Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »
Aug 9, 2016 6:33 PM
Jan 2012
oh god.. I worried about satoru. He fell the into the killer bait. But i think he survivor. Sensei of satoru very complicated to understand your motivations. Great lesson the mystery stays near satoru but he not percepted. I thought and now is the killer gets away?
Aug 27, 2016 5:32 PM

Mar 2010
Was a good ending.. Shit Two more episodes, I hope they don't mess up the ending lol. I wouldn't even be mad if this was the last episode..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 29, 2016 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
wonder what these last two episodes will hold for us.
Sep 3, 2016 5:15 PM
Nov 2015
I scanned through the comments on this post. I still don't see anyone talking about the random basketball the teacher took out of his bag...
Sep 5, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
I predicted that easily, but i also hoped there would be some kind of surprise lol.

The episode itself is good, but the motive at the end is a bit retarded.
Sep 6, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
Skyranex said:
I scanned through the comments on this post. I still don't see anyone talking about the random basketball the teacher took out of his bag...

Lol when he took out the basketball I was so confused. I was wondering maybe it was a fake basketball and had something inside or maybe he'll make it look like Sataru was playing basketball.
Let’s say I posed this question to you: “Can all human souls be bought with money or not?” Now remember, the keyword here is “all”. The answer is “There are times when you can buy them, and other times, not,” right? The human being… sometimes he’ll uphold his pride and conscience even if he’s offered ten billion yen, and other times he’ll murder someone over one yen. ~Izaya Ohira (Durarara)
Sep 8, 2016 5:38 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah list most people here I knew it was the teacher. But what exactly are his reasons? Filling the whole in his heart? Following his desires? What does that even mean?
Oct 22, 2016 4:46 PM

Feb 2009
There ya go, the obvious answer was laid out. Still, there are other questions is this series, and those war still pulling me into it. No matter what, the series has been good, but not memorable, seeing as it is as straightforward as possible.
Nov 3, 2016 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
For all the people saying it was obvious ... yes it was ... at the same time the fact that it was so obvious made it questionable aswell.
It felt like they were trying to take away attention from the teacher at the same because of it's obviousness.

Anyhow, it was a matter of time before the killer would go after Satoru, especially if he keeps showing up at the victims he was about to murder.
Only 2 episodes left, maybe we'll see a Revival back to his 29y/o or before he was taken by the teacher.

DarkKittyCat said:
Skyranex said:

Lol when he took out the basketball I was so confused. I was wondering maybe it was a fake basketball and had something inside or maybe he'll make it look like Sataru was playing basketball.

Yeah I thought he would drown Satoru himself and place the basketball near him, making it seems like he fell of the bridge maybe.
Nov 12, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2012
I know he was him just from opning.

Nov 27, 2016 4:55 AM

Sep 2016
I actually thought it wasn't the teacher, damn.

I wonder what's going to happen to Satoru.
Dec 16, 2016 1:55 AM

Dec 2012
Damn. Kazu got sprung with the quickness. LMAO at Osamu asking where Kazu is.

LMAO I knew it was Sensei the moment I first saw him. Plus, the glass in the OP showed a man(I didn't stop to pause and look at it until episode 3 and I regretted doing that.), but I tried to put it out my mind that it was Sensei.

Sensei hitting Satoru with the imagine breaker. lol

Surprised Satoru didn't ask Sensei what happened to his car.

Now Satoru doesn't end up with Kayo?

Game over.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 19, 2016 6:12 PM
Nov 2016
Frostbytes said:
LightBladeNova said:

And people still not realizing that focusing on the "why" is not an excuse for writing such a poorly executed mystery in general. A good mystery should excel at both aspects, the "who" and the "why" (and the "how", and the red herrings and clues and foreshadowing and stuff like that). Erased doesn't get a pardon just because everyone loves it. It was just far too blatant with the "who" and that shouldn't be something to just ignore and say "Oh, who cares about that", given that this anime is labeled a mystery.

Nah even if they are disappointed, it's all abt the image-conscious community. Just look at the "loved it" votes, I wonder if half of them have seen it yet lol.

If they were going to make a "why he did it" kind of mystery, they should have dedicated an entire episode for it because his past was better explained in the manga.
Jan 8, 2017 7:35 AM

Sep 2016
The scene where all the boys lost their cool (including our calm & mature Kenya) when Aya laughed at their childishness was quite hilarious, lmao.
Looks like Kazu was about to get himself a girlfriend thanks to Satoru.
BTW, as a girl, I think hideout is pretty cool. I wish I had something like a secret base with my friends when I was a kid.

The teacher finally showed his true color. Dat bastard!
Dat cliffhanger! 5/5 for sure.
Orikasa_MomijiJan 8, 2017 7:42 AM
Jan 9, 2017 2:33 PM

May 2013
O MAI GOT.

My initial suspicion of the sensei from the very beginning was correct!!!!!! D:
Feb 7, 2017 8:57 PM

Apr 2014
And here I had been hoping Satoru was playing 4D chess with getting in the car with the teacher and revealing his plans to him in order to see how he'd react and then expose and trap him... But nope, he's just fucking dumb. What's more baffling is that he already suspected him, but yet chose to get in the car with him. Are you serious?

If any of the next two episodes have him using Revival again, then I'm worried this alleged "death scene" will feel like a copout where the story wrote itself into a corner rather than a natural progression of it.
ZeroDragonFeb 7, 2017 9:06 PM
Feb 8, 2017 4:42 PM
Mar 2016
called it in episode 2
Feb 10, 2017 3:31 PM

Dec 2016
How the fuck is he gonna get out of this situation huh?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 16, 2017 7:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
When Satoru looks at Yashiro with that cool and evil smile, yup it was at that moment that Satoru knew he was done for.
Even though it was obvious who the killer was, it was still an interesting build up of sort. Looking back at the teacher, his methods to remove his targets were quite impressive, both in the past and the future.
I keep forgetting Hiromi is a guy lol

Now what is Satoru going to do.

Feb 23, 2017 6:47 AM

Dec 2016
i know it!
it makes me sad i acutely like the sensei :(
Mar 2, 2017 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
The reveal's shock element doesn't lie in surprise "Oh no! It was sensei all along!?" but in the emotional burden it has on Satoru. That's why it worked so well. Satoru saw Yashiro as his father figure and I felt that pain too. I didn't want Yashiro to be the killer since I wanted him to become Satoru's "father" like Satoru did. The moment when the screen shatters is the perfect moment to get what Satoru is feeling at that moment.
I personally liked how it turned out in the end.
Mar 30, 2017 5:15 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, sensei was the killer, I had some suspicions when I saw all that candy but I couldn't believe it.
Apr 30, 2017 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
rewatching and dang, sensei's face was scary
Jun 21, 2017 1:24 PM

Aug 2012
This episode discussion is obviously focused on the sensei being the killer, but I have to know one thing...

What are the kids saying when they say bye to each other?!?!?! I have been trying to figure out the dialect/slang, and I can't do it. I'm bringing it up in this ep. conversation because literally it came up sooooo many times in episode 10. (i.e "Say sayonara instead"; and when they spend a whole minute shouting "shitake, sutage shtage" at each other...

Anyone have an answer before I go insane? Thanks.
Jun 23, 2017 1:04 PM

Jun 2015
fox_quixote said:
This episode discussion is obviously focused on the sensei being the killer, but I have to know one thing...

What are the kids saying when they say bye to each other?!?!?! I have been trying to figure out the dialect/slang, and I can't do it. I'm bringing it up in this ep. conversation because literally it came up sooooo many times in episode 10. (i.e "Say sayonara instead"; and when they spend a whole minute shouting "shitake, sutage shtage" at each other...

Anyone have an answer before I go insane? Thanks.

It's Hokkaido dialect.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1533344#msg47019442
Aug 5, 2017 4:20 PM

Jul 2008
funny how it was easily predictable from the first or second episode (whichever had the foreshadowing camera shot on sensei in his office) but then the rating of the anime made me think this anime has to be more clever than that. oh well, two more episodes to make it up for this lame reveal.
Ero-CamelAug 5, 2017 4:24 PM
Nov 4, 2017 5:56 PM

Oct 2016
All the pieces are put together and you have Yashiro as the suspect. So, he's the real pervert killer. Wow!

He sets a trap and Satoru falls right into it. Will Satoru survive or will he die? I guess that might be a fitting end, not that I want him to die this way. He went back to the past to save some lives, and his own life is the compensation to his actions. But still I don't want him to end like this.
Actually it's pretty simple to escape that seat belt. You just need to loosen the belt by pulling it from the belt reserve, or just slide your body out of it. Seatbelt is meant only to prevent you from collision with the dashboard, not to restrict one's movements.

Please, Satoru, don't die yet.
Nov 9, 2017 2:22 AM
Aug 2017
First half on the ep, pretty calm. I thought they wouldn't reveal the killer yet. But looks like I was wrong.

The killer!!! But it was kind of predictable haha. So the sweets was really supposed to lure the kids and stuff.... That look in his eye was creepy, though.

I hope he really doesn't die, he went back in time to prevent Kayo, Hiromi and Aya to die so HE CANT DIE. He's a hero, a superhero actually lol. Though it was sad how the teacher tried to kill him.

Actually u can just slide your body (I tried that b4 lol) out from the seatbelt lol.

5/5
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Nov 14, 2017 12:48 AM

Aug 2017
I just wish Satoru do not die and completes his mission in the last two episodes .
Nov 29, 2017 3:32 AM
Apr 2017
Such an easy guess
Im only confused by the action of the protagonist
Dec 27, 2017 6:21 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
At first I had my hopes up that it wouldnt be the teacher, but it had to be him alright... he had some good moments, but I supposed that is how it goes usually.
Feb 7, 2018 7:41 AM

Dec 2017
Well, that was really obvious since the very first episodes - I think the show still is very good.
But this end scene - I don't see why Satoru didn't just slacken the belt and slip out of it... or pulled the parking brake.
Mar 14, 2018 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
really? they went with the most obvious suspect? i guess that's unpredictable in its own sort of way.....i really did not think it was the teacher because it was just all pointing towards the teacher so i thought they were trying to throw us off. also why the hell is that teacher committing these crimes? i hope we get an explanation

btw was the teacher's voice actor the same from the future? because i kinda noticed the voices were similar
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2018 6:04 AM
May 2018
Well, I can't say i'm surprised, I've suspected this guy was the murderer since the first time I saw him.
Nov 24, 2018 4:52 AM
Jan 2017
Dang I knew it might've been him. The anime did hint it a few times, the first when it showed a kid talking to the teacher and I thought it was a bit strange to show that at the very end of the episode with a change of note in the music to sound eerie. Also showed something about an answer to a question on a test or something that said the elephant bit off the teachers head or something. It was creepy but I'm still not sure what that was about.
Nov 24, 2018 4:53 AM
Jan 2017
-Jiyuu- said:
Well, that was really obvious since the very first episodes - I think the show still is very good.
But this end scene - I don't see why Satoru didn't just slacken the belt and slip out of it... or pulled the parking brake.

lol yea i was thinking the same. He was probably small enough to slip out of the seatbelt or like slide down out of it.
Feb 24, 2019 10:38 PM

Dec 2018
I was kind of hoping the outcome wouldn't be so obvious, but oh well.
Feb 27, 2019 7:48 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I knew it was him
What a creep! Omg I cant believe he tries to Kill him
what will happen now how can he stop him D:

Mar 28, 2019 5:01 PM
Jan 2019
bruh this fucked me up this episode was literally an accurate depiction of my third grade nightmares
maybe it was just cause I was binging this at 1:30am whoops
Apr 19, 2019 7:06 AM
Jul 2016
Everyone knew was him, but I wonder what type of plot will present this anime in the remaining 2 chapters, because if Satoru dies, will be just stupid.
May 8, 2019 9:10 AM

Jun 2017
i liked this episode,but i didnt like the fact that the teacher turned out to be the killer. he had WAY too much evidence on him,so him turning out to be a red herring is quite anticlimactic.

also,the irony of him trying to save every one else yet being the only one to go was intriguing. i wonder if he will future jump now?
Jun 20, 2019 3:54 AM

Mar 2019
Come on man,when Satoru tried to create a chemistry between his mother and the teacher I was so exhilarated because I started to empathize him,but now?This is a plot twist,like come on.It gotta be
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 11, 2019 1:08 PM

Dec 2014
Little late to the party, but I have watched it when it was airing.

If you liked the show up until this points, then stop watching it.
Stop at Episode 10, that is the best experience you will have watching this show, continuing will ruin the entire show for you forever.

It goes from a 9/10 to a 5/10 the last 2 Episodes.

I know ratings do not matter that much, but it's just a visualisation of what you are getting into, continue after Episode 10 at your own risk.
Oct 11, 2019 8:21 PM
Feb 2016

Yeah it's not that good
I strongly recommend the original Manga. Original Mangais very good until the end
Jan 25, 2020 4:30 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It was not as surprising of a reveal as I was anticipating it to be, that smuggy bastard.
Apr 24, 2020 8:46 PM
Sep 2018
I knew it was the professor! ahah nooooo
May 5, 2020 7:51 PM
Feb 2014
Yes, it was the teacher, there were a lot of hints pointing to it and I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with prediction. I would rather predict it accurately episode 1 than have it come out of left field entirely.

My problem is if Satoru saw his face beforehand, why did he just decide to forget all of that during his revival? Why didn't he act cautious around the teacher? Why did he depend on him so willingly? I can understand needing the teacher's help partially, but if he's already seen the killer's face, there's no need to be so eager in getting assistance from him. I hope that's wasn't just entirely forgotten about.
May 6, 2020 1:53 AM
Oct 2019
Didn't expect the teacher. Just seemed like a decoy. But I guess I didn't have a better theory going.
May 11, 2020 6:04 PM
May 2018
I don't know why, but since the first episodes I had a feeling about the teacher.
Him knowing all the Kayo stuff and doing nothing?
Making jokes about kidnapping?
And in the second and third episode they introduced him as a "close" teacher?
His conversation scene with Kenya? (Ik it was for the birthday party, but why...)

Idk man but I had a feeling since the beginning, and well, in the last couple of episode they make it pretty obvious
Jun 6, 2020 6:29 AM

May 2018
Wait it was Yachiru sensei the whole time? I thought it was so obvious that this would be a red herring xD
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.