Forum Settings
Forums

'Baccano' and 'Oregairu' Light Novels Part of Yen Press's New Line-Up

New
Jul 5, 2015 1:42 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Publisher Yen Press announced via their panel at Anime Expo that their light novel imprint, Yen On, have licensed Baccano!, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU), and the sequel novel Another: Episode S for North American release. In addition to the light novels, it was also announced that Yen Press have acquired the manga adaptations Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. @comic and Another 0.

In addition to these works, the publishing company announced multiple manga licenses, including:
  • Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Aoharu x Machine Gun)
    This survival game manga was announced to be adapted to a TV anime in February, and the first episode aired on July 3. Currently publishing in GFantasy, the series follows Yukki, the hentai mangaka; Matsuoka, the host; and Hotaru, the high school girl who dresses as a boy, and their new passion: survival games.

• Aphorism
    Nara Shika High seems like an ordinary high school from the outside, but each day the students must fight for their very lives. Serialized in Gangan Online since May 2010, this supernatural shounen manga has thirteen volumes currently in-print as of March 2015.

• Kamigoroshi-hime Zilch
    Another supernatural shounen manga, Demonizer Zilch has been serialized in Dragon Age magazine since September 2014. Created by Omamori Himari's mangaka, Milan Matra, the series follows second-year high school student Io Haruomi who gets caught up in the war between human and devil, after he crosses paths with the demonic girl, "Eda".

• Taboo-Tattoo
    By newcomer Shinjirou, this action seinen manga began serialization in Comic Alive magazine in September 2014. A TV anime of the series was announced in January, and is expected to air sometime this year. The story revolves around Seigi, who is a middle-schooler and is trained in martial arts. After defending an old man who is being hassled by delinquents, Seigi receives an odd tattoo.

Shounen Gangan series
  • Handa-kun
  • Kurenai Ouji
  • Kuro no Tantei (Black Detective)
  • Renaissance Eve
  • Saki
  • Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess)

Other series with anime adaptations
  • Log Horizon: Nishikaze no Ryodan (Log Horizon: The West Wind Brigade)
  • Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend)
  • Sekirei
  • Sword Art Online: Phantom Bullet
  • Sword Art Online: Mother's Rosario

Note: More Anime Expo licenses can be found in our Q3 Anime & Manga Licenses thread.
myanimelistllcFeb 10, 2016 11:48 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
Yesss baccano
definitely gonna collect that
Jul 5, 2015 1:47 PM

Nov 2012
Hells to the yeah! Oregairu!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Jul 5, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
Happy to see that Yen Press have finally licensed the Oregairu novels. Will definitely be buying those when they're released. I'm disappointed that they didn't get Overlord though, but I'm grateful enough for Oregairu.
Jul 5, 2015 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
Very interested in the Baccano novel news. Pleasant way to see this during the weekends!
Jul 5, 2015 1:54 PM
Apr 2012
Oregairu (still buying JP versions as well), Sekirei, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Saki, Shikabane Hime, Taboo-Tattoo and more SAO. Yen Press keep finding new ways of taking all my money! God bless you.

Shame no High School DxD LNs or Accel World dural Magisa Garden announcement though, yes I know I'm being greedy!

Yen Press still head and shoulders above all other manga publishers in the US/English speaking territories.
Jul 5, 2015 1:57 PM
Oct 2012
Yep saw Oregairu coming but did not expect Baccano! Will be buying both series.

Although I was disappointed by the lack of LN announcements. Hope there are more in the future.

I really hope they license Horizon. I know how terribly big those books are but I NEED THEM.
Jul 5, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2014
I Think these things will never happen in my country.. unless when I will be very old and I still doubt about it :/

Maybe internet will save me.
Jul 5, 2015 2:00 PM

Mar 2013
Baccano! coming out in English. Who would of thought that this day would come.
Bring back down votes on reviews
Jul 5, 2015 2:04 PM
Oct 2012
Saw the OreGairu light-novel imprint coming a mile off, very glad that my prediction was spot on. I'd been praying for a Baccano release too, but didn't think they'd do it for a while.

Today's a good day. Gonna be a strain on my budget though. I've got about £60 worth of pre-orders stacked up already.
Jul 5, 2015 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
Oh my lord. Hell yeah.
Jul 5, 2015 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
Another is must buy.
Jul 5, 2015 2:15 PM
Nov 2013
Baccano and Oregairu NOVELS??? IM SO FUCKING HAPPY FINALLY!

Can't wait to pick these up!
Jul 5, 2015 2:26 PM
Oct 2012
danieltortoisee said:
Happy to see that Yen Press have finally licensed the Oregairu novels. Will definitely be buying those when they're released. I'm disappointed that they didn't get Overlord though, but I'm grateful enough for Oregairu.

You're jumping the gun way too quickly. Wait for the Overlord anime to air and for the hype/exposure to increase because anime is a much more accessible medium. I can almost guarantee you Overlord will get licensed. MMO genre is insanely popular here in the west, and as proof you can see it in how SAO, Log Horizon, and DanMachi got licensed.
Jul 5, 2015 2:32 PM
Mar 2012
Admittedly, Baccano was of no surprise as links to the PDFs of fan translations were getting DMCA'd along with takedown requests to certain sites. Oregairu though was quite the surprise. I asked Yen Press though whether they will westernize the translations like they did with their other series. They said it's undecided, but if keeping the Japanese style is needed, then they will be flexible to change the status quo.
Jul 5, 2015 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
Hooray for Yen Press !
Jul 5, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
Calculus94 said:

You're jumping the gun way too quickly. Wait for the Overlord anime to air and for the hype/exposure to increase because anime is a much more accessible medium. I can almost guarantee you Overlord will get licensed. MMO genre is insanely popular here in the west, and as proof you can see it in how SAO, Log Horizon, and DanMachi got licensed.

I hope that's true, cos I really enjoyed what little of the novel I did read before the anime announcement. Even more so if Madhouse butcher the adaptation. But yeah, I'm probably jumping the gun way too quickly on that. As they have done with these acquisitions today, I'm sure they'll deliver again with Overlord and other popular/good LNs in due course (hopefully Rokka No Yuusha as well, assuming that does well).
Jul 5, 2015 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
the day sekirei gets licensed is finally here, shame its digitally only. It would've been nice to put it on the shelf next to the original japanese release
Jul 5, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2013
Baccano and Oregairu ? Finally i'll have something new to buy aside from Index

But i can't help but wonder how are they gonna do with Oregairu. Watari always put tons of local references on each volume.
loli_a_ravioliJul 5, 2015 2:41 PM
Jul 5, 2015 2:37 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, Oregairu!!! Will definitely buy that one!!
Jul 5, 2015 2:42 PM

Jan 2014
Oregairu was already translated so i couldnt care less...All the things should be licenced and translated to english...Its year 2015...
Jul 5, 2015 2:43 PM

Feb 2013
Oregairu finally gets an english release.
Jul 5, 2015 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
Dammit Yen Press... Stop making my "plan to buy" list even bigger!!
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jul 5, 2015 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Thank god they didn't license DxD.
Jul 5, 2015 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
Official Oregairu? FUCK YEAH. Purchasing that as soon as it hits the shelf.
Jul 5, 2015 3:08 PM

Aug 2014
Ophis said:
Jul 5, 2015 3:10 PM

Dec 2013
LastChapter said:
Admittedly, Baccano was of no surprise as links to the PDFs of fan translations were getting DMCA'd along with takedown requests to certain sites. Oregairu though was quite the surprise. I asked Yen Press though whether they will westernize the translations like they did with their other series. They said it's undecided, but if keeping the Japanese style is needed, then they will be flexible to change the status quo.
Sorry if it's a foolish question but what do you mean by westernize the translations?
Jul 5, 2015 3:12 PM
Oct 2012
Ophis said:

Can't see it being unlicensed for much longer honestly.
Jul 5, 2015 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
Wow! I would love to read Baccano!! I hope they translate past the anime ASAP! It's a hit here.

Also hope TPP makes America a lucrative market for JP, and they would capitalize on that.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 5, 2015 3:28 PM

Aug 2011
Yen PRess i Love you

» Escapism.

Jul 5, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
Yayyy!! Will be adding AoHaru to my mangas >w<
And Will probably buy the Oregairu novels after I'v e watched the animes~
Jul 5, 2015 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
Holy fuck baccano in English, I'm so excited

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 5, 2015 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
Cool, Yen press is the best.
Jul 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Jun 2012
Based Yen Press.
Tutturu ~
Jul 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Jun 2009
thank god i dont care how muc it will cost em im geting baccnao light novels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 5, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2015
Now I need to watch Baccano since the light novel is coming out. First Durarara and now Baccano. Im going to be broke.
Jul 5, 2015 4:19 PM

Apr 2013
Oh, so they are really licensing baccano? That novel doesn't work at all in japan, so very surprised. Among all the novel they licensed lately, that's by far the one whop sells the less I think. I honestly thought that this title would never be licensed due to this.

(BTW It sells so bad that we aren't even getting one new volume since almost two years currently, even though the story is almost at the end. Even hakomari fans didn't have toi wait that long for a new volume (well, haruhi fans had and still have it worse ^^" ) ).
Hope that the fact that they're licencing is going to be a bit of a incentive for Narita sensei to finally finish that series that he abandoned since almost two years to write stuff like durarara and fate/strange fake. We're at 21 volume and only lacking 3-5 to finish the story according to the author, so it would be nice. Waiting since October 2013 for the 22th volume is long.

As for Oregairu, now that's a series selling very well and which is also near its end. (Should have maybe 2 more volumes?).

Good news for both anyway. Yen press is really doing a great job to spread the LN in the west.

(and wow, they're licencing a lot of manga as well).
Jul 5, 2015 4:21 PM

Aug 2014
Yen press are doing some pretty awesome thing recently. Kizumonogatari is coming soon too!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 5, 2015 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
God...All this news recently are killing me!! From the One Punch Man to Tokyo Pops revivel to LOTGH geting licensed to Princes Jellyfish and now THISSSSS!!!
Guess I will need a part time job for this greatness...
Jul 5, 2015 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
Baccano? Finally!
Jul 5, 2015 4:53 PM

Sep 2010
LoneWizard said:
Oregairu was already translated so i couldnt care less...All the things should be licenced and translated to english...Its year 2015...

With what? Yen would need a hella amount of money just to get the license in the first place. Also it takes a lot of money to print materials and to pay the translators. If manga/LNs were just as popular over here as they are in Japan then getting everything wouldn't be a problem, but anime/manga is a niche market here so to cover cost of license and print costs they slap a $12 price on their releases.

I'm glad some series I really enjoyed the past couple years have been popular enough to have official releases in the US. Only thing that hasn't yet is I think Akatsuki no Yona and the K manga/novels.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 5, 2015 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
AX has been wonderful this year with all the announcements. LoGH, Higurashi, Princess Jellyfish, Utena Bluray, the supposed localisation of MuvLuv VN, and now these two light novels. My wallet will be dead for a while.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Jul 5, 2015 5:09 PM

Jun 2014
Well the light novel for Baccano should be 100x better than the anime so may buy it when it comes out.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 5, 2015 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
Snow said:
Shounen Gangan series
[*]Saki

Hot damn yes! Thank you, Yen Press! This is a must-buy!

Even better news is that Yen Press will be keeping Oregairu's original English title, My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected, not the SNAFU nonsense.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jul 5, 2015 7:46 PM

Sep 2012
I can die happily after reading OreGairu. Lol FINALLY!
Jul 5, 2015 8:53 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good news, but Yen Press will take forever to reach the Volumes Nanodesu & Kyakka covered so far. Will still collect them though.

Jul 5, 2015 8:55 PM

Dec 2013
Baccano + Oregairu = YES
Jul 5, 2015 9:36 PM
Apr 2015
Well, YenPress isn't available in my country... So I feel sad about it.

But yeah, for WW its a good new. Hope it can make him open more chances to get the third season.
Jul 5, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2009
Im definitely gonna buy Baccano's novels.

Jul 5, 2015 11:22 PM
Feb 2012
Yen Press have been quite active in the licensing department lately. Good news for the fans of the series concerned.

As for me I might get Baccano as I haven't watched the anime but heard a lot of good stuff about that series.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
7 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.