Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 29, 2016 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
Ugh, here I was hoping Hayato was a closet fairy and it turns out that he was just being used as a "puppet" by his parents. Most boring backstory ever. Typical, recycled, blah! I'm glad Mitsumune yelled at him and left his ass back at that abandoned factory. Would've been better if he punched him in the face once more.

I'm sure the guy who saved Lion and the other girls from Jack/Sasaki is Masaki's long lost cousin.
臭い-
May 29, 2016 9:26 PM

Jun 2015
probably the best comedy of the year.
May 29, 2016 9:32 PM

Dec 2014
im starting to appreciate the soundtrack, its like halloweeny and really good.
May 30, 2016 12:13 AM
May 2016
At first I liked Hayato since he looked like he was smart. Guess, I was wrong. His background was cliche and he was stupid to think he wanted a puppet of his own.

I think Mayoiga is a comedy, right? xD
May 30, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2015
Jack is back and got punched ? HELL
May 30, 2016 10:06 AM

Feb 2009
This anime is devolving into quite the shitfest.
May 30, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2012
I think we're all sad about Hayato. So much shipping and in the end we saw the true reason for him to be always with Mitsumune. No yaoi.
May 30, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
"This is just like Nanaki village"

No it's not, the place is a big mess!

The moment when the "monsters" showed up was just.....SO BAD. And the music during that scene, how can anyone take this seriously
May 30, 2016 11:47 AM

May 2007
There is nothing unusual here:
They are all in coma;
Need to defeat their mental fear or get rid of the blocks in order to wake up;
Tunel is a metaphor of "moving on", moving "through something".
The main dude faced his fears and accepted himself - bam the penguin (aka fear) got smaller and he woke up;
Maybe the b*tch is just "the fear itself". She doesn't want to let them go through the tunnel.
May 30, 2016 11:59 AM

Feb 2016
Valkana's monster though...#done. I'm legit done. LOOOOOL but how ?_?

IDK, but I find Hayato's story the most sensible, if anything compared to the other shit ones. At least we know there's a reason behind his crazy dominant behaviour. The boss driver should just die, he's being extra for no reason.

Why does Soy Latte keep squeezing her stomach whenever she's making a prediction? lol wut dee fuk ?_?

A thing that pissed me off was how Mitsumune was running away from the monster, but when the monster actually fell off the cliff ( which was his chance to make a break for it) he ran towards the monster. Just fuck that... fuck it all.

But yay... Jack is back (that rhymed). Pretty curious about what his dilemma might be tbh. And boom... another cliffhanger.
May 30, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I'm pretty sure it was Reiji who saved the girls.

I agree.

I'm just wondering why Jack attacked them in the first place. That girl was really his only real ally from the original group. Also, what is Reiji doing on this side of the tunnel, how did Valkana get to the other side seemingly without crossing the tunnel, and where's Koharun?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 30, 2016 3:06 PM

Apr 2014
Lara said:
[spoiler]They are all in coma;
The main dude faced his fears and accepted himself - bam the penguin (aka fear) got smaller and he woke up;
Maybe the b*tch is just "the fear itself". She doesn't want to let them go through the tunnel.[spoiler]

That is a good sounding theory. But how would they be in the same coma dream, unless it was just one persons?
---------My Profile------------
May 30, 2016 10:34 PM
May 2016
What Im gathering from these monsters is that in the village they are symbols of lingering scars. Once they proceed to the tunnel it becomes a physical onslaught of these monsters. Being able to pass through is what represents finally standing against it and finding resolve. I believe we can expect to see more of the significant characters passing through, as well as discovering what is turning these people into the homicidal archers.
May 30, 2016 11:19 PM

Nov 2014
Kids on this show sure got a messed up parents. These people shouldn't be left wandering into a mysterious village, they need a profesional help.

That being said, are we seriously gonna take the Maze Runner route?

And, wow, this Masaki girl sure doesn't have the capability to learn, does she? After all that stupid commotion last time, sneaking off by yourself in a foggy place won't do you any good. Or maybe she's just an M who enjoy being accused at lol.
KannaAyasakiMay 30, 2016 11:29 PM
May 31, 2016 4:10 AM

Nov 2014
A fairly decent episode, probably because no Lovepon, and we found out more about Hayato's past..
To be honest, I'm surprised. Here I was thinking Hayato is one of the only people who has a right mindset, but turns out he had some screws loose...
But I do remember Hayato calling Mitsumine "his friend" in a few episodes, so I do think he considered him as a friend as well.. I don't know. But I hope their relationship improves, because Gayato is totally gay for Mitsumine.

Other than that... I believe that the current villages that are filled with monsters, are sort of like 'tests', for the characters to get over their fears and worries before entering the real Namaki Village. Like Mitsumine got over his fear of that penguin, he ended up waking up in a place which looks like a hospital, possibly in a completely new village (possibly the real village)

And I'm assuming that Reiji is the one controlling the Jacks, and saved the girls.
I'm also assuming that he's the one who free'd the psycho Jack from his cell
May 31, 2016 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
This anime is totally unpredictable, but it's so entertaining to watch.
The scene in the tunnel was scary, it's impossible to go through it without a bus. Masaki is still suspicious, I can't understand what she wants even if I know that her cousin is alive
May 31, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2007
Wings said:
Lara said:
[spoiler]They are all in coma;
Maybe the b*tch is just "the fear itself". She doesn't want to let them go through the tunnel.[spoiler]

That is a good sounding theory. But how would they be in the same coma dream, unless it was just one persons?

Collective "dream"? They are all in this together, but at the same time they see different things. Maybe it's a "meeting place"?
Some mythology and superstition here..
I think that Nanaki Village is.. Well, how should I explain..
In Japanese "nana" means "seven" and "ki" means "Power". So we have something like.. the seventh power/soul/spirit/life energy. Now, the seventh chakra is the connective center to spirit, they say that if you are in coma, you are balancing between the spirit world and human existence, therefore your fears might materialize before you.

I see Nanaki VILLAGE (means that there are more than one people) as a collective place, where all those "balancing people" meet. The main chick is definitely there for the longest period (might be in coma for a looong time). Other people are just passengers (that's why every house looks as if someone just been there), So based on my not so intelligent explanation, I think that if you beat your fear, you balance back into your body, because you make a peace with both your body and soul. If not - then you will keep being in coma, because those fears will not let you to accept and face all your inner fears and the blocks will get bigger.

Derp.
May 31, 2016 12:49 PM
Oct 2013
The production quality of this episode dropped quite a bit.

Btw, in case anyone didn't know, Mitumune and Masaki later got the roles as the lead actor and actress in Momokuri.
May 31, 2016 4:05 PM

Mar 2014
A part of me likes to think that while the characters were suspecting each other, Jack and Jugdness were just going all out warfare with bows and arrows against each other.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 31, 2016 7:05 PM

Oct 2014
raveninthemuddle said:
Thirteen Animation Directors!

You've outdone Iron Fortress in a single episode. I applaud you.

This explains so much.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
May 31, 2016 10:05 PM

Oct 2009
story-telling/background of each characters are much better than Joker Game imo
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Jun 1, 2016 6:20 PM
Feb 2016
I have no idea whats going on in this anime and thats exactly why i love it, i can't even predict an ending lol
Jun 2, 2016 4:06 AM

Nov 2015
I can't understand anything! And those monsters are funny!

Mitsumune's trust in Masaki is annoying af

Jun 2, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2012
Oh Hayato... Actually that scene was the first I enjoyed and kinda understood too. But that doesn't mean the story is getting better. I don't expect anything anymore this anime is a shitfest.
OokamiRisuJun 2, 2016 4:42 AM
Jun 2, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
They better explain everything until episode 12 xD
Poor Hayato, now we know about his childhood trauma and it wasn't good, his parents were such an assholes! :( But at least we now know why he had that type of attitude towards Mitsumune.
And that guy in the end he is probably the Masaki's cousin.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 3, 2016 6:35 PM

Apr 2015
Why the hell did that girl say she's going to the toilet and runs away afterwards? Bruh.
Jun 3, 2016 8:43 PM
Mar 2015
rsc-pl said:
5/5 as always. And mandatory mention, I don't understand the whole hate.

You gave Sakamoto a 5, gave Erased a 10, Cowboy Bebop a 6, Dagashi Kashi a 9, Noragami a 5, One punch man a 4, and KONO FUCKING SUBA A 4, And you refuse to acknowledge that good dubs exist, as well as there being NO JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE ON YOUR LIST.<br>
And you read the MANGA for spice and wolf, not the fucking anime, not the fucking light novel, the FUCKING MANGA. LITERALLY THE WORST WAY TO EXPERIENCE IT.<br>

The reason why you can't understand why people find mayoiga to be bad is because you have incredibly shit taste.

Moving on, mayoiga continues to be stupid as always, still hoping it'll give me something at the end to redeem itself though I know it wont.
Jun 3, 2016 11:50 PM

Aug 2013
Mentroxene said:
rsc-pl said:
5/5 as always. And mandatory mention, I don't understand the whole hate.
>

The reason why you can't understand why people find mayoiga to be bad is because you have incredibly shit taste.

Oh another 'my taste is perfect because I like everything which is popular'
I don't even want to waste my time to do a proper response,
Btw this is not a place for discussion about lists.
So f*ck off.
Btw, so you love KonoSuba? And you are telling me that I have a shit taste hahaha. OK. Anyway I don't care about you opinion. And it's not my concern that your brain can't process the information that I don't like this kind comedy as you, I can say exactly the same thing about your taste, and Jojo? Another overhyped shounen shit. I watched 1st season and didn't even finish it, so why it should be on my list?
So, well again f*ck off.
rsc-plJun 4, 2016 12:00 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 4, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2015
The backstory of the week was slightly above the previous characters backgrounds for me but it is not like all this confession could lead to redemption with only three episodes left.
It looks also like the makers suddenly woke up about the end date of their series, there was a very little progression in the story (and that is quite big compared to previously).

3.5/5
Jun 4, 2016 9:15 AM
Mar 2015
I don't care about you opinion. [/quote]\
you certainly cared enough to respond. your brain couldn't comprehend why this anime is disliked, I gave you a perfectly reasonable explanation why you couldn't. only reason I used the list data was to back up the explanation. Ignore it if you want, honestly doesn't make a difference. and just for reference, I generally don't care about the popularity of a work(unless its shit and somehow popular), all that matters to me is quality and enjoyment : D
but yeah you're right, this isn't the place to discuss this, so you probably shouldn't respond so you can uphold that and be the better person, <3 <3 ~
Jun 4, 2016 4:52 PM
Mar 2012
Seems Reiji appears to save them. Judge's savior & leader seems to refer to Reiji too. So Reiji & Judge were hunting down Jack. But why did Judge shoot Valhana & Koharun too? He went insane?
Big reveal on new village beyond the tunnel, but everything's still "foggy".
Feels like both archers so far & Masaki are preventing folks from leaving the village. Stone carving also suggests the same, they must "accept Nanaki" before moving on. There's no "nice" reason for Masaki to care about these people, so maybe Masaki & Reiji (+ Judge) have a masterplan. Masaki running off being fishy as usual.
Nanko's great. Valhana's wood monster of abstract art.
Gaystar inherited Puppetmaster skill. But penguin & puppet decide to fall from a cliff & cross a river. So symbolic.
What Mitsumune came to the hospital dream or washed away in the river & saved in reality?
Jun 5, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
So we saw a bit of Hayato's past, his family was not so perfect.
Jun 6, 2016 5:28 PM

Dec 2009
They all seem to spot the monster in the same location at any given time, i'm thinking it's a supernatural creature of some form, like the boggart in Harry Potter.

Still not sure what the deal is with the villages and their contradictory aging though.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jun 7, 2016 1:59 PM
Apr 2014
Ok that was way more interesting than the previous episode. Hayato turned out to be a real asshole. Not much of a surprise. Just the depth of it was slightly bigger than expected.

Masaki running away was weird. Why is she scared so much by those words on the stone? Also that area looked a lot more like the one Masaki was to with her cousin.

And that end, man... Both Jacks run around with a bow and attack the group? And then the guy at the end has to be Masaki's cousing. Who else would be up there. The thing with the bow and arrow is really weird though. What's up with that?

Another episode of "What the fuck is even going on?"
Jun 8, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
jack is back hahahaha. Kill them jack!
Hayato has to die first!
And masaki-san is not telling everything she knows. But i was happy that finally we saw what is in the end of tunnel
Jun 9, 2016 2:41 AM

Oct 2008
hahahahahahaha this show is a MESS!!!
a new character showed-up!
no appearance of love-pon is such a bore!
5/5!
matias067Jun 9, 2016 2:45 AM

Jun 9, 2016 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
The jacks are back lmao. I'm guessing the savior was probably Masaki's cousin?
Entertaining episode but needs more Love-Pon.
Jun 11, 2016 1:26 AM

May 2010
.Here comes everyone's favorite "victim", Jack. Thank you very much for believing in him.

I'm liking the Maimai trio.
Jun 12, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2013
This show defied Physics law @5:45 when the bus-driver braked, Hayato fell back on his ass!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 13, 2016 3:24 AM

Jul 2013
Boring episode. Probably because it wasn't centered in the group's antics but rather in individual characters.

I almost get sympathy for Hayato until he tolds Mitsumune he views him as a puppet. Respect for Mitsumune for leaving him like that and still wanting to have his own identity.

Masaki is still acting suspicious... wonder why she will plan after all. Wonder what happened with the Driver too.

I'm sure Reiji was the one who saved the girls from Jack. Probably best part of the episode.

The ending was surprising.

Kaikko said:
Ok, now I have a theory:

I thought the same. I'm expecting something different, however.
Jun 15, 2016 8:08 AM

Feb 2016
Hayato's been suspicious of masaki all the time but then when she uses the oldest trick in history by saying that she's to go to the bathroom he doesn't care. Also him using mitsumune as a puppet was an interesting reveal.
Jun 18, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
Reiji appereance I supose.
And damn that grandma is scary
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
Hayato's past was heartwrenching and plain sad. I can understand why he is like this because he was being used like a puppet by his parents and wants to do same with Mitsumune. It's pretty messed up.

Valkana fighting his monster was hilarious. And there was another village? How is that possible?
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jul 5, 2016 5:28 AM
Jun 2016
All the anime's I've seen recently involved at least one person tripping up or falling over.
Jul 10, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2010
Valkana's monster is the fucking dumbest. It's like they were trying to go for Silent Hill 2 levels of subtlety in their monster design and failed miserably.

And all the penguins and shitty parenting is giving me Penguindrum flashbacks.

And fucking Christ, how are these people not dead yet?! We're 9 episodes in and only one person died!

Nanko continues to be only character with a brain.
Jul 16, 2016 11:55 AM

Jun 2010
Well that was kinda obvious that the guy shooting arrows is Jack.
But I wonder was it Masaki's cousin in that cliffhanger moment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2016 9:39 PM

May 2012
Hmm interesting development, it's still getting quite weird though!
Sep 16, 2016 9:03 AM

Sep 2015
It is realy getting weird in a bad way.
Dec 5, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2014

Piece of shit. Why do people even like this guy?
The argument between him and Mitsumune was hilariously bad. I felt absolutely nothing for these two.

Misaki's still being a shady little cunt. I'm starting to regret that she wasn't killed a few episodes ago.
And don't even get me started on Valhara's "monster", like what the fuck is that thing?

At least Nanko's smile was satisfying. <3
Jul 30, 2017 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
Hayato dipped.
Dat grandma.
Wow. A puppet of his own.
Hold up. Valkana scared of wood?
LMAo It's Jack.
Is that...Reiji?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.