Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2016 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another great episode. The comedy works just right for the humor while there's some man service.

Victor's skating skills are still pretty evident. No wonder he's got a legion of fans.
On the other hand, there's Yuri Plisetsky, one of the most intimidating characters. As far as the direction goes, I like how they are developing character rivalries and giving them more personality.

Oh and hard to keep eyes off of those triplet kids. So funny!
Oct 12, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, Viktor guy is talking cynical while smiling. Russia Yuri (I think he's tsundere) came to get Victor guy back, and he decided to "teach" both "Yuuri" with a piece that has different arrangement. Both guys from Russia drew people attention. The triplet has a business mind at such a young age.
tsubasaloverOct 13, 2016 8:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 12, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2015
This shit is pretty fucking funny.

I think Victor is pretty clearly gay or bi, but if people are like "eww fags in muh animu" they can piss off.
TheKillerAngelOct 12, 2016 12:24 PM
Oct 12, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2015
Arghhhhhhhhhhh
They are so cute, is more powerful than me.

Great episode, i need more.
Oct 12, 2016 12:35 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I love the humour in this show. The faces and gags have cool timing.

Yurio is awesome, too, his antics are fun to watch, he looks up to Victor more than Yuri does.
Oct 12, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
This show is so full of passion.

Both Yuris got told... I loved that.
I need sleep.
Oct 12, 2016 12:38 PM
Nov 2013
OMG!
So awesome episode and the next one will be more amazing!!!!!
I love so much Suwabe´s voice and his accent.
Thank you!
Now I am even more excited!!!!! XD
Oct 12, 2016 12:39 PM

Nov 2012
this was such a fun episode, and i love yurio already <3
can't wait to see their programs.
Oct 12, 2016 12:44 PM

Aug 2007
I have to admit, Yuri on Ice is exceeding my expectations so far. I enjoyed episode 2 even more than episode 1!
The comedy was on point. :D Super fun, can't wait to see some more scating and how this little match will turn out. Why dio I have the feeling Victor will end up coaching both of them somehow? Ha. xD
I'm guessing Yurio will win, Victor will go to Russia with him to coach Yurio - and takes Yuri with him to coach him, too.
Oct 12, 2016 12:45 PM

May 2016
I've waited all week for this episode for the next episode, and they did not disappoint. A quick but effective build up to next week's episode and some nicely placed gay shit. I'm super excited to see both Yuri's trying out such a new style for them
Oct 12, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode! Viktor was an absolute savage at the end. Good build up for what's about to come. The ED is seriously the best thing ever. It's fun to see how fierce Yurio is, I love how he's paralleled with a cat (well, a tiger), the reaction he had when he saw that sweatshirt was super cute. xD
alpha_shadowOct 12, 2016 12:53 PM
:3
Oct 12, 2016 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
Very good follow up episode.

The opening segments were quite strong with the Yaoi tease. xD
Victor looks like a nice guy but truth is he's absolutely savage, He wrecks both Yuri's at every chance he gets. XD

Yurio's reaction to that T-Shirt was really funny.

Those triplets had quite the shiny eyes when they realized the marketing potential of the exhibition match. :3
Nice display of resolve from both Yuri's at the end , Looking forward to their competition.
Oct 12, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2010
Yurio's reaction to the tiger shirt was cute!

Those triplets mean business. They already organized an event!?

I wonder who will win the "Hot Springs on Ice" competition.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 12, 2016 12:54 PM

Dec 2012
God I love Victor. I love him and both Yuris but I root for Nipon Yuri ofc. Yurio is that kind of character that I like seeing his pride shattered. Well,him winning is more likely to happen but hope never dies.
Damn Yuri,just admit you want to live with Victor and have him all to yourself.
Oct 12, 2016 12:59 PM
Jul 2014
The first episode was better, there was way too much comedy feel to this one for my taste. But still, I look forward next episodes and where it is headed.
Oct 12, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
Really liked the episode.

If I had to name one thing that I didn't like as much then it would that the chain of events got so fast at times that it felt a bit "hasty" in my opinion. Like I know they really need to get the cast together and make those character interactions happening but it was kinda hard to follow at times. Since we're now in the training phase I can see this being an one time thing tho so it's fine :)
Oct 12, 2016 1:10 PM

Feb 2013
Ahh their reactions were priceless! Tsundere Yurio is so funny, when he was going to upload the pic lol
Oct 12, 2016 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
Enjoying the comedy in this ep. Yurio and his cat obsession lol.

I didn't expect that twist of Yuri assigned to "Eros" and Yurio to "Agape". Looking forward to see how both of them interpret their themes.
SchwingBonerOct 12, 2016 4:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2016 1:17 PM

Mar 2008
I feel so blessed by this show.
Oct 12, 2016 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
Felt a little better than ep1. I even liked some of the comedy, some other was whatever, which is already an improvement compared to ep1. They still had quite a lot of scenes I disliked heavily. I don't understand why they would go through the effort and create a certain mood, be it sad, serious or some other emotional theme, to then destroy it by suddenly crashing into a wall with their comedy attempt. Reminds me very much of Shigatsu when they had these great emotional scenes, music, conversation, expressions - everything was just right. And then she would kick him or something out of nothing. It's the same here, just with stupid jokes that aren't funny at all.
Oct 12, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
Oh my, Victor is hilarious :D I've watched both episodes twice and looks like this show is going to become one of my favourites.
Oct 12, 2016 1:25 PM

Jun 2012
Wow they managed to make this even gayer.
Oct 12, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
Yurio made this episode for me tbh. Yuri still needs to get out of his shell more but so far I'm liking him.
As for victor, I want to like him but I just hate how they make him seem so dorky, idk I just thought his personality would be more on the serious side.
Nice episode nonetheless
Oct 12, 2016 1:29 PM
Oct 2016
Can anyone tell me the music chosen in love agape. I want that
Oct 12, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2015
I was waiting for this episode and it didn't disappoint. It's just so good in all ways, i can't pick anything i dislike in this anime so far hope it continues 5/5
Oct 12, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2014
GOD DAMN, another amazing episode. So far the best anime of this season for me. I love the characters, the comedy, the artwork. Everything is perfect. MAPPA is incredible again.
Oct 12, 2016 1:45 PM
May 2015
Ep felt fast paced but what the hay,it didn't disappoint and I was giggling quite a lot. I noticed how the OP got a slight moderation. They drew in a rink in the final few seconds.

ERMAIGERD. I squealed way too much at the Victor x Yuri K. moment where Katsuki backed out and crashed into the wall. Let's not forget how Katsuki reached mach speed trying to hide the posters in his room.

Victor is SAVAGE. Calls him a piggy ;3 . SO KYUT!

Yuri P.'s reaction about not posting on insta coz he'd be found out but that resolve shatters as soon as he sees the tiger shirt. And his eyes X3

Victor won't be playing favorites it seems which is nice.

I'm surprised that the two Yuri's are gonna perform a piece that isn't them. Excited to see how that turns out
Oct 12, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2008
Yurio turned out a bit better than he appeared initially, but I hope he improves over time and stops being an edgelord. Maybe it will be one of those cases where the rivalry leads to him being a better person.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 12, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2016
holy shit victor is so gay
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 12, 2016 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Damn those gay moments might scare me away. I'll try to survive though but it'll be tough if Victor is going to get too close to either of the Yuris every time he's with them.

News about Victor coaching the Japanese Yuri spreads far and wide and the Russian Yuri is pissed because he was supposed to be Victor's disciple. Lol when he takes those pictures but then tries to control himself and not post them on social media because his coach will find out. But he succumbs and ends up posting the tiger shirt on the net lol.

And Victor gives the two Yuris the choice between two tunes to skate to. And he gives them the opposite tunes the chose because doing something out of character is what will surprise people. If you do the expected then where's the fun in that? Both Yuris are determined to have Victor all for themselves... that probably sounded wrong... But whatever. Overall a nice episode (save for those tones which might make me run away). But the question is, when will the Japanese Yuri get his new hairdo? He should really start looking like a bishounen instead of the loser he looks like now.
Oct 12, 2016 1:55 PM

Sep 2016
now yuri is trying his best to satisfy victor by using his eros

jasdmcijsnaisjdcsdfsdcscs
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 12, 2016 2:02 PM
Aug 2011
I'll give it all the eros I've got!
Oh you will huh? *waggles eyebrows*

unikisu said:
i can't possibly be the only one who was slightly disappointed by the animation quality in this episode

Nah you're not. I'm not excusing it but it is pretty typical though at least from my experience with seasonals anyway. So long as we get more delicious skating later.
standOct 12, 2016 2:25 PM
Oct 12, 2016 2:04 PM

Aug 2016
From my comment on Kissanime:

Omg I love how there is new little changes in the Op. That's really cool ^-^ I think in the last episode, we get to see the full animated OP and what is should look like and that would just be the best. Onwards to watching the episode!
Edits:
First Half:
The fanservice is real, fan girling all the way lol.
Also, I love the idea of a dance coach, Yuri is lucky to be surrounded by such talented people.

Half-way point: Alright, so I love how important the media is and how big of an impact it can create towards something so small. I think this is going to be one of the major points throughout this series. Maybe cause problems later on?

Alright, I love the way its going so far and also I think this series is going to be amazing by all the little elements it has. Definitely watching this one to the end. Also, thank god they called the other Yuri, Yurio, now I can actually speak about him without getting him mixed up with Yuri. The comedy is great so far and just the right amount of it. ^-^
Oct 12, 2016 2:05 PM

Oct 2016
I have to say I'm very glad Yurio is turning out to be the exact kind of character I want him to be.

My one complaint is that the episodes are over way too fast! They're so well-paced, I hardly notice the time pass.
Oct 12, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2010
The Fujo-bait is strong in this episode
Oct 12, 2016 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
unikisu said:
i can't possibly be the only one who was slightly disappointed by the animation quality in this episode

No disappointment from my side. For some reason I knew this episode would have such low quality animation.

Luzius said:
The Fujo-bait is strong in this episode

It will be even stronger in the next.
Oct 12, 2016 2:24 PM

Dec 2014
God, I love this anime already! I'm having a lot of fun watching it and Victor is so hot *-*

The animation quality really wasn't good in parts of this episode. Hope it gets better in the next one.
Oct 12, 2016 2:31 PM

Aug 2015
If anyone glimpses at my screen while watching this:
Oct 12, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2014
How has this anime made me smile so much in just 2 episodes?
It has way much more personality than I was expecting, and the main 3 play off of each other so well. I'm really liking Yankee Yuri/Yurio, his reactions are priceless and it further proves just how much of an awesome Seiyuu Kouki Uchiyama is!

Manservice and slight BL subtext is there, but it's easily played off bc Victor is so eccentric and enigmatic...heck it'd feel weirder if he wasn't doing something.

It's gonna be so interesting to see these routines though, and I really loved the crap out of that second arrangement...can't wait to see how Yuri tackles it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2016 2:57 PM
Oct 2015
Man this season is too good man. Between this and Hibike 2 I'm spoiled. The two Yuri's are so fun to watch bounce off each other. I'm glad they introduced that plot point.
Oct 12, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2013
Usually i don't like sport anime but this one is really good and really fun to watch and full of passion I thinking it will be one of my favorite this session
I'm really looking forward to to the next episode my money on Japanese Yuri of of course:))
Oct 12, 2016 2:58 PM

Feb 2015
I'm so glad we're getting some high-quality fujoshi bait this season tbh, you can tell the staff is really having fun with this one.
Yurio is a gem. That Sweatshirt scene was the best thing to come out of the season so far imo.
Oct 12, 2016 2:59 PM
Jul 2016
The new animation for the opening is even better it goes so well with the music
Oct 12, 2016 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely watching this one! I can't wait to see them performing on those amazing musics....or more like I wish we'll get to see them :3
It will be Kobuta-chan versus Koneko-chan x)

Oct 12, 2016 3:28 PM
Oct 2009
I thought it was a bit of a drop in quality from last week, but still fun and promising. Viktor's silly faces got a bit annoying for me, but for some reason Russian Yuuri's weird annoyed expressions are so adorable xD Another plus is that Japanese Yuuri is not a newbie like the main character of a sports anime often is. He's experienced, so whoever wins next week, it won't be stupid.
Oct 12, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2015
I wish this show wasn't so silly. (I'm fine with the butt shots though.)

Yurio seems awfully ambitious for someone only starting his senior career.
Oct 12, 2016 3:53 PM

May 2016
Great follow-up episode! Can't wait to see how Yuri pulls off a sexy routine.
Oct 12, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
Oh what a great episode. Loving the OP & ED song so much.
Love how Victor is so full of energy & wants to help Yuri.
Cool how they incorporate Instagram into the anime.

The Ice Skating is so wonderful to watch.

Victor's Celebrity Status bringing in all the customers.
LOL that WOW! AMAZING!

Two Yuri's are better than one. Yurio is real hot headed.
Katsuki just wants to eat Pork Cutlet & win with Victor. OHH How sweet.

Let the training begin.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 12, 2016 4:01 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was hilarious. I quite enjoyed it, and I will definitely watch the next episode. :)
Oct 12, 2016 4:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Honestly wasn't expecting so much comedy when the PV was released back in March, but I like it. I mean I would still prefer it to have been more serious given that there aren't really many anime like that, but I also know that it might alienate a huge part of the audience. Doesn't seem like there are very many anime as of recent that had an overall serious tone that were also successful or broke even (from the top of my memory anyways).

I do find the humor to be up my alley so no complaints at all. Victor is so savage, lol. Asking Yuuri why he has recently eaten katsudon even though he hasn't won...or telling both Yuri that they're more ordinary and mediocre than they think so what makes them think they can choose their own image. Amazing. But there's no malice in his words, he's really just trying to make them better. Really looking forward to seeing what both Yuri will pull off, but ofc I'm rooting for Japanese Yuuri. His character is really solid, he's timid, spends a lot time by himself and practicing, but really hates to lose. He was depressed, but got bored of being depressed, and wants to keep skating and win for once. He's by no means a weak person. I love when Minako was talking to Victor, saying that Yuuri is "not a genius, but he was gifted with more free time than anyone else to practice."

I like Yurio too, he's pretty funny and hotheaded, but I can connect with Yuuri more :) It's refreshing to see him on the screen, hearing his inner thoughts or just seeing his reactions and expressions.

They also changed up the OP sequence a bit (or like added a tiny bit more flare), it feels a bit less repetitive with the minor additions.
tingyOct 12, 2016 4:12 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

12 by kihel »»
Apr 25, 12:10 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
Apr 24, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.