Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2015 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, that was exciting. We get some fast paced action and archery on the road. I like how Daryun and the others ride together in unity. Not a dull moment in the opening of this episode imo.

I suppose Hodir has some motives of his own so the others have to be on their guard. Good to know that Arslan was on his guard though. Narsus' experience also show a lot this episode. Good episode overall. A balanced mixed of action, drama, and comedy (ha, thanks to the Farangis and Gieve moments)

Stark700Jun 7, 2015 1:31 AM
Jun 7, 2015 2:42 AM

Jun 2014
I immediately knew that Hodir guy was suspicious. The squad was able to hold their own quite well during the climactic fight. Daryun continues to show how badass he is. And that was quite an unexpected reaction from the slaves. Solid episode, and great comedy from Gieve once again haha. I hope he and Falangies end up together
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 7, 2015 2:43 AM

Aug 2010
Gotta love Arslan's development. There are things that need to be experienced so u can learn that the world isn't just black and white. He's really got potential to be a great ruler. And the 5 with him right now are the best companions he could ask for Well Gieve may slightly be problematic in the future lol

Lol'd at Farangis's "The Djinn whispered to me that I should stick my foot out of the window" lol
Jun 7, 2015 2:43 AM
Mar 2015
well, not bad.

Jun 7, 2015 3:56 AM

Aug 2013
Not as interesting as episode before but a really good one.
If Arslan keeps learning, he's definitely gonna be a good king.
Gieve and Farangis really light out the episode, haha.

Jun 7, 2015 3:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Gieve and Farangis together are hilarious. xD

Yeah, this guy was suspicious and wanted to gain more influence and power. The group friggin walled all of them! Elam is really useful.
Jun 7, 2015 4:04 AM

Nov 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
I immediately knew that Hodir guy was suspicious.
We all did. He was so subtle about his evilness /sarcasm :D
Jun 7, 2015 4:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They've managed to catch up with the manga now: Question is, will they follow the novels or will they go anime original at some point? I don't think they'll be able to get multiple seasons out of this in the current market.

The last scenes with the slaves are a highlight of this ep for me. Abolishing slavery will be a much harder job than they think it will be.
FarabeufJun 7, 2015 4:14 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 7, 2015 4:29 AM

Dec 2010
Glad to see that the animation quality in this episode is better than the last. I hope they'll be consistent with it all throughout the duration of the series.

Also really nice to see Arslan's development. Farangies x Gieve moments were fun to watch as well (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 4:31 AM

Mar 2013
Farabeuf said:
They've managed to catch up with the manga now: Question is, will they follow the novels or will they go anime original at some point? I don't think they'll be able to get multiple seasons out of this in the current market.

Novels. They already confirmed that and revealed cast and designs for some characters.
Jun 7, 2015 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
Funny seeing how overprotective Daryun was of Arslan. Gieve was also pretty funny this episode.

It was obvious that Hodir was up to something. Although didn't think he would go as far as to try to kill Arslan.

Didn't expect Arslan to try to free those slaves and also didn't expect them to react they way they did. I guess things aren't going to be as easy as they hoped.

Also really liked Narsus' metaphor using the stars. That was really nice :)
Jun 7, 2015 5:24 AM

Apr 2011
That was a good episode.

And LOL at Gieve when he went in the window of Farangis's room.

Jun 7, 2015 6:07 AM
Apr 2014
These djinns are getting silly.
Arslan needs to man the fuck up and assume his role as a ruler, maybe some torture like what his "father" is having right now would do the job.
Jun 7, 2015 6:46 AM

Feb 2014
Didn't except slaves to react that way
Jun 7, 2015 6:56 AM

Jul 2010
It was nice seeing some Pars soldiers in action, though it ended rather quickly.

Seeing how the slaves reacted when given freedom, it really was interesting. Given freedom, one might actually lose their ability to even survive without given food and shelter. Since the slaves are free to go whenever they want in Narsus's reign, they are just like a labour force instead. Makes me want to see a cruel master, where the slaves are actually truly happy to be freed in the long run. But everything goes back to the foundational laws (thus the foundation of the country) for the lowest-class to even be able to survive on their own. Especially the foreigners/captives, the racial barrier and how going back to their own kin is near impossible.
Jun 7, 2015 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
Arslan and the others are saved by Pars soldiers and Lord Hodir.
I already had the feeling that Hodir cannot be trusted. He too, betrays Arslan and only seeks benefit for himself.
The slave scene was pretty intense; I didn't expect them to go againt Arslan, who just wanted to free them.

Jun 7, 2015 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
The slaves must have had it real good to be that pissed at Arslan. There goes that idea.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 7, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad that this story doesn't confront and expect the slave problem to be completely white and black. As in all the slaves are automatically expected to be happy forever once they're freed. Its also nice that events like where Arslan almost got lynched by those slaves, in addition the other members of his group are being used to create character development for Arslan through his naivety.
Jun 7, 2015 8:24 AM

Apr 2015
Action shown was nice, albeit a bit brief. Arslan goes to help the slaves but ends up making their situation worse, which shows he's still learning from the slavery issue. Liked the end card.
Jun 7, 2015 9:08 AM

Dec 2013
Oh god it's Hodor! :P

AntonKutovoi said:
Farabeuf said:

Novels. They already confirmed that and revealed cast and designs for some characters.

For real?
I'm glad this won't be anime original, though considering the length of time that it will take to tell the entire story, I really don't see them arriving at the end of it by the time this show finishes airing...

Dammit, now I know, I'm so hyped for Alfreed's arrival!

This episode itself was nothing special. Traitors everywhere and selfish nobles trying to maintain the status quo, which Arslan and his fledgling ideals are threatening to topple. Also learned a lesson in the blind freeing of slaves, though Elam will help set him straight regarding his ideals come next episode.
Looking forward to Bahman and his role in the coming episodes as well.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
it's a good thing arslan's companions all have nightvision goggles for all of these night battles where none of the opposing soldiers can see a thing :)
Jun 7, 2015 9:41 AM

Mar 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

Dammit, now I know, I'm so hyped for Alfreed's arrival!

Funny that you mentioned it, since she is exactly one of the revealed characters
Jun 7, 2015 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
Like others have said, props to the show for not treating the slave matter black & white. Narsus obviously tried it and it backfire on him, but then again he wasn't a monarch. I'm just as curios as he probably he on how Arslan will proceed with this issue. But getting allies & taking back Pars hold's priority for now so that'll have to wait.
Jun 7, 2015 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
Hodir was so suspicious, fortunately Arslan and his friends are smarter and stronger that him.
Jun 7, 2015 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
Arslan and his quest to reclaim his kingdom continue.
There are traitors everywhere and wanting Arslan dead.
Arslan free the slaves and they try to kill him...
This just keep getting interesting.
Jun 7, 2015 11:25 AM

Feb 2015
Farangies x Gieve moments give me life.

The freeing of the slaves was really well handled tbh. Still among my favorites for this season.
Jun 7, 2015 11:31 AM

Jun 2008
Well being free means they have to find a job and that means someone willing to pay them for their labor. That is not as easy. At least as slaves they have a guaranteed shelter to sleep and food to eat. Now they won't have that and they will have to fight for survival with the risk of dieing from hunger or from cold sleeping outside.
That risk is something many of them probably want to avoid.

We never got to see that 13 year old daughter. I was curious if she could actually be beautiful like he said because his looks didn't exactly inspire that possibility.

rayeine said:
Farangies x Gieve moments give me life.

I wonder if she's just being tsundere to him.
Jun 7, 2015 11:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That is one beautiful end card =o

Episode was pretty good and we got some great character development for Arslan....Sucks what happened with the slaves but Narsus had a point there

Lots of funny moments and great action scenes but what I find interesting is the post credit scene as well as the talk that Daryun and Narsus had in their room....That would be pretty interesting if Arslan is the son of the late king as well =o
Jun 7, 2015 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
I think Gieve already banged the 13 year old :)
There is no good women, he went and checked :)
Jun 7, 2015 12:21 PM

Nov 2010
Can't believe that Arslan's group got away this way and relatively easy
To me it was quite intense with Hodir's plots
Jun 7, 2015 12:39 PM

Jan 2012
Found it more logical when they found the sleeping drug at the beginning rather than so long after they were done talking..
Jun 7, 2015 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Hodir betrayed Arslan.

Arslan freed the slaves and the slaves tried to kill him.
Jun 7, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2014
Poor Arslan, he tried to free slaves and in return he gets attacked by them, that must've been quite a shock. Hopefully his ideals remain the same.

Also, Narsus is quickly becoming my favorite character from this show.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jun 7, 2015 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
In the manga Narsus gave the slaves he freed enough money to fend for themselves however they spent it all and ended up coming back, some of them even questioned if Narsus even cared for them. While he provided a way for them to live they couldn't do it by themselves. It's still ideal to give them that chance and hopefully Arslan continues that belief.
Jun 7, 2015 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
So, anime has caught up with manga now. I guess anime won't do fillers and follow the main story. Has anything like this happened before? An anime gets ahead of a manga?(Sorry for English)
Jun 7, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2013
Narsus is very smart and experienced in warfare and the slaves are just stupid man
Jun 7, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
A dark scene where I could actually see what's happening?! Has this anime finally learnt from its lighting mistakes?

Peshawar, good, one of my favourite parts of the OVAs. I really hope they don't whitewash the princes, though...
Jun 7, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
Archmedinian said:
So, anime has caught up with manga now. I guess anime won't do fillers and follow the main story. Has anything like this happened before? An anime gets ahead of a manga?(Sorry for English)

Arslan Senki was originally a book first published in 1985, so I'm assuming the anime will follow the book series. This happens pretty often. Mangas aren't the only sources that spawn anime adaptations.
Jun 7, 2015 5:33 PM

May 2010
Another great episode from the works of Yoshiki Tanaka. Yang Wenli's ancestor has sure shown his wits in this episode, even though I wish they include more info.

My only question is, what happens to Hodir's daughter now? LOl everyone forgot about her.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 7, 2015 7:12 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

We never got to see that 13 year old daughter.

Gieve did. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2015 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
Not my favourite episode but still a good one with a lot happening. Narsus really shines here.

Archmedinian said:

It's not uncommon at all for the anime to overtake or come close to overtaking the manga. It's usually why filler episodes (or filler arcs) happen in certain shows eg. Naruto, Bleach.
That or the anime will just go ahead and do its own thing and the manga either follows suite or it goes for a different ending. That's what happened with the first FMA anime, it followed the manga at first but once it overtook it Arakawa let the directors make their own ending while she ended the manga differently.

But like other commenters have said, Arslan's based on a novel so it'll be following material from there.
Jun 7, 2015 11:19 PM

May 2014
amelindabtr said:
well, not bad.

I just read that part because of this post.

Gieve is so amusing.
It's unfortunate that they really didn't adapt that.. It would've been a good scene.

Jun 8, 2015 7:37 AM

Sep 2014
That was an alright episode. Still dunno dafuq happened to the daughter tho lol.
Jun 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, I thought they might take the King's daughter with them.
Jun 8, 2015 4:07 PM

Nov 2014
Oh I have really high hopes for Arslan, he keeps getting better in terms of ruling and knowing people.
However, a castle now lost its leader, I bet it would be mess there. Also, I wanted to see Hodir's daughter :p
Jun 8, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2012
Actually I expected that slave do not be happy about death of their master. They just konw what the slave do, not other things, so their lives are restricted with slavery. They cannot even think what they can do without any master.
Arslan is so naive and kind of stupid, he does not know anything about how real world works. If he doesn't learn it will end up awful for Arslan when taking back city and his reign.
Jun 8, 2015 7:56 PM

Dec 2012
So far Arslan & friends have been easily overcame all the problems they faced. I really do not want them to look too OP or lucky. I hope they will face a problem that truly hard to overcome.
I like anime.
Jun 8, 2015 9:03 PM

Sep 2013
The slaves were weird...
Jun 8, 2015 9:05 PM
Nov 2010
I thought it was thoughtful of them to show how hard it is to abolish slavery. The fight scenes were pretty entertaining. And I thought the pressure and plotting of Hordir really helped a lot with the enjoyment. Like Game of Thrones but much more heavy-handed. But I think the Prince was in no position to to really help Hordir and Hordir made that jump that he had nothing to lose by pushing for his own agenda so crudely.
Jun 8, 2015 10:58 PM
May 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
I immediately knew that Hodir guy was suspicious. The squad was able to hold their own quite well during the climactic fight. Daryun continues to show how badass he is. And that was quite an unexpected reaction from the slaves. Solid episode, and great comedy from Gieve once again haha. I hope he and Falangies end up together

Agree
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

121 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 16, 3:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.