Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Jul 2, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2012
The romantic moments.. There are soooooooo manyyy

Lol Saika suddenly there, tasting the choco xD

So heavy, so heavy :(
"Signature removed"
Jul 5, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
What was the deal with the looks on their faces after Hachiman is accused of liking younger girls? lol.

Jul 11, 2015 1:41 PM

Dec 2009
That episode got dramatic quickly. There is something seriously wrong with the club as of this episode.

I think it is slowly becoming clear to Yukino and Yui that they both feel something for Hikigaya that goes farther than friendship.

In particular it really sucks because Yui knows that the things she wants - Hikigaya will undoubtedly change the dynamics of the club. You can't love someone and not have the third person not feel awkward. Things are surely going to come to a head.

Besides the drama though, it was a nice episode. Girls play nice please!
Jul 15, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2010
Man, I don't like Haruno and her way of doing things.

The I-love-to-shake-my-hands-prez likes Kaori, or so is implied.

Gotta love how Hayato evaded the question by saying, "Hayano-san and I both got the chocolates," hinting that the chocolates were the giri type.

Man, I am in love with this anime. Thoroughly and with all my heart. And I loved Yui's ver of the ED.
Jul 17, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
The general atmosphere reminds me a lot of other things, which I'm not gonna talk about.
So, I'm hoping for a third season because the story clearly isn't over yet and whatever remains won't fit into one episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 24, 2015 7:32 AM

May 2012
Choco~ pretty decent episode, let's see what the last episode will offer though.
Aug 6, 2015 4:38 AM
Dec 2012
I think I'm on my limits... The other school President that I don't know what his name was.... He PISSES me off! Could he stop moving his f*cking hands already? Does he have any shaking hand disorder? I can't stand it anymore, I want to grab his head and slams it into the ground, chop off his hands and put it into a pot of curry and fully cooked it then feed it to the alligators. I hated him since his first appearance... He is annoying as F*CK!
Aug 23, 2015 10:27 PM

Mar 2012
It's becoming more like "Yahari Ore no Seishun Harem wa Machigatteiru.".

11/10 episode as always.

Yukino's sister is such a bitch though... Her mother is such an ass as well... damn family, get the fuck out of this anime and leave Yukino alone...
b1GZZAug 23, 2015 10:36 PM
Aug 31, 2015 5:43 AM
May 2012
Man, it's all sad again. If I could, I will make Haruno cry in bed.
Touyama Nao singing is <3 Let's see how this will end.
Sep 20, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
This episode ended on a depressing note...I wonder how they will wrap this season up? The LNs haven't finished publishing yet.
Oct 3, 2015 8:54 AM
Nov 2014
Decent episode, can't wait to see the ending.
Nov 23, 2015 6:27 PM
Nov 2015
Can anyone tell me what music was playing when they were cooking? or is it original?

its starts at 11:09 in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnyL50Wr94c
Dec 6, 2015 11:47 PM
Apr 2013
This episode really hit home with the concept of being yourself versus being dictated by the others around you, shown by Haruno's statement to the crew before they left.

Beautiful episode though, the development with everyone's character is progressing and there are signs with Yui, Yukino, and Ihora inching towards 8man. :^) MAINLY SHOWING FOR YUI.
BUT THAT'S STILL QT, YO.

Sad that this is the second to last episode. Hopefully a season 3 is released. ;^)

11/10
Feb 11, 2016 2:43 AM

Jul 2013
Every time things get a little too hot Yukino's sister is there. Now she's here again. How fucking convenient. All she does is turn things into shit. Tease Yukino or Hachiman, say that she hates Yukino or whatever and when everyone's having fun she goes and kills the mood. I don't see her relevance in this show really. And she's obnoxious af. Manipulative bitch.
Mar 25, 2016 7:12 AM

May 2015
New ED was interesting, Haruno isn't very nice and just meddles in everything, and this is totally a harem anime.
May 18, 2016 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
Just finished watching from [SallySubs]
one thing to say: if you're a dense anime character, you're not fit for this kind of show to be in.
The sis of Yukinon is really a show ruin-er!
4/5.

Aug 29, 2016 9:26 AM

Jan 2016
I'm surprised about how the show is self-aware but not in the traditional comedy kind-of way. It was entirely obvious both girls show feelings towards 8man, and I'm glad too that this was directly addressed, and that's what truly makes this "Teenage Love Comedy Not as Expected"

10/10 episode.
Sep 30, 2016 12:43 AM
Sep 2016
Wanna say first off that Haruno is seriously savage. I sat there thinking it was uncalled for and mad. However 5 minutes of critical analysis later and I start realizing what she meant. Our main trio are NOT open and transparent with each other.

In the case where Hachiman tasted Yukinon and Yuigahama's chocolate, he gave them a lukewarm response, and the girls smiled and took with smiles. Sounds heartwarming, but reality is that their accepting what they KNOW is a luikewarm answer; neither compliment nor insult. He basically just said their chocolate was meh.

So what you have is our favorite trio trying to make a genuine moment for themselves; that in itself is fine, but it also means their faking a genuine moment. Honestly I'd call that a genuine moment, especially if they believed it since it felt ripped from them (i have a newfound grudge against Haroun if that isn't obvious). Sadly, they don't think it was, they felt like it was something different. It was themtrying to make themselves as individuals happy with their freinds.

Yea, their is NO denying that they are good friends, but at the same time, they are also faking their friendship as a trio. Think about this, each of them have something more they want out of friendship

Yukinon wants a shoulder to lean on to not be prayed and pried open like a chest.

Yuigahama wants her two friends, and very much Hachiman the guy she loves.

And Hachiman, well he said himself in tears, but that genuine thing, i suspect is friends that he doesn't have to read between their lines and feels he belongs.

Sadly with the little valentine gossips, its clear that both Yukinon and Hachiman aren't very open about these things; those moments represent how their is still things they don't share with each other. Things they may be uncomftorble with themselves, but oddly if spoken up about wouldn't change their groups dynamic completely. Yuigahama on the other hand, her problem is that what she wants WILL change the dynamic of their friendship. No matter what Hachiman responds with things will never be the same, and what if Yukinon is not okay with it? They could potentially split there.

ON Yuigahama, i wanna bring up her comparison with Hayama. It fits this problem; she wants to have them both as longtime friends. She is the glue that tries to hold thing together, and like Hayama it starts to pain her to keep it sometimes. Couple that with her crush, and suddenly she, like Hayama, is trying to enjoy a freindship that may not last past high school.

So pretty much, their is some type of hiding done by each of them. Maybe Hachiman has more grils in his life than we thought; maybe Yukinon had history we didn't know about (her mom's expectations anyone)? These three are actually more closed doors than they are open. That was made clear by Haruno's words, and suddenly all the progress they thought the made seems insignificant, like their not even close (far from the truth). So yes they aren't genuine, and the only way their going to be genuine, is to expose themselves to eachother, and be able to move on as freinds, and grow individuals.
Jan 20, 2017 2:42 PM

May 2015
meh...so cookie episdoe.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 30, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Loved This Episode!!!
Feb 1, 2017 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Hm don't really get why they got so shaken up by Haruno's words, they should know by now that she's manipulative. I liked Hachiman's answer to her question if he's boring though :3
Feb 18, 2017 9:58 PM

May 2010
Ugh, okay, now I officialy hate Haruno >_< I guess that she wants them to be honest with each other (maybe), but why? Why is she forcing everything? Why she has to be a manipulative bitch? Even if she's right, ad they don't have the genuine thing yet, I'm sure they'd reach it eventually, sighh.
Apr 19, 2017 3:29 AM

Jun 2010
I guess there is a method to Haruno's madness. Says a lot about us fans how we can't stand it when a character realistically points out the trio's flaws and the eventual pain as well.
Aug 14, 2017 2:03 PM

Jul 2016
Someone please slap Haruno in the face.
Oct 11, 2017 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
Omgosh Keika is adorable. I want to pinch her cheeks.

In other news, I hate Yukinons family they are all so annoying!
Feb 28, 2018 4:16 AM

Oct 2015
"The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and the future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time."

Words of wisdom my man, Hachiman.

The Kawasaki's are lovely, if unfortunately still largely ignored.

And.. I don't subscribe into the "Let's hate Haruno" club. Haruno's personality and motives aren't nearly as explored yet as Yukino, so it's silly to judge her at this point. Yukino had her bitchy moments and personality flaws as well. Maybe if we learn about their backstory, we'll come to appreciate or at least understand Haruno more.
TogameCheerioFeb 28, 2018 5:21 AM
Apr 15, 2018 1:43 PM

Sep 2017
The episodes in the middle of this series did a great job of creating a heavy atmosphere filled with unspoken tension. This episode did an equally good job of showing how easy it is to just accept a more convenient lighter atmosphere at the cost of anything actually being genuine - except the mutual desire to not make waves or create tension again.

Haruno is just the reality checker. Whether she does it for Yukino's benefit or for her own amusement doesn't change the fact that she's not wrong
Sep 23, 2018 11:47 AM

May 2016
This is getting annoying with these side characters.
Its the episode before last and we still haven't anything serious for those three going.
Feb 7, 2019 5:47 PM

May 2017
Laughed hard at the iroha "siscon?" XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 22, 2019 6:38 AM
Jun 2017
Yeah!!! Valentines day... and the famous chocolate giving day... nice one...

When everything seems turn out to be well its when some will destroy it such as yukino sister...
Apr 4, 2019 7:46 AM

Jan 2018
I think Yukino was planning to give some chocolate to Hachiman . I hope she'll confess to him .
Apr 4, 2019 8:10 AM

Nov 2016
Yukinos mom seems like the calm kind of evil xD Creepy..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 23, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
For some reaosn, Haruno has been testing Yukinoshita these past few episodes. In away, she still wants her to follow her footsteps. If Yukinoshita divulged on her own path, then that would piss Haruno since she never had that kinda of freedom.

Maybe that's why she knows Hayato and what decision he plans to do.

So, I guess Yukinoshita is slowly, but surely falling in love with Hikki. Only, Haruno wants to test if it's real or not.

Also, Iroha has been getting too close to Hikki lately XD

Final episode!! Let's go!
Jan 19, 2020 6:32 PM
Apr 2016
I really dislike Yukino's sister, always have and it doesn't seem like that's going to change.
Apr 25, 2020 2:40 PM

Apr 2017
I like the episode a lot, I don't know why I like Haruno, it adds some spices I kind of a miss for a long time. Pardon my ridiculous thought though, but she starts to develop feelings towards 8man here.
Jun 25, 2020 4:14 PM

Aug 2014
As I said in previous post, for me this anime shines when all MC and side characters are together

But I will say, Haruno has been annoying this season 2. She needs to get a new hobby

Haruno and Hachiman's sister ,everytime I see both of them, my enjoyment of the anime goes down
Jun 25, 2020 4:48 PM

Nov 2017

I know there was a lot going on in this episode, but this was still my favourite part lol
Jul 5, 2020 3:47 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
More break time on the valentine day with full of chocolate. Yet, its a simple day to be reached by letting everyone mixed in the harmony, in the happiness. But, still, its always served some error on their youth life. Its Haruno, whom brought back the ignored word to them: A sincerity. Should i said, she become jealous seeing her sister happy with Hachiman and becoming so closer with her friends? Idk much with her manipulative thought and the truth about her behaviour. However, man, her cruelty was indeed very unnecessary with the happiness. The more drama make this show more interesting. Thats it. One more episode that couldn't be the same as before. Because, yeah, not like the first season that contain filler, these episode had bring more main story to it. Sounds good!

Iroha cuteness by constant teasing.... Sensei wiser statements to Hachiman.... Saki's moe sister.... Awkward but sweet moments, once again, Yukinon got her chance! Poor Yui knewing that shit.... Hayato consistencies.... His past story about chocolate that Yukino gifted, and everyone reactions. I couldn't stop laughing! Look at their eye movement! Yukinon took a glance to Hachiman, Yui too but swith in between to Yukino, while Hachiman himself looked away from the surrounding sight! Lmao, even Iroha got interested with that situations, even i still confused her intentions to care much to Hayato consent, or, the Hachiman. But, man, its really fun, i had so much laughable moment there!

So thats it with this episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 6, 2020 7:30 AM

Jan 2013
Haruno should just shut up and disappear already, I dislike her more and more with each episode. Jesus, what an annoying bitch.
Sep 8, 2020 10:23 AM

Jan 2018
Okay I'm still a bit confused at this episode (even though I re-watch this series for the 4th time). I still don't get it why Haruno said the three (yui, yukino, hachiman) of them is boring. I get that there is something wrong in their relationship but I don't know what is it exactly. It's to vague. From what I understand:

First:
Yukino is a wreck, she's now at her lowest point. I feel like she doesn't have control over herself (more specifically her feelings) and she abandoned her old self. Like how she doesn't look up to her sister (Haruno) anymore and now relies on Hachiman. But why?

Second:
Yui feels left out, guilty of playing dirty (whatever that means?), and doesn't like to be, the sort of, overseer of their group or club. I still don't get why it would be unfair for Yukino if Hachiman walk her home and honestly the only thing that I can think of why is that Yui likes Hachiman for her self? I don't want to play the love card on this riddle.

And Finally Third:
Hachiman felt agitated when Haruno told them that they are boring. Is it because their relationship is forced? And does Hachiman knows anything about their situations? I know Hachiman knows Yukino is not being herself and he doesn't want to care what being "true to yourself" even mean. But does he felt responsible to that?

Honestly, I think I'm thinking too hard in this situation. But if I just simply want to understand the situation I would just say "oh! Yukino just wants to be with Hachiman or even to the point she likes him and Yui wants Hachiman for himself but she's feels guilty about it. And the three of them knows this but avoids to confront it." But that just seems like I'm solving this riddle with love and I don't like it.
Sep 8, 2020 10:29 AM

Jan 2018
TBirdGT500 said:
Wanna say first off that Haruno is seriously savage. I sat there thinking it was uncalled for and mad. However 5 minutes of critical analysis later and I start realizing what she meant. Our main trio are NOT open and transparent with each other.

In the case where Hachiman tasted Yukinon and Yuigahama's chocolate, he gave them a lukewarm response, and the girls smiled and took with smiles. Sounds heartwarming, but reality is that their accepting what they KNOW is a luikewarm answer; neither compliment nor insult. He basically just said their chocolate was meh.

So what you have is our favorite trio trying to make a genuine moment for themselves; that in itself is fine, but it also means their faking a genuine moment. Honestly I'd call that a genuine moment, especially if they believed it since it felt ripped from them (i have a newfound grudge against Haroun if that isn't obvious). Sadly, they don't think it was, they felt like it was something different. It was themtrying to make themselves as individuals happy with their freinds.

Yea, their is NO denying that they are good friends, but at the same time, they are also faking their friendship as a trio. Think about this, each of them have something more they want out of friendship

Yukinon wants a shoulder to lean on to not be prayed and pried open like a chest.

Yuigahama wants her two friends, and very much Hachiman the guy she loves.

And Hachiman, well he said himself in tears, but that genuine thing, i suspect is friends that he doesn't have to read between their lines and feels he belongs.

Sadly with the little valentine gossips, its clear that both Yukinon and Hachiman aren't very open about these things; those moments represent how their is still things they don't share with each other. Things they may be uncomftorble with themselves, but oddly if spoken up about wouldn't change their groups dynamic completely. Yuigahama on the other hand, her problem is that what she wants WILL change the dynamic of their friendship. No matter what Hachiman responds with things will never be the same, and what if Yukinon is not okay with it? They could potentially split there.

ON Yuigahama, i wanna bring up her comparison with Hayama. It fits this problem; she wants to have them both as longtime friends. She is the glue that tries to hold thing together, and like Hayama it starts to pain her to keep it sometimes. Couple that with her crush, and suddenly she, like Hayama, is trying to enjoy a freindship that may not last past high school.

So pretty much, their is some type of hiding done by each of them. Maybe Hachiman has more grils in his life than we thought; maybe Yukinon had history we didn't know about (her mom's expectations anyone)? These three are actually more closed doors than they are open. That was made clear by Haruno's words, and suddenly all the progress they thought the made seems insignificant, like their not even close (far from the truth). So yes they aren't genuine, and the only way their going to be genuine, is to expose themselves to eachother, and be able to move on as freinds, and grow individuals.

Oh! this helps a lot actually. Even if it isn't love and just wanted to belong it still makes sense.
Sep 13, 2020 9:49 PM

Mar 2016
Interesting event at the community centre, although was slightly twitchy about President 'can't keep his hands fucking still' being there again. Nice seeing the 8man x Yui x Yoshino x Iroha interactions, but something among Hayato's group feels its going to give out at some point. The guy doesn't want to destabilise what they have, but someone with so many secrets who gives off a very acted appearance will mess up big time eventually.
Haruno was an interesting and sometimes funny wrench in the gears in S1, but with every unexpected appearance from her this season I dislike her character even more. It's always "oh, shit" when she walks in and ends with something she deserves a slap for.
Maybe the service club hasn't reached that 'genuine' stage yet, but it will have absolutely no chance when she continues to knock the carefully balanced card stack over. Must get it from her Mother, because she certainly wasn't any help when she rocked up at the end =_=
Oct 1, 2020 8:03 PM

Jun 2020
Glad to see Saki it feels like it's been a while since I've seen him and he's so cute.

Well Yukino's Mother destroyed the fun I really wish that I could live in their world...
Oct 22, 2020 9:19 PM
Jan 2019
When Orimoto brought up the thing with the chocolate, I loved how all the girls reacted.

Haruno's a bitch.

Yui has realized the energy between Yukino and Hachiman, I didn't even think Yukino had feelings for Hachiman at the beginning of the season, but things have clearly changed a lot since then.

No Komachi :(

Love seeing Yukino flustered
Oct 23, 2020 9:26 PM

Aug 2018
Haruno was one of the better characters at first but I dont like her anymore

Nov 13, 2020 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
Ahhh, they re-animated a few scenes from an early episode of Season 1, nice! Yukino's family is causing issues again!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 16, 2021 7:02 AM

Jan 2020
I didn't expect Kawasaki to be surprised when she heard that Hachiman received chocolate.
Feb 19, 2022 3:17 PM

Mar 2019
At this point, Haruno's trying so hard to have things go down the path she wants, lol. Feeling inferior to her sister in some ways. I really don't get what would be so bad in Yukino relying on Hachiman now, although we don't know in what way she kept on relying on Haruno.

Nice episode nonetheless, things are heating up for season 3, we'll finally get to see Yukino's past. Also the love triangle keeps getting bigger and bigger with Yui changing her expression whenever she sees Yukino and Hachiman together. But respect for that last part.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 4, 2022 6:22 AM

Nov 2019
Maybe Yukinos family thinks if she loves more she will lose her status as a high standing academic. This might bring dishonor to her family as they seem to have high standards that she is powerless to challenge. You can see it in her expressions everytime they show up
Oct 12, 2022 1:58 PM

Nov 2018
I wonder what Haruno did. Did she destroy a happy moment or only help her sis and her sis' friends not wrongly build up their hopes? I don't feel that Haruno is ill-intended at her core. If I'm not wrong, her actions/statements should have a good purpose, no matter how hard it is to believe this. But we shall see...
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.