Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 4, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The beginning had one of those dark opening scenes with some struggles and sealing.
From the story, it has revenge themes in it so not expecting the series to be a happy one. At least Hiiro seems somewhat cool.

Underwhelming start so far. I hope it improves especially since this has a strange pacing imo so far. The story feels like it's all over the place although the action itself isn't bad. Overall meh episode though.
Stark700Apr 4, 2016 11:24 AM
Apr 4, 2016 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
It's not bad actually.
Apr 4, 2016 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
It was not that bad at all.

Hiiro seems like a cool guy! The action was so meh!
Apr 4, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
I have a feeling that this dragon will be like his guardian, because of this curse? and another theory that girl which we saw is that dragon's humanoid form :f

Anyway not bad for first episode.
Apr 4, 2016 12:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was decent enough.....I wonder if this will have a good amount of ecchi moments

MC was great though
Apr 4, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2015
'Meh' is kind of everything I can say so far... it sorta went all over the place without explaining anything whatsoever, lol.
That said, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that Hiiro is NOT 'Overpowered Sword-user Number 28246' :D
Apr 4, 2016 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
they don't explain anything, it's kinda boring
i hope it'll improve..
Apr 4, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
Meh... I've seen better
Apr 4, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2014
Overall first impressions 'meh', 'eh'.
Hiiro seems pretty alright though, like others have said. Him being voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is a huge plus for me.
Apr 4, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2010
Interesting and likeable MC, (unlike that clueless,annoying re:zero dumbass of an mc).

ppl are definitely right about the episode being allover the place.

I think Hiiro and the dragon are bound to each other and if one dies so does the other..thats why the dragon protected the MC in the end of the episode.

next episodes will have some explaining to do.
Apr 4, 2016 12:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That was pretty unimpressive. I feel like something happened, but at the same time nothing happened. The MC was the only real positive thing to take away from the show, everyone else was just so generic. I did like the cat girl though, she was pretty cute.

We need some explanation on what's going on to really get things moving, because I was pretty lost for the whole thing. Obviously he and the dragon are linked at the heart from a spell his father cast.
Apr 4, 2016 1:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Besides the MC, I didn't like anything else :/

2/5
Apr 4, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
At least Hiiro is a likable MC

The only thing I really got from this first episode is that Hiiro and the dragon are bounded by some sort of spell

Apr 4, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2015
Loved this first episode. Animation is not impressive because nobody has ever heard of this studio but the art was pretty cool so it didnt bother me at all. I love the set up for it. His father was interrupted in the ritual so the mc needs to get revenge on that person, whoever it is. I like the mc's motto, although it seems he is using tocover his weaknesses. I really like the mc. He isnt strong but he is very agile. Seems like it will be a very interesting story. And for people complaining that things arent explained, its the first episode. Why the hell would you want the whole plot to be explained on the first episode? Give it time to build its world. Its the same as the people who complained the same thing about bubuki buranki which made it unpopular despite being a great anime. Its really unfair because the show eventually did explain most of its plot points while leaving the rest to the upcoming season 2. So you really should not judge this anime for that same reason until much later. So yeah, cool art, good action, likable mc, interesting story. And the op was amazing
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Apr 4, 2016 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
it was a confusing episode to me. well, for the main plot, i understand it, but there were some few things which is confusing. i was actually suprised that the beginning scene was just an act XD

the action was actually looking good imo. decent yet confusing episode i guess ??
Apr 4, 2016 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty decent episode so far.

I actually like the MC xD though voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka... its rather weird for me.
Then again why am I complaining? I have Kirito from SAO as my cutesy husbando and he voiced him too.
Apr 4, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
I feel like the episode ended before I managed to decide that the show is bad.

Because of that the "meh" rating is really on point so while I am not too excited about the next episode maybe I will watch it... maybe not.
Apr 4, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2015
What the fuck was with that attack name "Lightning Flashy Flash Stingy Sting Charge"? That was lame as fuck. Other than that, alright first episode. Nothing impressive. The MC was pretty cool.

Apr 4, 2016 2:03 PM

Dec 2014
Okay episode although I don't really understand it all cos nothing was really explained all I seem to understand is that the mc and the dragon are bound together, but seriously they need to explain a lot of things in the next episode like who are these people what are there powers where ste they etc etc otherwise an okay episode 3/5.
Apr 4, 2016 2:07 PM
Dec 2015
Esto es genial... Un nuevo anime de espadachines... Y lo mejor es que no decepciona
Apr 4, 2016 2:31 PM
Sep 2015
No gripes with MC so far. Get some insight on his past. Pacing and story telling seems great.

I like the fact that they didn't explain everything because they're just hinting at stuff. You can pretty much tell what's going on anyways...

The dark skinned demi-human girl was pretty cringe. Immediately into the episode when she first appeared, I was like "I bet we're supposed to hate her".

4/5 for me as a pilot.
Apr 4, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2013
this was actually pretty decent, although it felt a bit rushed because it didn't explain lots of stuff but we'll probably get to that later

5/10 so far, production is sloppy
I don't care if I lose my mind. I'm already cursed.
Apr 4, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
I liked it for the most part. Found it funny how they were playing tag. That whole "botchama" thing was funny. Matsuoka voicing the main is a big plus.
Apr 4, 2016 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
Rip parents of the " Hero " to be.
Apr 4, 2016 3:22 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Certainly the most interesting from all three new series that started today. Looks like it could be decent, i like the MC and there was stuff hinted at.
Apr 4, 2016 3:29 PM

Oct 2013
Meh ratting.
MC is kind of likeable.

That dragon came straight from Yugioh.
In fact, let me name it:

"Crimson Eyes Darkness Dragon"
8*/DARK/Ultra Rare
3000 ATK / 2500 DEF
Dragon/Ritual/Effect
"Must be ritual summoned with Mark of Revenge and cannot be special summoned by other ways, if this card is removed from the field by a Spell/Trap card effect, you can special summon it during the End of the Episode to create a cliffhanger."
ZahylonApr 4, 2016 3:38 PM
Apr 4, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2015
Liked it a lot. .3.
That ending tho, I literally face desked. -o-

The MC seems pretty interesting & cool.
He's hot tbh. ;w;
Well, it was alright. Good enough for the continuation.
Looking forward for the next episode. ^^
Zahylon said:

That dragon came straight from Yugioh.
True asf.
Apr 4, 2016 3:33 PM

Feb 2015
Meh. Pretty boring first episode, doesn't look all that bad or particularly good. And MC-kun seems like your pretty generic revenge seeking guy. But it seems like it could go either way.
Apr 4, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2012
Seems interesting but this felt like a really weak start. I never have a problem with them, but the midget mage annoyed me really easily.

So it seems the dragon and Hiiro share some sort of pact? Reminded me of Drakengard except it probably won't get as dark lol

Anyway, I'll stick around and hope the next episode is better

Apr 4, 2016 3:43 PM

Oct 2008
Oh boy.
Dragonheart (1996 live action movie) anyone?
I have strong suspection it will be prety similar, but with reversed characters.

I'll stick with this to find out.

Olem said:
So it seems the dragon and Hiiro share some sort of pact?

Apr 4, 2016 3:46 PM

Sep 2014
jirachi3x said:
Seems like it will be a very interesting story.And for people complaining that things arent explained, its the first episode. Why the hell would you want the whole plot to be explained on the first episode? Give it time to build its world. Its the same as the people who complained the same thing about bubuki buranki which made it unpopular despite being a great anime. Its really unfair because the show eventually did explain most of its plot points while leaving the rest to the upcoming season 2. So you really should not judge this anime for that same reason until much later.

I completely agree. I loved this episode because it leaves you with lots of questions and only gives glimpses of the story and it's characters. The first episode is usually SUPPOSED to leave you confused as hell to get your interest. Personally, I've seen worse first episodes that turned out fine, sometimes even fantastic. This episode might've jumped around for some people, but the story's fairly clear. There was a time lapse, and they tend to happen in the first few episodes. Sure, they can be confusing, but try to use ur inferencing skills before you bash it. Rewatch it if you have to, it can be fun and you can catch stuff that escaped you the last time. Not to mention it can help tide you over till next week... I'm really looking forward to seeing how things will further unfold in the second episode. There's bound to be more information, so I doubt the confusingness will persist for the entirety of the show :)
Apr 4, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
First episode was pretty good.
Apr 4, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2012
Vargr said:

But anyway, I still find it cool cause of that and am more willing to stick with the anime cause of it lol

Apr 4, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
It took awhile for me to start to enjoy the episode but towards the end it was good

Hiiro is so attractive MMmMm
Apr 4, 2016 4:59 PM

Jan 2012
Fairly decent first episode. The way Hiiro and that dragon seem to be connected via those marks on their chest/heart reminds me of that Sean Connery movie Dragonheart. XD A shame Hiiro's mom (presumably)died though, she had such big, beautiful tits! XD I wonder who the traitor was...
Apr 4, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
I expected worse. Not that bad, although it'll need more to be anything noteworthy.

The MC is like a little kid though. He tries to look cool, but he's a bit dumb clueless. Probably due to his upbringing as a bocchan. That emblem was obviously fake, but he still overpaid for it. He enjoyed playing "tag" with the kids lmao. Now if only his name was something cooler than "Hero".

In the ED there was a cat girl who dropped from the wire and landed in a cool pose. Looking forward to that.
Apr 4, 2016 5:39 PM

Aug 2015
The mc was somewhat cool, but other than that nothing really caught my attention. I'll watch a few more episodes to see if it's worth it watching.
Apr 4, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2014
Decent first episode , now i'm waiting for the explanations and the background because this episode sure was light in story building , i mean i didn't expect everything from the get go but at least know where we are and know a little about the world .
Pretty nice MC , he's funny and he's not an OP swordsman from the beginning like i expected
Apr 4, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
"Are we done playing tag?" The MC is how I will be as an adult.
Apr 4, 2016 6:15 PM

Dec 2009
Hiiro is such a cool name and can be played up as "Hero". The only other Hiiro I constantly think of is from Gundam Wing. Not much to say about the episode other than it seems like an interesting start.
Apr 4, 2016 6:28 PM

Apr 2014
Meh...I like the OP of the episode where they are sealing the dragon, but after that it's all meh.
It seem that the dragon and MC are connected with that mark.
And wonder who is that chick that can freeze a pool of lava.
Apr 4, 2016 7:00 PM

Mar 2016
The beginning was cool with the sealing of the dragon, but as it went on, it lost me. The art style just seems awkward and the animation isn't too great. The whole thing with the insignia he bought was lost on me. I almost stopped watching in the middle, but I am actually kind of glad I continued watching. This could be very interesting.
Apr 4, 2016 7:24 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. This was awful. Looks like we found the worst anime of the season so far.

Please stop with the mobile game adaptations, Japan. Thanks.
Apr 4, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2011
I really hope that wasn't the actual ED...it's recycled scenes.
Apr 4, 2016 9:02 PM
Feb 2015
There's something about Hiiro I'm freaking love, might be his cocky with a mix of gentle personality not sure what it is exactly but I wanna see more of him <3 As far as how the episode was, I definitely loved it another good show I see potential in.
NoNameNoName000Apr 4, 2016 9:05 PM
Apr 4, 2016 9:07 PM

Dec 2014
Well, that was disappointing.
I hope this anime gets better later on.
BlancchetApr 4, 2016 9:12 PM
Apr 4, 2016 11:13 PM

Jun 2015
It was alright. MC is kinda cool but there is such a lack of information.
:)
Apr 4, 2016 11:25 PM

May 2014
The MC reminds me of someone, but I dont know who...
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 4, 2016 11:40 PM

Jun 2014
I like this MC so far. I hope the show will be decent at least!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 5, 2016 12:13 AM

Jun 2013
So, Adventure Fantasy anime? Special kind of here leave to kill Evil Over lord? Let's see were this goes.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2016

60 by Satoshi12ia »»
Jan 23, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

41 by ToG25thBaam »»
Oct 15, 2018 4:06 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2016

49 by joe_g7 »»
Jan 30, 2017 12:55 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

70 by joe_g7 »»
Jan 30, 2017 12:52 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

23 by xull »»
Jul 1, 2016 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.