Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2015
I used to think it's a tie between AOT, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO, and genre specific haters.

But after the numerous, recent troll threads made by an HxH hater trying to tarnish the image of the HxH fanbase, I think they may take the cake. No other MAL haters seem to be willing to take it to so far a degree to litter the board with posts for the sole purpose of ridiculing HxH fan(s).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2015 1:08 PM

Sep 2013
Wait but this is alread-

> haterbase

Oh.

SAO %100.
Aug 21, 2015 1:09 PM

Jan 2011
i guess Naruto an SAO
Aug 21, 2015 1:09 PM

Mar 2015
laidellent said:
You finally came online I see

What, did I miss something?
Aug 21, 2015 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
Gintama definitely.
cool
Aug 21, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2015
silversaint said:
i guess Naruto an SAO

I agree with Naruto having some pretty obnoxious haters. All they seem to know how to say is "Narutards" and "filler".
Aug 21, 2015 1:11 PM

Nov 2011
Legend of the Galactic heroes.
Aug 21, 2015 1:13 PM

Sep 2013
AttackOnTetris said:
laidellent said:
You finally came online I see

What, did I miss something?

yeah

I'm your alt, apparently because I said Jojo fans suck:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1419671&show=100#msg41710133
Aug 21, 2015 1:13 PM

Mar 2015
Utsu musume sayuri and nami. for directly haterbase

for quality haters is LOGH,then followed by gintama.

for quantity haters, of course big 3, then AOT, then SAO.
KumaAug 21, 2015 1:17 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 21, 2015 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
Naruto
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Clannad
Sword Art Online (though I dislike it myself)
Aug 21, 2015 1:17 PM

Feb 2015
I wonder if Tyrel laughs today.
Aug 21, 2015 1:17 PM

Mar 2015
andpark said:
yeah

Aug 21, 2015 1:20 PM

Jun 2014
This is the first day since I joined this site, that I feel like I shouldn't have done so.
Aug 21, 2015 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
Fate-Not even once have I heard any good reasons to hate UBW or zero honestly, but one would always hear people talking about how bad fate was.

AOT- Yes it's not the best thing ever, and yes people use to hype it but then again, quality-wise what did it even lack in order to get bashed like that?

Code geass- do I even....

Aug 21, 2015 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
Agafin said:
This is the first day since I joined this site, that I feel like I shouldn't have done so.
If this is the first time you got that feeling you're doing well.
Aug 21, 2015 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
SuperRed said:
Naruto
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Clannad
Sword Art Online (though I dislike it myself)

+LOGH
+NGE
+Fate
Aug 21, 2015 1:22 PM

Nov 2011
ShiroKiro said:
Fate-Not even once have I heard any good reasons to hate UBW or zero honestly, but one would always hear people talking about how bad fate was.

AOT- Yes it's not the best thing ever, and yes people use to hype it but then again, quality-wise what did it even lack in order to get bashed like that?

Code geass- do I even....

Code Geass actually seems like it doesn't get enough hate tbh.
Aug 21, 2015 1:23 PM

Nov 2010
SAO, One Piece, Naruto

Jun 2014
AttackOnTetris said:
andpark said:
yeah

The HxH hater you described in your OP is andpark

Mar 2015
+ for HxH

Most eva 'haters' are also very toxic: trash talking the characters, using funny memes, using buzzwords, acting like their opinions are the one and only truth, calling every fan pretentious, strawmans and all that without showing any kind of understanding of what this anime is about or what it wants to tell but still thinking they know their shit. Really whenever a NGE threads pops up you can be sure that people will start to shitpost.
Also everyone who calls Shinji a 'pussy' is Guts himself.
I'm okay with people having a different opinion and not liking what I like but some of the shit I have seen on here is pathetic. Most of it has died down a bit since FanEu got banned or left Ad with his 3rd alt though. He made threads and posts similar to the one of Mikasa's alt/imposter to bash Shinji.

But every popular anime with a 'vocal' fanbase will have it's fair amount of haters.

Some other examples that come to mind

-SSY
-Logh
-Gintama
-Big 3
-SAo
-Tm

I know that sometimes I might come across as a Code Geass or Shigatsu hater but if people ask me to elaborate why I don't like it then I always try my best to explain.
_HeroKenzan_Aug 21, 2015 1:36 PM
Aug 21, 2015 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Evangelion haters for sure. A lot of people say Eva fans are pretentious, childish and bitchy but frankly from my experience its the other way round. Don't get me wrong, people can like and dislike whatever they please but that doesn't mean they need to be a complete cunt toward the fans and baselessly accuse them of pretentiousness or pompousness.
Take care of yourself

Aug 21, 2015 1:39 PM
Feb 2013
SAO

A decent at best anime that had too much hype and too much hate
Aug 21, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
Forgetfulness said:
Personally I think a lot of the criticism I've read about UBW is ignorant and incredibly nitpicky about the fact that the show is "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works" and not "Fate/One: The True Sequel to F/Z". Or on the other hand, there are also the super purists that think every little change was terrible and it was absolute trash compared to the source material.

But that's just me.

It's not just you.
Aug 21, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2014
razortongue said:
Evangelion haters for sure. A lot of people say Eva fans are pretentious, childish and bitchy but frankly from my experience its the other way round. Don't get me wrong, people can like and dislike whatever they please but that doesn't mean they need to be a complete cunt toward the fans and baselessly accuse them of pretentiousness or pompousness.
That's always how it ends up being. The same is true for LOGH, and literally every anime that gets labelled as '2deep4u' by the community.

Aug 2015
I rarely ever read anything about SAO anywhere that doesn't involve some kind of hate. It's definitely the first thing that came to mind when I read the title.

Though really anything that gains a lot of popularity is going to have a lot of people that hate on it regardless of what it is. It's just the nature of things when that many more people are viewing it.
"How can we go on a quest to regenerate the world if we can’t even save the people standing right in front of us?!" -Lloyd Irving, Tales of Symphonia

Sep 2013
Agafin said:
AttackOnTetris said:

I'm really getting tired of your baseless accusations. If you are sure it's me, why not report it, instead of acting ignorant? then again I should do the same for you.
Aug 21, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Personally I think a lot of the criticism I've read about UBW is ignorant and incredibly nitpicky about the fact that the show is "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works" and not "Fate/One: The True Sequel to F/Z". Or on the other hand, there are also the super purists that think every little change was terrible and it was absolute trash compared to the source material.
Aug 21, 2015 1:44 PM

Mar 2015
oh yeah, honestly, why people hating something that not even worth to hate?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 21, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
Shitcom haters. It's like people are too dumb to get the message of a short 1 minute animation.
Aug 21, 2015 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
hoopla123 said:
SAO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2015 1:57 PM

Jun 2014
Agafin said:
razortongue said:
That's always how it ends up being. The same is true for LOGH, and literally every anime that gets labelled as '2deep4u' by the community.

An anime that one viewer can not comprehend is instantly deemed to be 2deep4u in the anime community when it most cases, they are really simple to interpret.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 21, 2015 2:02 PM

May 2015
I'll just go with the flow and say SAO
Aug 21, 2015 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
Sword Art Online. This is coming from a guy who hates the show. Seems like shitting on it for being a wish fullfillment power fantasy blah blah is just so 2012. Time to move on guys.
Aug 21, 2015 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
Naruto's haters are all pretty ridiculous to be honest
Aug 21, 2015 2:05 PM

Sep 2014
Kill la Kill. These guys can't into hating for shit.
Aug 21, 2015 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
andpark said:
Agafin said:

I'm really getting tired of your baseless accusations. If you are sure it's me, why not report it, instead of acting ignorant? then again I should do the same for you.
I don't care about reporting you. It doesn't matter because tomorrow you'll be using a different persona just like you did yesterday, Nxtslide.
Aug 21, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
Probably Naruto, I have seen a lot of different anime forums and sites and there is always a large group of both Naruto haters and lover, making Naruto maybe the most polarizing anime series. Most anime websites cater to Naruto fans and I think that really ticks people off too, instead of their favorite series
Also SwordArt Online has a bunch of anti-fans, but I think it's OKAY, it's not that bad,
just maybe overhyped by some of their most ardent fans maybe.
However, as I wrote before, some of the nastiest and most cynical anime series hatred I read came right from The Anime Encyclopedia, they made Negima sound really creepy, for instance.
Aug 21, 2015 2:10 PM

May 2012
HxH(chimera ant arc haters specially), Evangelion, Gintama
Aug 21, 2015 2:13 PM

Dec 2012
Glasslip is universally disliked for widely agreed upon copy/paste reasons that lack any originality or personal critical reflection on the viewer's side.
Aug 21, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
the monogatari series

hurr hurr all they do is talk
hurr hurr the conversations don't even have any depth
HURR HURR IT'S JUST A STANDARD HAREM TRYING TO BE CLEVER BUT IN SUCH A SHALLOW AND SUPERFICIAL WAY THAT ONLY LOLI FETISHISTS WOULD FIND ANYTHING OF VALUE IN IT

and sao? really?

so.. it's actually good?
Aug 21, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
Wrlccywrlir said:
and sao? really?

so.. it's actually good?

It's not about it being good but rather that most haters are just band-wagoners that have no idea what they're talking about. You'll often find them repeating bullshit like "SAO is the worst anime ever" while giving it a 1/10 on their list.
Aug 21, 2015 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
Definitely SAO. Seriously...there are blogs dedicated to hating on it(mostly for unwarranted reasons, like Kazuto driving a fucking motorcycle in-game makes him OP), the hate base never shuts-up about how much they hate it with a burning passion, they're so fucking condescending and prideful that it makes me want to puke, if there's a single high rated review on here that's in-depth, the reviewer usually gets crap for giving it that, even if they have valid reasons, shaming people for liking it, and threatening to kill people for liking it.

Geez...you've got to draw the line somewhere, and complaining about it every single day like it committed every atrocity known to man just because you unconditionally believe people that hate it, even if they've outright admitted they didn't fact-check or watch the series to begin with, isn't going to stop the show from getting more seasons, and makes you look like an intolerant(and possibly incompetent, depending on what's said) asshole...and before anyone thinks this is arrogant to say, I've heard from across the internet that the anime will continue as long as the light novels continue.
AzureNatlis99Apr 11, 2019 4:29 PM
If most toxic anime fans' criteria and standards for considering problematic instances in anime "acceptable" were made into books, they'd be full of plot holes.
Aug 21, 2015 2:23 PM

May 2015
SAO and the rest mentioned above.
But I agree Evangelion's haterbase is one of the most toxic out there

Aug 21, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
Sao haters : if you give it more than 4/10 you have a shit taste
they cant understand that people enjoy different things
Aug 21, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2012
HxH is winning by a landslide.
I add my tri-vote to it.

So much hate, none of it deserved. Price of being complex tbough. Gladly accepted tbh. Rather have a smart series with tiny controversy than a dumbed down all-pleaser.
End Zionazism
Aug 21, 2015 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Kruzy said:
Wrlccywrlir said:
and sao? really?

so.. it's actually good?

It's not about it being good but rather that most haters are just band-wagoners that have no idea what they're talking about. You'll often find them repeating bullshit like "SAO is the worst anime ever" while giving it a 1/10 on their list.

fair enough

i don't really have a problem with hate directed towards poor/mediocre shows, even if it's out of ignorance, although at the same time there really isn't any point

someone who actually watches a quality anime and hates on it for shit reasons (see the above with monogatari or 'it's BOOOOORING' @ steins;gate) i find less easy to forgive

i mean with shows like snk and sao, the fanboys at their peak are equally as obnoxious as the haters with the added factor of being wrong, so *shrugs*
Aug 21, 2015 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
The haters made Glasslip a meme and it's rather annoying since Glasslip is actually pretty enjoyable if you're into that genre.
Aug 21, 2015 2:36 PM

Mar 2015
Wrlccywrlir said:
Kruzy said:
fair enough

i don't really have a problem with hate directed towards poor/mediocre shows, even if it's out of ignorance, although at the same time there really isn't any point

someone who actually watches a quality anime and hates on it for shit reasons (see the above with monogatari or 'it's BOOOOORING' @ steins;gate) i find less easy to forgive

i mean with shows like snk and sao, the fanboys at their peak are equally as obnoxious as the haters with the added factor of being wrong, so *shrugs*
honestly, i think bakemonogatari fanbases is not better than Sao or AOT. once some people get buthurt at me just because i said hanekawa tsubasa have better character development than senjougahara. i only can facepalming myself when they can't counter my argument and said i am the one that buthurt. not saying all of it fanbase is bad. but some of them still as annoying as another famouse fanbase. i think when a series become famous, there is always some fanatics fanbase that make mayority fanbase look bad.
Aug 21, 2015 2:39 PM

Nov 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
SAO, One Piece, Naruto

Please, you're so defensive of your precious One Piece... there are at least 1000 anime out there that get hated more on than One Piece. One Piece gets love I'd say 90% of the time. Freaking 1 time anime that nobody cares about like Aldnoah.Zero and Tokyo Ghoul get more hate than One Piece.

Anyway it's definitely SAO. In all honesty it shouldn't get so much hate, even though there are some major things that bug me about the franchise too.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 1 hour ago

7 by Zhenro »»
8 minutes ago

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

25 by DreamingBeats »»
33 minutes ago

» How can you spend time with your waifu if she's in the entertainment business?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
37 minutes ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - Yesterday

40 by GoddessLove »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.