Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, those two girls are hilarious, like they are kinda in sync when conversing with the guys.

The outfits were kinda weird imo and the music style had a more eerie vibe for the performance. Wasn't entirely what I was expecting...

Nov 9, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2007
Fun arrangement, huh. The leader, the main guy, forgot to apply for outfits and got dirty leftovers. It's bad enough that they need roommate's twin sisters' help. They made the guys weak around them.

Bad luck nonstop, and they try to make themselves better. Fortunately the outfit is done on time. lol @ "Anti-Pressure tea". Not only the instructor made the arrangement, he also made it live! They are safe. 8th out of 10th though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDQvzJ9ilc Oh, so they are brothers?! Suwabe-san's character ran away and left the inheritance to Hirakawa-san's character.

Celebration, no, it's punishment from the main guy. lol~

Bath time next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 9, 2015 9:20 AM

Apr 2015
Nayuki's sisters are an interesting addition. Decent episode. Didn't expect that the horoscope would pull through at the end of the performance.
Nov 9, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode! The addition of Nayuki's sisters made a refreshing change. And wow @ the seiyuus voicing them. This show really spares no budget in the seiyuu department.

So cute seeing Tsukigami laugh at Tengenji's lame pun. I think that team Otori joke didn't quite come through in the translation though.

Unexpected about Hiiragi and Otori. Next week looks fun!
Nov 9, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2014
Those girls are kind of creeapy
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 9, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2009
Those fanboys of Team Otori wtf xD This Episode was much better than the previous one :3

Nov 9, 2015 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
Nayuki's sisters improved the boys' costumes.

Team Otori had passed the performance!
Nov 9, 2015 10:53 AM
Feb 2013
their debut stage performance gave me the goosebumps! :3
Nov 9, 2015 12:50 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was great. Of course Hoshitani screwed up but even Nayuki was hard on him. The sisters were annoying at first, the other group is still very much annoying. Otori could maybe be an okay character.
Nov 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
I loved Team Ootori's performance! Great quality animation for the dancing too, I'm so glad it never looked unbearably derpy. The tension between Ootori and Hiiragi at the end was nice--what a bomb they dropped on us too lol, it literally came out of nowhere. (They're brothers, huh? So why is it that I ship them even more than I did before now.)
Nov 9, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2012
I was wondering if female cast were ever going to be introduced, so that was nice. Not Gou-tier though but at least they're cute. And genius tailors, that'll come handy.

The final brotherhood twist though, really unnecessary.

komasan said:
So cute seeing Tsukigami laugh at Tengenji's lame pun. I think that team Otori joke didn't quite come through in the translation though.
I'm not sure I get it either:
しかし最後は最後で鳳だからな、チーム鳳だけに。
So like "arriving last while being last is expected from us"? Or is it because the phoenix is long-lived so it'll be last or something?
EratiKNov 9, 2015 1:21 PM
Nov 9, 2015 1:24 PM

Oct 2015
Tengenji blushing at his own pun was too cute and I had to laugh when I saw Tsukigami laughing. Really funny :D
Didnt get the pun though.

I liked the performance. The music was excellent and the dancing/animation was nicely done.
EratiK said:

I agree. It was unnecessary and came out of nowhere.
Nov 9, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
Starmyu is improving. Team Otori's performance was really great. Looking forward to this series' progress.
Nov 9, 2015 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't think those two would be brothers, good episode.
Nov 9, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2011
Tengenji-kun, if the twins have bad personalities, then what about yours? Geez. :L

They're brothers!?
Nov 9, 2015 5:43 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Decent performance and a pair of assertive cute twins. Yeah, one of the better episodes of the show thus far.

Can't say I'm too surprised about the "twist" at the end. The delivery of the revelation was kinda weak. Eh, whatever..

Nov 9, 2015 5:56 PM

Aug 2007
Those twins were like a less explosive version of Mairu and Kururi...then again, Nayuki is no Izaya.

I actually liked the performance, the outfits were actually cool and much better than the original ones (not too sure about the green scarf).

That twist at the end, though, makes me wish for a prequel series about Tsukigami's big brother Star Team.

Cute detail when they were all drinking after the performance and each had their own different kind of drink.
Nov 9, 2015 7:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sonnetica said:
Didn't expect that the horoscope would pull through at the end of the performance.

I knew it would! I thought it would be too random to incorporate that part in the script unless it had meaning, which in this case, was sort of a foreshadowing. I had a feeling it meant that Hoshitani would trip or something, and someone would have to catch his hand. Although the result was better than I expected, he tripped but two people helped him up ^^

This was a pretty good episode, I'm starting to like this now. I'm also quite surprised about Ootori and Hiiragi to be siblings (but who wouldn't have found it surprising, given the different last names).

For some reason, this is the first episode that I've really paid attention to the bgm, and I thought, wow, so many pieces sound like typical (in a good way) Arai Ken stuff. I didn't know he was doing the music for this show~
Nov 9, 2015 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
EratiK said:

komasan said:
I'm not sure I get it either:
しかし最後は最後で鳳だからな、チーム鳳だけに。
So like "arriving last while being last is expected from us"? Or is it because the phoenix is long-lived so it'll be last or something?

It's a pun, because 大トリ (last performer of the day) is also read "ootori". So he was joking like "we're team ootori, so right up til the end we're the ootori". :)

Shiroharu said:
EratiK said:

I agree. It was unnecessary and came out of nowhere.

While it was surprising, it wasn't actually out of nowhere after I thought back. There were really slight hints, in the first episode when Otori said his grandfather put him in the Kao-kai, and Hiragi referred to the same guy as the chairman. Then Hiragi mentioned a couple of times where that he had a duty to protect the Hiragi name.

Btw, I looked up their profiles on the official site and they share the same birthday... they may be twins.
Nov 9, 2015 11:10 PM

May 2014
Loved how they performed
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 9, 2015 11:19 PM

Nov 2012
the sisters were pretty cool haha.
everything in this episode was meh i guess.
Nov 10, 2015 1:36 AM

Oct 2011
SO GOOOOOOOOODDDD T_________T
Nov 10, 2015 1:49 AM

Apr 2012
komasan said:
It's a pun, because 大トリ (last performer of the day) is also read "ootori". So he was joking like "we're team ootori, so right up til the end we're the ootori". :)
That wasn't in my dictionary :/ , thanks. It's funnier than expected. ^^

About the brother thing, they could be half brothers. But yeah, being in the same schoolyear, twins are more likely (and that would make their father less of a player). I guess the twist could still be interesting, but yeah it felt out of nowhere because as rivals Hiiragi and Ootori's relationship was fine as it is, and there's already enough family drama with Tsukigami.
EratiKNov 10, 2015 2:03 AM
Nov 10, 2015 2:49 AM

Jul 2013
The performance was better than expected! Seriously they are all just so adorable :3

But what? Brothers? Why? I wanted to ship them T__T

I am looking forward to the next episode and the interactions with other teams.
"The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes."

Nov 10, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
lol so many siblings XD this is the 3rd pair of them XD

The dance was cool, I knew hoshitani would mess up :(
Nov 10, 2015 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
OMG. That was totally awesome. BEST EPISODE.
Those twins were fun.
I had the most "OMFGASJD0ASJDASD" moment when they started performing. They all looked so hot cute in their costumes. Those costumes were really the best, suited them so well.

Wait, that ending... THEY'RE BROTHERS?!?!?!
Nov 10, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, their performance was really good. Didn't expect it to be this good. :o
Best episode until now for me.
Nov 10, 2015 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
I was excited to see them perform. I hope they are able to blow all of the other teams out of the water by the end.

Their stage outfits were really cool looking. The sisters did a good job.
Nov 10, 2015 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
eeee like the suits are ok, is nice for them to be differents
Nov 11, 2015 1:26 AM
Apr 2015
I liked it wish there was a song before they went on stage but since all the other teams were pretty much copy paste with less fluid movements or worse voices than Team Megane-Kuns (< joke) I see why they didn't
Nov 11, 2015 10:52 AM
May 2007
My heart kept pounding too much at their debut performance much more if I don't count Otori's screentime ♥
Kao Council is Team Tsukigami? Otori and Hiragi are brothers? My brain can't handle.

komasan said:
Btw, I looked up their profiles on the official site and they share the same birthday... they may be twins.

They have different blood types, non-identical twins? They somehow look alike.
Nov 11, 2015 2:19 PM

Mar 2013
I liked the twins, so sassy!
Also loved the new clothes, blushing tengeji, and their debut performance. Damn guyyys. That revelation at the end though.
Nov 14, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2012
I love how if you really look at Team Otori's performance, you can see mistakes and why they got 8th.

- during Kuga's solo, Tsukigami's wrist is bent further back than Tengenji's and Hoshitani's

- at the start of Hostitani's solo, Kuga is facing the side instead of forward like everyone else

all the mistakes at the line "seishun":
- Tsukigami crossed his right arm instead of his left
- Tengenji being a step too far to the left (which leads to Hoshitani tripping)
- everyone is bending down and pointing differently (especially Nayuki)

- (the most obvious) Hoshitani's fall

-Tengenji isn't facing forward for the last pose (although this might be an animation mistake because in the live video feed, he is facing forward)
"I don't need something like a special seat...... I'm not the audience, I want to be on the stage." - Tsukigami Kaito from ‘Starmyu’

“We actors want an audience to watch our best performances, right? Is it different for you guys?” - Otori Itsuki from ‘Starmyu’

"Always tempt your faith with luck and a smile" - Y. Chang

"Those who fly in rage will always have a bad landing."
Nov 15, 2015 4:26 AM

Jan 2014
Them twins were funny and cute ^^

Team Otori ftw! :D ~~~

And cool, those two are brothers, awww ~~ d(^-^)b
Nov 15, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2008
I was certain that Nayuki would sew the costumes x) He's the mom of the group after all.
Nov 15, 2015 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
menuetto said:

i did find it kinda strange tho that none of them seemed to be wearing mics or anything even though they were all singing during the performance :? i doubt they prerecorded their singing to have it played in the background while they dance but then again i wouldn't know ¯_( ᐛ )_/¯

Animators are lazy :P
Nov 17, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
Super intense episode. I was really happy when they made the top 10!

The music pun with the "sharp" and "natural" lmfao I died

The plot twist! Yo! I'm so excited to see the story unfold.

Loved the Nayuki sisters xD They were adorable!

kissalice7107 said:
I love how if you really look at Team Otori's performance, you can see mistakes and why they got 8th.

- during Kuga's solo, Tsukigami's wrist is bent further back than Tengenji's and Hoshitani's

- at the start of Hostitani's solo, Kuga is facing the side instead of forward like everyone else

all the mistakes at the line "seishun":
- Tsukigami crossed his right arm instead of his left
- Tengenji being a step too far to the left (which leads to Hoshitani tripping)
- everyone is bending down and pointing differently (especially Nayuki)

- (the most obvious) Hoshitani's fall

-Tengenji isn't facing forward for the last pose (although this might be an animation mistake because in the live video feed, he is facing forward)
Yeah, damn I'm really impressed by the animators who actually focused on it.
Nov 20, 2015 1:34 AM

Sep 2014
I gasped a bit when they revealed that they were brothers! I like the effects they used when they done it, and the ed song matched it.

Can we give some applause to Ootori for that smart move by live streaming their performance!!!! Very good move to show the judges that people loved it.
Nov 21, 2015 11:10 AM

Oct 2009
Animators did a very good job this episode. The group made a bunch of mistakes lmao. I still don't see any chemistry in the group tho
Nov 27, 2015 9:13 AM
Sep 2015
- I'm glad they introduced the Nayuki sisters, because the female cast will help balance out this show. The twins were hilarious, they had me in stitches throughout the part when they owned Tengenji. The girls put Genji in his place haha!!! XD - They gave him a taste of his own medicine, so much sass! I love them already :D

- Did anyone else notice Tengenji's mini "cat walk" during the group performance? - I literally screamed because this was a doki doki moment for me!! :D (it also reminded me of Sung Yeol's cat walk lol). The group performance was good.

- We found out that Tsukigami's older brother was the tutor of both Ootori and Hiiragi :O wow!!

-The ending had me at a loss for words. I totally did not expect them to be brothers. I have no idea why I was expecting a little shounen ai between the two.

- Overall, it was a great episode and I'm glad they made it 8th place. It was well deserved.
YuckydiyuckNov 27, 2015 9:56 AM
Dec 5, 2015 10:10 PM

May 2010
The twins are niiice! Loved this episode.
Dec 15, 2015 2:25 AM

Sep 2013
Enjoyable episode. I really like the song :>

Also, that twist yooooo. And possibility of being twins? Yooooo
Dec 17, 2015 12:18 PM

Dec 2012
The twins were a hoot, those costumes were awesome. The standard Ayanagi uniforms were boring, loved the flare and personalized styles each one had. I like how they barely made it, it goes to show that they still have to make big improvements (mostly Hoshitani) and that their stardust rebellion didn't completely steal the show yet.
Feb 10, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2013
Oh wow. The Nayuki Twins suddenly appeared, they were really interesting tho and they managed to make the costumes look great as new! I feel bad for Nayuki (Tooru) when the twins made him drank the tea. lol. They managed to be in Top Ten, yes!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 15, 2022 8:13 AM

Feb 2020
Really nice performance. Good job, Team Otori!

Nayuki's sisters were hilarious. They are both very cute. :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2015

50 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Best Boy

Heiize - Oct 31, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 19, 2022 5:56 PM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 14, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:06 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 7, 2015

31 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.