Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 17, 2015 11:33 PM

Mar 2009
This is the Monogatari I know and love. Sodachi Lost was alright, but Kanbaru makes Monogatari a million times better. Kanbaru's banter with Araragi is always a lot of fun. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this arc.
Nov 18, 2015 12:19 AM
Nov 2014
Cool to see Kanbaru again.
Nov 18, 2015 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
I guess i must be the only one person on this tread to despise Kanbaru.
Come at me.
Nov 18, 2015 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
Everyone that says this series is just characters talking to each other just got proven wrong once again by this episode.

Everyone saying the plot is random or the series has no plot is also wrong, as this episode just interconnected with two other plots. It's one of the missing links.

Fantastic episode. The last 6 episodes didn't seem to have much to do with the rest of the series, though they did have an important role. Two characters that were arguably lacking in detail, Koyomi and Ougi, have now been given much more depth than before. This gives us more attachment to them than before, which will likely come into play as the series continues. Which it will. Orokamonogatari was just released last month, and Wazamonogatari is coming next year. Nisio Isin isn't quite done with the series yet, and Shaft promised years back to animate every single little bit. Final season is a misnomer.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 18, 2015 8:57 PM

Aug 2014
Zapredon said:
Wait...so Shinobu > Senjougahara?

Honestly after Kizumonogatari I can see why. Shinobu and Araragi's life are literally tied together after all.

If Shinobu dies, Araragi will become full human. If Araragi dies, Shinobu will become full vampire. Thus, this weird relationship was created.

Nov 20, 2015 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
well finishing monogatari ss recently helped me a lot in understanding the timeline of this arc...
Nov 20, 2015 7:14 AM

Apr 2014
You dont even need to read kizu to understand the shinbou and araragi relationship

We have seen countless times throughout the series how important shinbou is to him, however everything will make sense with kizu.
Nov 20, 2015 9:53 AM

Aug 2014
Best episode so far, I didn't expect the Samurai guy to return.
Nov 20, 2015 10:54 PM

May 2015
Just finished watching this episode. I'm really enjoying Owarimonogatari tbh.

So that's what happened to the cram school (I watched Monogatari second season up to this part, when Black Hanekawa carried Shinobu to the school). I had no idea that this part shared the same timeline with the first events of the second season. I kinda realized it when Kanbaru mentioned Hanekawa lol.

I plan on rewatching this from the beginning (Bakemonogatari) when I have the time. I'm really interested in it now.
Nov 22, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2010
The chronology in this series is so messed up! If not for this thread, I probably wouldn't have any idea what the hell is happening.

Also - nice to finally see Suruga, she's so ridiculous and lovable at the same time. Her poses during her conversation with Araragi killed me :D
Nov 24, 2015 7:09 PM

Oct 2008
hmmm at least this Shinobu mail arc is much better than the prev arc...
4/5.

Nov 24, 2015 10:27 PM

Jul 2009
Kanbaru: providing doujin bait since 2009
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 25, 2015 3:45 PM

May 2011
I am going to make it a mission, to rewatch ALL the monogatari episodes in chornological order,
Nov 28, 2015 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
Kanbaru is a cutie this episode.

... so yea... I should probably watch the entire series again so I can match all this up...
Thanks previous posts!
Dec 14, 2015 8:31 PM

Jul 2015
Yay, Kanbaru and Ararargi combo,, and lmao at Kanbaru's perverted nature when she is with Araragi.
Dec 21, 2015 3:32 PM

May 2012
Interesting start of this second arc, I do wonder what will happen next though!
Dec 24, 2015 12:21 AM

Nov 2012
Kanbaru is a strong contender for best girl of monogatari.
Dec 26, 2015 4:02 AM

Dec 2009
Thank god for this forum, otherwise I would have been confused with the chain of events and the order of sequences. Really like this series but sometimes it can be head scratching trying to remember everything...
Dec 27, 2015 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
If he doesn't bang Kanbaru even once during his entire lifespan, he is the biggest faggot ever.
Jan 8, 2016 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting OP for the Monogatari series.
God ... I absolutely adore Kanbaru, one of my fav. characters from the series.

Pretty sure we've already heard of the Samurai that Shinobu met 400 years ago, if I recall correctly it was in Monogatari Series S2.

Looking forward to more of this though :)
Jan 26, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
A Wild Samurai Armor Appears! Don't die a virgin! Ep 7.

Plot: Taking place around Tsubasa White Tiger, Koyomi asks Kanbaru to meet him at the abandoned school. However they are attacked by an Oddity Samurai Armor that posses the ability energy drain. It also demands that Kiss Shit give back the awesome demon sword. The two are somewhat saved by the school burning and then are saved from that by Yotsugi.

Character: It was fun seeing the idiot Kanbaru again. That Samurai could only be one person. Can't wait to see how he came back.

Animation/sound: Mein Schatz is a wonder to behold. The drums, the classic old adventure animation.

4/5. A new mystery that will answer some questions from last season. Classic Monogatari.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Mar 12, 2016 12:40 PM

Mar 2015
Well that was a really interesting episode. That was basically nothing but Kanbaru/Araragi banter for like 20 minutes. I was almost sure that the samurai was the original Aberration Killer, Shinobu's minion. Maybe. I don't know.

Anyway, I'm glad I read this thread so I can piece together what happened and in what order it happened. The chronology is slightly confusing but understandable.
Apr 13, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2014
testamentKAISER said:
Is there a flow chart somewhere on how devoted Koyomi to the girls in his life?

Is Shinobu on the top?
Where is Hitagi on that?
And my Hanekawa Tsubasa??
His sisters?
Kanbaru?
Mayoi?

Hitagi=girlfriend
Hanekawa=wife
Kanbaru=mistress
Shinobu=soulmate
Sisters=sisters
Mayoi=one true love

Or something like this. Araragi explains it himself in thought, during some of his earlier interactions with Kanbaru, following something she said as a joke. For some reason though, most people seem to have forgotten about it.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 29, 2016 6:06 AM

Jul 2008
HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

KANBARU FOR BEST GIRL!!!!!!!!!
Oct 3, 2016 5:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Begin the arc of Shinobu Mail..... Words and more action, with a final of episode very dramatic...Nice begining... The evo, will be better?
Oct 3, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
Oooooh now I get it, that tiger was burning the school... I was confused for a bit there xD
Suruga was great, I love her conversation with Koyomi :3
Dec 9, 2016 9:12 AM

Sep 2015
Kanbaru <3
Lol I always love how she jokes about stuff like that
Nov 2, 2017 12:10 PM

Jun 2016
Holy shit. That was probably the creepiest OP of Monogatari series. What the frick. I love the new ED. <3

OMFG. No sign of Shinobu throughout this episode, but I'm not salty because I get to see my precious Kanbaru, then there's Ononoki. Waaah. Finally, we get to see what happened when Araragi texted Kanbaru to meet him.

I wonder what or who's the person behind that armor, maan? I'm having a feeling that it was the darkness. Idk. I may be wrong. Or since it said "my cherished demon sword Kokoro Watari", may be he was the man who Shinobu former Kiss-Shot saved even though it was just his hand loooong time ago.

Kanbaru strikes again with her ecchi jokes. Hahaha!

"Araragi-senpai, will you be my first? I don't want to die a virgin." Hahahahahaha I love her so much. I missed you, Kanbaru! Hisashiburi.

I'm so happy Ononoki arrived and saved them two. Yaaaay!

"The partner I'd want to die together with.. there's only one. The one and only existence is that blonde apparition. She's currently not here. That's why... we must survive and escape from this flaming building." Awwww. Araragi wants to die with Shinobu and nobody else. I wonder what Hitagi would feel. Damn.

Great start for the new arc. Yaaay. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 10, 2018 6:02 AM

Sep 2012
she says she only wants physical relationship but that just her being on denial about her feelings for him or she's lying
Sugram22Jan 14, 2018 5:31 AM
Sep 24, 2018 2:16 AM

May 2018
lol, I loved this new opening, so creative ...

Then Kanbaru and Yotsugi are back! Great arc start.

5/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Apr 30, 2019 10:19 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, a Shinobu + Kanbaru arc, hmmm. Well, it doesn't seem even close to being as good/complex as the previous arc, so I guess that's a little anticlimactic... Well, I hope it turns out better than I expect it to!
May 1, 2019 1:43 PM

Dec 2016
Yotsugi to the rescue!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 24, 2019 10:10 PM

Dec 2018
So Ougi still don't know that Kaiki is still alive. And Araragi not giving a damn about Ougi threatening him. Which is weird.

Kanbaru sure knows where the vital point of the samurai is.

And this is not a spoiler, if you recall the flashback story of Shinobu. But I'm sure that is the Aberration Killer whom Shinobu live with 400 years ago.

70% of the episode : Chit-chat about virginity.
30% of the episode : Real story.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 10, 2019 7:06 AM

Jun 2017
NIce to see Kanbaru and Ononoki again. Way to save the day for Doll Girl.
I second Kanbaru's word, nobody wants to die a virgin. Especially in a fire.

I kinda like the OP animation, but the song, not quite.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 23, 2020 12:07 AM

Feb 2019
that is one big ass samurai
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 24, 2020 9:54 PM

Aug 2020
Tivemos algumas informações interessantes, mas sinto como se o ritmo desse episódio tenha sido um pouco... lento. Me senti um pouco insatisfeito com as decisões durante o combate e o humor pareceu um pouco menos dinâmico. A primeira metade do episódio deixou a desejar, mas a aparição da armadura trouxe uma brasa de curiosidade, parece que teremos uma continuação da história do primeiro servo de Kiss-Shot, ou pelo menos da alma dele.

Bom, tenho certeza que os próximos episódios vão compensar. A aparição da nossa querida boneca sem emoções comprova isso.

Senti saudades da Yotsugi, independente da razão, sua presença é bem vinda! Peace Peace!

//

We had some interesting information, but I felt like the pace of this episode has been a little... slow. I felt a little dissatisfied with the decisions during the fight and the mood seemed a little less dynamic. The first half of the episode left something to be desired, but the appearance of the armor brought an ember of curiosity, it seems that we will have a continuation of the story of the first servant of Kiss-Shot, or at least of his soul.

Well, I'm sure the next episodes will pay off. The appearance of our dear emotionless doll proves this.

I missed Yotsugi, regardless of the reason, your presence is welcome! Peace Peace!

(Sorry for my potato english)

Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 18, 2020 10:28 PM

Jun 2020
Good way to start good op good to see Kanbaru back can't wait to see Shinobu I haven't seen her for a while now.

This arc is pretty good the armor guy is probably the first minion of Shinobu just a hunch.
Oct 4, 2020 1:04 AM
Mar 2018
kanbaru horny bonk. and cool way to wrap this story with what happened in neko white. was wondering during that arc what happened when araragi asked to meet kanbaru
Oct 27, 2020 5:40 PM

Apr 2019
So it looks like this arc will be taking place before Koyomi saved Hanekawa back in the beginning of Second Season, and I'm really excited to see this all play out since they just haven't shown us what happened. This also means that we might get to see why Episode was with Izuko when Hanekawa bumped into them. I've been waiting for this moment since that episode lol.
It's also nice to have Kanbaru in another arc, her chemistry with Koyomi is great as always.

Pretty fancy looking OP, and new visuals for the ED look nice as well.

Really excited to see how this arc plays out.
Apr 5, 2021 3:12 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode, I fucking love Kanbaru lmao, she's at her best when she's with Araragi.

Finally, we are finding out what was happening with Araragi when Tsubasa Tiger was also happening. This is also probably where Araragi will help Gaen with the case she said she needed Araragi's help with in Shinobu time. I wonder why Araragi didn't want to tell this story, of course Ougi had to drag it out of him.

The bed Kanbaru saw in the third floor was the bed Hanekawa slept on in Tsubasa Tiger. That samurai is definitely the first aberration killer and he wants his swords back, where'd he come from though, I thought he burned to death. To think Kako's arson was what saved Araragi and Kanbaru from the first aberration killer, but they were still almost cooked alive, at least Yotsugi was there to save them from the fire.

Hopefully we also see what happened in those missing 25 chapters in Tsubasa Tiger, I kinda miss Black Hanekawa. This is going to be another fantastic arc, I can tell.

Also just realized the reason why Ougi wasn't able to find Hachikuji in the beginning of Otorimonogatari, it was because Hachikuji was already gone. These timelines be confusing, but it's amazing how it all ties together.
sKyBlazer08Apr 5, 2021 3:18 AM
Jun 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2020
POV : You see a giant samurai armor with nothing inside except for a weird shadow coming out of nowhere and attempt to fight you. What do you do ?
A. Scream like crazy
B. Run away
C. Punch it then make jokes about it
D. Wonder why it doesn't have a sword
E. Just stay here waiting for it to move again
F. All of the above except for A and B

No really, I find that hilarious how so many weird things happen in the Monogatari universe, something like an empty but powerful armor becomes completely normal, except it doesn't have a sword.
Now it's pretty clear it is an oddity, but what kind of oddity is it ? The spirit of a warrior coming back to get back his sword taken away by our little vampire ? Unexpected, but interesting. What surprises me thought is that the only ghost oddity we know is Hachikuji and thanks to her, some rules have been established regarding ghosts in the Monoverse : the reason they are ghosts is because something important to them hasn't been fulfilled, and their role is to make people lose their way (unless that was something only applying to Hachikuji ?). Also, they look the way they did when they died, basically you wouldn't guess just by looking at them that something's wrong with them.
So mister Samurai thingy, you're totally not a ghost. Then what are you ?!
When I first saw that thing coming I actually thought that was the Darkness from Shinobu Time (after all this current arc will also be about Shinobu who escaped the Darkness in the past), but now it doesn't seem to be it so... I don't know.

That aside, I'm once again kinda lost with the timeline. What is sure is that this arc takes place during Nekomonogatari Shiro, but that doesn't explain if it takes place before or after Mayoi Jiangshi and Shinobu Time. I'm saying that because Hachikuji not being listed among the characters appearing in this season led me to think it takes place after Shinobu Time (which itself takes place after Mayoi Jiangshi), but then I remembered that Hachikuji appeared in the first episode of Neko Shiro. I also remembered Hachikuji said in this episode that something happened between her and Araragi which is a story that would be told afterwards, and she didn't have her backpack. Araragi gave it back to her at the end of Mayoi Jiangshi, which means Mayoi Jiangshi happened right after Hanekawa's encounter with her. What it means is that first, we haven't been told the story yet and I feel lied to (plot twist : that's actually why the Darkness took Hachikuji away), but there's also the fact that if Hachikuji doesn't appear in this arc, the most logical explanation would be that she's already been taken away. But if that's so then how many time has passed between the first episode of Neko Shiro and the school burning down ? I'm lost. Help.

And regarding timelines, there's not just that. In present times, the moment Araragi is telling the story takes place two months after Ougi's transfer, so two months after the end of Sodachi Lost, which means two months after Hanekawa left to search for Oshino. When Kaiki died in Hitagi End, Hanekawa was already back. And Ougi mentionned Kaiki's death. What it means is that the Sodachi arcs take place at most two months before the end of Hitagi End.
If you've seen what I previously wrote in the forum discussions, you're probably seeing me coming.
Where does the Nadeko/Ougi conversation takes place ? Nadeko is supposed to have gone crazy months before Hitagi End, but it doesn't make sense since her conversation with Ougi (so the starting point of everything) is supposed to take place right after Ougi left Araragi after their last discussion in Sodachi Lost (no I didn't guess that by myself because I'm too dumb to have noticed), which means two months ago.

Well, aside from the samurai, the fire and the timeline, nothing much happened but I really enjoyed Kanbaru's talk with Araragi, she is seriously adorable. However for such a proud lesbian like her, it really surprises me that Araragi is her type. I know she is kind of a perv, but still.

And even if nothing much happened, we still got some important informations. First, we learn that this story will be about how Shinobu got separated from Araragi, and actually it even sounds like she is gonna die ? I hope she won't, first because I just don't want for the little donut-lover to leave us, and also because that'd be heartbreaking for Araragi. I wonder if she is the one who wants Kanbaru's help, and I wonder what is Kanbaru supposed to do.
Speaking of Kanbaru, how did she guess it was Hanekawa who provoked the fire ? I don't remember her having interacted with her in Neko Shiro, only Senjougahara did.
Another thing is Yotsugi's arrival (don't know if that's on purpose but it reminded me of Chuunibyou), which makes me even more curious regarding the timeline since depending when it takes place, her intervention can be interpreted pretty differently. At least it's almost certain it doesn't take place after Tsukimonogatari since Ougi was in Tsuki, there's already that.

And now speaking of Ougi because she said some important things for the little amount of screentime she got (I'm not at all upset by that (jk I totally am, I also want Oikura back btw)). First, she pretty much said herself that she is the one behind Kaiki's death and she more or less explained her motivations : Kaiki is an imposter and she is against that. That's far from explaining everything but that's a good start (anyway the more I think about it the more I'm convinced Gaen has something to do with it as well so that might be an hint). What surprised me is how casually she said that to Araragi and how he didn't react at all. I know he's come to blindly trust her but that's going way too far, Araragi wake up, you've got a psychopath in your house. What's even more concerning is that Ougi threatened to do the same to him if he didn't tell her his story. I want to believe she just said that to make him talk but that's Ougi, Ougi who is against lies. There's always a part of truth in everything she says and honestly for how much I love her, I won't deny she is extremely messed up and I'm scared (not to mention she is the enemy of procrastination, I'm scared for my life now).
Aside from that she also totally confirmed being the one behind the Darkness. I mean she already did before but now she isn't even trying to talk in riddles, she just stated it. Well, not exactly but it's just as if.
And with all that Araragi doesn't seem to suspect her at all. At this point I wonder if that's due to Ougi being an extremely good manipulator or if it's just Bakaragi for you.
FafetteJun 24, 2021 11:37 AM
Sep 10, 2021 4:37 AM
Aug 2021
Definitely wasn't expecting the Apparition Killer to come back for his weapon 'Kokoro Watari'. The interactions between Araragi and Kanbaru were funny as always. So I guess this arc takes place before Neko Shiro in the second season.
May 3, 2022 7:11 AM
Nov 2021
This episode is just insane, now I want to watch more of this season of Owarimonogatari but I don't have time to do that, and also amazing ost and visuals so far.
5/5
Mar 27, 2023 11:18 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting revelation. However, it's hard to believe that the police couldn't determine that Oikura's mom had died already. They surely would've investigated that room, and no matter how much you clean that up, if a corpse rotted in that place for two years, they are bound to find traces of it.
I noticed that this show loves girls with short hair. As of this episode, only Oikura has long hair, but it's tied in pigtails.
Nov 8, 2023 5:30 PM

Nov 2023
The first kin of Kiss shot came back, thought he was dead
Mar 14, 6:27 PM
Feb 2024
I don't know how I can descript it, but it seem to be strange anime,but i even it is strange it still a very good anime, and when you watch it you don't know how you could finished the episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.