Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh that's quite some acting on stage.

Decent wrap up episode of the series. We get some more storytelling about the D-Agency members one last time and even a little background story. A bit of an open ending but I'm fine with it. This has been quite a thriller from start to finish.
Jun 21, 2016 10:36 AM

May 2014
Really liked the episode, again. But for me it didn't feel like a final episode at all.
Jun 21, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2011
Can only agree with @Ironstorm
It should have been a longer show
I'm feeling thank you
Jun 21, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
That was kind of an underwhelming episode

Pretty alright series overall
Jun 21, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
The acting in stage was good.

This episode didn't feel like a final episode at all!
Jun 21, 2016 10:44 AM

Jun 2014
Colonel Yuuki still finishing with that catch phrase that we saw from the beginning. Each episode was compelling enough to make me interested in the series. I particularly liked how each case had some sort of connection to the D-agency which isn't enough to make it an overarching storyline. I need more episodes but beggers can't be choosers.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 21, 2016 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
Now that I think about it this case is really belong to him, not the D-Agency. But still, D-Agency seems willing to help him gather all the info. Damn I want more of this kind of story.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 21, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
I think this anime could have been much better if it wasn't episodic. And if it had to be episodic, it would have been really cool if all the seemingly unconnected episodes somehow meshed together to form a big connected storyline. Oh well, this series was still pretty decent, 6/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 21, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2015
Good episode but really, that's it?
Overall I liked the show but it could be so much more interesting if it had some major plot or at least more connection between episodes and not just random cases with random faces.
Jun 21, 2016 11:14 AM
Mar 2008
So....................reading some coments, it appears so but i still have to ask: What was the main-plot of this again?
Jun 21, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Didn't feel like a finale at all.

Was a pretty interesting event seeing the spy getting distracted by his own memories and eventually resigning cause he felt he would never be able to abandon the past which made him the person he is.
He's right though, The rest of the D Agency members are monsters XD

That final line from Yuuki "Who bows in a business suit?" xD

Overall, It was a nice enjoyable show. The take on espionage and the life of a spy was very intriguing and entertaining to see. I did feel that the episodes in the middle were lacking compared to the starting and these final few episodes.
The only other issue for me was the episodic nature, It wasn't bad but I just feel this show would have been way better if it had a more overarching plot or a more in depth spy mission.
7/10
Jun 21, 2016 11:21 AM

Mar 2013
the ending makes me think there's going to be a sequel even though I know at best we could get an OVA. the one thing that still upsets me is that they only played the real joker game once and that's it. one thing I learned from watching this anime is that there are varies ways to pass on a message and that either everyone is a spy or a double crosser. the episode itself kept me guessing (and I was half right) as who'd done it and how they did it. I'm glad they also answered why there weren't any women on D-Agency or why they don't recruit any I mean.
Jun 21, 2016 11:27 AM

Oct 2014
I was really hoping for something amazing from the last ep but it was still enjoyäble
Jun 21, 2016 11:29 AM

May 2015
Guess it was an alright wrap-up, but at the same time, it didn't feel like a final episode.... Well, aside from that, this show was an enjoyable and good watch overall. 8/10.

Jun 21, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
I honestly thought the final will involve Sakuma somehow, but I guess he played his role in the beginning. I didn't expect Odagiri tho
So glad to see my boy Miyoshi alive and talking.. after the depressing previous episode
Jun 21, 2016 11:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yuuki is an amazing character, he smiled to this guy at the end. He was too pure-hearted for the agency.

7/10
Jun 21, 2016 11:49 AM
Jun 2013
haha love it when Yuuki keepin it real til the end. Yuuki reminding him the first lesson he ever taught him and it ties things up nicely at the end there.
Jun 21, 2016 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wonder if we will get another second season of this? I don't expect sales to be too good to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 2016 12:07 PM

Feb 2015
I really like that this ending wasn't really that bizarre or hype. i mean, the plot was still flat or still on the same level like every episode. nothing changed. nothing was getting more interesting. and nothing was getting bad. and i really like that way and enjoyed it a lot. most reason because the way they made the plot or the story. i mean, each episode, it has a different plot. the story felt like adventure, seinen story and i really like it alot.

moreover, i think the plot was really good too each episode. it made the episode looked more interesting too, to me.

i can't lie to myself. i'm giving this anime 9/10. i just enjoyed it alot.
great show. i really wish they made it 2 cour so that there would be an actual main plot.....but i would like it equally, eithery way :D but i still wish this episode was longer :( too bad it only has 12 episode :c

but that line in the end tho xD
"who bows while wearing a business suit ?" xD somehow what made me laugh a bit.
Jun 21, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Was this meant to be the final episode, cos it didn't feel like it at all?

Either way, this show tried to do something different, but ultimately only did a half-decent job at doing so. After all, it was episodic in the worst of ways and jumped all over the place, abandoning plot points as quickly as they came up, but what's worse is that the characters largely became forgettable, with the only memorable one other than Yuuki (ie: Sakuma) disappearing entirely after the first few episodes. So much for his prominence in promotion materials. At least Yuuki was interesting enough to at least start to make up for that.

7/10. Will probably be forgotten fairly quickly.
Jun 21, 2016 12:15 PM

May 2016
Tbh I was just happy Miyoshi was alive

Also I loved how Yuuki said to Odagiri the same thing that he said to Sakuma in the first ep

Jun 21, 2016 12:21 PM
Aug 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
So....................reading some coments, it appears so but i still have to ask: What was the main-plot of this again?

Reading the comments, and having thought about it, i reached the conclusion there probably was none. Each episode was something special for each character, I think. Something like that. No main storyline, no main plot.
Jun 21, 2016 12:21 PM
Apr 2016
i like how everyone kept saying "happy miyoshi was alive"

was.

last episode is a year before the previous. hahahahahahahaha
Jun 21, 2016 12:22 PM
Aug 2015
Overall, an okay anime. I didn't dislike it. I thought there was more to it, and hoped to prove my classmates wrong about the anime being boring. But there is only so much you can watch without a main storyline. I think I'm gonna give this a 6 or 7.

Miyoshi being alive though. That either means he faked his death, or this is not told in chronological order.
Jun 21, 2016 12:23 PM
Apr 2016
Sirev_Giio said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Reading the comments, and having thought about it, i reached the conclusion there probably was none. Each episode was something special for each character, I think. Something like that. No main storyline, no main plot.

this hit me the hardest. I was following through the series expecting some major plot uncovering itself. connecting the dots.........aaaand nope. what a bummer.
Jun 21, 2016 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
episode 1 was promising but the fact that it was episodic and pretty bad at given a proper introduction to each setting kinda annoyed me and bored me at some point.. 7/10
Jun 21, 2016 12:27 PM
Aug 2015
vainfyqri said:
Sirev_Giio said:

this hit me the hardest. I was following through the series expecting some major plot uncovering itself. connecting the dots.........aaaand nope. what a bummer.

I couldn't agree more. I was really expecting something interesting to happen, like something in the end tying all the different threads into one knot. Too bad, though.
Jun 21, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
Well that seemed quite intersting.. though it did not had the feel of the last episode though
Jun 21, 2016 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Akira193 said:
Also I loved how Yuuki said to Odagiri the same thing that he said to Sakuma in the first ep

With a smug smile tho. That made so happy; have a feeling he loves the boy. After all, Odagiri was one of his bests.

Imo, it was a perfect choice for a final episode. Interesting to know that Odagiri's mission happend after Sakuma's case. Basically he's the first one from the spies who gets a mission, if my sources are correct that is. Unfortunately he's too pure to get along with the spy life; he hasn't fully killed his heart judging by voluntarily resigning. I think this was a better episode than last week.

I'm leaving it unscored for now. I actually plan on rewatching it, but I wanna try watching the missions by how did they go on chronological order to see how it looks like.
I, too, wished this was a longer show. 2cour would've been satisfying enough.
Jun 21, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
Didn't feel like a last episode but still, fun series. The trick for me to enjoy this was to imagine myself in place of the spies, got an awesome experience out of it.

7.75/10, rounded off to 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2016 12:42 PM

Dec 2013
OH ho ho.... so the German dude's lover was also a spy eh? No wonder she reallocated to Manchuria. And no wonder he ripped up his resignation letter to go tail her.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 21, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2014
I came here for the beautifully condescending smirks that I saw on the cover.

I was not disappointed.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 21, 2016 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
I liked this series a lot....

I couldn't care less about a complete story.....

Each episode was epic and involved a untangling a complex set of threads of backstabbing and conspiracy that too in layers!!! The animation quality was also quite decent. The anime is quite enjoyable for a mystery freak....

I enjoyed each and every episode....there is not much anime of this genre available and it's not for some idiots who only search for a complete story for the entire series....

Hope for a 2nd season :D

9/10
Jun 21, 2016 12:55 PM

Sep 2009
It had its moments when it was good but other times it was just average. It was a nice anime but the final episode did not feel like it. Just seemed like another episode.
Jun 21, 2016 12:56 PM
Jul 2015
Hate how this anime wasn't in some linear thing like a story. Ruined it for me. Owell.
Jun 21, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2016
I was expecting more but each episode had something new and I really enjoyed the moments when Yuki would beat the opposing agency and the German general guy. This episode was good, we got to see the spies all in one episode once again.
Jun 21, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2014
What a final episode tbh, easily one of the best ones during this series. Sad to see it end, I found it rather enjoyable for the most part, despite the odd pacing, so a 7/10.
Jun 21, 2016 1:32 PM

Nov 2013
Sirev_Giio said:

Miyoshi being alive though. That either means he faked his death, or this is not told in chronological order.

The entire series was told in anachronic order. The show's website has a timeline to help us:

1939 - Episodes 1 and 2; 12; 6; 5;

1940 - Episodes 7; 10; 3; 8 and 9; 11

1941 - Episode 4
Jun 21, 2016 2:00 PM
Aug 2015
JGChaves said:
Sirev_Giio said:

The entire series was told in anachronic order. The show's website has a timeline to help us:

1939 - Episodes 1 and 2; 12; 6; 5;

1940 - Episodes 7; 10; 3; 8 and 9; 11

1941 - Episode 4

Now that you mention it, you're right. Thank you, that clears up a lot.
Jun 21, 2016 2:10 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A nice series that had a lovely dark atmosphere most of the time. Mostly interesting episodes and likable characters. The art was done well without a CGI overload that seems to prevail in a lot of current anime. 8/10
Jun 21, 2016 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, Joker Game doesn't give me time to heal my wounds from the last episode.
Well, now that is over, all I can say is that the first 2 episodes of this show were a blast. Episode 3 was very interesting in it's own way, but that's when I realized that this is, unfortunately, an episodic anime. If there were more episodes, this could definitely be amazing, I mean Joker Game has a lot of potential (story setting, interesting characters, beautiful art and soundtracks...). It would have been fine even if Sakuma was the main character the whole time and that the story is (mostly) about him trying to fit in the D-Agency. It's a shame it ended up like this, but what can we do.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 21, 2016 3:10 PM

Jul 2011
A bunch of pretty boy spies sitting around a table in a dark room, smoking with smirks on their faces. LOL. Love it.

Wish it was more linear though. The episodic nature didn't do much for it.

And couldn't we have at least ended with the Yuuki episodes instead? Or Miyoshi's death?
This episode was not really that suitable for a finale.
Jun 21, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2012
That was rather uneventful for a final episode but I guess I was expecting too much to begin with especially when they started having some sort of plot near the end.

The episode itself was pretty nice. Wish they made it clear when the events in the episode happened since Miyoshi was apparently alive in this ep.

As for the series itself, it wasn't bad; I quite liked it a lot for that matter. I just really wished it wasn't episodic because this definitely had potential to be really good for sure. The mysteries were pretty cool and I love the intelligent shit going on even if I was lost a few times. I especially loved the theme since it's not often you'd see stuff take place in the early 1900's.

7.5/10
Jun 21, 2016 3:43 PM

Jun 2012
Even when they are all in the same room together, I cant tell who is who. Disappointed with this, great IG production but lousy story.
Jun 21, 2016 3:44 PM

Sep 2015
Overall, this wasn't as bad as MAL score suggest. It surely has too many flaws, but I never got cancer for watching this (except in EP 4).

5/10. Could be better, but I liked it in the end.

You just lost the game
Jun 21, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
The episode didn't felt at all like a final episode, but it really fits the tone of the series, so I'm perfectly fine with it.

Really liked how they emphasized Odagiri's character and how he is told apart of the other members of the D-Agency. He is the only one whose past is revealed, the only one whose true name is revealed and the only one who resigns of his position at the end, in contrast with the other spies, of which we don't know either past, background, name or feelings. Loved that detail.

Overall, I liked this. I expected something more at the beginning, but the episodic nature of the series didn't bothered me at all and made the thing really like an spy movie. The atmosphere was fitting and the character of Yuuki was awesome. 7/10.

Btw, for those who ask why Miyoshi is still alive in this, this happened before the previous episode.
Jun 21, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2016
Joker Game was the show I was most looking forward to this season, so I guess I was disappointed to some degree, especially with how "episodic" it was... At least with how they concluded the show.
Though I assume there could easily be another season, or maybe some of the OVAs will showcase Odagiri's new mission as a Lieutenant.

Thankfully the show was pretty entertaining as a whole, but the characters were not memorable at all to me, aside from Yuuki, and ending the first season on an episode that happened prior to the events of episode 11 feels quite unsatisfying.
Well, I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming specials and hopefully a future season... Though I think if they keep running with this "format" in a future season, the show will probably run stale for me.
Jun 21, 2016 4:24 PM

Sep 2009
We still have two more DVD/BD-eps to go. And i really don't care that some people find the series boring or were enraged because of lack of the main plot. It was a good spy series with every ep being different and with good attention to details.
Jun 21, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2007
I cannot help but feel that this episode should have been switched with episode 11. Miyoshi's death had such an impact, not to mention Yuuki's past, that it would have been a great way of finishing the series with a bang.

I had nothing against this episode, though, and quite enjoying having some background on a D-Agency spy but it was hardly half as interesting as 11. And yes, this could do with a second season. Then again, Yuuki did say that once a war breaks spies become useless so there might not be a lot more for the D-Agency boys to do, given the timeline.
Jun 21, 2016 5:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ironstorm said:
Really liked the episode, again. But for me it didn't feel like a final episode at all.
My thoughts in a nutshell
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2016

178 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.