Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 1, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
FINALLY SOME CONFLICT

although its totally fake
Jul 1, 2015 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
Moodie said:
FINALLY SOME CONFLICT

Fake? Uh moodie what are you talking about
Jul 1, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
At least I we get some sort of conflict in this two cour series. As much as I love this as a pick-me-up/feel-happy for the mid week, the content was almost getting stale.

This is the best poker face for almost every romantic moment where you are the third wheel. Stay strong Suna.
Jul 1, 2015 2:44 PM
Mar 2014
First moderately interesting episode in a long while, though still not enough to escape from its binds. I appreciate the effort, at least.

I find Oda really creepy; he's basically the embodiment of every self-proclaimed "nice guy" I've ever met. Everything he does has an ulterior motive related to it. I'm seriously hoping his role in the series won't be too recurrent.
vegetablespiritJul 1, 2015 2:48 PM
Jul 1, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2014
Oda doesn't look like a bad guy, but if he keeps appearing more I'll probably start to dislike him...

Wow wasn't expecting that to happen at the end... wonder how things will go next episode.
Jul 1, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2015
Dang, this Oda kid is a pro.
Jul 1, 2015 3:04 PM
May 2010
Helenus said:
Oh my God ... Oda is so cute :D

When I first saw him in the pub where Takeo works I thought he was gay and wanted to pick up Suna (is this pub a gay bar ? ;D ). I think Oda and Onee-san would make a good couple, though.

I'm looking forward to see what will happen in the amusement park. Maybe Takeo and Yamato will give Onee-san and Oda-kun a little push in the right direction.

Concerning the bromance (which was very strong this episode): Please feel free to visit the 'Is Suna gay?' thread on this sub-forum :D

---> http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1373893
------------------------------------------------------------

4shiki said:

It'll be awkward though, since that happens right after they celebrate Suna's birthday. Oh well.

As president of the non-manga reader commitee, let me ask what exactly happens in the other half of chapter 9? Thank you!

Ohh boy...I don't have the energy in me to produce a block of text again (that thing I wrote about what happened to that certain character in chapter 24 in the other thread cost me eons to do, despite being small...wonder if that happened since English isn't my main language), but to summarize:

... I-I guess I'll stilll do it, anyway? I have nothing to do, after all.
4shikiJul 1, 2015 3:09 PM
Jul 1, 2015 3:10 PM

Feb 2012
Alright finally my man Hayato Oda is in the building, and he's gonna crash it all down.

At least something different.
Jul 1, 2015 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
oh my gosh what's going to happen when they all go to the amusement park together?! How will Suna's sister tell Takeo?? I hope nothing gets awkward between them. D:
also, Oda's voice sounded kind of familiar at certain parts, so I looked the voice actor up and he actually does Italy from Hetalia! His happy parts really reminded me of Italy right away.
Jul 1, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2014
Yay, Ai is back and things are going to be more interesting.

At the first moment when Oda showed up in the pub, I thought he was gay X3 I hope Ai will give him a chance after their day in MM Land.

The bromance was strong in this episode.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jul 1, 2015 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
Nice Ai episode, I found her pretty likeable this time. Cliffhanger sucks but this seems to be interesting arc, I wonder how it ends.

Oda is sure obtrusive. If it was me, I wouldn't let someone who I just met sleep in my house. I mean, he's complete stranger to him, even that late night conversation was weird.

And I dunno about his solution to this situation though... things wouldn't work like this IRL and she would get herself into more problems instead. Usually the person who confess and is refused is destined to shatter all relations with her crush. And I bet that's something she doesn't want.
Jul 1, 2015 4:21 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know how that confession is going to work out..
Hi there
Jul 1, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
Moodie said:
FINALLY SOME CONFLICT

Fake? Uh moodie what are you talking about
this little scheme is fake its not like he really wants to break them apart.

its not a genuine rival or conflict
Jul 1, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2014
I hate it when there's a love triangle and both guys/girls are decent so you don't even know who to root for. Anyways, finally, we get some conflict
Jul 1, 2015 5:20 PM

Oct 2011
Oda plans for Ai to confess her feeling to Takeo OMG
Jul 1, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2013
I will agree that this was probably the weakest episode so far but the drama is intriguing and it was still a great episode so cant wait for next episode :)
Jul 1, 2015 5:58 PM

Feb 2012
I wonder if she's actually going to confess to Takeo, I feel like it's just going to really complicate things.
Jul 1, 2015 6:01 PM

Jul 2014
I like the new character, Oda.
He looks like Suna with curly hair too.
Jul 1, 2015 6:18 PM

Apr 2014
Ai is finally back and this episode was of course great and funny as usual

Can't wait for next week's episode :D

Jul 1, 2015 6:20 PM

Jan 2011
This is the arc I've been waiting for. What they didn't show was that Oda was the one who stepped in to stop the hypnotist when Ai began giving details about her life. He's been pretty upfront with Takeo that up until now he's gotten through life on his charm, so I think he really does have feelings for Ai--he's making an effort to give her closure so that she can move on, that's being a lot more proactive than a lot of the mc's we've seen in shounen romances. Frankly Ai is more the type of girl I like in a show, so I'm hoping she gets someone as well, and Oda looks like he'd make life interesting for her, while she looks like she'd keep him in line pretty well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 1, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Oda seems cool. Although I still don't care for Suna's sister.
Jul 1, 2015 6:42 PM
Feb 2015
Yes suna's sister is back and we got to celebrate suna's birthday. Oda has feelings for Ai but she rejected him. Takeo and Ai make a nice couple too D; but the next episode says jinx. Wonder what would happen... Will she confess!!?
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 1, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2015
Omg Oda is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I can't believe I actually cried after his night talk with Takeo that was touching T_T I hope she will accept his feelings soon..
Jul 1, 2015 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Oda is making a plan for Ai, so she can confess her feelings to Takeo.
Jul 1, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2011
I'm kind of glad the rest of chapter 9 was skipped, I would have disliked a whole episode dedicated to that, considering there are chances later on for Yamato's character to develop. (I'm happy that they kept the birthday scene though~)

Yeah! Finally, halfway through the series and we finally get to meet Oda! 'Bout time! I'm looking forward to the second half of the series.
Jul 1, 2015 9:01 PM
May 2014
How did Oda even know where to find Takeo? In any case, Ai makes episodes better.
Jul 1, 2015 9:21 PM

Sep 2013
Ai was just too late, 7 years too late :(
They just don't work as a couple anymore, I'm sure the'd break up even she did confess before Yamato, Takeo sees her as more of a sister now.

Jul 1, 2015 9:27 PM

Jun 2008
Nice episode.

I hope Sis can move on after that, since Oda is a pretty cool guy.
Takeo's reaction will be interesting to see, can't wait for the next.
Jul 1, 2015 10:29 PM

Jul 2012
MARRY ME ODA

(this guy legit reminds me of taichi but like a goofier version)
Jul 1, 2015 10:44 PM
Jul 2015
Why do people want conflict and drama so much? Personally, I hate drama, and awkwardness, and wavering hearts in romance series. What is wrong with having a sweet, lighthearted romance where the two characters are deeply in love and spend their time just enjoying their life together?

Drama and conflict is everywhere, in almost every series out there. People are saying things are starting to get state, but since drama is the norm, THAT is what's stale, to me. Keep things as they are and I couldn't be happier. I, for one, greatly enjoy seeing Takeo and Yamato spend time together, happily in love. I like seeing their life unfold as they find new ways to fawn over each other and spend time together.
Jul 1, 2015 11:30 PM

Apr 2015
MaxiLem said:
Why do people want conflict and drama so much? Personally, I hate drama, and awkwardness, and wavering hearts in romance series. What is wrong with having a sweet, lighthearted romance where the two characters are deeply in love and spend their time just enjoying their life together?

Drama and conflict is everywhere, in almost every series out there. People are saying things are starting to get state, but since drama is the norm, THAT is what's stale, to me. Keep things as they are and I couldn't be happier. I, for one, greatly enjoy seeing Takeo and Yamato spend time together, happily in love. I like seeing their life unfold as they find new ways to fawn over each other and spend time together.

Dude, you're so on point in reply to people who are complaining that "there isn't enough conflict in this anime."
I wish I can just quote you every time someone spams "This anime is getting stale without drama."
Jul 2, 2015 3:19 AM

May 2011
Looks like the rumor about the place being a jinx that breaks up couple may really be true.

I think it's really scary to know/have people like Oda around in real life because you know he's constantly plotting something.

Suna is like a contrast to Oda since Suna's nature was able to help and strengthen Takeo and Yamato's relationship while Oda's nature and beliefs may cause them to break up instead.

Looking forward to next week's episode!
Jul 2, 2015 3:37 AM

Dec 2010
MaxiLem said:

^This.

Kyaaaaa~ Namikawa Daisuke's (aka Hisoka) voice (≧◡≦) ♡

I'm liking Ai even more <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2015 3:49 AM

Feb 2012
Ai is back!! IMO she's the best character in the anime, followed by Oda. Their personalities just fill the show with laughter and thrill. I want Ai to be happy just not with Takeo. He's too much of a muscular airhead. Oda is worthy enough for Ai.

I think the jinx will be Takeo rejecting Ai, and Yamato must've accidentally witnessed it as it was unfolding. Just a hypothesis though
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 2, 2015 5:29 AM

May 2015
Great episode with a total cliff hanger

Jul 2, 2015 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
if ppl don't understand the importance of why drama and conflict is a big part of romance than there is no reason to explain it to them.
Jul 2, 2015 5:53 AM
Jul 2015
Moodie said:
if ppl don't understand the importance of why drama and conflict is a big part of romance than there is no reason to explain it to them.

That is exactly why you should explain it to them. Why purposely withhold knowledge? That being said, drama and conflict are most definitely not "a large part of romance". It may be a "large part of some romance" but not of romance as a general term.

Romance, as an experience, is different for everyone who experiences it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a, how did he put it, "sweet, lighthearted romance where the two characters are deeply in love and spend their time just enjoying their life together". In fact a series like Ore Monogatari would do well with a romance like that. There's no need whatsoever to bring in drama or conflict of the romance nature when the series is doing so well without it.

The sweetness of it's story and it's lovable characters are the draw; creating unneeded conflict would actually serve to alienate fans who enjoy the story and characters for what they are. If they do bring in conflict or drama, it doesn't have to be with a romantic rival or feel-bad misunderstandings. There are plenty of other ways they could add in those aspects without destroying the romantic nature of the story or it's characters.
Jul 2, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2011
Well I think generally the purpose of conflict is a "test" to their relationship strength.

I agree that there's no need for the conflict element in romance however I doubt most people would watch because it usually lacks the excitement in continue watching. It will become very repetitive too, especially for a 24 episode anime.

I don't watch much romance base anime, sooooo... just my two cents worth of opinion~ =)
Jul 2, 2015 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
During the first few minutes of the episode, I was thinking it would be nice to see the sister Sunakawa, because it was not so much that it showed; what a surprise to see her again and have an episode that focuses on her. Plot that is renewed and that compares once again the feelings of Ai for Takeo, I thoroughly enjoyed this interlude. Drawings and animations of good quality.
Jul 2, 2015 6:40 AM

Nov 2014
Interesting. I really liked this episode since I started to get bored with the old events flow.
The new character resembles Suna just like a twin brother :p I guess they can't draw a different handsome guy look :p
Jul 2, 2015 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
finally happens something in this anime.
Jul 2, 2015 7:49 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. I guess the Anime is adapting the chapters that haven't been scanlated yet. That's great! <3
Jul 2, 2015 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
love drama and hypnosis seriously? and the new dude looks alot like Suna
Jul 2, 2015 8:46 AM
Apr 2013
oda looks exactly like suna
Jul 2, 2015 9:09 AM

Dec 2013
Oda's reactions were so damn hilarious. I find it pretty silly how he couldn't recognize Suna's likeness to his sister, and actually thought he was Takeo. You can see his feelings are pretty pure, and his dedication really deserves recognition, but I'm of two minds about his character. The guy is pretty opportunistic, and if his target had been anyone else but Ai (in that I mean if a guy of his characteristic was gunning for Yamato instead), I think plenty of people in this thread would actually be pretty pissed at his attitude.

Also get the feeling that things at MM Land won't go as smoothly as planned.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 2, 2015 10:48 AM
Jan 2011
MaxiLem said:

Because its otherwise boring like in real life. In real life if a relationship gets stale and boring then they go look for other people. Nobody likes a boring relationship. It doesn't have to be conflict but something that challenges the individuals. None of this fairy tale,we're so in love crap. Lets stare into each other eyes each episode bS.
Jul 2, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
It's probably because I watched Kimi ni Todoke and Wolf girl, where I loved the VA of the their female leads but Yamato's voice is starting to annoy me.
Jul 2, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2013
Suna, good luck to your youth life and not just being a third wheel hahaha.

Hayato seems good tho. And its Namikawa Daisuke, didn't disappoint.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 2, 2015 12:01 PM
Jul 2015
xsilicon9 said:
MaxiLem said:

Because its otherwise boring like in real life. In real life if a relationship gets stale and boring then they go look for other people. Nobody likes a boring relationship. It doesn't have to be conflict but something that challenges the individuals. None of this fairy tale,we're so in love crap. Lets stare into each other eyes each episode bS.

That's entirely a matter of opinion, though. Just because you don't like the way it's going doesn't mean other people feel the same, and visa versa. It's not fact that it's boring, it's simply how you feel. I don't find it boring at all
Jul 2, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2010
DesuTronic said:
They look like twins

I just hate how similiar they look.

Stark700 said:

Loved Ai very much. Great to have her back
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

raveninthemuddle - Apr 4, 2015

435 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.