Forum Settings
Forums

What anime have you seen that were good but boring, OR that were bad but entertaining?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 4, 2016 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Bad but entertaining would be big order XD
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Dec 4, 2016 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
Big Order, Taboo Tatoo and Glasslip were fucking hilarious. Entertainment value 10/10. Doesn't stop them from being the worst anime I've watched up until now.
Dec 4, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2009
We really need a way to rate anime like this... There's so many shows like that, where how entertaining they were is not parallel with how good it was.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 4, 2016 8:47 AM
Dec 2016
"Good but boring" for me was my experience trying to watch Sangatsu no Lion. It was cute, had some comedy, had some interesting character internal conflicts (little girl's mom is dead, only shows it in the 3rd episode whereas the main character's parents are both dead and he struggles to come to terms with that), but it generally was kind of tedious. I'm not that interested watching a main character do random things like walk across a bridge or play shogi matches without anything particularly interesting happening; it stinks that there were some good and cute elements to it, but I couldn't go any further than episode 3 since it was so boring.
Dec 4, 2016 8:48 AM
Jun 2015
good but boring? Pretty much everything in my dropped.
Bad but entertaining? A lot of things, but I'm gonna say Mars of destruction.
Dec 4, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
Good but boring = Your lie in April. I can relate why so many people are loving this anime, but I didn't enjoyed it at all. It bored me, the only reason why I finished it was because of that "tearjerking" ending. It was kinda predictable, but really well executed.

Bad but entertaining = K-on! One of my favorite anime, I enjoyed every second of it (and I'm enjoying s2 aswell), even if it is objectively bad. You don't have any plot, 70% of the episodes are the same, drinking tea+eating cake, but it is always so funny...
Dec 4, 2016 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
Good but boring: Madoka Magica ; Dennou Coil

Bad but entertaining: Sword Art Online
Dec 4, 2016 9:30 AM

Oct 2016
Good but boring: Sangatsu no lion. It's deeper than Adele but moves at a snail's pace.
Bad but entertaining: Mirai Nikki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 9:32 AM
Feb 2016
Good, but boring- Rakugo/Utena. A great show with excellent directing and characterization but not a very enjoyable one until it was too late

Bad, but entertaining- Mirai Nikki. A stupid, stupid show but one that's pretty ridiculous to see. Gunslinger Stratos also because it continually topped its badness the longer it went on
SunlitSonataDec 4, 2016 9:41 AM
Dec 4, 2016 9:34 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know about good but boring examples, because the most of things I consider good are not boring for me, but well.

Respect the other side of the coin, I can think on plenty of examples but Mayoiga and Taboo Tattoo this year are the first examples to come to my mind. They are horrible, but so stupidly entertaining is hard to get boring with them. The movies of HxH can also count, because they are really bad while compared to the main anime, but are enjoyable nonetheless.
Dec 4, 2016 9:37 AM
Feb 2016
"A perfect example for me would be Sword Art Online. I understand that Kirito's a terrible character."

I never found Kirito to be a terrible character in the slightest. Just a basic one with bits of growth.
SunlitSonataDec 4, 2016 9:40 AM
Dec 4, 2016 9:40 AM
Aug 2015
Good but boring: Mushi-shi

Bad but entertaining: Mirai Nikki
Dec 4, 2016 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
good but boring: idk

Bad but entertaining: Re:zero
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 4, 2016 9:59 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Good but boring: Tatami Galaxy. I understand how great it is, but it's so heavy on the dialogue that it's hard to keep up.

Bad but entertaining: Seikon no Qwaser. I know it's dumb ecchi that's so borderline hentai, but I still loved it so much.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Dec 4, 2016 10:02 AM

May 2014
From a more objective and critical standpoint, I can see why anime such as
-Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
-Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Death Parade
-Darker than Black

are so well-received, but I wasn't on the edge of my seat watching them, I never got all that engrossed and I wasn't desperate to find out what happened next- there was never a point where I was desperately clicking for the next episode like a madman.

In fact, I didn't feel much of anything throughout bc despite having solid storylines, characters and animation something about them didn't resonate with me. None of them reeled me in in the same way series such as Hunter x Hunter (2011) somehow managed to do halfway through its first episode...tbh I can't put my finger on why exactly either!

Then there are anime like Blood-C which are pretty awful, but that I still had an absolute blast watching.

Just look at Part 1 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...it was awful and cheesy and a man with magical flaming abs stands there and narrates literally everything that's happening...and that's coming from an avid fan of the series!
The hero is a rip off of Kenshiro and the villain is just another evil guy who does innately horrid things to nice people because he was born that way.
But it all just works.
It's so bad, but the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously makes it so fun!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 10:13 AM
Dec 2015
Josh said:
GamerUnglued said:
I find this question to be kind of paradoxical. If I find a show to be boring and unable to keep my attention, then isn't the show bad?
TheBrainintheJar said:
How the hell can something be both good and boring.

How does it work.

I am mystified.
The apparent contradiction is based on the view that art is experienced on two different (though not entirely separate) levels. The level of direct experience and the level of critical experience.

Direct experience refers to the immediate experience of art (e.g. watching anime, listening to music, looking at a painting). Direct experiences are intuitive, emotional, feelings-based, and largely incommunicable, because you can't properly explain what you're feeling. They take place mostly on a subconscious level. Direct experiences are therefore more personal and subjective.

Critical experience refers to the secondary experience of art (e.g. discussing anime, reviewing an album, analyzing a painting). Critical experiences are logical, "scientific" (in the sense that shared tools of criticism and knowledge about art can be brought to bear in a systemic way), thought-based, and largely communicable, because you can explain what you're thinking. They take place mostly on a conscious level. Critical experiences are therefore less personal and relatively more objective.

When people talk about "entertainment" or "enjoyment" value, they are usually talking about direct experience. When people talk about "quality" or "actually good", they are usually talking about critical experience. Things get messy when people use all of those terms loosely and aren't clear, which happens often.

As an aside, taste development may be defined as the process through which a person internalizes their critical experiences, causing their direct experiences to become more "critical", ie. they begin to intuitively react to bad writing, or good use of metaphor, or whatever.

There may be the problem. I don't believe in the existence of "critical experience." Rather, I believe both experiences to be the same, because the fact that a show makes one feel these emotions related to a "direct experience" in the first place means that the show did something else right more related to a "critical experience". If I felt sad watching a show, it's because the characters were good enough for me to care and the writing was good enough to make me empathize. If I found a show to be funny, it's because I felt it had strong writing and comedic timing. Basically, the emotional is the critical, and its different for each person depending on personal tastes and experience, which is why this question seems so weird to me.
Dec 4, 2016 10:35 AM

Oct 2016
Good but boring: Cowboy Bebop (at some point), Katanagatari,Hyouka,Tatami(Heavy in dialogue but loved it nonetheless)

Bad but entertaining : Most Shounen/Harem
Dec 4, 2016 12:27 PM

Mar 2012
GamerUnglued said:
There may be the problem. I don't believe in the existence of "critical experience." Rather, I believe both experiences to be the same, because the fact that a show makes one feel these emotions related to a "direct experience" in the first place means that the show did something else right more related to a "critical experience". If I felt sad watching a show, it's because the characters were good enough for me to care and the writing was good enough to make me empathize. If I found a show to be funny, it's because I felt it had strong writing and comedic timing. Basically, the emotional is the critical, and its different for each person depending on personal tastes and experience, which is why this question seems so weird to me.
They are related, but still two different kinds of experiences. Do you believe that feeling is the same as thinking? That intuition is equivalent to knowledge and logical argument?

Suppose that you've never read poetry before. You read a poem and don't feel anything. "Well, that was crap," you think. Would you be right? On the level of direct experience, yes, but on the level of critical experience, no. Your direct experience doesn't tell us anything useful about the poem's use of rhyme, rhythm, meter, etc. These are poetic qualities that objectively exist (people with knowledge of poetry can discuss them in concrete terms and agree on certain things about them), but you didn't register them because you're unaware of them. This example makes it clear that the emotional is not the critical.

I think the main reason that the anime fandom is reluctant to recognize this distinction is because they are overly concerned with final value judgements and afraid of "elitists" being "right". However, the point of criticism isn't to find out what's "right" so that it can be used to invalidate direct experience. The point is to gain a better understanding of art by studying it in a logical, systematic way. The alternative is to say that "art is purely subjective and emotional, we can't know anything about it," which is unproductive and untrue, imo.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 4, 2016 1:21 PM
Dec 2015
Josh said:
GamerUnglued said:
They are related, but still two different kinds of experiences. Do you believe that feeling is the same as thinking? That intuition is equivalent to knowledge and logical argument?

Suppose that you've never read poetry before. You read a poem and don't feel anything. "Well, that was crap," you think. Would you be right? On the level of direct experience, yes, but on the level of critical experience, no. Your direct experience doesn't tell us anything useful about the poem's use of rhyme, rhythm, meter, etc. These are poetic qualities that objectively exist (people with knowledge of poetry can discuss them in concrete terms and agree on certain things about them), but you didn't register them because you're unaware of them. This example makes it clear that the emotional is not the critical.

I think the main reason that the anime fandom is reluctant to recognize this distinction is because they are overly concerned with final value judgements and afraid of "elitists" being "right". However, the point of criticism isn't to find out what's "right" so that it can be used to invalidate direct experience. The point is to gain a better understanding of art by studying it in a logical, systematic way. The alternative is to say that "art is purely subjective and emotional, we can't know anything about it," which is unproductive and untrue, imo.
I agree that poems have things that are objective, but I ask: What makes "good rhyme" or "good rhythm" in a poem? Poetry is an art form, and doesn't really have any set of rules about what makes a good or bad poem. Ultimately, the goal of a poem is to make the viewer feel something, and I believe that if it fails to do that then it is a bad poem. Much of the same can be said about storytelling as an art form. What makes a good story or good character?

In regards to the question you posed in your response, you can't feel without thinking. They go hand in hand. In order to feel sad about something, you must think about what is happening and if the situation is something you are supposed to feel sad about. You must think about whether the characters involved are even worth caring enough about to empathize with in order to feel sad, and you must think about your own past experiences to see how you might react in the same situation. If a scene is funny, you must think about what the joke is about and what the punchline is. You must think about if the comedic timing was correct for that scenario, and if the joke caters to your own sense of humor. All of this thinking is done unconsciously and quickly of course, as I don't pause at every joke to analyze if I found it funny or not.

Ultimately, what may be a criticism for some may not be for others. I love slow paced series where not much happens in the way of plot, which others my count as a fault against a series. I think that studying art is to create and understand our own personal rules to what makes it good or bad, not to create a large rule-book to which every creation must follow or else it is bad.
Dec 4, 2016 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
good but boring... would probably be kara no kyoukai
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Dec 4, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
good but boring? Cowboy Bebop from the top of my head

bad but entertaining? ..... to love ru, date a live, highschool of the dead... and like any harem shows. lol.
Dec 4, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2016
I didnt know so many people found Cowboy Bebop boring.
Monster is really well written but I stopped watching it at some point and didnt feel the need to finish so I guess it failed somewhere.

Code Geass has like the highest ratio of being bad but entertaining but I think that was the goal of the show.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Dec 4, 2016 2:05 PM

May 2015
Josh said:
GamerUnglued said:
I find this question to be kind of paradoxical. If I find a show to be boring and unable to keep my attention, then isn't the show bad?
TheBrainintheJar said:

How does it work.

I am mystified.
The apparent contradiction is based on the view that art is experienced on two different (though not entirely separate) levels. The level of direct experience and the level of critical experience.

Direct experience refers to the immediate experience of art (e.g. watching anime, listening to music, looking at a painting). Direct experiences are intuitive, emotional, feelings-based, and largely incommunicable, because you can't properly explain what you're feeling. They take place mostly on a subconscious level. Direct experiences are therefore more personal and subjective.

Critical experience refers to the secondary experience of art (e.g. discussing anime, reviewing an album, analyzing a painting). Critical experiences are logical, "scientific" (in the sense that shared tools of criticism and knowledge about art can be brought to bear in a systemic way), thought-based, and largely communicable, because you can explain what you're thinking. They take place mostly on a conscious level. Critical experiences are therefore less personal and relatively more objective.

When people talk about "entertainment" or "enjoyment" value, they are usually talking about direct experience. When people talk about "quality" or "actually good", they are usually talking about critical experience. Things get messy when people use all of those terms loosely and aren't clear, which happens often.

As an aside, taste development may be defined as the process through which a person internalizes their critical experiences, causing their direct experiences to become more "critical", ie. they begin to intuitively react to bad writing, or good use of metaphor, or whatever.

kamisama751 said:
Entertaining is subjective. Good is objective.
So, therefore, your logic makes no sense.
Not quite true. Neither is purely subjective or objective, but "entertainment" value is relatively more subjective. Critics can use a common base of knowledge and frameworks for discussing art (which makes the discussion more objective), but they can't agree on exactly how to bring all of that to bear on any particular work.

I strongly disagree with this. I enjoy something because I analyze it, notice what makes it pleasurable (Character design, plot, characters, themes) and therefore enjoy it. The difference between critics and the average watcher is that critics put more effort into understanding why they enjoy things. So they end up having a larger vocabulary to explain their views.

It doesn't make them 'better', just more interesting to talk about entertain since they think about it in deeper levels. It's like how you'd rather take advice from a seasoned whiskey drinker instead of a 16-year-old whose first taste of whiskey was at a house party.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 4, 2016 2:12 PM

Jun 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:

How does it work.

I am mystified.
Harder to be good but boring in anime, but it's definitely true for books. 1984, The Scarlet Letter, just to name a few

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Dec 4, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 2015
If I found an anime boring I don't consider it good, and if I found one entertaining I consider it good.
Dec 4, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2015
vriskabell said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

How does it work.

I am mystified.
Harder to be good but boring in anime, but it's definitely true for books. 1984, The Scarlet Letter, just to name a few

I've read plenty of 'canonical' books, and all the good ones weren't boring even if we're talking about behemoths like American Tragedy. That book left me hollow.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 4, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
Good but boring: Shinsekai Yori for me. I had to force myself to watch through the dull parts in the beginning and middle. Thankfully the ending made it all worth it.

Bad but entertaining: I had a blast watching Mayoiga for all the wrong reasons. I usually rate entertaining series more highly no matter what, but Mayoiga was such shit that I had to make an exception.
Dec 4, 2016 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
Re:Zero is bad but entertaining at some times. Good and boring Monster (sometimes) due its length, or Tenshi no Tamago which is a masterpiece.
Dec 4, 2016 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Bad but entertaining
Sword art online i guess most of the peoples says it bad but i think it was pretty good.Also most of ecchi animes you know what i mean :)
Dec 4, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2016
Good but boring:
Utena. Same exact structure for 80% episodes, but some episodes are so good that I would consider them some of the best anime episodes of all time.
Hyouka: It was boring, but when I look back at it I always grin. So many good characters and little stories.

Bad but entertaining:
Mirai Nikki: it made so many mistakes but the action was pretty sweet.
Danganronpa 3: Mirai-hen: Death flags central, but boy did I have fun coming up with theories. The ending was also an asspull.
Dec 4, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
Good but dull:
Angel's Egg is danm good, but it would be torture if I actually was to sit and watch it again.
I found large swatches of Bokurano to be a bit tedious, though not unbearably dull.
Revolutinary Girl Utena was excessively repetitive. Outside of the second arc and the last 7 episodes, it was just danm boring. It is extremely solid though. That's why I prefer the movie.

Bad but enjoyable:
Angel Beats was danm fun, but the more and more I analyze it the more and more it falls apart.
No Game No Life is enjoyable because it is literally everything wrong with anime thrown together in the best way possible.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 4, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
TheBrainintheJar said:
I strongly disagree with this. I enjoy something because I analyze it, notice what makes it pleasurable (Character design, plot, characters, themes) and therefore enjoy it. The difference between critics and the average watcher is that critics put more effort into understanding why they enjoy things. So they end up having a larger vocabulary to explain their views.

It doesn't make them 'better', just more interesting to talk about entertain since they think about it in deeper levels. It's like how you'd rather take advice from a seasoned whiskey drinker instead of a 16-year-old whose first taste of whiskey was at a house party.
What do you disagree with? It sounds like you're disagreeing with the idea that critics or critically informed opinions are "better" that non-critics or casual opinions, which is not at all what I had in mind. It's not a matter of being "better", it's a matter of being different. As I said in my response to Gamer, the point of criticism is not to invalidate direct experiences, it is to gain a better understanding of art by thinking about it in a systematic way. There is no need to be defensive on behalf of direct experiences — they are still perfectly valid and just as "good", if you want to put it that way.

The idea (which Gamer also suggested) that criticism can not change taste, but can only make you better at understanding/explaining your taste is clearly false. Your taste develops in a number of ways and one of them is exposure to criticism — gaining knowledge about a medium of art and how it works. If you get a degree in Film Studies, your taste in movies will change, probably significantly.

InsaneLeader13 said:
Revolutinary Girl Utena was excessively repetitive. Outside of the second arc and the last 7 episodes, it was just danm boring. It is extremely solid though. That's why I prefer the movie.
I feel the same way. I love thinking and reading about RGU, but watching it was mostly a bore, outside of last 7 episodes and a few others. I think it could have been done in 24 episodes, instead of 39.
JoshDec 4, 2016 5:53 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 4, 2016 5:59 PM

Mar 2016
Good but boring
Monster, and it was especially boring in those middle-later episodes. GITS: SAC to a lesser extent could also be considered but I could still find certain plotlines and characters interesting.

Bad but entertaining
Netoge no Yome probably. I'd also say Berserk 2016 would fit in that category as well
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 4, 2016 8:10 PM
Nov 2016
kamisama751 said:
romagia said:
Funny since I'd classify it as "boring but good"; It was kinda slow paced especially in the second half (20 episode anime based on a 2 volume manga..), but what else was so not good about it?
First time i see someone else mention it here btw =p

(also directed @Tarotist) I wonder what shows in particular are you both thinking about.. Psycho-Pass is the only one i've seen that i'd call either boring or bad.

Aldnoah.Zero
Blassreiter
Chaos Dragon
Gunslinger Stratos
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Suisei no Gargantia
All bullsh*t as hell.

The only one he actually written is Madoka, Fate Zero, Psycho-Pass.The Other he just did a few episode
Dec 4, 2016 8:25 PM
Mar 2016
Good but boring: Musishi
Bad but entertaining: SAO
Dec 4, 2016 8:27 PM
Nov 2016
Detective Conan a really good anime with an entertaining story line but it could be really boring sometimes !! Things are going so slowly !
Dec 4, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2014
Idk about you but I find Natsume pretty fuckin boring
Dec 4, 2016 8:56 PM

Nov 2015
Bakemonogatari is seen as a good show but it's honestly quite boring.

SAO, Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown, Zero no Tsukaima all examples of bad shows that are entertaining and, minus Gulty Crown, likeable.
Dec 4, 2016 9:16 PM

Oct 2013
Good but Boring:
- Higashi no Eden
- Real Drive
- Le Chevalier D'Eon
- Ergo Proxy
- Gangsta
- Joker Game

Bad but Entertaining:
- Weiß Kreuz
- Yami no Matsuei
- Ao no Exorcist
- Devil May Cry
- Gakuen Heaven
- Kuroshitsuji
- Bungou Stray Dogs (s2 is an improvement though)
- Samurai Flamenco
- Monochrome Factor
- Togainu no Chi
Dec 4, 2016 9:21 PM
Apr 2013
Ginga Tetsudou 999; I liked the show and the plot was interesting but I just found myself being bored at points.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Dec 4, 2016 9:23 PM

Feb 2010
this is becoming a listing thread....
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 4, 2016 9:27 PM

May 2012
Mirai Nikki is objectively a 6 or 7 out of 10 but it's so batshit crazy that I couldn't help but be entertained.
Dec 4, 2016 10:19 PM

Sep 2015
Bad but entertaining:
Special A
I had a blast laughing at how generic this show was lmao.

K
K had a really messy plot but im such a sucker for that animation and all those top-class seiyuus on that show damn.Sugita voicing a serious character is hnnnggghhh.Just finished rewatching it too

As for good but boring....Can't really think of one but probably Oregairu.It got great themes but some episodes were just boring
Dec 4, 2016 11:22 PM

May 2014
Tanaka was pretty good but very boring.
Dec 4, 2016 11:32 PM
Sep 2016
Garzey's Wing and Black Rock Shooter (TV) are hilariously bad (the second one only till episode 3 or 4 after that it gets boring).

Aa Megami Sama! is really good, but you have to sit through the boring and awkward tropes of other romcoms to get through this.
Dec 5, 2016 1:56 AM
Nov 2016
Keijo!!!!!!!!! is bad but entertaining
Dec 5, 2016 2:06 AM

Apr 2016
bad but highly entertaining: fairy tail. bad animations, all the anime cliches, overly used bad jokes, unnecessary fan service. but i'm honestly hooked on the story and i felt too emotionally attached to the characters than i ever should.

good but boring: darker than black. i couldn't bring myself to say that fairy tail is in any way superior to darker than black, but holy shite this anime drags on.
Dec 5, 2016 2:07 AM

Feb 2016
Good but boring
I actually just watched an anime I felt this way about.
KenIchi: The Mightiest Disciple. It was very good, but around episode 28 it just lost it's flair. I got bored with it. That might just be me since it's rating is good and I have a tendency to drop anime a lot, but anyone would have to have patience for that. The fighting in those episodes was just lame.

Bad but entertaining
I don't think anyone has said Ghost Stories..
It's so extremely bad, but I have never laughed so hard in my life.
The English dub is the only thing that saved this travesty.

I'd suggest that horrible excuse of an anime to anyone. It really is amazing.
Now I feel like re-watching it...
xMazzyDec 5, 2016 2:13 AM
“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.”
Dec 5, 2016 2:34 AM

Oct 2016
Good but boring:
Mushimushi. (I know it's really good but I can't seem to dig it)

Bad but entertaining:
Kiss x Sis (of course.)

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 5, 2016 2:45 AM

Jul 2015
Good, but boring:

It doesnt apply to the whole anime, but

- Monster (repetitive and not as complex as you might think @ main story)
- HxH (esp the beginning)
- Tatami Galaxy
- Hyoka
- Moribito (urgs, the middle part)
- Beasttamer Erin
- Spice & Wolf (awesome athmosphere and couple, but boring merchant setting...)

Bad, but entertaining:

- SOA is The first thing that comes to my mind, which I really enjoyed, though the flaws were very appearent
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Opinions on characters colors!

Yonahim_Zz - 12 hours ago

33 by Coaghim »»
14 seconds ago

Poll: » How you decide what anime to watch next

ST63LTH - 10 hours ago

16 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
47 seconds ago

» A century-old anime just discovered in Japan

TRC_Randy - Yesterday

18 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

11 by Spunkert »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Yesterday

76 by perseii »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.