a move so quick.

its just unfortunately they realized way too late and now have been caught in a conflict that could ultimately destroy them.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 7, 2016 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
Rest in peace Takaki.

Great episode as usual.
And i friggin love the opening.
Spyair made an epic song again, just like how great was Gintama ED 17, Samurai heart.
Nov 7, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
Chad is still alive. What a relief. I hope he gets better. As for Takaki, so much death flags has been raised for him.
Nov 7, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 2015
JizzyHitler said:
drtalos said:
they really had no reason not to trust teiwaz after all that has happened and continued alliance with them, radice stabbing them in the back is pretty out of the blue and the disconnect in communications pretty much allowed them to get away with this. its not like orga and crew dont realize something is horribly wrong here hence why they made a move so quick.

its just unfortunately they realized way too late and now have been caught in a conflict that could ultimately destroy them.

They really have no reason to distrust Naze and the rest of the Turbones, but others from Teiwaz should be met with caution. Back in episode 18, McGillis told them the connection between Nobliss and McMurdo right after the Dort mess. The kids should be wary of adults in general due to how CGS used to treat them. They didn't trust Todo and he carried just as many "obviously evil" flags as Radice. Takaki is meant to be innocent, but he hasn't lived an innocent life. I don't see where that unconditional trust to Radice came from. It looks more like "because the plot says so" than anything else.
AoiHonooNov 7, 2016 1:08 PM
Nov 7, 2016 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
I wonder, how many death flags were raised... If they do indeed end up facing McGillis, it will be painful. The scene depicting Tekkadan's journey to the battle was stunningly beautiful, though.
Nov 7, 2016 7:05 PM
Aug 2014
all the deathflags... =[
Nov 7, 2016 7:07 PM

Jan 2014
Takaki. Either he's just going to die or him and Aston will together. That symbolism at the end with the two crushed flowers... I'm not ready for next week. I don't want Pretty Boy to die. Or Aston. Or anyone. I'M NOT READY FOR ORPHAN TEARS.
Nov 7, 2016 7:11 PM

Dec 2009
All these death flags are literally breaking my soul. I don't want Takaki or Aston to die...but all that symbolism...I can't take this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.