Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, this episode was kinda awesome. We got mafia fighting, super powers, and giant robots. The story still feels all over the place but somehow, I'm finding this kinda entertaining:

And oh yeah, bands. No, I was not expanding a band display in this series until now or music as a theme.
Nov 8, 2015 7:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Bands and mafia and business... of course. Pretty fun episode though. Might be my favorite one from this series so far (even if it makes no sense).

4/5
Nov 8, 2015 7:33 AM

Apr 2015
Very different of the other episodes, I love it!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 8, 2015 7:46 AM
Sep 2012
I enjoyed this ep. more than most of the other episodes so far. I certainly don't think that the show is bad, I just think it's some dumb fun, like a much better but still average version of Kekkai Sensen. This is the only anime from this season that isn't awful, in my opinion.

Good episode.
Nov 8, 2015 7:50 AM

Aug 2008
The worst episode for me so far. Whatever humour they were trying to slip in was plain bad. Band members were getting on my nerves, especially that mushroom Easter Island face guy. I just couldn't feel anything about the plot of this episode. Characters were bland, their "drama" was weak and uninteresting and even the superhuman subplot felt kind of pointless in all of this.

Maybe it feels worse than it would otherwise because the last, let's call it arc, had two episodes for the development and this seemed like some pointless filler in comparison.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 8, 2015 7:57 AM

Jul 2010
This episode did a fine job portraying how many people dreams to save the day in a way, yet the reality that sets in for the small band.

From their powers be just plain silly against the mafia, it was definitely different when they destroyed the chocolate as they were able to use their powers in a much more meaningful way.

This sort of indirect development, this was actually quite the good episode.

Even the second rate has their moment in the spotlight, the three at the end never gave up anything they deemed important.
Nov 8, 2015 8:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Good episode, felt a bit more weak than the others though.

Maybe because it only portrayed new characters.
Nov 8, 2015 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
"Laughter is the key to longevity."

Different than the other episodes, felt sort of like a filler.
Nov 8, 2015 8:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Didnt like this episode as much as the previous ones but it was good for the most part and was pretty refreshing

Really liked the theme of the episode too and I like how the band stuck to their resolve even in the end
Nov 8, 2015 8:46 AM

Dec 2014
Really interesting premise, but if this remains as a single episode, it'd just be filler. As you can tell with Comet Lucifer also this season, filler in a original anime is usually never good. However, unlike Comet this seems to be getting a 2nd cour (or so I heard) so they MAYBE could get back to this. I'd personally want to see that all-female band explained. What makes them different enough to warrant being officially recognized?

As for my feelings on this first half, it kind of disappoints me. Episodes 4 and 5 were pretty good but the rest were kind of meh. This episode had great action but not much else. The jokes weren't that funny in my eyes. Ironically like Comet this is getting a 6 for now. But I feel like this is going to be the show that will get better later on, considering Bones has a much better track record than 8bit. (Captain Earth and Soul Eater Not were things tho)
Burger-MeisterNov 8, 2015 8:51 AM
Nov 8, 2015 9:00 AM

Nov 2012
Well, that was interesting.....
Nov 8, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2014
They really didn't care when their fellow band member Dee died, huh?
Nov 8, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
I really don't know how to feel about this episode, kinda boring i guess, but i still love this show and have high hopes for it.
Nov 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Sep 2013
Amazing how people find this pointless while they praise the shtty cowboy bebop episodes that were even more pointless XD

Jirou confirmed to be gathering superhumans to fight the superhuman bureau :O

Don was awesome :O 2nd rate is still good :'(
And the Dee guy looked like Jesus, seriously? :( he even died to save them :'( R.I.P.

YW said:

What were they supposed to do? cry for the whole ep?
Nov 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2007
Another great episode.

We finally get confirmation for Future Jiro's goal(collecting superhuman force to fight hte Bureau) and we get a nice story about normal average guys getting to live the "dream of having superpowers" and seeing that reality is nothing like comic books.

YW said:

THey reacted like real people. They were shocked and then too busy to save their lives. And then they actually asked reparations for death of their friend.
AhenshihaelNov 8, 2015 11:21 AM
Nov 8, 2015 11:43 AM
Mar 2015
Love&Peace.This ep is about Hippie movement in Japan.

In 1966(Shinka era 41),the Beatles performed a concert in Japan.
Nov 8, 2015 11:45 AM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:

Whoa, this episode was kinda awesome.

^
Agree
And is it only me or everyone realize that this show is getting cooller that before?
Nov 8, 2015 11:49 AM

Oct 2015
Nice episode, almost soft in comparation previews, perfect to relax a little.
Very funny, although the timeskipping still brothering me.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 8, 2015 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
So Jiro has confirmed that hes collecting superhumans, planning to take down the Bureau. I think 1) the ending, and 2) when they show Jiro's tipping point are going to be great episodes.
Nov 8, 2015 12:36 PM

May 2015
Decent episode, enjoyed the action scene. Liked how they portrayed the band members.

Nov 8, 2015 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
We got a band in this episode!

It is too bad that Dee died!
Nov 8, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Another complete cluster! It was fun to watch, but if you want to keep up with the... uh... storyline, good luck.

Nov 8, 2015 1:08 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It's really sad to see it at a rating of 6.55.
It's not the best thing ever but compared to other show this season, it deserves way more than this.
Normally 6.55 is still fine and all but for MAL standard, that rating is pretty fuckin shit.
DatRandomDudeNov 8, 2015 1:13 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 8, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
We now know that Jirou left the bureau no later than the 44h bureau. Other than that I don't think this episode contributed much to the overall story considering these characters don't seem to be recurring ones. Still a decent episode.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Jul 2007
DatRandomDude said:
It's really sad to see it at a rating of 6.55.
It's not the best thing ever but compared to other show this season, it deserves way more than this.
Normally 6.55 is still fine and all but for MAL standard, that rating is pretty fuckin shit.

Apparently actually paying attention and putting things together by oneself is beyond the capabilities of current generation of anime watchers.

N1ghtStr1k3 said:
Another complete cluster! It was fun to watch, but if you want to keep up with the... uh... storyline, good luck.

Thats not hard.
It only takes ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION.
Nov 8, 2015 3:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
geralt said:
We now know that Jirou left the bureau no later than the 44h bureau. Other than that I don't think this episode contributed much to the overall story considering these characters don't seem to be recurring ones. Still a decent episode.

While this episode did not move the plot forward or anything, I think it works well with the story so far in that it was showing more sides of the superhumans. All the other superhumans we've seen were making some sort of impact as heroes, but these people who randomly got powers ended up staying normal people, using their powers for comedy, to make people laugh. We also learned that people don't talk about superhumans in the open like they used to, there's censorship. Most importantly, we found out (or confirmed) that Jirou is trying to gather superhumans to defeat the Bureau. It's not my favorite episode so far, but it's still a pretty good one.
Nov 8, 2015 4:21 PM

Jul 2013
The best part of this episode was how their friend and bandmate just FUCKING DIED and absolutely NOBODY gives a shit. They spend more time using him as collateral for blackmail money then even mentioning that the guy just kicked it
"Where's Dee?"
"lol he's ded"
Nov 8, 2015 5:09 PM

Feb 2013
Well the theme of seemingly righteous acts being undermined by suspicious ulterior motives once again rears its head here in the form superhuman suppressant candies. There a few things I found rather strange about this ep. One being how Don was easily willing to sell his principles just to stay afloat, yet decides to go against his bosses when they offer him a huge deal to shut the mouths of him and his bandmates. Maybe the burden of guilt from achieving success like that would be too much? I guess that's probably it. Also they didn't too disturbed when one of their bandmates sacrificed his life to help them. Not really liking how all the "corrupt" people in this series are being portrayed as shallow boogeymen though. The only reason Don figured out the truth is because he happened to listen in on his bosses explaining their evil plot to each other (says a lot about the exposition issues this show has too on occasion).

Jiro is also now confirmed to be compiling his own anti-superhuman bureau gang now. We'll see where that goes later I guess. Nice to see he isn't a complete edgelord now that he's defected against his former gang. Just goes to show that it really is more of an ideological issue he has with the bureau then a personal one. He's no Sasuke Uchiha at least.
gedataNov 8, 2015 5:19 PM
Nov 8, 2015 5:29 PM

Apr 2015
This episode felt kinda pointless
Nov 8, 2015 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
Goofy episode, kind of fun but yeah it ultimately is just filler

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 8, 2015 6:26 PM

Jul 2015
Nice episode, though it did seem somewhat like a filler, and not enough Kikko :~(
Nov 8, 2015 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
R.I.P. metal statue guy
Nov 9, 2015 3:22 AM

Oct 2014
That felt weaker than previous episodes. But hey we got to know that the time Jiro is going to leave the Bureau is near. If Year 42 is considered as the "present", then it's going to need at most 2 years for Jiro to leave the Bureau. We're getting closer to the truth.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Nov 9, 2015 3:23 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Goofy episode, kind of fun but yeah it ultimately is just filler

wtf, how can an anime original have ANY FILLER EPS?
this shit has gone too far srsly
Nov 9, 2015 5:04 AM
Nov 2015
Not a really great episode. Less action, well pretty decent so far. Shouldn't this count as a filler?
Nov 9, 2015 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
"HAHAHA, our friend just died. Let's ignore this and continue as if nothing happened."

So by now this show is not only G Reco tier incomprehensible, but also features some disgustingly resolved subplots. Great...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 9, 2015 6:24 AM

Sep 2014
This was a meh as hell episode. :/
Nov 9, 2015 7:16 AM

May 2009
madmotor said:
Love&Peace.This ep is about Hippie movement in Japan.

In 1966(Shinka era 41),the Beatles performed a concert in Japan.

Yep, The Quartet is the Beatles. Funny thing about that time:
"The polite and restrained Japanese audiences shocked the band, because the absence of screaming fans allowed them to hear how poor their live performances had become"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Pepper%27s_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band
Nov 9, 2015 3:34 PM

Jan 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
"HAHAHA, our friend just died. Let's ignore this and continue as if nothing happened."

So by now this show is not only G Reco tier incomprehensible, but also features some disgustingly resolved subplots. Great...

^This. And wow, they all got over Lennon's Dee's death super-fast. I guess they aren't superhumans for nothing.
Estoy_GordoNov 9, 2015 3:38 PM
Nov 9, 2015 3:39 PM

Nov 2014
This episode was really fun, if this isn't a reference to the beatles i dunno what is
Nov 9, 2015 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
They just should rename the title to References: The Anime. References are basically fuel and source of this anime, but the aspect of plots eaten up by references for the sake of references is getting more apparent. It's still enjoyable anyway.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 11, 2015 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
lol he gave the robbers a massage and wait he really died?! they're not even sad what the hell?
Nov 11, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
I really enjoyed this episode! I thought concrete revolutio's first few eps were sort of confusingly put together and paced too fast but now things are starting to come together and its getting better and better! Although it seems like saying that puts me in the minority. I agree it was really weird how they just made a joke and left after Dee died tho, what the heck

Even if you want to consider this a "pointless filler", we're still getting some information about the ad agency lady's intentions, past events (i'll be surprised if we dont see more superhumans who got their powers from the year 41 concert), and the general public feeling towards superhumans I guess. but ok it was filler.

anyway I've borrowed someone's timeline from an earlier thread and updated it. Do let me know if I messed up anywhere!

TIMELINE SO FAR:

Year 14, Oct - jiro's foster father is sent to an island in the indian ocean on imperial orders, encounters gagon
Year 17, Aug - US army sends superhumans to fight gagon

Year 29, Nov - tokyo burns. (as a result of jiro's powers?)

Year 34, Jan - tokyo attacked by giganto gon, saved by Rainbow Knight

Year 41, Jan - Grosse Augen appears for the first time in fukushima
Year 41, Jun - concert at nippon budoukan awakens superhuman powers in large numbers of young people
Year 41, Jul - Mahou Shoujo Kikko joins Bureau // Grosse Augen leaves earth. kaiju appearances on the rise
Year 41, Aug - Ghost Fuurouta joins Bureau
Year 41, Nov - nihon kaiju denpa incident

Year 42, Feb - Detective Shiba meets Meiko
Year 42, Apr - "master ultima back from mars", US planning on using kaiju for military purposes. nihon kaiju denpa incident seemingly resolved when Jiro destroys the factory.
Year 42, Jul - master ultima's space beasts have been reproduced for military. beast dies at US base in okinawa, carcass stolen
Year 42, Aug - megagon is created from stolen carcass, and rampages and kills humans during student rally. end of "beast craze".
Year 42, Oct - fuurouta goes undercover as an assistant at sugimoto productions.
Year 42, Nov - onaga confectionery/SugiPro/imperial ad agency plan to sell chocolate laced with superhuman-factor suppressing drug Nainorin is foiled by Mountain Horse.

Year ??, ??? - Jiro leaves Bureau.

Year 44, Oct - fuurouta meets fugitive Jiro, who has come to see Mountain Horse. Jiro confirmed to be gathering superhumans to his cause
Year 46, Apr - Kikko confronts fugitive Jiro
Year 47, Feb - Former Detective Shiba stopped by Jiro
Year 48, Aug - Fuurouta attacked by Campe and saved by Jiro
Nov 11, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2011
Jiro tried to recruit them
Nov 11, 2015 8:08 PM

Jun 2010
tingy said:
geralt said:

While this episode did not move the plot forward or anything, I think it works well with the story so far in that it was showing more sides of the superhumans. All the other superhumans we've seen were making some sort of impact as heroes, but these people who randomly got powers ended up staying normal people, using their powers for comedy, to make people laugh. We also learned that people don't talk about superhumans in the open like they used to, there's censorship. Most importantly, we found out (or confirmed) that Jirou is trying to gather superhumans to defeat the Bureau. It's not my favorite episode so far, but it's still a pretty good one.

I agree. It may look like a filler for some but as explained above, if well executed, a "filler" episode can contribute to a richer narrative. (And personally I find this show's storyline pretty interesting so far)

I'm enjoying this show a little bit more with each new episode.
Nov 12, 2015 10:16 AM

May 2013
I'm in love with this show.Jirou reminds me of someone popular but I cant recall whom.Also his hairstyle is awesome
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Nov 12, 2015 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
coronene said:

Year 48, Aug - Fuurouta attacked by Campe and saved by Jiro
[/quote]
You should add when they first met and the tartaros bugs extinction (I don't remember the dates :(
Nov 12, 2015 12:51 PM

Mar 2014
DPXJube said:
The best part of this episode was how their friend and bandmate just FUCKING DIED and absolutely NOBODY gives a shit. They spend more time using him as collateral for blackmail money then even mentioning that the guy just kicked it
"Where's Dee?"
"lol he's ded"

The episode was fine until that happened, ruined the entire episode for me
Nov 13, 2015 3:01 AM

Jun 2013
I want that guy to electrocute me so that I can get rid of my joint and back pains too.
臭い-
Nov 14, 2015 1:35 AM

Jun 2015
Really nice story this episode.
Not everyone who has the ability to do something, should do just that.
At least the comic band is still making a living, and im happy for them.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

71 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 10:04 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

106 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

104 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jul 18, 2022 6:16 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2015

39 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.