Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah I like how other characters showing their tough side in this series, not just Gou or Takumi this episode.

We got more of a casual game this episode as well.

What I also kinda liked about this episode is that Harada go a little more screen time related to baseball. That Shun guy really knows how to get on the wrong side of others.
Stark700Sep 8, 2016 10:40 AM
Sep 8, 2016 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
The boys really start to show off their tough sides more and more!
Sep 8, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2014
Interesting episode.

The casual game was nice to watch, Seiha getting all those outs xD
That Takumi throw to Go was pretty cool.

Looks like there was a bit of a timeskip and now Takumi can't throw strikes anymore? That's quite unexpected given the amount of control he had. Kaionji seems to explain it as Takumi's pitching going way too strong for him to be able to control it. However it's nice to see that Takumi and Go have developed as a battery now.

A bit of heated exchange at the end there between Kadowaki and Shun, Shun seems to be very frank as he basically just states outright what Kadowaki might be going through. Well it was a fairly interesting bit of psyche that Shun was trying to explain, claiming the reason Kadowaki is obsessed with defeating Takumi is simply because he feels Takumi would be able to take away all the expectation and pressure placed on him.
Even Shun has his own share of issues against Kadowaki going so far as to ask him to kneel before him.
Why can't a couple of middle school kids just enjoy a fun game of baseball instead of talking about their psyche? XD

I guess we'll be getting the rematch in these last two episodes.
Sep 8, 2016 12:48 PM

Mar 2013
F*cking drama queens...
Sep 8, 2016 1:18 PM

Jun 2014
Wait was there a timeskip? I wish they would have made that more clear because I was slightly confused for a second.

Shun really stirred up some shit in this episode with Kadowaki. Playing mind games and even telling Kadowaki to kneel and beg. These kids are in middle school, they should just play the game and have fun, instead of creating drama because of envy or other petty reasons.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 8, 2016 1:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah it wasn't clear that there was a timeskip until Sawaguchi said that they will become third years next year, when he and Takumi were stretching. The time skip felt a bit random, but at the same time, I feel like we didn't miss anything, except that Takumi's pitches have become stronger and thus he has little control over it.

The thing with Kadowaki and Mizugaki was sort of odd, but Kaionji was right when he asked Mizugaki if he hated Kadowaki. He's just being lame due to his jealousy of Kadowaki :/

But aside from that, I liked the laid back game they had in the beginning with Seiha, it was very relaxing.
Sep 8, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2015
hime san hime san hime san
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it pissed me off, there's too many characters that get on my nerves
Sep 8, 2016 3:22 PM
Dec 2012
Hope the game is next week, but there's still some turmoil going on.

The Battery seems OK for now. On the other side though, Shugo and Mizugaki seem to be having trouble. Not really sure what that's all about though. I'm sure it'll be explained soon.

It's started to snow so will there be a timeskip?
Sep 8, 2016 5:42 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see a friendly game at the start.

Princess again & again. He is saying that way too much.

Shugo punching Shun.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 8, 2016 5:54 PM
Nov 2015
I see no climactic ending in sight, wonder how this will wrap up.

3/5
Sep 8, 2016 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
Omg the drama.
Whoa a time skip
Sep 8, 2016 11:00 PM

Nov 2012
the drama in this series is just cringeworthy, and the dialogue at the end also made my eyes roll. it doesn't help that every second sentence has "hime-san" in it.
Sep 8, 2016 11:45 PM
Apr 2015
I think people here are missing the point of why Shun keeps on saying "hime-san" in reference to Takumi. It's not just to get under Shugo's skin.

Shugo basically got the yips after experiencing Takumi's one monster pitch as a result of his mental block -- he's succumbed to expectations for himself and has developed a fear of losing -- hence Shun pointing out that Shugo lost to Takumi before the first pitch was even thrown. By calling Takumi "princess" instead of his actual name, he's trying to get Shugo to see the ridiculousness of how seriously he's taking this.

It's probably why he got so angry when Kaionji asked if he hated Shugo. He doesn't hate him. He's trying to help him, but he seems to be the type of character who can't say things straight, so he resorts to teasing to try to make his point, which doesn't work with a straight-laced guy like Shugo.

I actually feel kind of sorry for the guy.
Sep 9, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2008
Go's pause after giving Takumi the ball was very frustrating; yappari what?! Did he even say anything at all? Or was the conversation muted as we look at their feet? Gah.

I might be under the wrong impression, but is Takumi's current lack of control due to him being more comfortable in throwing stronger pitches at Go that he wouldn't throw before?
Sep 9, 2016 9:05 AM
Jul 2016
Honestly, this episode was over-whelming in the drama department...
SPOILERS ( obviously )

Shugo getting pissed of at Shun was a shot that was easy to see as soon as shun opened his mouth -_-
I'm interested what happens after this fight, will shun tell people about shugo punching him? or was he just bluffing??

Anyways, just my opinion per usual ://
Sep 9, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2015
Shunji is so damn annoying. I would've enjoyed this episode a lot more without this idiot.

Sep 9, 2016 12:46 PM

Dec 2012
Boy, Shun really let Shugo have it at the end. It was kind of hard to follow, but from what I can tell Shun has always wanted to take Shugo down a notch. I thought he was making a point to help Shugo, but it looks like he was just thrashing around his own attitude. Shugo, on the other hand, tries to play off the cool and composed athlete to cover up his insecurities. As Shun said, he's setting up an expectation that may or may not be there at their rematch. He's created a fantasy out of Takumi and might not like what he really sees when it's time for the real deal.
Sep 9, 2016 3:36 PM

Oct 2015
So much drama for nothing :S
Sep 9, 2016 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
Shunji is such an asshole. Jealous asshole, closeted twink. He deserved getting slugged.

I want to see Takumi cry.
臭い-
Sep 9, 2016 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
Mizugaki is the scum of the earth!
4/5.

Sep 10, 2016 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
I know Shun wants to help him, but he looked like a jerk at the end.
I didn't notice the time skip directly, but it's nice to see Harada and Gou play better. Seiha is very strong, I hope we will watch him play again.
Sep 10, 2016 3:08 PM
Feb 2016
I really don't know what to think about this anime. The Main Character has a bad temper, especially with his family. Gou is strange and sometimes indecisive...I rather like the supporting characters than the MC's :/
About the 9th episode...hime-san here, hime-san there. Ow! Can't you talk about something else?! *facepalm*
Even Though the begening of the episode was casual and enjoyable it wasn't enough for me to enjoy the rest. :/
overdone drama...overdone drama...even Haikyuu and KnB didn't contain that amount of drama...It just makes me dislike the show more than before.
I was also confused about the timeskip because I didn't understand until Kaionji talked about his exams...Seriously?! It's so difficult to write "After a few months" in the episode?! WTF...
Another confusing thing : the quarrel between Shun and Shugou. To be honest, it was a little bit disturbing. I didn't understand Kaionji's feelings.
Another disturbing episode, unfortunately.
Battery could have been a great show...

Sorry for my bad English. If I made grammatical mistakes or else, please tell me ^^. It will be a great opportunity to improve my English.
Otaku-kun01Sep 18, 2016 8:07 AM
Sep 11, 2016 11:52 PM

Jun 2013
Very meh episode, im glad theres only 2 episodes left tbh
Sep 14, 2016 3:37 AM

Mar 2009
god this show is terrible. Makes me miss Ace of Diamond's endless baseball matches and cliffhangers, even.

Only good part of this episode was the laid-back baseball game in the beginning. Seiha finally was allowed to be a part of something.
Sep 16, 2016 2:05 AM

Aug 2015
There are too many defects. And relationships between characters are too ambiguous, especially between Mizugaki and Kadowaki.
Mizugaki is hateful.
Sep 18, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
I liked Shunji by yesterday, but now?! I wanted Kadowaki to beat his ass off. What an arrogant piece of shit.
Sep 21, 2016 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
There was a time skip? I didn't even notice..
Sep 29, 2016 7:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I start to feel sleepy :(
Oct 1, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
I thought for sure Takumi's hand injury would play into the story by now.
Alright episode, just a lot of drama that doesn't really work
Oct 2, 2016 7:51 PM
Oct 2013
All these middle school kids are stirring up wayyy too much drama.... I mean they're in middle school baseball, not Major League baseball smh. Even if they we're in MLB there probably wouldn't be this much drama. They need to relax.
Oct 5, 2016 8:37 AM

Sep 2013
... And there I was, about to comment about how shun and shuugo are really wonderful friends. Didn't see how it would turn up that way.. hope I get to see them making up

They're boys that just have so much feelings, I totally understand the dramas even though I'm like way older lmao ;~;
Nov 8, 2016 5:47 AM

Mar 2015
What's up with that awkward scene at the end? It's like you've got a good friendship with someone and for shits and giggles, provoke them to the point of completely destroying all that
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 16, 2016 10:37 PM

Jul 2011
Ugh, glad I'm not watching this weekly anymore and just marathoned. So much pointless melodrama, and also a timeskip with no visible differences in the characters? What was the point...

Sigh. 2 more episodes.
May 29, 2019 12:54 AM

Mar 2009
I like Mizugaki. Shit stirrer who moves the plot forward better than the others.
Dec 12, 2019 10:58 AM

Oct 2015
Shun really likes to hear the sound of his voice. He deserved that punch!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 18, 2020 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
I like that they're just playing for fun. I'm not sure why Takumi is trying so hard, but I'm guessing his mother being against him playing baseball made him try especially hard just in defiance. Takumi seems extremely reactionary, only committing to things because people told him not to. He doesn't seem to have innate ambition, but, again, he's only 12. This show takes itself far too seriously.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battery Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2016

39 by baahsu »»
Dec 27, 2022 6:11 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2016

53 by baahsu »»
Dec 27, 2022 5:36 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2016

81 by baahsu »»
Dec 26, 2022 5:31 PM

Poll: » Battery Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

90 by Xie_lim15 »»
Mar 5, 2022 7:02 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2016

121 by Cainael »»
Nov 1, 2021 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.