Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 27, 2015 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this got more chaotic with the social affairs. Protest and riots breaking out and shit going down with the government having a hard time containing it.

I still find the action to be nice in the second half as it still retains the level of excitement I had hoped. Hyouma also played a role with his piloting skills. Heh, the mecha action has always been pretty fun in this show. An overall exciting way to conclude the first cour imo. 7/10. Can't wait for Spring~

Dat OST.
Dec 27, 2015 7:28 AM

Sep 2008
A pity it isn't a straight forward 2-cour series... :(

...at least, there'll be more Concrete Revolutio next year. Can't wait for the continuation in April 2016 ;)
Dec 27, 2015 7:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Amazing.....Absolutely amazing! Can't wait for the next cour to start

9/10
Dec 27, 2015 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely the best show of the season from those I watched; it tackles on some ideas and events that are quite contemporary.

Well, we already know partially what will happen in the next course, but it will still be nice to have more details - and know what conclusion is reached.
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Dec 27, 2015 8:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Incredible last two episodes of the first cour. Holy shit.

Emi wanted Jirou to never see Kikko again and she saves her from her demon form.
She only didn't kill her because she promised Jirou.

Akita is some fucking asshole alien, he took the body of this guy and causes mayhem for his success.

Very cool to see almost all ''protagonists'' of the episodes before in this one, partially helping Jirou to get out of his rogue state.

The struggle of humans and superhumans co-existing and who protects whom with what causes...that was deep. Claude died (?) because he couldn't control his powers anymore after Jirou broke his mask.

Jirou x Kikko please.

8/10 (the build-up episodes to this conclusion were a bit boring to watch, but the idea alone of telling the story this way....it's unique and so different from every other anime, that alone deserves praise IMO)
SmudyDec 27, 2015 8:29 AM
Dec 27, 2015 8:24 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Best episode of the series. The series was decent overall. Episodes are hit or miss though.

For this episode: 5/5
For this series: 6.4-6.9/10
Dec 27, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
They really succeeded in creating a conflict of two equally valid and equally wrong opinions with this. Everyone coming together for the final episode was also a nice surprise.

Its nice to see the confirmation of Jiro being the nuke of Hiroshima being confirmed. As well as my theory of last few weeks about Hoshino being a shell to her real self(which means that that version will still happen once she is seen as ready to become the queen).

Also nice callback to the whole "Who watches the watchmen?" phrase with whole "Superhumans protect humans, but who protect superhumans?" thing. Its nice to see the show acknowledge its main inspiration(Watchmen)

Overall this show, just as was implied by interviews, feels heavily influenced by both A.Moore's The Watchmen and G.R.R.Martin's Wildcards, with a healthy doze of Quentin Tarantino mixed in. It has presented us with a frighteningly real world(because most of events depicted have our world's equivalent) and created complex gray morality characters who might believe being right, but if they are, depends entirely on viewer's point of view. All the while, the show used a complex and unique non-linear narrative structure AND managed to NOT fuck it up so far.

10/10 - can't wait for second cour. First cour is already easily my AOTY.
AhenshihaelDec 27, 2015 8:55 AM
Dec 27, 2015 8:46 AM

Aug 2015
This is the surprise of this season for me. Really enjoyed this and I wasn't honestly expecting much. Can't wait for the second cour. 8/10
Dec 27, 2015 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
It could have been better, premise is interesting but I didn't like the character design and the plot was all over the place.

2/10
Dec 27, 2015 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
So many questions to be answered in the next cour, I love it. Not to mention the amazing OST. It was nice to see all the characters from the past episodes make an appearance for the finale. That being the case, they'll probably all play a role in the next cour as well.

"I was told to be a second Jiro." I wouldn't mind if Claude somehow reverted back to his original state, but being the way he is right now makes things much more interesting.

Another thing, the way Akita, or these spacemen in general, can easily take over other bodies make me wonder if they're even able to die. Also, it'd be interesting if we're introduced to some more.
Dec 27, 2015 9:15 AM

May 2010
didnt expect to give a 10 to anything other than One Punch Man ;) i wasnt aware this is split 2 cour anime so i was very surprised to find out about it.

I think the show is too easy to misjudge when only watching the first 1-2 episodes of it and im glad i sticked with it.

Oh yeah...that scene where they all put on Claudes mask and outfit at the same time.. instant code geass flashback :D
Dec 27, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
10/10 great ending.
Kikko was turned into a tiger yokai XD
Earth chan was broken in this riot :O
Daitetsu joins the police's side.
If it wasn't for Akita taking over the minsters body, the gov would have won, just like in the other countries :(

Looks like Jin's motive was jealousy :( maybe he will be freed or controlled by Daitetsu.

Jiro has a dragon inside of him :O
Dec 27, 2015 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
One of the greatest thing about this series was that none of the previous episodes were for naught, every individual became involved by the end. Another good thing was the continuous theme depicted well by how the two sides joining forces to help Jiro, the final destination where it is common to both sides. Can the current system really be able to grant that much change, the difference being on the method only.

The most indecisive, like that of Earth-chan or even Claude basically got left in the dust, giving more emphasis on the fact that it is cowardice itself to be unable to choose a side.

Never would have thought that was the reason why Jiro ventured alone. Tension is just everywhere, which simply captivates its viewers. Easily a 9/10 for this matter, and am highly interested to how things would turn out. It is not easy to be both thought-provoking yet appealing the emotions, the irrational and rational all jammed up together into one big mess.

There isn't the way to do things, it is only a way. Or perhaps a quote from Tom Robbins: "It is what it is, you are what you it, there are no mistakes."
Dec 27, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2007
Kerozinn said:

Oh yeah...that scene where they all put on Claudes mask and outfit at the same time.. instant code geass flashback :D

That's actually a reference to student protests in 1968. Protesting students put on same helmets so they could recognize each other.
Dec 27, 2015 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
FatefulLove said:

The most indecisive, like that of Earth-chan or even Claude basically got left in the dust, giving more emphasis on the fact that it is cowardice itself to be unable to choose a side.

You have to choose side now?
Earth chan didn't choose any sides cause that's not what she stands for.
Dec 27, 2015 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, it's nice to get a show that makes you think. Not just ponder with basic existential questions and whatnot but put the pieces of the story together. Hopefully lack of spoonfeeding won't negatively affect the sales too much. Solid 9 if it wasn't a split cour. Eventually the only series I enjoyed and was looking for each week this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 27, 2015 10:21 AM

Apr 2015
It could have been much better if they separated present and future into two different series, seems like they got it in the end, but that's just too late.
Dec 27, 2015 10:24 AM

Jul 2007
Mekron said:
It could have been much better if they separated present and future into two different series, seems like they got it in the end, but that's just too late.

No it would not have been "much better".

Non-linear storytelling is one of many reasons why this show is unique and good.
Dec 27, 2015 10:38 AM

Feb 2013
Wew, that sure was a lot to take in
Mekron said:

Not really. That kind of approach was necessary for the sake of foreshadowing/showing the consequences of the events of the 42nd year
Dec 27, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
Overall very much disappointed with the series. I think the aspect that often prevented me from enjoying it was that everything felt rushed. The fact that every episode had to be self-conclusive, excluding the last 2 episodes, really hurt the narrative as it didn't allow for enough fleshing out of the big events. Yes, some of the side stories were rightly contained to a single episode, but I felt like most of the others lacked transitioning scenes to make everything feel more coherent. Hell, even this last conflict with Claude could have benefited from an extra episode or 2.
Also, the whole non-linear storytelling seems like a complete gimmicky and I felt like it added nothing to the series. At first I was hoping it'd be more akin to what Baccano accomplished with it, but so far other than making me wonder about how a few things played out, it's been detrimental. I guess the second cour may prove me wrong on that, though.
And about the second cour, I will probably be watching it cause all the sneak peaks to the future timeline look very promising and may resolve some of the problems I have with it.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Dec 27, 2015 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
That was surprisingly good. Unfortunately the kind of weak first half can't really prevent this show from getting above a 7, but still.

As for the 2nd cour, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, sequels to Studio Bones shows are almost always better than the first (See: Noragami). On the other hand, Urobuchi is involved with it. I liked Madoka Magica, but Chaos Dragon and Rebellion were trainwrecks (Though I don't know if its Urobuchi's fault for why those two went horribly wrong but still). It's going to be interesting to see how it all pans it in the end though.

7/10
Burger-MeisterDec 28, 2015 8:44 AM
Dec 27, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Smudy said:
I
Jirou x Kikko please.
At the moment it won't happen, but I guess we all want it to happen. Emi is unbelievably possessive and cruel, she may try to hold reins on Jiro, but clearly it isn't gonna work, specially after he is gonna walk his own path away from the left of the Bureau.

I guess a lot more conflict came into pass here and even bigger ones are come at the future. There are some major political struggles here, but I guess the deepest part of today's fight was that everybody was divided. Earth-chan wanted to punish everybody for pretty much everybody was a mess, while others like our Detective and some of our young rioters including Fuurota, had to "betray" some of their principles in favour of others, for what could be seen as "right" or basically the "best outcome".

Are the governments some huge pieces of shit for toying with Superhumans and exploiting them and other people for their experiments? Yes, absolutely, but does this justify massive riots of Superhumans vs all humanity? Hell no, that is completely extreme and segregated, this is just violence for the sake of saying "we're angry", it does not construct anything beyond leaving destruction on its wake.

I guess the characters are gonna be more divided after this. Oh lord, watching this really feels like Marvel's Civil War. Heck I'll quote Captain America's line "We're just fighting".

PS: Kikko is unbelievably sexy D:
BGMaxieDec 27, 2015 11:26 AM
Dec 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
Burger-Meister said:
On the other hand, Urobuchi is directing it. I liked Madoka Magica, but Chaos Dragon and Rebellion were trainwrecks (Though I don't know if its Urobuchi's fault for why those two went horribly wrong but still). It's going to be interesting to see how it all pans it in the end though.

Urobuchi is not directing anything. HE is a guest writer. He also had no involvement with Chaos Dragon.
Dec 27, 2015 11:33 AM
Aug 2014
9/10. Now, the waiting game.
Dec 27, 2015 11:33 AM

Feb 2012
Burger-Meister said:

On the one hand, sequels to Studio Bones shows are almost always better than the first (See: Noragami). On the other hand, Urobuchi is directing it.

Urobuchi directs stuff? That's news to me.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Dec 27, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good series. I'm looking forward to the second cour!
Dec 27, 2015 12:04 PM

Feb 2015
They really need to connect everything in the second cour. i feel like this ending was still random in my opinion, but still a good ending with the action and soundtrack. the pacing was really good.

Overall i like the first cour even though it was really random. i think i will give it 8/10 instead of 9/10 because of the random plot. i thought they will connect everything in the final arc of this first cour but it was still random to me but not too random. at least i think this episode was the reason why Jiro isn't in the organization again. but i still confuse.
Dec 27, 2015 1:20 PM

Mar 2015
Before the show started airing I thought that it will be very hyped and popular, but I'll probably skip it. Turns out it's reverse - sadly not much positivity form the general public, but oh dear how I'm enjoying it.

Quite a shame that a long waiting period awaits. Hope it's for the best. After the whole series I'll probably watch everything again to be able to understand everything properly. Now it's not absolutely clear since there are so many characters with distinct objectives that change from time to time. In other words damn, what a good show.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Dec 27, 2015 1:45 PM

May 2009
Wow, Jirou is "Little Boy" the atomic bomb that was supposed to destroy Hiroshima but in version of world nuclear warheads are Kaijuus.
Dec 27, 2015 1:51 PM

Sep 2014
I never liked the way they kept switching to the different dates and eras, left me pretty confused while watching this. Overall I did enjoy it, and I'm definitely looking forward for the second cour.
Dec 27, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
Very interesting way to finish. I'll be definitely watching the second cour! 7/10.
Dec 27, 2015 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
That was a good ending, imo. Really liked this anime and it felt pretty unique. I could say this anime is one of my favorites this year.
So I guess the flow of the story is going to be more continuous from now on? With a few flashbacks and jumping between timelines.

I can't wait for the second cour, really want to know what is going to happen to Jiro.
Dec 27, 2015 2:14 PM

Jun 2007
bastek66 said:
Wow, Jirou is "Little Boy" the atomic bomb that was supposed to destroy Hiroshima but in version of world nuclear warheads are Kaijuus.

Yeah, I was surprised that you were the first person in this thread to even pick up on that. Jiro was literally the atomic bomb (this world's version).
Dec 27, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2007
TheTsunami said:
bastek66 said:

Yeah, I was surprised that you were the first person in this thread to even pick up on that. Jiro was literally the atomic bomb (this world's version).

People already speculated it as early as midway point of the show.
Dec 27, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2015
Really didn't think I would enjoy this series so much. Well, now to wait for the second cour.
Dec 27, 2015 3:14 PM

Oct 2011
OMFG SPRING COME FASTER T_______T
Dec 27, 2015 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
Wow! Amazing end to the first cour!

I loved the non-linear story style and it made you pay attention to the story more, since you had them switching back and forth between the past and present.

Definitely can't wait for April 2016 and the continuation of this story!

9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 27, 2015 4:00 PM
Oct 2014
Stark700 said:
Dat OST.

When the music kicked in, I was on the edge of my seat. In earlier episodes they sometimes cut the action scenes short to emphasize the ideological and political conflict, but not this episode! It really brought the intensity, and the fights were animated well. I was expecting more of a tragic, pronounced event to show
"-THIS- is why Jirou leaves," but that ending was okay with everyone coming together to stop rogue Jirou. Claude's death was pretty anti-climactic, though. Love this show! Can't wait for Jirou's revolution in season 2! 8/10
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Dec 27, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2013
Both side is rigth, both side is wrong. 8/10. Wait for the second season
Dec 27, 2015 5:12 PM

Nov 2009
Awesome show, cant wait for the 2nd cour!
Dec 27, 2015 5:19 PM

Aug 2014
No-Look_Kuroko said:
I was expecting more of a tragic, pronounced event to show
"-THIS- is why Jirou leaves," but that ending was okay with everyone coming together to stop rogue Jirou. Claude's death was pretty anti-climactic, though. Love this show! Can't wait for Jirou's revolution in season 2! 8/10

I think that there's going to be something else happening that put Jiro on edge and make him wear his red scarf. We know from the episode with immortal family that just after leaving the Bureau Jiro was behaving in pretty timid way and wasn't just yet sure what to do, so I think that the event shown in this ep really matches that situation.

That Kaiju shadow of baby Jiro though. Omg. This anime is so awesome. I'm actually surprised but I think this anime turned out to be my AOTY, after last episodes of Noragami kind of let me down just a little. Well, maybe I'll change my mind after I catch up on a few series that aired this year, that I have yet to see. But still, it's a great anime, it's a shame it's so underrated.

And DAT OST.
Dec 27, 2015 5:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Very solid series and vastly underrated. Can't wait for the second season.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 27, 2015 6:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What an exciting way to end the first cour. I love how everyone was just shouting out their views one after another, and sort of alternating between the two sides, or even a third side (Earth-chan, Fuurouta being a friend to every kid). All the previous episodes was a great build up to the finale. Overall, definitely an amazing show. There was so much creativity, from the premise itself, the way their world parallels ours but weapons are in the form of kaijuus, the artstyle, the narrative style--all of this made the series really fun and unique. Definitely my favorite of the season, and the best original anime for this year.

The wait for the second cour will be quite painful...they totally hyped it up with the preview.
Dec 27, 2015 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
It's a hidden gem in this season.

8/10. It's nice to see all those various elements thrown into the series.
Dec 27, 2015 6:33 PM

Jul 2011
5/7

This explains why Jiro leaves, but why the hell did the others stay? they have the exact same information than Jiro, and yet...

We know that the Super Human Bureau was being "manipulated", and also that they did a lot of conscious atrocities against superhumans, so they aren't what they are supposed to be, even without the manipulation, we can't say that the chief killing and hijacking that politician redeems their actions, for they have all the other things to deal with, for example the Rainbow Knight incident.

We also know that the ad agency likes to use people in order to propel their own hidden agenda, but which agenda is that one? they abused a bunch of kaijus and killed Megagon (with the help of the Superhuman bureau), they had factory of drugged candy to fuck superhumans, and they also have all those schemes with the idol agency.

We know that the government wants to keep using the superhumans as weapons, and Jiro's adoptive father is full in on this project, along with that alien friend of his.

In the end all the sides are corrupt, so why was only Jiro the one to leave?
DoomroarDec 27, 2015 6:40 PM
Dec 27, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
So Jiro is human but not human?
Age? 23-24 at episode 13?

Its like watching Haruhi with nonlinear order
But this in another level, mostly in every episode

Who beat Earth-chan?
Dec 27, 2015 9:34 PM

Jul 2015
ritokuroyuuki said:

Who beat Earth-chan?

i think he crashed (in computer term) because he couldn't pick anyone's side!
Dec 27, 2015 10:06 PM

Mar 2008
I disagree with Jirou being the bomb. You can see Enola Gay destroyed and Hiroshima isn't really destroyed, as if baby Jirou's "dragon" had acted (and left the shadow) to prevent it.

Also, in which ep Psy Kicker is introduced? I feel he didn't get his own episode.

And not showing how earth-chan was trashed was lame.

Other than that, the show was pretty good.
Dec 27, 2015 10:38 PM

Jul 2007
m4rc0 said:
I disagree with Jirou being the bomb. You can see Enola Gay destroyed and Hiroshima isn't really destroyed, as if baby Jirou's "dragon" had acted (and left the shadow) to prevent it.

The plane carrying Jirou crashed. He never got to explode. Kaiju are disasters, be it from human or nature. And it fits Jiro to be exactly that. After all the kaiju in him "wants the world to end"
AhenshihaelDec 27, 2015 10:39 PM
Dec 28, 2015 1:04 AM

Jan 2015
I think I should finish the series, since the reactions are...positive?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

71 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 10:04 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

106 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2015

39 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.