Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah Road still seems to care about Allen quite a bit.

The existence of independent innocence is an interesting revelation. I find the design of the Apocryphos to be rather odd though.

One other interesting part of the episode that I thought was somewhat noticeable is that one hooded girl during the battle. Pretty sure it's Tewaku, Oh how the mighty have fallen. They did a decent job at adapting at least 2+ chapters imo.

Sep 12, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2016
It was nice seeing stuff that wasn't clearly covered by the manga thanks to page limit.
Also, Apocryphos got an upgrade when it comes to its creepiness...
Sep 12, 2016 12:05 PM
Aug 2016
Loved seeing Tyki again. He never ceases to amaze me with his sheer awesomeness.

And Road! That look she gave Apocryphos. I was so getting ready for her to do battle and she did! For all of 10 seconds lol

Anyway, I loved the episode. I can't wait for next week, D.Gray Man Hallow is coming to an end soon folks. Any ideas for what lies ahead for the future of D.Gray Man? any story predicitions?
Sep 12, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again, 203 and 204 adapted.

I thought Apocryphos looked much more menacing in the manga but when I look it up it''s pretty much the same. xD

The scene where the Cardinal destroyed Link was really intense.
Nice seeing Tykki and Road again, Glad they came to help Allen. Poor guy was suffering. Road got hit :(
I love the part where Allen states he's a disciple of Cross and insults the Cardinal xD

Allen is now officially branded as an enemy to the order. :(
Sep 12, 2016 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
This episode was a bit slow-paced, but it was good. The Noah shone a lot. Also Voldemort, lol.

I liked that scene with Miranda and Krory. It´s an extra, after all. But it really reflects how much his friends care for him. And focus on Lena, of course.

I can´t wait for 12. Some interesting things will happen.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Sep 12, 2016 12:20 PM
Jul 2016
DarkGolbez said:
Loved seeing Tyki again. He never ceases to amaze me with his sheer awesomeness.

And Road! That look she gave Apocryphos. I was so getting ready for her to do battle and she did! For all of 10 seconds lol

Anyway, I loved the episode. I can't wait for next week, D.Gray Man Hallow is coming to an end soon folks. Any ideas for what lies ahead for the future of D.Gray Man? any story predicitions?

No idea. But the anime project will be probably freezed before the new season arrives (if there will be a one). There's currently only a few manga chapters to adapt, so we had to wait for more, and since they are written and published pretty slowly (1 chapter per 3 months), I don't think we get a continuation in the next 2-3 years, at least until the current manga arc isn't completed.
Regarding the episode, it was turned out to be pretty interesting, although the battle scenes' animation didn't actually get better after Alma arc. Also, nice to see some additional scenes, especially the one with over-protecting father Sheril.
Sep 12, 2016 2:07 PM

Feb 2013
Apocryphos is scary and creepy.
It's funny seeing Tyki save Allen.
Road was injured, that's not cool!
Sep 12, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2008
Dammit, it's teasing me with how it ended at the beginning of the chapter I wanted to see adapted.
Sep 12, 2016 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
do people not like this show? I'm finding it to be just as good as the previous adaption, if not better
Sep 12, 2016 4:00 PM

Dec 2012
Celestrial2 said:
do people not like this show? I'm finding it to be just as good as the previous adaption, if not better

I agree, don't see any reason to think otherwise. Impressive that it feels like a direct continuation when the staff is completely different. Only the composer from the first anime returned. I like the pacing after the Timothy stuff, pace has been pretty much 2 chapters then the first couple pages of the next chapter every episode. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes.
I like anime.
Sep 12, 2016 6:32 PM
Nov 2015
I may be the minority, but I love the direction this took, and I like it much more than the original. DGM is no longer the shonen of a common man.

^Somebody quote me on that

4/5
Sep 12, 2016 7:06 PM
Oct 2015
Celestrial2 said:

I like D. Grayman but its depressing to watch. The villians are too OP and everyone on the good side just keeps getting destroyed/losing. This whole arc made some fans stop reading the manga.
Sep 12, 2016 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
Karmafan56 said:
Celestrial2 said:

I like D. Grayman but its depressing to watch. The villians are too OP and everyone on the good side just keeps getting destroyed/losing. This whole arc made some fans stop reading the manga.
Lol. That's the stupidest reason ever. If anything, D.gray-man makes you want to like a lot of the villains: Road, Tyki, etc... And who is getting destroyed, exactly? Not many characters that're "Well known" are. A lot of fodder.
Sep 12, 2016 8:56 PM
Apr 2015
Good episode.
Only 2 left.. arh..
And the manga... it will be very long to see it's anime again.
Sep 12, 2016 10:08 PM
Jan 2016
I've said this in the previous forum, but this next episode is going to make or break D. Gray Man: Hollow. It's one of the most important episodes, and conveying the correct feeling is essential to ensure that the anime is remembered on a well note.

Apart from that, this episode had a lot of good scenes; the fight scenes being very nicely done (at least in my opinion). I think the sound was a little off from what the manga wanted us to perceive, but I ain't fronting. And ofc, the Road moments seem to make my heart ache even though I'm a LenaXAllen ship. Loved the episode tho, and the next one is gonna be really exciting!
parneybarnsSep 12, 2016 10:13 PM
Sep 12, 2016 10:19 PM
Jan 2016
On another note, this Apocryphos seems extremely interesting; almost like another enemy of sorts. I hinted at this before, but i do think that this independent Innocence is really associated to something sleazy that Cardinals do; I'm getting a "Alma Karma" Vibe from there, but this is genuine speculation; not even the manga has discussed this. So... :

What is this Apocryphos after?
Who made this sort of thing?
And searching for 7000 years? That is a LONG TIME, so what does it know about the Heart and why is it only acting up now?
What if someone/thing (idk what might pop up later lol) else had ordered the Apocryphos to kill Cross? There was a lot of stuff that went under the rug, especially when Cross said, "... now I understand what's going on..." the moment before he was killed. That can only hint to a bigger plot that is going on... right? It seems like this anime is really starting to become intriguing!
Sep 12, 2016 10:43 PM

Apr 2016
Tyrel said:
Karmafan56 said:

Lol. That's the stupidest reason ever. If anything, D.gray-man makes you want to like a lot of the villains: Road, Tyki, etc... And who is getting destroyed, exactly? Not many characters that're "Well known" are. A lot of fodder.

I agree with you.
Even though Road and Tyki are antagonist due to being Noahs, they are really likable characters and the fact that they always interact with Allen more makes them even more endearing to watch.
Sep 12, 2016 10:45 PM

Aug 2012
Apo was handled quite well in the art and voice acting department. Loved the Link bits, just as good as the manga. And so much Road screentime to calm my soul <3

Ending was also done very well, I was really hoping to see it end with that scene for maximum impact.
Sep 12, 2016 10:52 PM

Apr 2016
Man! This is a very interesting episode.
I have read up to Chap 194 so far (Alma Karma Arc) and this scenarios just give me a lot of questions now that this new character (the Cardinal who was actually the HEART protector)... is Allen's Innocence the HEART? Coz the Cardinal do mentioned about the Heart when he talked to Allen.
It's kinda awkward to hear this but the Order is pretty messed up.
The Noah saving Allen was a nice scene and I am awkwardly taking their side right now coz of everything that happened within the Order.
So that Apocryphos can fight on par (or maybe better) against a Noah. Interesting but he's creepy. :v
I can't wait for the next episode... 2 left :(
Sep 12, 2016 11:01 PM

Jan 2014
Did Link seriously die? What was with that censorship? Do these fuckers think Allen killed him? Why did nobody think for a second that he was kidnapped considering that's what the Noahs have been trying to do this whole time? Arrrrgh!

I'm sad. Link needed an ass whoopin' but not this.

JotakakSep 12, 2016 11:10 PM
Sep 12, 2016 11:02 PM

Dec 2009
God D.Gray-man is the darkest shonen since Hunter X Hunter when it comes to killing off characters at the drop of a hat. Everything is so god damn ambiguous, its hard to tell who even the real enemies are anymore. I actually like the Noah because they're humanized and been disliking the Order (The higher ups) more and more. Now Allen has to leave and is branded a traitor. Seriously a turning point for the whole series.
Sep 12, 2016 11:07 PM

Jan 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
God D.Gray-man is the darkest shonen since Hunter X Hunter when it comes to killing off characters at the drop of a hat. Everything is so god damn ambiguous, its hard to tell who even the real enemies are anymore. I actually like the Noah because they're humanized and been disliking the Order (The higher ups) more and more. Now Allen has to leave and is branded a traitor. Seriously a turning point for the whole series.

I just want Lavi, Lenalee and the others to ditch the Order and stick with Allen.
Sep 13, 2016 12:29 AM

Jun 2013
Link is not going to die and this hidden one dude seems like bad news
Sep 13, 2016 12:37 AM

Sep 2013
Looks like the Apocryphos was behind Cross's death. Awesome to see a lot more of Tyki this time! He's definitely my favorite Noah in this series.

No longer branded as an Exorcist, Allen is now considered a Noah. Poor Allen, he can not catch a break. Everything that's going on with the 14th is being forced upon him. Now he's branded as a Noah and being chased by the Order, the same place filled with people he loves. I feel for the poor kid.

Sep 13, 2016 1:31 AM

Dec 2013
Apocyphos looks really creepy.

Nice to see Tyki and Road appearing.
Sep 13, 2016 3:26 AM
Aug 2016
And here i thought cardinal was Mana!! Then is Milenium earl mana????? And when did allen know The fourteenth is mana's brother Oo
Sep 13, 2016 3:57 AM

Sep 2014
That was intense. Obviously, episode 12 will include the scene everyone thought they'd end the anime on, so I wonder where it's going to end then.

I think ever since DGM stopped getting published in Shonen Jump and moved to its side magazines is when it stopped being less "shonen."

On a side note, for everyone hating the Order and starting to side with the Noahs (which is understandable), it's kinda hard to forget that the Noahs' goal is to create demons out of the recently dead because they pick on the recently traumatized and that some of the first stuff Road and Tykki ever did was torture/nearly kill Allen. The Order's higher up are cruel to the exorcists, but there's a reason they push so hard. What will be interesting is learning who started it/why it started (someday in the distant future).
Sep 13, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2007
So safe chance there will be another season, but I wonder when. I'm sure what we have so far on the manga wouldn't fill half a season :( I could be wrong, any DGM experts have an opinion on this. (maybe they'll give us the finger by making the remaining material OVAs)

Sep 13, 2016 7:43 AM
Jul 2016
fireshadowdr said:
So safe chance there will be another season, but I wonder when. I'm sure what we have so far on the manga wouldn't fill half a season :( I could be wrong, any DGM experts have an opinion on this. (maybe they'll give us the finger by making the remaining material OVAs)

I'm quite sure now that it will end at

Searching for *.* arc is dialogue heavy and it required Lost Fragments of Snow understanding so I guess if there were OVA, it probably would be LFoS
ItNeverEnds14Sep 13, 2016 7:49 AM
Sep 13, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
This may be my favourite episode of Hallow to the date. The only thing I missed was a better soundtrack in some of the scenes, but that is a problem that even the first D. Gray Man had, so nothing to complaint here.

The Apocryphos was as creepy as the manga, and the voice acting on his character was very good. He was one of the characters I was expecting the most to see animated, and the studio didn't failed to deliver this time. Also, after watching his scenes in motion, the things he did to Tyki, Link and Allen were more clear than in the manga.

Was also cool to see Tyki in action again, and this time the fighting scenes were more fluid and less static compared to the ones of the Alma Karma arc, thing who makes me thankful and made me remember the fight scenes of the old anime.

Poor Allen, being declared as an enemy by the Order when he didn't did anything wrong :(
And poor Link too, just after his heroic moment,

After this, I'm sure the next episode will end

I pray the Heart that the studio manages to adapt the next episode greatly, because it will have one of the scenes with more feels of all the manga.
Sep 13, 2016 11:38 AM
Aug 2015
Don't Leave Konoha, Sasuke!!!

Oops, wrong anime :p

Pretty good episode. I like how The Noahs keep protecting Allen, despite they're actually enemies.. that's cool ^^
Sep 13, 2016 3:43 PM

Aug 2014
The Apocryphos is just one god damn creepy guy...and guess that's the end of Link ;-;
Sep 13, 2016 4:47 PM
May 2015
Have to say that this episode portrayed Apocryphos's character very well in my eyes. I've been generally disappointing with this adaptation but if they can make the last episode worthwhile, I'll reconsider.

Although I'm not a diehard fan for this series ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 13, 2016 8:55 PM

Oct 2013
Jotakak said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

I just want Lavi, Lenalee and the others to ditch the Order and stick with Allen.

Yet they can't exactly join up with the Noah either, seeing as the Earl brings back the dead as demons and basically wish to doom the world. The Order was still where he would've stayed, if only he had a choice in the matter. Talk about being stuck between a rock & a hard place...
Sep 13, 2016 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
Acro wad creepy as hell omg. Allen branded as a traitor and Noah.Lena lee gonna stop him omg
Sep 14, 2016 9:43 AM

Oct 2009
Only 2 episodes left! :(

Quite interesting that this Innocence itself looks more demonic than the actual Akuma's.
Sep 14, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
Jotakak said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Allen himself doesn't want to ditch the Order so I doubt he would want them to ditch it either XP
Sep 14, 2016 5:14 PM

Jan 2014
Nayrael said:
Jotakak said:

Allen himself doesn't want to ditch the Order so I doubt he would want them to ditch it either XP

I said what I want, not what he wants. But the Order is shit and Allen realized it this arc after learning about Kanda's past. He likes his friends but not the Order because as a whole, it's pretty corrupt.
Sep 14, 2016 6:23 PM

Jun 2016
Although this episode was really good and the story takes a nice turn.... all there is on my mind is: "Seriously can't Lavi have just a LITTLE screen time?!?!"
Sep 15, 2016 5:00 AM
Sep 2016
This show amazes me it's so good that i can't get enough of it any way i liked the last scene when allen made his mind not to get back even though he heared lenali he was really matur not to fall back into the order again
Sep 15, 2016 10:53 PM

Oct 2008
oh I have really forgotten.
so that villain is the one who killed General Marian Cross.
From the Orders perspective Allen sided with Noah.
LOL at big Timpancy ate Allen and Road in order to save them
3/5.

Sep 16, 2016 6:11 AM

Jan 2009
Love the additional scene added in this episode. That's how Cross got defeated. Stalker Apo joins the anime. Apo voice sounds creepy which is well done IMO. They also include some pages of chapter 171 that are skip in episode 2. I lol at Tyki pulling Tim while escaping in the forest.xD
Sep 16, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2016
nihon_no_tsuki said:
Although this episode was really good and the story takes a nice turn.... all there is on my mind is: "Seriously can't Lavi have just a LITTLE screen time?!?!"

Lavi should be back in the manga soon.
Next chapter I'd bet.
Sep 17, 2016 8:27 AM

Sep 2008
Preview for next episode:
Sep 18, 2016 8:24 AM

Aug 2014
Apocryphos is just as terrifying, (if not more) like I remembered from the manga.

Stark700 said:

One other interesting part of the episode that I thought was somewhat noticeable is that one hooded girl during the battle. Pretty sure it's Tewaku, Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Your deduction skills are impressive as always, Stark.
Sep 22, 2016 5:32 PM

Feb 2011
Allen x Road OTP all I care about atm
Sep 26, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2014
Good lord, Apocryphos is even creepier than in the manga. Run Allen!!
Oct 1, 2016 11:42 AM

May 2012
Interesting development and with two more episodes remaining I really wonder how this will end!
Oct 3, 2016 12:48 PM
Sep 2009
The further series go, the more Dark Order starts to look like bad guys.

Question, why does Millenium wear that weird fat guy costume when he has a normal Noah face?
Oct 4, 2016 9:37 AM
Jul 2016
kitten320 said:
The further series go, the more Dark Order starts to look like bad guys.

Question, why does Millenium wear that weird fat guy costume when he has a normal Noah face?

To cover up his identity, I guess. As a human, he has an identity of a certain man (I don't really want to spoil), and it doesn't seem like he wants to reveal his true face to everyone. But the exact reasons still aren't clear, although there's a lot of theories. The one that seems more or less plausible - that the costume of Earl is something akin to Allen's Crown Clown mantle.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

131 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

359 by iamnameers »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:32 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

79 by Choostopher »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.