Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2015 6:26 AM

Jun 2012
After that, Gohan should go SSJ2 and beat the shit out of everybody including Frieza even if only a few punches.

Oh and now Tagoma will stay alive even after the end of the arc, as a frog? I would prefer him to be killed.
Dec 6, 2015 7:03 AM
Oct 2012
Gidar said:

They still haven't achieved Super sayan Blue , yet alone full control.

The ONLY REASON as to why goku/vegeta actually won in Revival of F was due to Frieza coming to earth RIGHT THE MOMENT he achieved golden form and him eventually running out of Fuel , since his body couldn't handle the power ....

THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE GOKU AND VEGETA DOING RIGHT NOW??
Exactly the SAME FUCKING THING ...
LAST-MINUTE Power-up that STILL hasn't been shown ... the same freakin way frieza got it ... JUST ON EVEN SHORTER NOTICE ....
The fuck toriyama ... get your stupid story straight...

This.
Dragon Ball Super insults the human intelligence.
Dec 6, 2015 7:24 AM

Aug 2010
LOL Piccolo XD Gohan never learns. If only he dodged...
TFS should make a Gohan Owned counter now LMAO

Tagoma sure didn't last long. Although he was REKTing them so easily O_o
Props to Gotenks for headbutting his balls XD I found it lame how they just lost their fusion from the first minute they were there. Obviously a cop out.

Ginyu sure enjoyed the life for a little bit. Well at least Gohan can still beat him. At least...
And nxt ep he's gonna get REKT from Vegeta? XD

Comedy gold from stupidity tbh
Dec 6, 2015 7:56 AM
Mar 2008
DBS its just fanservice, ESPECIALLY this arc................but not only fanservice, its probably the stupidest fanservice i've ever seen in Anime. So damn many flaws altogether EVEN for the damn DBZ Universe. Alone in this episode were so many flaws.
I dont know what the hell Toriyama is thinking with this.
Dec 6, 2015 8:02 AM

Jun 2012
MahadoKusanagi said:
DBS its just fanservice, ESPECIALLY this arc................but not only fanservice, its probably the stupidest fanservice i've ever seen in Anime. So damn many flaws altogether EVEN for the damn DBZ Universe. Alone in this episode were so many flaws.
I dont know what the hell Toriyama is thinking with this.

Meh, as long as the next arc, the tournament one, is amazing i don't really care about this one.
Dec 6, 2015 8:19 AM

May 2015
OMG Gohan -_-
Dec 6, 2015 8:31 AM

Nov 2015
xD

This scene was so funny.

After watching the preview, I think the next episode will have a really bad animation.
Dec 6, 2015 8:49 AM
Nov 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
DrizzyXP said:

Why? How is it any different from the humans surpassing Raditz in a year? Or Goku getting over 20x stronger in a year? And then 8x stronger in 6 days? And I don't know which world you live in, but Freeza's power boost has been heavily criticized.

A Frieza soldier can't get a lot stronger than a Super Saiyan 1 by doing a normal training, that's fucking ridiculous, try to say Tagoma got stronger than Goku after reaching the legendary Super Saiyan transformation with a straight face.
What part of EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS did you not understand?People hated Frieza's power boost but Tagoma's that makes even less sense gets a free pass.

You're still using the power level logic. You really need to get that go, because power levels were ended after the Freeza saga. So many saga's later, people still use them to compare. STOP comparing, because it's NOT gonna make any sense.

Yes ofcourse it's gonna look stupid if you look at it like this:

Common freeza soldier power level: 1,200
Super Saiya-jin Goku in freeza battle: 150,000,000

Does that look silly? Yes, yes it does. Which is why Toriyama threw out the power level system after Freeza saga.

People are way too obsessed with the power level system and the multipliers that aren't even applied by himself anymore. Him throwing out those power levels and multipliers was a good thing.. If fans were able to let it go.

Also, someone in this thread said Tagoma can beat SSJ. Clearly not true, as Tagoma got his ass handed to him by SSJ Gohan. SSJ Gohan's power drop I can understand.. Piccolo's power drop however, I cannot understand.

The only unbelieveable thing to me is how worthless Piccolo became in terms of strength. Everyone cries about Gohan, even though it makes sense that the less you train, the less experienced you get, your muscles won't be as strong anymore and as a result, your power drops. People do not like that explanation, but it makes sense.

Before anyone throws the mystic gohan crap at me. Yes, he got at the pinnacle of his strength when he became mystic gohan, but that does not mean he never has to train anymore. Your body weakens, simple as that. You can take steroids all you want, but if you do not compliment them by training or working at it, it aint gonna work much as well.

Otherwise, I find this an entertaining episode. I'm glad they gave the gang something to fight, although it could have been done better. The dialogue is what bothered me the most. Krillin saying that Tagoma is as strong as Krilling at max power, yet Piccolo, who is superior to Krillin in every way, or at least, was, got his butt handed to him that easily.

Idk about you guys but i'm more annoyed about Piccolo's shafting than gohan's.

4/5 overall, though. Because I still find dragon ball highly entertaining.
Dec 6, 2015 8:50 AM
Nov 2009
This episode was hilarious. I can't unhear Zoro's voice lol.
Dec 6, 2015 8:50 AM
Nov 2013
DrizzyXP said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
A Frieza soldier can't get a lot stronger than a Super Saiyan 1 by doing a normal training, that's fucking ridiculous, try to say Tagoma got stronger than Goku after reaching the legendary Super Saiyan transformation with a straight face.

He just did.

You would have thought it'd be ridiculous if I told you that a normal human can't surpass king Piccolo but many of them did. That's how Dragon Ball is. Every time a boost happens in this series, it makes all the others before it look minuscule by comparison. Toriyama wrote himself to a corner when he introduced power levels, and he's never, ever gonna write himself out of it.

Forget about everything past this point: do you remember when Goku defeated Piccolo Daimao? He went to God's lookout and got smacked by Popo. Then what does Popo tell him? That God's probably a thousand times stronger than himself! That's crazy and that's a level of power that Goku surpasses in just a few years of simple training. Of course, after power levels were introduced, we realize that God's power was minuscule and the difference between his power and Goku's at the time probably wasn't much, but not before they were introduced.

And then one arc later, Kuririn and the others get over 4x stronger just after 6 months of training with God (and more 6 months of training alone), making Goku's gains in those 3 years, along with God and Popo's power, seem pathetic. Like I said, power levels are flawed, very flawed, they both ruin our perception of power hierarchy before their introduction and make ANY power-up coming after them, even if they're removed from the story, seem ridiculous because they're only going to get bigger and bigger. You can't complain now, it's ridiculous to complain now, you should have been complaining from the beginning, because at this point it doesn't really matter anymore, they'll tell the story they need to tell, they can't afford to make sense anymore. All you can do is embrace it and curse the moment Toriyama thought it was a good idea to implement a system like that in the series.

Tagoma's boost is ridiculous, yes. But its ridiculousness is what makes it believable.

In all honesty, fans should let the power level system go, as did Toriyama. He realised it was silly and removed it pretty much after Freeza Saga. It's the fans that cannot let it go.
Dec 6, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Piccolo take that attack from frieze reminded me of when he protected Gohan from Nappa's attack now if Gohan kept training, seeing him go into rage mode just like back in the day would have been epic!
Dec 6, 2015 9:16 AM

Apr 2014
This brings back memories but it's not as touching as the first time. (Piccolo's sacrfice)
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Dec 6, 2015 9:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Damn Gohan got destroyed by Frieza. Back in Namek he gave Frieza a good taste of his power and Frieza was stronger than Gohan. Here he just gets owned by simple Death Beams and Picollo saves Gohan. I'm hoping Gohan goes rage mode just like when Vegeta went rage mode on Beerus. At least make Gohan do something to Frieza.

Nice to see Gotenks again.

I wonder just how strong Gohan is on base. He couldn't do anything to Ginyu until he turned SSJ 1. It would be a shame if Gohan got as weak as Imperfect Cell.

I do like this Frieza. Torturing his foes in such a cold way. If he wanted to he could just Supernova the planet.

Dec 6, 2015 9:35 AM

Feb 2015
Some funny moments that I enjoyed besides the action and build up, Frieza thrashing on Gohan! Sinister as ever! Gr8 Times.
Dec 6, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
It is so saddening to see Gohan get his butt kicked by Freza and not even but up a fight. I mean this guy when he was a kid destroyed Cell.

I thought by the end of the episode after Gohan saw Piccolo get shot by Freza would activate his dormant power and he would go beast mode on Freza, but a last Dragon Ball Super portrays Gohan as one of the weakest Sayians in the universe. I mean Pan can probably hold her own better than her father at this point.

~Great episode!!!
Dec 6, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
One of the better eps for sure.
Dec 6, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
Takuto_Shindou said:
Gidar said:

The ONLY REASON as to why goku/vegeta actually won in Revival of F was due to Frieza coming to earth RIGHT THE MOMENT he achieved golden form and him eventually running out of Fuel , since his body couldn't handle the power ....

LAST-MINUTE Power-up that STILL hasn't been shown ... the same freakin way frieza got it ... JUST ON EVEN SHORTER NOTICE ....

This.
Dragon Ball Super insults the human intelligence.

not rlly. You're forgetting that the room is similar to the hyperbolic room of spirit and time, idk y i did that. I'm assuming that they get a lot of time in that room. Still, y gohan so weak?
Dec 6, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Such a surprise, they fight with Majin Buu...but fail to fight with Frieza's man haha such a disappointed.
I guess you lose your touch when there is peace...
Goku and Vegeta better hurry or they are all going to die.
Piccolo...saving Gohan just like when he was a kid.
Dec 6, 2015 11:25 AM

May 2010
It's Chi chi's fault. If she had not turned Gohan into a pussy, he would have trained and put up a better fight than that.
Dec 6, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2010
piccolo's act felt kinda cheap, although it could have been needed for Gohan not to die and it does seem like somthing he'd do....

hmm.. let's see what next week brings.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Dec 6, 2015 2:07 PM
Jun 2011
SD_CV said:
piccolo's act felt kinda cheap, although it could have been needed for Gohan not to die and it does seem like somthing he'd do....

hmm.. let's see what next week brings.
it just my guess but i think next week episode will end just like the one in dragon ball z where frieza and goku about to start their final fight on namek
Dec 6, 2015 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
I seriously cant understand all the hate for this show.
Gotenks and Ginyu in the same episode. only way to get better now would be Future Trunks coming back with God state aswell. (Which would probably make sense, well.. somehow. ^^)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 6, 2015 4:00 PM

Sep 2009
Personally enjoyed the episode but I am also a bit of a sucker for Gohan. Always been a fan of his and that will probably never change. It sucks to see how weak he has gotten but it makes sense why he has since he doesn't train. Yet, he is still the strongest out of that group.

Nice to have an appearance from Gotenks. No clue why they decided to fuse so far ahead of their arrival. Maybe it was to help them reach the area quicker. *shrugs* Do like how Ginyu made his return after so long but he was able to learn Tagoma's body and power too quickly.

And the cliffhanger. That got me good. Was waiting for Gohan to get angry and then it ended. Ah well, another week of waiting. Maybe I'll finally watch the movie in that time.
Dec 6, 2015 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
Fucking weak as shit, this bullcrap needs to be over with, the only reason I haven't dropped it is because I still have hope for the next arc.

Toriyama is a fucking shithead.
Konbu is important
Dec 6, 2015 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

The way how Ginyu changed body was hilarious.

Gohan is way too weak. Piccolo is saving Gohan again when he was a kid!
Dec 6, 2015 6:43 PM

Jan 2015
Oh! This ep was awesome!
And those DBZ scenes ;-;
Dec 6, 2015 7:53 PM

Feb 2008
Poor Piccolo, he's such a good dad. So many tributes to DBZ lmao. Looks like Goku and Vegeta join next episode, so hopefully they'll finish the arc by episode 27-28.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 6, 2015 8:03 PM
Sep 2007
So let me get this straight. Piccolo who should be AT LEAST imperfect cell level got stomped by Tagoma who wasn't fully powered up but then a weak SSJ1 Gohan was able to stomp a fully powered up Ginyuu. This doesn't make sense to me unless Toriyama forgot about the difference between ssj levels and blended ssj1 and 2 together...
Dec 6, 2015 8:48 PM

Jul 2015
Maybe this is what it took for Gohan to finally start training again.
Dec 6, 2015 9:25 PM

Dec 2014
Overall Good episode, I liked it.

But Damn, Gohan being taken out so easily, I mean he was like so badass against cell and even against super buu when he gained those Mystic powers.

I was hoping for so much when he transformed, Yet he was taken down by Frieza's Death Rays. He did go Ssj2 right? He should've been able to dish out some damage :|

Did they censor the blood or did Frieza's Death Rays never cause people to bleed in the first place?
Lelouch0202Dec 6, 2015 11:27 PM
Dec 7, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
how the mighty Gohan have fallen, nice to see Ginyu again though
Dec 7, 2015 1:37 AM

Nov 2014
PLEASE TELL ME GOHAN TURNS SSJ3 IN THE NEXT EPISODE OUT OF RAGE? HE FREAKING NEEDS TO STEP UP HIS GAME, I NEED TEEN GOHAN'S ATTITUDE AND PERSONALITY BACK.

-Why the hell Trunks and Goten didn't turn fused SSJ3 GOTENKS? He could easily do that, he held Majin buu on his own. He could at least handle normal level Freiza. This is ridiculous!
Dec 7, 2015 1:46 AM

Mar 2011
Ok this is getting just ridiculous now...

First off not only Frieza but his random grunt got super powerful just training for 4 months..

Then Piccolo who should be stronger than a normal super saiyan at least gets beaten easily.

Then Ginyu takes his body, and instantly draws out its power, even though we know he can't do that easily from when he took goku's....

So Gohan says he can't use his full power (which I assume meant his unlocked power?) and has to resort to going super saiyan instead? But even then he would probably be weaker than piccolo as he is not a super saiyan 2 anymore... But he beats him with ease.

And then of course Frieza destroys him while he stands still and doe's nothing, you know because he didn't train right? Seriously, I cvan get he isn't at his best, but surely he can sense and see attacks still..

So many inconsistency. I am still trying to enjoy it, even if its more to the DB style than DBZ, maybe they will improve on the fighting though. But seeing Gohan throwing punches shouting yahahaha makes me think not.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 7, 2015 4:38 AM
Apr 2014
I lol'd at the sad music playing during Piccolo's "death"
Who fucking cares if anyone ever dies in DB.
Alright time for a joke

Dec 7, 2015 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
So many past references it's so cool, like when Freeza recognizes Goten & Trunks and then another one is Ginyu's change!
Gohan is really in a pinch! But being hit while in super saiyan form was so lame of him!
Piccolo sacrificed himself for Gohan it's because Piccolo is just like a 2nd father to Gohan!
5/5.

Dec 7, 2015 7:50 AM

Aug 2014
kaiser98 said:
So let me get this straight. Piccolo who should be AT LEAST imperfect cell level got stomped by Tagoma who wasn't fully powered up but then a weak SSJ1 Gohan was able to stomp a fully powered up Ginyuu. This doesn't make sense to me unless Toriyama forgot about the difference between ssj levels and blended ssj1 and 2 together...

Just a wild guess, but I suppose the reason a SSJ 1 Gohan was capable of stomping Ginyuu was because he let his guard down by being surprised? Idk tbh.

Anyway nice episode, but poor Piccolo :( Atleast Goku and Vegeta joins next episode!
Dec 7, 2015 9:00 AM

Mar 2014
Tagoma took a shot to the nuts from both Gotenks and Gohan this episode. xD

He really should wear some better armor down there, lol.

Snappynator said:
Just a wild guess, but I suppose the reason a SSJ 1 Gohan was capable of stomping Ginyuu was because he let his guard down by being surprised?

Yeah, I like this explanation. I also like how things haven't become SOLELY about the power levels but also fighting ability. It makes the fights more interesting.

What I didn't like about this is how much of it is ground that was already tread by DBZ. Ginyu changing bodies is no longer interesting, and it just feels kind of cheap and fanservicey for them to bring him back at this point.
vigorousjammerDec 7, 2015 9:05 AM
::End of Transmission::

Dec 7, 2015 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
Plothole and bullshit central
Dec 7, 2015 7:03 PM

Oct 2011
Poor Gohan
Dec 7, 2015 7:33 PM

May 2015
So far I have liked the way they have handled the battle between the forces of Frieza and The Z Warriors... I liked the inclusion of Ginyu + Trunks & Gotenks even fusion didn’t do sh!t against the bad guys... I can feel the impotence of The Z Warriors in this show more than the movie showed, but I have one question where is the F$%#*ng Blood??? how come you have a martial art all anime plus multiple mortal wounds and you didn’t show a pint of blood even when the flashback has blood in them unfreaking believable... Tch… I’m mad as hell! ಠ益ಠ
Dec 7, 2015 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
all those flashbacks my kokoro can't take that nostalgia and Ginyu is back well kinda oh come on Piccolo why you had to save that bitch
Dec 8, 2015 1:47 AM

Aug 2008
Fantastic episode IMHO.
All the nods back were great, though using old Z footage kinda was an eh choice, but I guess to them the fact the footage looks dated makes it perfect to instantly tell it's a flashback, but alas.

As far as people bitching about Ginyu and Tagoma? Uhh, first off Gohan notices that Tagoma isn't using his full power at first. Second, it's not a matter of Ginyu 'not having trained but somehow still being so powerful'. His whole shtick has always been switching into bodies and then drawing out their full power. So of course he's pulling out the power that Tagoma was holding back on. Not that hard to figure out.

Also, I saw Gohan standing in that preview. I hope that means he loses his cool ala Cell Games style after that cliffhanger ending. Hopefully it also means he'll pick up training again on the side of his fatherly & scholarly duties.

kaiser98 said:

Okay, but have you forgotten the power raises Gohan received after the Cell Games era with all the things with Supreme Kai and them? It only makes sense that his base Super Saiyan form is higher after all the Majin Buu saga raises. So even if he slacked, and with him saying he's having trouble accessing his full power from lack of training, It's unlikely that the amount he can still access is any lower than what he had at the end of the cell games for Super Saiyan 1 alone. Seems pretty inline to what it should be.
Dec 8, 2015 4:57 AM

May 2014
Gohan have read too many books. Not so much power left in him. He beat Ginyu, amazing enough (even Goku had trouble beating him ^^), but then he got owned by Vegeta. Yay, we are gonna see Goku and Vegeta fight next week,

[SPOILER]

Maybe we can see Golden Frieza soon enough and Vegeta/Goku's new blue kami mode.
Dec 8, 2015 4:59 AM

May 2014
Gidar said:
Hmm i think the animation and art quality are finally there, where its watchable for me and im no longer annoyed by derpy faces, shitty editing and horrible fighting scenes ^^
No more fast forwarding to check on the content - yay XD

I bet the reason why they put it so many flashbacks, and also in crappy quality is to probably create a bigger contrast and emphasize on how much "better" it looks now.
Oh well, some sort of recovery.

Still ... there is one major flaw in the story that bugs me ....

Some Spoiler alert would be nice, you ass! Not all of us have watched the movie. I prefer to watch it through the series. -.-'
Dec 8, 2015 6:30 AM
May 2014
Ginyu is back! This fight deserves only one thing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpcL--3BHZ4
Dec 8, 2015 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
DAYUM!!! So epic ep, i actually teared up a little bit at the end :'(
Dec 8, 2015 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
Personally, I enjoyed the episode but if Gohan doesn't at least muster up that anger like he did in the Cell games, I'm going to be highly disappointed!
Dec 8, 2015 8:21 PM

Apr 2014
Dec 10, 2015 7:22 AM

Dec 2012
Why are all these people trying to find consistency in a show that never had it ?
And remember people, the most important thing in Dragon Ball is training, Gohan is struggling just to keep SSJ form because he hasn't trained at all, he has other things to do in life (like his wife).
Dec 11, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode ;)
Gohan who is turning in Super Saiyan and Piccolo's rescue.
That's good
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - Today

5 by 1ElijahB »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.