Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 28, 2017 5:14 AM
Nov 2016
really disappointing, I can't call it a final episode cause again there is no ending or conclusion. it's like started to write a story and stopping in the middle of it and say "cut" we don't have enough episodes for it, so here we stop and we don't care how it's over.
again a very bad flow of building more side characters that give nothing to the overwall series, then the main importent characters that actually we care to see!
again we presented new side characters that will disappear after one episode! the main character didn't grow at all, just burly and even then it's with someone else guiding him!
very disappointing series, very bad flow and very bad building with no conclusion.
I don't even bother with the manga, cause I just don't care anymore.
Jun 22, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, I knew that guy was going to be bad news, but the leader of the Port Mafia? Definitely seems more menacing than the rest of 'em.

I wasn't really into Bungou Stray Dogs initially, but episode 3 definitely showcased its potential. The continuous action was a much appreciated departure from the dull 4-koma style gag comedy that dominated the beginning. In particular, these last three episodes were extremely solid and definitely have me on board for the second season. Atsushi vs Akutagawa was awesome and Dazai definitely has my attention (not that constantly attempting suicide didn't already do the trick). In any case, Stray Dogs was a rough start but was able to save face and finish the first act with dignity.

7/10

And on another note, I can't believe I just noticed that Taku Iwasaki composed the ost. It did a stellar job bringing out the high stakes of this final episode, particularly when Atsushi finally gets the best of Anna.
Jun 27, 2017 11:19 AM

May 2013
LOL I love how the port mafia's big boss was introduced xD he was just running around yelling for Elise-chan xDDD hilarious.

I really loved this series. It's just the execution was poorly done at times. Some episodes were rushed and a lot of potential abilities were overlooked and brushed off :( Didn't like that. There were also a few things that didn't seem clear cut to me. I thought Naomi was dead this whole time until she finally reappeared near the end of this season SMH. Comedy was great, though! And most of the characters are likable/easy to empathize with.

There was also WAY too many flashbacks, specifically of Atsushi-kun's past =___= Totally unnecessary, although it'd make a great drinking game. Take a shot every time Atsushi gets triggered LMAO. Reminds me of Sasuke's flashbacks of Itachi all over again. Yeezus.

Truthfully, I have to give this a 7/10, but I liked it so much I wanna keep it at an 8/10 Dx Hmmmm....Idk, mang :T I hope S2 is better adapted, forrealz.
Jun 29, 2017 12:54 AM

Jun 2016
I gave this anime an 8 because of Rampo. Haha! I really want to give this anime a 7 because throughout the show, I can predict what's going to happen next. Like this show's so predictable. Shame. I know who's the real villain, I know what's going to happen to the characters. It's supposed to give me a satisfying feeling for predicting a lot of happenings in the anime, but it disappointed me surprisingly.

8/10 for RAMPO! Hahahah!

I hope season 2 was great.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 27, 2017 11:49 AM

Nov 2016
This was a fun watch with some really nice, fluid animation from Bones. The OP song is kickarse too. 7/10
Dec 8, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
7/10

yoite- said:
Nice last episode and such a badass skill.
I wonder who was the man port mafia killed, or was he just some random guy.

they mentioned guild assassin or something like that

tinystar said:
Kyouko is staying with Atsushi! They're so cute as couple x3

It's seems that Kyouko knows the doctor is the Boss of Port Mafia that's why she's shivering.

i ship for them sins the train EP :D
May 2, 2018 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Comedy is off.
5/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
May 4, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2017
An new antagonist for the next arc shows up. Crazy girl attacks. The Boss of Port Mafia is funny. 4/5

Overall, it's a good anime. It have some writing problems and the comedy feels a bit out of place but the characters have personality and carry the show very well.7/10 for the anime
NurguburuMay 4, 2018 7:07 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 22, 2018 12:26 PM

May 2017
Wasn't a fan of this anime at all. I heard season 2 is supposed to be a lot better. Guess i will watch it because im curious to see what exactly they executed better. Im hoping for a much darker less comedian season. This show was a huge letdown in terms of the seriousness and darkness. The show is r+ rated and has seinen, mystery as genres i was expecting something similar to 91days in terms of tone.

The story was all over the place. The episodes were mixed like a fucking pack of candy.. Sometimes dark story driven sometimes fillery comedy. Not a big fan of the directing of this show.

I really enjoyed the comedy in the first episode but thats it. It was pretty repetitive and even managed to sometimes ruin the experience for me in serious moments.

Most of the character are pretty bland i only really liked dazai and kunikida from the agency. It really sucks when u can't connect with the main protagonist at all. I didn't hate him but i wasn't a big fan of him either.

I usually enjoy openings very much, if the song is catchy and the visuals are entertaining, i tend to watch the opening pretty much every episode but i was super bored of the opening after the second time.. the visuals weren't bad but the song just didnt fit with me. I did like the ending song though.

The animation was solid most of the time and the combat scenes were amazing looking
May 23, 2018 3:10 PM

Feb 2015
velvetprayer said:
Holy moly the background music in most of the scenes are good, the best one being the battle in Anne's room. They really brought out the atmosphere.

yeah agreed. searching up the OST later.

Venom900 said:
I don't get the emotional backstories that seem to justify "saving" characters made out to be villains in this show. I mean, one or two is okay, but every single fucking villain has a sob story that suddenly makes our savior main character want to help them?

I felt like the bigger downfall was the director....the comedic over exaggerations and how numerous they are completely kills the dark aspect to this show and really ruins certain scenes in this show. Like when Dazai intentionally got himself kidnapped and had a show down with his former partner that scene was great only to be quickly turned into a exaggerated comedy routine. There is a such thing as a time and a place for everything.

yes, that scene last episode really was the last straw for me. completely inappropriate.
---------
ah the stereotypical blonde haired blue eyed american. I AM O F F E N D E D
and wtf? is naomi sexually harassing her brother or is the relationship at least incestuous? because in that case there's nothing forced.

"vita sexualis" was such an obscure word i searched it up. i know what vita means life in old latin so i guess it means "the life of sex"???

4 out of 10 and that's pushing it.
Oct 8, 2018 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
I tried as hard as i could but just couldn't bring myself to like this in the end, i found most of the characters unlikable, annoying and pompous a-holes, the comedy was really bad as well. 5.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 15, 2018 11:36 PM

Dec 2013
That’s an op power!

The port mafia leader was definitely intimidating.

Overall a forgettable first season.
Nov 15, 2018 10:27 AM

Feb 2018
Jeez, the first thing i thought when i saw the guy in the white alb was "he really reminds me of Okabe" and the second was "he is obiouvsly mafia's boss"
Nov 17, 2018 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
I was so busy enjoying this episode that I didn't even realize it was the last episode of Season 1. Well that makes it easier to start season 2 since it S1 didn't have that sense of finality to it (it wasn't a finale anyway).

The fight between Atsushi and Lucy was really interesting! (I should've known I've heard her VA somewhere before, that beautiful voice acting belonged to none other than Kana Hanazawa!) Who would've thought the labcoat dude would be the leader of the Port Mafia? Then again Kyouka's reaction was a pretty big giveaway that something was off about him.

Then there's The Guild, the North American organization that wants The Agency's work permit. Shaaady.

Also, can I just take this moment to say that I love how there's a three-way conflict in this series, even when you think you have one enemy beat the other can pounce on you at any moment, which can also lead to some interesting alliances (albeit temporary ones).

I'd say this season was a 8.5/10, it balanced comedy with darker moments and Taku Iwasaki's trippy OSTs made it all the better. <3
Jan 30, 2019 5:14 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Well, this didnt feel like an ending to first season at all, watching the BDs, there is even a preview for ep13 that belongs to S2!

Kyouka was cute, if I didnt know there is nothing in that direction, I would be shipping both, cuz them, they do try to tease us here abit.

Anyway, nice conclusion, I forgot to say, but last episode was also really enjoyable, but it was great to see Port Mafia boss entering the scene too, Guild need to be put in their place soon enough.

Some episodes were really entertaining to watch, but this clearly feels like to be continued on next episode, rather than a proper conclusive episode to a season.

It has to be said whover that this season has some excellent music score, I very much loved that ED!
PlaycoolJan 30, 2019 5:56 PM
Apr 21, 2019 7:19 AM

Nov 2014
This boss is an interesting character. I like how he's not evil for the sake of evil and aside from his evil intentions he's just a normal human being. He's not a stereotypical antagonist at all who would kill the protagonist on sight or something. I like how he can be nice as well.

Also I wonder what role Alice plays in this series. She must be very important. Also why are there so many 'Alice's in anime? lol
May 27, 2019 9:35 PM
Jan 2019
It is not a bad anime, it has an animation and design of great characters 👌, the problem is that the story is something mediocre and it lacks more sense.
I hope that in the next two seasons I improve, since I like the combination of detective agency, mafia and superpowers xD.
Jul 20, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2008
This season felt like generic shounen to me. Flashy one dimensional characters with flashy one dimensional fights. Doesn't make sense at times too. For instance the "genius detective" character, doesn't have an ability. Yet that green light surrounds him. So whats going on? The other characters seem to react to it... but its not an ability? Just his imagination at play? Baffling.

I don't understand how such a dangerous organization like the Port Mafia wouldn't have been stamped out by the government, the Agency had to get a license through much difficulty to operate with employees with special abilities yet criminals who murder indiscriminately are left alone? Riiiiight.
Oct 10, 2019 6:19 AM
Apr 2019
Ko-me said:
really disappointing, I can't call it a final episode cause again there is no ending or conclusion. it's like started to write a story and stopping in the middle of it and say "cut" we don't have enough episodes for it, so here we stop and we don't care how it's over.
again a very bad flow of building more side characters that give nothing to the overwall series, then the main importent characters that actually we care to see!
again we presented new side characters that will disappear after one episode! the main character didn't grow at all, just burly and even then it's with someone else guiding him!
very disappointing series, very bad flow and very bad building with no conclusion.
I don't even bother with the manga, cause I just don't care anymore.

I think you should give season 2 a chance , it's 100 times better ; about those side characters, they'll be back too !
Oct 10, 2019 6:20 AM
Apr 2019
ttcchen said:
This boss is an interesting character. I like how he's not evil for the sake of evil and aside from his evil intentions he's just a normal human being. He's not a stereotypical antagonist at all who would kill the protagonist on sight or something. I like how he can be nice as well.

Also I wonder what role Alice plays in this series. She must be very important. Also why are there so many 'Alice's in anime? lol

There's the loli who's name's "Elise" while the red haired girl's nqme is "Lucy" ; don't forget that characters are based of real life japanese, american and russian authors !
Oct 10, 2019 6:21 AM
Apr 2019
TheDoggoneGirl said:
I gave this anime an 8 because of Rampo. Haha! I really want to give this anime a 7 because throughout the show, I can predict what's going to happen next. Like this show's so predictable. Shame. I know who's the real villain, I know what's going to happen to the characters. It's supposed to give me a satisfying feeling for predicting a lot of happenings in the anime, but it disappointed me surprisingly.

8/10 for RAMPO! Hahahah!

I hope season 2 was great.

Rampo shined in season 03 and he'll get alor of screen time in season 4 !
Oct 13, 2019 3:56 PM

Aug 2018
Now we get the big villain
And I didn't like that crazy ass bitch
And this episode was Amazing now to season two
Oct 20, 2019 2:39 PM
Oct 2019
I was pretty shook when it was revealed that the guy with Atsushi was Mori, leader of the Port Mafia (I didn't read the manga).
Dec 2, 2019 4:07 PM

Aug 2017
are there any animals dieing in this anime ?
Feb 2, 2020 8:47 PM
Jan 2020
a really intriguing ending to the season. the battle in anne's room was really interesting and it really was great seeing atsushi take charge of the situation instead of running away like he was going to. it really made me excited for season 2!! this show was such an enjoyable watch!! great characters and balance between humor and serious moments.
reisagisFeb 4, 2020 11:45 AM
Mar 11, 2020 5:51 AM

May 2016
I like how strong their leader was, that girl was like candy in his hand xD.
7/10 not the best but enjoyable series.
Apr 14, 2020 7:23 AM

Mar 2016
Even stupid jokes about suicide, don't spoil this title.
7/10
Apr 15, 2020 4:11 AM

Feb 2018
Bad anime overall 3/10
Jul 2, 2020 4:29 PM

Apr 2016
Nice series, I’d say characters are the strong point of the series. Dazai is my favorite out of them.
Nov 15, 2020 5:08 AM
May 2019
Really enjoyed those 5 last episodes... The show has increased value over time.

Everybody saying that this doesn't seems like a finale, but to me it fullfield its objective: presented a powerful new character and the a conflict (between the Port Mafia and the Guilda). For me a finale (once they were already thinking of season 2) has to estimulate curiosity.
One thing I love in BSD is that they present the abilities' names before the ability itself. I keep wondering what the hell they describe. So freeking curious!

I wonder how old Kyouka is! I want so much a romance for the MC </3
Dec 23, 2020 2:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This was a solid 7/10 or maybe even 8/10 anime for me for the majority of it, pretty much till episode 8. Anytime dazai is on screen is always a blast and what really carries the show for me; I'm pretty fond of every character though, but dazai and the doctor lady are definitely the best! Kinda got turned off after episode 8 though and it became kind of dull, lowered it down to a 6 for me

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 22, 2021 3:15 PM
Aug 2020
really liked this episode!!! The mafia doctor is so cool!!

So well the port mafia and the agency work together now to fight that rich man?? :0 can't wait to watch season2!!
Feb 10, 2021 10:44 PM

Sep 2018
Hmm, it was alright. It did remind of Kekkai Sensen, but just a little watered down. I wasn't expecting it to be so shounen either for some reason...

Enjoyable plot twists, some more predictable than others, and cast of characters. 7/10.
Feb 21, 2021 8:33 PM

Sep 2018
Hmmmm, so he's the boss of the Port Mafia. This anime is just fine. I'm annoyed when they always show how unlucky Atsushi is. Port Mafia doesn't look like a big threat. They just appear and disappear lol don't understand them. The agency's member are so quirky but I only like Kenji and the President, others are fine though but that's it xD 6/10.
Feb 25, 2021 2:37 PM

Mar 2019
KYOUKO!!!!! THE WAY SHE REACTED WAS FUCKING AMAZING. Poor Atsushi, he was literally talking with the mafia leader like they were understanding each other. So that "ex-doctor" was after all the leader of the port mafia. No wonder that random girl felt so much malice coming from him.

Good last episode, didn't really like The Guild introduction that much? But I absolutely enjoyed seeing the last part.

Now, the first half was kind of annoying and somewhat boring with that god damn flashback repeating over and over again. Overall it was still good (nothing bad to say for the animation and OST since Bones was the studio working on this) so strong 7/10 or 8/10, I still have to decide between these 2.

P.S: Forgot to write about the actual last part (when he returned only to see The Guild's assassin dead on the floor. That scene was 10/10 with Chuuya in the middle. This made the port mafia so muchbetter, while before this it was only Akutagawa carrying it, now they showed their true power, that assassin got destroyed. Looking forward to the 2nd season!

Alex_TheForestFeb 25, 2021 2:46 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 1, 2021 11:18 AM

Apr 2020
The first half of the season is very average and painful to watch. It actuallly made me stop watching for over a year because I forgot about it. LOL

The 2nd half is actually amazing. If it was the 12 eps like this it would have been a 9 or a 10 for me.

Now it stays at a 7/10 but it made me hype for the sequel.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 9, 2021 10:44 AM
Mar 2021
The final episode wasn't bad I liked it. Overall a pretty good season 7/10
Jun 30, 2021 9:01 AM

Nov 2020
Nice 1st season, time for the 2nd one :D.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Aug 13, 2021 9:55 PM
Dec 2017
can't wait to watch the second season already.

Sep 28, 2021 12:10 PM
Nov 2020
The pacing in this anime is AMAZING. So much transpired in one episode without feeling rushed.
Oct 28, 2021 6:03 PM
Sep 2020
Aww Atsushi and Kyouka are roommates !! Atsushi and Tanizaki face Lucy who had a past like Atsushi !!

Kyouka was worried about Atsushi and she hugged him too !!! I love the relationship Atsushi and Kyouka have !! They are too cute together !!

I knew that guy looked strange from the start ! I had a feeling that he was the leader of the mafia !! Mori ( Port Mafia Leader ) can act so innocent !! Kyouka looked like she knew him somehow, probably the voice !! Kyouka looked terrified !!

The first season is lovely and is one of my favorite anime !! I love the art style, the plot, voice actors and everything about Bungo Stray Dogs !! I cant wait to see the next season !!
Sam_SinghOct 28, 2021 6:10 PM
Dec 5, 2021 1:53 AM

May 2020
Seems to be continued. Not good battle but Atsushi got a good word from his opponent lel. I know from the first time that professor is the head leader of Port Mafia. Thought they will start a war soon.
Feb 11, 2022 11:15 PM
Mar 2020
very good would recommend
Feb 11, 2022 11:15 PM
Mar 2020
very good would recommend
May 19, 2022 12:16 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao was that leader guy supposed to be a refrence to Okabe Rintarou? He even had the same name
Anyways good anime. Will continue watching, it really reminds me of season 1 of Durarara before it went downhill. I like it
خ
Sep 4, 2022 11:08 AM
Aug 2022
10/10 series loved season 1 definitely looking forward to season 2
Sep 12, 2022 3:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the guild is really no joke, I loved that alternate dimension and Atsushi fought well for sure, now the mafia is at it again it's gonna be difficult with the agency vs the guild vs the mafia
Sep 28, 2022 11:14 AM
Feb 2022
boring. Only the last part of episodes are actually mid the other parts of episodes are like slice of life.
Oct 14, 2022 3:02 AM
Jul 2016
It was ok.

But why is there a Japanese word in the English title? Why the heck is "Bungou" in the English title? A title should either be all English or all Japanese. Is there no translation for that word in English or something or did they just get lazy?

You know what, I don't care anymore. I'm just going to start calling the show "Bungalow Stray Doggies" 😂
Oct 17, 2022 8:50 PM

Oct 2018
Even though it was one of the better episodes, it doesn't necessarily work as a season climax, feels more like the start of a new arc. Overall, taking both the individual stories as well as the greater plot (both related to mafia), it kind of felt messy. The characters and their interactions with Igarashi faces were clearly my favorite thing about it, the character faces were also very consistent and I'm obviously going to watch s2 because Takuya Igarashi.
Etherius_ZSOct 29, 2022 4:48 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

153 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.