Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 28, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watching Araragi fight was fun especially with his swords skills.

For some reason, I find the scenes with Shinobu in it to be particular amusing mostly because of the funky beat music used. The word plays were fun to see as well. Nice to see Izuko this episode as well.

The info dump about the samurai warrior and stuff was interesting along with her theories of Kiss-Shot.
Stark700Nov 28, 2015 8:45 AM
Nov 28, 2015 8:54 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shinobu's still great, and lol at that swing part. I loved that OST they played for that scene (and the opening scene). Izuko's back, and most of the episode was just her talking. Still worth it though :D

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerNov 28, 2015 9:28 AM
Nov 28, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Oh god that first 2 minutes was probably the best intro to an episode yet.

Seeing Shinobu eating that thing was soo cute lol. Oh god ARARARARAGI UR SO LUCKY!!! TO GET TO SEE SHINOBU UPSKIRT!!!!! Damn Ararargi laughing to recreate that scene in earlier episodes was a good treat. I started laughing along for a while.

I love how whenever we see Gaen the sky is always in that color. There was important dialog being held at the moment. Also a lot of talks about the past. Makes me realize that having Kizu next year was the perfect place. W.e you wanna speculate about Shaft I think it was more intentional than anything. The PV for kizu served enough info for this make sense visually.

Tbh this was a very well directed episode and the art and animation looks extremely well. Probably my fav in the season because it drops so many clues and hints to whats to come and what has happened. As she said it was very vague but its obvious that it will all connect in the end of the arc. The ending scene was done beautifully as well.
Nov 28, 2015 9:21 AM

May 2012
Loved turned into rainbow colors every time we see Izuko. Now her being Oshino sister. I don't know about that.

Another great episode. Learned a lot about the past. Makes me more excited now to see Kizu base on Izuko story. But damn. To die and get reincarnated for 400 years. Must have been hell.

I just like how this is all tying back into Neko (white).

Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 28, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
Seems like a pretty rough ride to end up in a constant cycle of reincarnation for 400 or so years. I wonder if that has anything to do with the darkness that came after Hachikuji?

Other than that, not really an awful lot to say. Still waiting for this arc to get well and truly interesting as it isn't exactly grabbing me so far still.
Nov 28, 2015 9:45 AM

Nov 2014
Exposition: The Anime

My attention keeps drifting during this arc.
Nov 28, 2015 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
Being reincarnated for 400 years must suck, but anyway Suruga the self-proclaimed sex slave LOL

Nov 28, 2015 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
Izuko talking for more than half the ep and not for a single second I got bored. BASED SHAFT as usual. I just love her voice <3 The thing about her being Meme's imouto is BS right?

But damn tho, reviving over and over and over again for 400 years O_o Must have been torture. Is it only me or did that cliffhanger with her saying "That was until 15 years ago" make it seem like it's implying we've already seen the first before? I guess I'm just overthinking it tho.

Shinobu's upskirt!! LUCKY RRRGI!!! And ALL DEM DISPLEASED FACES when she was pissed at Izuko, pouting and complaining to him were soooooo damn cute <3<3

And ofc not to forget Kanbaru's I work as RRRgi-senpai no sex slave XD
Nov 28, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Izuko talking for more than half the ep and not for a single second I got bored. BASED SHAFT as usual. I just love her voice <3 The thing about her being Meme's imouto is BS right?

Yeah, probably to prevent Kanbaru from knowing about Gaen since they're related and all.

Anyway, loved the first half of the episode. Araragi's imitation laugh was golden. Second half with the exposition seemed a bit too drawn out. Still a good episode 4/5.
I need sleep.
Nov 28, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2013
Great episode, loving Owarimonogatari so far, best anime this season. I can't get enough of all the dialogues, going to rewatch this episode again.
Nov 28, 2015 10:06 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Araragi recreating Armored-Samurai's laugh was hilarious! "Hah-Hah-Haha-Hahaha-Hahahaha." LOL!

Gaen's signature, swirl of rainbow cloud strikes again. I like how she used Meme's surname so casually and even claimed to he his imouto.

A lot of exposition, but much needed to get a firm grasp of what they're dealing with. Gaen sure made it clear that she knows everything (or so it may appear), expounding the current issue at hand.

Nov 28, 2015 10:18 AM

Oct 2010
So araragi really is a portion os shinobu's first servant and the samurai/devouring void/ sleeve girl the other portion of himself that hates his portion that denied himself up to the point of becoming mostly human again, thus granting his memories to her. Moreover, explaining why "she" "hates lies and liars" as the hatred for the other part that tried to deny the portion certainly would be deep as in Utawaremono.

I guess the other apparitions except the cat "leaked" out of araragi as he was reborn as human.

And Oshino with his principles of "freedom of choice" "people can only save themselves and "everything has a price" actually played more role than expected as he knew it all along and decided to leave the choice to araragi and shinobu themselves.

Well, it also shows how deeply shinobu valued/loved her servant up to the point of possibly searching and changing him once again even after 400 years.
"Boredom is like poison."

Nov 28, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
Very awesome episode, Araragi's laugh was very funny! xD

But the end of this episode is kinda of creepy... I could think that Araragi is in reality the first, but nah, it's too weird (he's 18 y.o. a thing like this). xD
But it's not impossible that a character that we had already saw is in fact him!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 28, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2015 10:24 AM

Sep 2012
If the first minion is reincarnated fifteen years ago, then best both canditants are Karen and Ougi. Ougi being the most likely.
ange_bleuNov 28, 2015 10:39 AM
Nov 28, 2015 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
Damn it must have been dreadful to get constantly killed and revived. No man or apparition can possibly be sane after that.

Only in monogatari will I enjoy a 10 min. dialogue without getting bored at all. Loved the little references to Neko Shiro and other small things. The hype is building.
Nov 28, 2015 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
I don't care if an anime has action or not, but if it does, it would be nice if they actually showed it, rather than replacing it with text screens and ending it in two minutes.

Araragi imitating the laugh was pretty funny.

The recap in the second half was pretty damn pointless and possibly even more boring than usual, in my opinion. Like, I know this is what happened, why are you repeating it at unecessary length? Very frustrating.

All in all, probably my least favorite episode this season so far.

1/5

Nov 28, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
Wasnt a recap at all.
Nov 28, 2015 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
Eylandos said:

Whoa, that's one nice Chronological Reference you got there.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 28, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
Lots of exposition in this episode.

Araragi imitating the samurai's laugh was pretty damn hilarious lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 28, 2015 12:17 PM

Dec 2014
Gaen awesomeness is offscale, I love her when she says Kiss-shot Acerola-Orion heart-under-blade.

This whole episode was a Kreygasm, LOTS of interesting hints. 10/10
Nov 28, 2015 12:19 PM

Nov 2014
Liked Shinobu's backstory
Hi there
Nov 28, 2015 12:22 PM
Apr 2015
Finally someone mentions why Araragi attracts so many aparitions and why Shinobu chose him of all people to her 2nd. I can't wait until they actually decide to tell us.
Nov 28, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2015
wow, amazing chapter. I already suspected that the eccentricities were all linked, but they also last Shinobu, this is going to be good.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 28, 2015 12:55 PM

Oct 2013
Araragi's imitation laugh was amazing!

Nov 28, 2015 1:01 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, this had everything I hate about the Monogatari series in one episode.
Nov 28, 2015 1:03 PM

May 2013
Based Satsuki Yukino. Now I'm wondering who was the reincarnated hmm
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 28, 2015 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
devinder said:
Wow, this had everything I hate about the Monogatari series in one episode.
and its what everyone loves about monogatari as well
Nov 28, 2015 1:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Interesting. It cannot be Araragi that's the reincarnation though, can it? I mean, he's17 at this point in the story right?

I can't stand Gaen and her know it all voice. I hope Shinobu shuts her up soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 28, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
Araragi had one hell of a maniacal laugh.
Introducing yourself as a sex slave might not be starting out to well:(
---------My Profile------------
Nov 28, 2015 2:47 PM

Sep 2012
Eylandos said:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VBSAKL4.jpg[ /img]

This was helpful, I was growing confused about the timeline.

Good ep. Araragi's imitating laugh was great.
Nov 28, 2015 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
Well, tons of exposition here (which I always appreciate, especially in Monogatari). I personally loved the part where Gaen explains or at least hints to Araragi that nothing is a coincidence. I don't think Araragi is part of Shinobu's first servant because she said that he reincarnated 15 years ago while Araragi is 18 at this point.
Nov 28, 2015 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, nice revelation at the end.
Nov 28, 2015 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
That first two minutes before the opening were badass. The Monogataris don't have much fights, but this one was really cool, although short. The part when Shinobu eats the oddity was weird, though 0_0, and that scene when Araragi imitated the laugh of the oddity was funny (nothing rare, taking into account that we talk about Hiroshi Kamiya).

And then was the part with Gaen. Hering Satsuki Yukino's voicewas really greeting (specially taking into account that she doesn't receive many roles this lasts seasons), and her talk was an important infodump about why the oddity that attacked Araragi and Kanbaru in the school (Shinobu's first servant) is alive. I like her, she is funny and I like her arrogant behavior. She however, didn't want to reveal her identity to Kanbaru for now.

There was some things that she don't reveal in the episode but she implies (like why Kii-Shot were to Araragi's city) but I think that this plot point would be resolved. Kanbaru as always was funny XD. Too bad that the infodump ended in a cliffhanger.

Only three episodes until the series ends. Fortunately, we had Kizu next year.

btw, I love the soundtrack of the series. Is amazing.
Nov 28, 2015 3:52 PM

Aug 2015
Loved Araragi's laugh, was hilarious. Was also nice seeing Araragi fight for once with the sword. Shinobu <3

A pretty good info dump. Gaen's story telling is pretty damn good, can't wait to see the rest of it next episode.
Nov 28, 2015 4:01 PM

Feb 2015
Like everyone else I really liked the first 2 minutes before the opening (which I also love). I already know how the events relate each other (mostly because of reading a little in the novels and the most part by information on the internet, now i regret i do that research) but i can't help but feel excited when Gaen talks about it in this episode, so far i'm loving this arc.

pd: sorry for my english if i made mistakes :).
Nov 28, 2015 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
Damn Gaen has the most swag fashion sense ever
Nov 28, 2015 4:45 PM

Apr 2015
Another dialogue heavy episode. If I don't really like this series I'd probably fall asleep watching this episode. Kudos to those who don't enjoy Monogatari series but still watching it anyway.
Anyway, we got to learn a bit about Shinobu's past. Now I really can't wait for Kizu.
'The fact that I know everything doesn't mean that everything will go my way.' Wow Gaen I like your quote.
I laughed at that end card. Ougi is creepy af.
Nov 28, 2015 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
After seeing this episode, I now have a tiny bit more understanding about what going on, despite not having seen any of the previous series.
Nov 28, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
stephen5000 said:
After seeing this episode, I now have a tiny bit more understanding about what going on, despite not having seen any of the previous series.
thats the dumbest thing to do
Nov 28, 2015 5:53 PM

Jan 2014
One episode to Rule them all,One episode to find them,
One episode to bring everything together and in the darkness bind them...

This episode had :
-The brilliant storytelling of Onimonogatari
-Killer Soundtrack
-Kokoro-Watari action
-Shinobu eating snacks
-
-Choronological info dump by Gaen frickin Izuko about whole series

Everything finally starting to make sense and we are close to finding "the plot" in Monogatari after all those episodes...I hereby call this episode the best Monogatari episode so far and it is still just the beginning...
Nov 28, 2015 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
Wait wait wait wait wait..... so Araragi is the reincarnation of the first servant of Shinobu?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 28, 2015 7:49 PM
Sep 2014
Is Ougi Oshino the first????????
Nov 28, 2015 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
Nice. I have always wonder how is it possible that Araragi keep encountering all those supernatural stuff happening around him from crab, snail, monkey, snake and phoenix. At first, I always thought it because of plot convenience like in Detective Conan where Conan keep coincidentally encounter murder everywhere. But it looks Monogatari will give us explanation on it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 28, 2015 9:55 PM

Dec 2014
Gawd, Kanbaru is really shaking my loyalty to Hanekawa... :(

No! I will not falter!!! XD

Hanekawa Tsubasa 4ever!!!
:D
Nov 28, 2015 10:14 PM

Mar 2015
bunny1ov3r said:
Wait wait wait wait wait..... so Araragi is the reincarnation of the first servant of Shinobu?

Yeah WTF is going on here?
KotobakayaroNov 28, 2015 10:18 PM

Nov 28, 2015 10:24 PM

Jul 2013
GuidedCursor said:
bunny1ov3r said:

Yeah WTF is going on here?

I don't understand why everyone is assuming Araragi is the reincarnation of the first servant. I don't recall Gaen saying anything about reincarnating, only reviving. And Araragi is way older than 15.
Nov 28, 2015 11:13 PM

May 2010
Karen is 15. Hmm... :)

Nope, I guess she's talking about Ougi.
Nov 29, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2014
OneMore said:
Karen is 15. Hmm... :)

Nope, I guess she's talking about Ougi.
Ougi had a voice and she was far more agile than that armor guy ever was when he first appeared...

Araragi is not 15...

It is not Araragi or Ougi....
Nov 29, 2015 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
On the other hand, what is shown at the end of the episode is a human baby ... and the "armor" does not really look like a human.

There may be a link between this "baby born 15 years ago" and that "armor" of type it is the manifestation of his past hatred. With the principle of Oddity, like the tiger with Tsubasa, the person and the power / Oddity may occur independently as two independent entities... while they are one in reality.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

171 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.