Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 5, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm feels like pacing slowed down for the show somewhat.

I think the episode really poked fun at Izetta though with her dress, boobs, glasses, etc. Well at least she's a pleasant sight for eyes and a hero to some especially the younger girls.

Looks like Izetta will be working with the princess again. I knew the war drama would brew up again. Some military officers are also quite cold blooded...
Nov 5, 2016 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
A calm before the storm, I would say.

That Germania Emperor knows suspiciously a lot about witches. I'm certain we will learn more about it in future episodes. And frankly, I wasn't expecting Sieg to kill Jonas. But when you think about it, it is the best way to keep Izetta's secret safe. I do wonder if the Germania spy learned about the secret...
Nov 5, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2015
I hope there will not be fan service for the remaining episodes, bra size problems ... kinda overused imo

Sieg killed Jonas, that's understandable
Nov 5, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
So Izetta said she wake up in the early morning, and have to do "something" or else she can't be calm?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 5, 2016 9:29 AM

May 2012
Well, shit. I honestly didn't expect them to kill Jonas off and thought he'd end up slipping Izetta's secret sooner or later.

I'm kinda mixed about it since I feel bad with him having siblings, but kinda glad he's gone since it means Izetta's secret remains a secret a while longer.

Nov 5, 2016 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
WTF JONAS DID NOTHING WRONG T_T

crievrytiem
Nov 5, 2016 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
Mostly just a buildup episode but it was really fun to watch. :D

Fine and Izetta were so adorable this episode. <3
I noticed a lot of people saying they didn't like the fanservice in the previous episodes and they probably will for this one as well but I on the other really like it. It's nice how they use it to set up this light hearted mood before getting all serious.

That Germanian plane looks really cool, Wonder what it can do.

Fine eating cake with that smile and slight blush is just so cute. <3 Too bad her disguise never worked from the beginning. xD
I like how Fine turned her failed disguise attempt into a morale boosting and down to earth speech for her people. She has some amazing charisma.

I was so sure Jonas would blab on Izetta, Especially with the starting scene but damn he was just shot dead eh? I understand why it had to be done but can't help but feel a little sad for the guy. They could have at least tried to work something out with him, Like putting him on the Royal Guard or some position like that.

A battle next episode eh? Should get really good.
Lelouch0202Nov 5, 2016 10:19 AM
Nov 5, 2016 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
I noticed a lot of people saying they didn't like the fanservice in the previous episodes and they probably will for this one as well but I on the other really like it. It's nice how they ues it to set up this light hearted mood before getting all serious.
I can't say I liked it. But neither I disliked it. I would like the anime the same with or without it.

Lelouch0202 said:
If I'm not mistaken, it's based on Mitsubishi A6M Zero (or Mitsubishi A5M ?). They said that they buy (or steal) any valuable technology they can find.
mozgowNov 5, 2016 10:08 AM
Nov 5, 2016 10:01 AM

Oct 2014

In all honesty yet another weak episode. Fine is unusually calm and acts as if there wasn't a war/the stakes aren't all too high. But at least that scene with Jonas is eliminated, one less loose end.
Nov 5, 2016 10:04 AM

Jun 2011
Am I the only one who thinks Jonas isn't dead and Sieg just pulled a fast one?
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Nov 5, 2016 10:04 AM

Feb 2013
Another good episode. A bit slow but good to see more about Fine, Izetta, Bianca and the other characters.

And I really don't expect Sieg to kill Jonas. This surprise me. I was expecting that he was going to put Jonas in a new position but he just eliminate him. lol
Nov 5, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
Weakest episode by far this week.Only the ending was good and sad.RIP Jonas.
Nov 5, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty boring episode
Nov 5, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
Good ep, I love the yuri SOL moments.
Sieg killing Jonas instead of some betrayal shit was great.

Nov 5, 2016 10:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jesus Christ, Sieg didn't even give this kid a chance O_O That was so fucked up
Nov 5, 2016 10:51 AM
Jun 2009
Lelouch0202 said:

They could have at least tried to work something out with him, Like putting him on the Royal Guard or some position like that.

Nah. It's not about Jonas but his family. People who have so many things to lose can be easily exploited. Jonas has already show that he will betray his country to save his family. It's best to finish Jonas as soon as possible just like what Sieg did. And if what the spy said is not a buff, I think we have to say goodbye to his two brothers and sister too.
Nov 5, 2016 10:54 AM

May 2012
Ahegyao said:
Am I the only one who thinks Jonas isn't dead and Sieg just pulled a fast one?

I was feeling the same at first and thinking this would be a test for Jonas with Sieg intentionally missing or something, but then I recalled what Sieg said about even sacrificing whatever he has to to protect the country earlier this episode... so I'm not sure. I'm betting he's dead though

Nov 5, 2016 11:15 AM

Apr 2011
I'm the only one that is sad that Jonas died.
Nov 5, 2016 11:21 AM
Sep 2015
Hard to point where in time we are at the moment. Fall of France was mid-1940, but I spotted what looks like a Tiger prototype, and a VK 36.01 (which was incorporated into the Tiger project), neither of which were at that point in development until mid-late 1941
Nov 5, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2013
Damn it, I thought that he already at begin everything blow out would about Izetta's secret, but he didn't. Well, war was never about rainbow and fairness, where then such actions like with Jonas happened is was sadly so. R.I.P. for him.

Hmm... But I don't get rid of the feel, that Berckmann may in secret against the system operates (where then this may later to his aid, Ricelt reveals - What this sure some conflicts bring will about his setting with the system.).

Edit: It was again a good ep. otherwise, further so then.
Nov 5, 2016 11:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can understand what Sieg did. Still, i'm interested if he turns at some point.

Otherwise, this was average.
Nov 5, 2016 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
Well you know what they say about snitches?
Bye Jonas
Nov 5, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2016
a kinda boring episode, but anyway, RIP Jonas ;/
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 5, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
And again with the fanservice...seriously Izetta's chest has grown like 2 cup sizes since the first or second episode and this episode kinda proved my suspicions. I mean normally I don't care about the fanservice but this show kinda forces it in an awkward way.

As for the rest of the episode, honestly at this point in the series (being the halfway mark and all), it feels like we don't have time to through a lot of things. For starters, more of Izetta's backstory needs to be told and not just loosely highlighted through flashbacks. We don't need anymore of Fine as she is pretty much defined but for Izetta to be the title character, she doesn't have much behind her aside from being the last witch who owes a great deal to the princess for saving her life.

Another thing that irritates me is the fact that the antagonists are only briefly highlighted. You know of their agenda but you don't really know about them. It feels like the show relies too much on the viewer knowing about World War II rather than tell how things roll in this alternate concept.

I mean, at this rate it's just horribly static. It's not really good but it's not completely bad, it's just there. I feel like everything is just going to escalate at some point but I'm afraid it may be rushed.

3/5 for me this episode.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 5, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2015
I haven't even finished the episode. No I haven't even got passed the opening. That glasses kid need to end himself right now. Do he not realize how important it is to keep that a secret. To even mention he knows something is jeopardizing his entire country.
ARGH such idiocy. Hope he dies. Seriously, he went from some random guy to me just really hate his guts on how stupid he is.

What a horrible way to start the episode.

EDIT: Wow I didn't expect him to really die... That was actually a pretty sad way to die and I actually feel sad for him and his family :/

The episode outside of the first part was pretty good. Izetta and Fine's interaction with each other and the locals kind of brought a smile to my face.
The things with the spying and all was interesting too. Would of been better if it went a bit more in depth on how they found out the spy.I know how the found Jonas, but not how the discovered the spy. A little cat-mouse game behind the political use of Izetta is always very interesting.
While I didn't agree with how they made Jonas discover the truth, everything else that came out of it was very well worth it. The whole spy thing and how Sieg is keeping it a secret is very much entertaining.

Also anyone know what plane the Germanian 4-propeller and inverted seagull wings are? i don't remember Germany ever having a propeller driven inverted seagull monoplane fighter.
And a inline engine at that. The Stuka is somewhat similar but wrong amount of propeller blades and it is not a fighter, besides we seen it already. I'm assuming it is fictional.
At first I expected the "secret" plane to be from late-war like the Ta152 or even the Me262 to spice things up. Right now I just feel like it is a inline version of the F4U-4 :P

And I never really noticed... but the ending theme is pretty good.
zcv45Nov 5, 2016 1:59 PM
Nov 5, 2016 1:11 PM
Jul 2009
Zantius said:
We don't need anymore of Fine as she is pretty much defined but for Izetta to be the title character, she doesn't have much behind her aside from being the last witch who owes a great deal to the princess for saving her life.

To be fair, Fine's character is as bland and dull as Izetta's. She's just a pinnacle of virtue without flaws to balance it out. Pretty one-dimensional characterization.
1idd0kunNov 5, 2016 1:29 PM
Nov 5, 2016 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
1idd0kun said:
Zantius said:
We don't need anymore of Fine as she is pretty much defined but for Izetta to be the title character, she doesn't have much behind her aside from being the last witch who owes a great deal to the princess for saving her life.

To be fair, Fine's character is as bland and dull as Izetta's. She's just a pinnacle of virtue with not flaws to balance it out. Pretty one-dimensional characterization.

You make a good point. I mean thinking of it that way then your main characters seem to never evolve and pretty much highlight the reason why this show is so static.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 5, 2016 1:30 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting, Not sure Jonas is really dead, although not really gonna miss him either if he really did died.
It looks more like they'll pretend that he died, and turn him into a spy or something.
Nov 5, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
While not that much happened until the end which was sad, I overall really enjoyed this episode, and it's the best since ep 3 in my opinion! :)
Nov 5, 2016 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
I get what people meant when they said that ep 4 had too much fanservice, but seriously there was like 10 seconds of service this episode, calm the hell down.
Nov 5, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2015
It looks like eating cakes and dressing Izzeta are things that you need to do during a war. Still boring but I'll finish this anime.
Nov 5, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
Man, you guys complaining about how dull the episode is should read the episode title again. It says so in the tin. If you want constant war and fightan, go back to watching Drifters.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Nov 5, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2015
SanaeK10 said:

In all honesty yet another weak episode. Fine is unusually calm and acts as if there wasn't a war/the stakes aren't all too high. But at least that scene with Jonas is eliminated, one less loose end.

Lol, this is great. That last scene though, a spy would never give themselves away like that. The military tactics in this show really should make you question whether or not this is a war.
Nov 5, 2016 1:37 PM
Mar 2016
So, Sieg killed Jonas, too bad for him, cu'z he knew something he's not suppose to, then again, he's a wuss that simply has to die, So what did Berkman saw in that valut that Division 9 is hiding?
Nov 5, 2016 1:49 PM

Sep 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Lol, this is great. That last scene though, a spy would never give themselves away like that. The military tactics in this show really should make you question whether or not this is a war.

I agree. The various tactics used here is outright stupid. And I was surprised how the spy outright revealed himself. I though he was just going to work on coercing Jonas to speak. Like you know... a proper spy?
And why would the spy be so low rank? Some low rank officer will never get any information. Only reason to do so is if there is known information that can be gathered there, otherwise you would never send in such a low ranking spy.

Anyways I hope the anime takes advantage of the various holes in Izetta's last "performance" with the landslide. Seriously, that move was WAY too different from Izetta's previous methods which were swords and a flying gun. She never really talks to the Germanian soldiers, let alone cause landslides. The whole thing should be glaring. And I sure hope the anime makes Germania notice this. This would be better than what the series pulled earlier with Jonas so happen to walk in on a "very secured meeting place"
Besides asking them to give up before actually attacking usually implies you are bluffing. There isn't much reasons on why one with the super-weapon want to avoid confrontation unless due to the entailed risks.

And yea the strategies is really stupid. Germania keeps sending troops in to kill zones like against a fortress on a mountain or through a mountain pass. I'm glad they are rethinking their plans because so far they are sending their troops to die.
Nov 5, 2016 1:57 PM

Sep 2015
mozgow said:
Lelouch0202 said:
I noticed a lot of people saying they didn't like the fanservice in the previous episodes and they probably will for this one as well but I on the other really like it. It's nice how they ues it to set up this light hearted mood before getting all serious.
I can't say I liked it. But neither I disliked it. I would like the anime the same with or without it.

Lelouch0202 said:
If I'm not mistaken, it's based on Mitsubishi A6M Zero (or Mitsubishi A5M ?). They said that they buy (or steal) any valuable technology they can find.

A6M does not use inline(As you can tell due to pointed nose)
A6M only have 3 blades(this one has 4)
A6M doesn't have a inverted gull wing. This one does
German also don't have a fighter plane that I know of that fit in to this category. hence probably fictional.
Nov 5, 2016 2:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first half hour was pretty meh (the people watching this kind of story dont care that much about big breasts, oishi cakes or the like). The second half was pretty solid though. Jonas being killed by his own after almost giving up the secret was pretty unexpected stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 5, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
wow tbh i was thinking the glasses guy was gonna just tell the secret to everyone but to my surprise he kept it a secret then just like that he gets killed but like i said wasn't expecting that since he had all that luck before hand but since he was about to say it it had to be done cause in the end it didnt look like it would take much to make him say it but also i do wonder if they got the spy and did glasses guy actually say it before they showed up

anyway nice ep looking forward to the next
"one step at a time"
Nov 5, 2016 2:54 PM

Jan 2016
hahahaha, just a bunch of all female lewd antics.

I really am liking Sieg, wonder how he will turn out.

hahahaha, special weapons the level out the playing field inbound.
(still no dialogue on how she was in the germanians custody...)

Nov 5, 2016 3:12 PM

Jul 2014
zcv45 said:
mozgow said:

A6M does not use inline(As you can tell due to pointed nose)
A6M only have 3 blades(this one has 4)
A6M doesn't have a inverted gull wing. This one does
German also don't have a fighter plane that I know of that fit in to this category. hence probably fictional.
Well, that was my first guess based on the period and famous planes it had.

I looked closer at it and it seems it's a mix of Aichi B7A and Vought F4U Corsair.
Nov 5, 2016 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
Its not acceptable that Sieg killed Jonas, he could put him in highly secure place where he can't speak with anyone until the end of the war, you just can't kill a person who risks his life for his country like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
There really wasn't too many notable events worth talking about in this episode except for, of course, the ending. I didn't think Jonas was going to get killed, but as soon as Sieg asked him if he would do anything to protect his country, I knew where that was going. It's unfortunate that Jonas had that happen to him, but it makes sense that Sieg would want to protect that secret at all costs.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 5, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
I saw coming the death of Jonas since the instant Sieg ask him if he would do anything to protect his country. I'm not happy about him dying (he was just a soldier fighting for his family and country), but it's and understandable move.

Other than that, another transition episode. Cannot say it was bad, though. I like that Germanian aviator, he seems like an entertaining fellow and is the only Germanian so far who hasn't been portrayed as actively evil (along with maybe the lieutenant who is always with Berckman.
Looking forward what was the thing Berckman saw in the District 9.

Complaining about the fanservice scenes is pointless at this point (lol), since it's obvious the series is going to have a lot of this scenes, so nothing to say here (well, at least the females looks really well :) ).
Nov 5, 2016 4:58 PM

Jul 2010
Well Jonas death came out of nowhere for me, really I should have expected it though lol.
Nov 5, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
Pour one out for Jonas his fate was already sealed from last week

really wanna know whats behind the doors of Division 9! only really interesting thing this episode was more of a build up anyway.
Nov 5, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2016
A slower episode but even so it was good, it is proving to be a great setup for whatever is to happen next.

Poor Jonas, but it had to be done.
Nov 5, 2016 5:05 PM

Dec 2014
I'm glad there was at least some plot development at the end of the episode there but overall this one felt like filler to me =/
Nov 5, 2016 5:10 PM
Aug 2014
Bang. No sympathy for the guy.
Nov 5, 2016 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
Very fun episode with not too much going on other than a few build up scenes on both sides. I don't mind the fanservice in this either. I had deja vu with Fine (voiced by Saori Hayami) of Yukino from Oregairu talking about breast size. Even more deja vu from Fine when she was eating that pie. Couldn't help but think about Kotori from Sweetness and Lightning.

Izetta went with the Clark Kent disguise...by just putting on glasses haha. I thought that was a poor disguise by both Fine and Izetta. Regardless, those two were really adorable this episode.

3/5- Figured Jonas was going to die at some point. When you learn a secret that will probably make your country lose it's advantages, you'll be dispose of. It's stupid that Sieg talked about such a secret out in the open like that, but Jonas was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Nov 5, 2016 5:24 PM

May 2015
A decent calm before the storm and build-up episode. I can't believe Jonas got finished off just like that, though.... Kinda ruthless the way it happened like that honestly. RIP Jonas.

Good episode all in all.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

136 by Cyroro »»
Apr 23, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.