Forum Settings
Forums

'Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka' Gets OVA

New
Feb 21, 2016 3:06 AM

Nov 2011
An OVA of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka was announced today at the anime's Hestia Party event. Seiji Miyazaki, general manager of cross media rights at light novel publishing label GA Bunko, announced on Twitter that the OVA is the ninth of GA Bunko's 10th anniversary projects.

The series adapts the light novels of the same name written by Fujino Omori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. The TV anime aired in Spring 2015 for a total of 13 episodes.

Further information on the OVA will be announced on March 6 at Gangan GA Fes. 2016 Spring at the Maihama Amphitheater, where the voice cast members of the series will make an appearance.

Source: Otakomu

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka OVA on MAL
Sakana-sanJun 3, 2016 7:44 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2016 3:14 AM
Aug 2015
yay
just need second season..........
Feb 21, 2016 3:17 AM

Aug 2015
Cool, but why not 2nd season?

My heart stopped for a second when I saw the poster 😂
Feb 21, 2016 3:18 AM
Nov 2015
second season please...
Feb 21, 2016 3:21 AM

Oct 2014
well, at least better than nothing :)
Feb 21, 2016 3:22 AM

Apr 2014
ArKtiK123 said:

Please no. This should be the last.
Unless, Yoshitsugu won't be coming back.
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 21, 2016 3:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
A second season would be better but more Hestia-chwan is always welcome
Feb 21, 2016 3:27 AM

Nov 2013
No thank you. Sadly, I can see a second season even worse.
Feb 21, 2016 3:28 AM

Jan 2015
Second season please...
Feb 21, 2016 3:31 AM

Nov 2011
Season 2 may be possible in the future. Either that or the spin-off series could also be animated.
Feb 21, 2016 3:32 AM

Jan 2015
Second season por favor.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 21, 2016 3:41 AM

Aug 2015
Rayzer said:
ArKtiK123 said:

You hate Yoshitsuugu, I like him.. Everyone has its owns tastes..
Feb 21, 2016 3:44 AM

Aug 2008
Couldn't be happier ^^ Now pls Sword Oratoria next dear J.C.Staff ^^

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Feb 21, 2016 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
I dont want a second season or OVA.... It wasnt even that great...and I love harems .-.
RobiiiiFeb 21, 2016 4:15 AM
Feb 21, 2016 4:04 AM

Oct 2015
its nice to see that there is still some activity around it hope this OVA wont tease us too much, really need the 2nd season since they left us on a clifhanger with the 1st season >,<
Feb 21, 2016 4:05 AM

Apr 2015
Why do people on MAL act like they are forced to watch every second season if they hated the first season?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2016 4:16 AM

Apr 2014
Nice~ More Hestia=Bestia
Feb 21, 2016 4:22 AM
Mar 2010
CG-Silver said:
Why do people on MAL act like they are forced to watch every second season if they hated the first season?

+1. I agree with this.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 21, 2016 4:30 AM

Jan 2014
Why not?More bathing Hestia i assume =_=

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazFeb 21, 2016 8:15 AM
Feb 21, 2016 4:38 AM

Apr 2014
ArKtiK123 said:
Rayzer said:

Oh yeah sorry. I forgot there's a lot of people likes voice actor who sounds/voices like a gay.
Feb 21, 2016 4:55 AM

Oct 2014
better than nothing
Feb 21, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
I can see the 2nd season coming after this lol.

Feb 21, 2016 5:00 AM

Aug 2015
Rayzer said:
ArKtiK123 said:

Oh yeah sorry. I forgot there's a lot of people likes voice actor who sounds/voices like a gay.

I don't think a man can have a gay voice unless it sounds a little bit feminine.. I don't know exactly because I'm not into that but I see lots of fashion designers who talk like gays and some actually are..
Feb 21, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2013
So judging by the title 'hestia party" it's going to be a completely original material focusing on Hestia.
Once again they focus ona character that only truly becomes interesting later on ImO, adding scenes, focusing on her outfit and the like. Danmachi anime and danmachi novels are truly focusing on completely different things and different characters.
They could have adapted one of the short stories of the volume 4 (either Hestia's ribbon or Naza's quest) but no, original material focusing on Hestia.
Poor Naza. Completely removed from the story in anime despite being a recurring character in the novel,up to the point she didn't get a seiyuu, and when they could have finally focused a bit on her with an OVA, they decide to do an original material instead. That anime studio clearly despises Naza, that's the only explanation I have.
Feb 21, 2016 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
ArKtiK123 said:
Rayzer said:

I don't think a man can have a gay voice unless it sounds a little bit feminine.. I don't know exactly because I'm not into that but I see lots of fashion designers who talk like gays and some actually are..

He just likes manly men. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Feb 21, 2016 5:06 AM

Aug 2015
EasyGo-er said:
ArKtiK123 said:

Who? Yoshitsugu? :)
Feb 21, 2016 5:24 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Not surprising at all, considering how popular it was.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 21, 2016 5:29 AM

Jan 2013
Zefyris said:
So judging by the title 'hestia party" it's going to be a completely original material focusing on Hestia.
Once again they focus ona character that only truly becomes interesting later on ImO, adding scenes, focusing on her outfit and the like. Danmachi anime and danmachi novels are truly focusing on completely different things and different characters.
They could have adapted one of the short stories of the volume 4 (either Hestia's ribbon or Naza's quest) but no, original material focusing on Hestia.
Poor Naza. Completely removed from the story in anime despite being a recurring character in the novel,up to the point she didn't get a seiyuu, and when they could have finally focused a bit on her with an OVA, they decide to do an original material instead. That anime studio clearly despises Naza, that's the only explanation I have.

Welp they know their target audience. It's not like people watch this show for the compelling story or characters. They come for the loli with big boobs in skimpy outfits.
Not particualrly surprising considering how ovas for a series tend to be rather fanservicy anyway.
Feb 21, 2016 5:29 AM

Mar 2012
Not surprised we had more Danmachi content on the way..expecting a s2 announcement soon too
Feb 21, 2016 5:33 AM

Oct 2014
glad more of this show is coming out, was hoping for a second season but this is better than nothing
Feb 21, 2016 5:33 AM

Mar 2012
Can we put aside Hestia just for a while please? She have been featured enough. What about Syr? Ryu?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 21, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2015
lol Hestia's relevancy fall out like a year ago :x what's the point of making an OVA about her now to be honest
Feb 21, 2016 5:37 AM

Dec 2014
More boob-string "goodness" that I don't give two fucks about. Needless to say though this is likely just going to be fanservice with Hestia or something.
Feb 21, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2013
BoboSmrad said:
lol Hestia's relevancy fall out like a year ago :x what's the point of making an OVA about her now to be honest

Nippons will buy it so they can make 2nd season, of course.

Feb 21, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2012
RayAdha said:
Not surprising at all, considering how popular it was.

Same here , hoping for s:2

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazFeb 21, 2016 8:15 AM

Feb 21, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
Zefyris said:

Uh, Hestia Party is the name of the event where the OVA was announced, not the name of the OVA itself.

Feb 21, 2016 6:04 AM

Apr 2015
EasyGo-er said:
BoboSmrad said:

Nippons will buy it so they can make 2nd season, of course.

i just think now it's too late (and a waste of money) because Hestia isn't really SPAMMED seen all over the internet as she was at the beginning of "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ". honestly the only reason the anime even got any popularity is because of that boob ribbon and now people have gotten tired of it,along with Hestia(it's why i said she's not relevant anymore).

i personally don't see this getting a second season,but who knows...
BoboSmradFeb 21, 2016 6:08 AM
Feb 21, 2016 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
We need more Aiz and Lili.
Feb 21, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
EasyGo-er said:
ArKtiK123 said:

Exactly, Someone like Yoshimasa Hosoya, Yuuichi Nakamura and Ryota Osaka.
They are good for harem leads. Not someone like Yoshitsugu who sounds like a terrible retard maniac.
Feb 21, 2016 6:32 AM

May 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Can we put aside Hestia just for a while please? She have been featured enough. What about Syr? Ryu?
no more Hestia!! She hasn't been featured enough in almost a year since the whole Hesta fever month. The other girls just need to try harder to standout.

#morehestia #hestiaovertrump #hestiaisbestia #oppailoligoddess #idontalwaysfapbutwhenidoitsforhestia #imgay
Feb 21, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2014
Even though I'm not too fond of Hestia, I'll still watch this. More Danmachi is always welcome. Hopefully season 2 won't be too far behind.
Feb 21, 2016 7:22 AM

Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:

At least Syr and Ryu were featured in the anime. What about Naza. What about giving her a seiyuu for a start!
Besides Naza's quest actually means quite a bit more Liliruca too. So that's a good thing, she got too much important scenes cut in the anime.
Zefyris said:

Welp they know their target audience. It's not like people watch this show for the compelling story or characters. They come for the loli with big boobs in skimpy outfits.
Not particualrly surprising considering how ovas for a series tend to be rather fanservicy anyway.

can't say they don't know how to sell stuff.
To think I never ever noticed the particularity of Hestia's outfit (and never heard about it either) until that buzz with the anime. Shows how much different the focus of novels readers and anime watchers is...

EasyGo-er said:
Zefyris said:

Uh, Hestia Party is the name of the event where the OVA was announced, not the name of the OVA itself.

Oh, my fault to just closing the pic as soon as I saw "hestia party" written without reading more. Well then, I suppose there's a little hope left. At least they should make the OVA about "a present for Hestia" short story (since there's no way we'll avoid getting something more focused on Hestia, at least make it canon story rather simple fan service ). I really have no hope of seeing Naza's quest animated.
ZefyrisFeb 21, 2016 7:26 AM
Feb 21, 2016 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
The Hestia craze died down really fast, I think it under performed in comiket or somewhere.
They should focus on Aiz instead of Hestia :'(
Feb 21, 2016 8:17 AM

Jul 2013
ArKtiK123 said:
EasyGo-er said:

Rayzer said:
EasyGo-er said:

They are good for harem leads. Not someone like Yoshitsugu who sounds like a terrible retard maniac.

Pretty sure both of you missed what I'm getting at but oh well. I'll leave it at that lol.

Feb 21, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2015
EasyGo-er said:
ArKtiK123 said:

Rayzer said:

Pretty sure both of you missed what I'm getting at but oh well. I'll leave it at that lol.

Come on, I don't like someone to leave me in suspense :))
Feb 21, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2015
NO!!we want season 2...s2 please...season 2 or riot
Feb 21, 2016 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
ArKtiK123 said:

Come on, I don't like someone to leave me in suspense :))

He just wanted to say Yoshitsugu was a gay.
Well, too much of this off topic.
On topic. Well I'll still watch this OVA and endure the male leads voice.
Feb 21, 2016 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
This isn't too surprising tbh, considering how popular this series was. I didn't really despise this anime, but I didn't think it was the greatest thing on earth, so I'm more or less indifferent about this news and the potential of a second season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 21, 2016 9:33 AM

Feb 2015
phoenixalia said:
CG-Silver said:

+1. I agree with this.

+1 from me :D
so...+2
this is MAL for ya :D
#Welcome to MAL
Feb 21, 2016 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
Just what the world needed...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Today

16 by Chouninatte »»
24 minutes ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

7 by Rhae »»
6 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

22 by Kaikaidou »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

17 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.