Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 25, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2014
Isla please.

Hi there
Apr 25, 2015 4:38 PM
Nov 2014
Michiru worst grill I have ever seen.

EP was OKAY/Not BAD.
Apr 25, 2015 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
I was very intrigued to hear about the "Wanderers". The description for them sound like people when they get old... they may get Alzheimers (sp?) and behave differently than back when they were sane. I think all of us who know at least one older family member who succumbed to dementia would be able to relate.

Good grief, that guy at the end... so overtly creepy.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 25, 2015 4:57 PM

Dec 2014
Orphan raised solely by Giftias. Hmm...

"Children" depicted in anime rarely act like real children. Besides the loss of an important family member what about the kid? He can't live by himself. Does he have any relatives or the service will follow up after retrieving that android? Even at his age he should already know this kind of stuff but we never see that aspect of him. He should be more upset than he is now. If I were Kuwanomi I won't send a rookie and an emotionally detached android to do this job. But it works just fine so yeah.

Wanderer? The government allows that? Is there any legal responsibility for the manufacturer to retrieve all expired android? Seems like loose android can be a serious problem, especially when they are almost indistinguishable from human.

Five times the budget of other departments? What kind of work do you do secretly? Supplying ISIS with virgin robots? Yamanobe-san?

Is there any character progression with this Tsukasa? I've seen other Tsukasa who is way more proactive and competent even though they are sometimes horrible at what they are doing. It certainly will make the show more interesting, and I wouldn't mind if they want to force a romance subplot if the leads are at least relatable, or when Isla finally be scrapped I will have more emotional response if themselves are believable character in a believable world.

I know the details of the mechanic behind how Giftias functions so human-like is not important, they are like that because it's the plot, just like how giant robot is justified in anime. But can we have a little bit of background information about why they are so widespread and what's this world looks like? What Giftias means to preople, what Giftias means to society, what kind of significant Giftias have in people's heart. There is an opportunity to enrich the world and don't you know, when you want to make someone cry the more immerse into the story they are the better?
Apr 25, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2013
And yay im crying again!
The ending pissed me off though
Apr 25, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
kyle8998 said:
Isla please.

Best smile of the season so far haha.

Glad to see they didn't try to rush the retrieval in just one episode.

Apr 25, 2015 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode. Those fake Retrivers at the end though, such a cliffhanger.

So they are transfering their memories into the ring to give it to their owner as a gift? Intersting keepsake.

It seems that Kazuki got too attached to Isla so they quit working with each other. I wonder if she makes similiar relation with Tsukasa.

Chief Yamanobe is in big problem though. I wonder if they'll have to lower the costs and fire out some people or giftias. Drama's coming.

Splitting episode seems like something very relevant will happen in regards to plot next time. And since they talked about Wanderers this time, they forshadowed it pretty all.
Apr 25, 2015 6:26 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty heartwarming episode in the end. I really like how this situation is the reverse of the first retrievals by Tsukasa and Aila in which the guardian is the Giftia this time.

That cliffhanger with the black market dude... But it's better this way that they didn't rush a ton of material and cram a ton into just one episode.
Apr 25, 2015 6:28 PM

Apr 2013
I'm really disappointed in this show so far. The entire cast is made up of bland, familiar archetypes and the very nature of it seems designed to be as safe as possible while still trying to appear emotionally deep. Also, in the multitude of years since the nine year limit was set on Giftia, I find it ridiculous that the technology never improved to increase the longevity of their personalities. It just seems like an arbitrary route to take to make the story sadder.
Apr 25, 2015 6:48 PM

May 2014
The birthday party was really heartwarming, I just wanted to shed some tears.
Man, children being raised by androids can lead to such sad stories, especially if the child lost their parents and then they realized that their android parent has a certain lifespan, like Souta's case.
Interesting to hear about Michiru's backstory. The androids turning into Wanderers sounds scary. It reminded me of something like iRobot, lol.
Oh no, one of those black market retrievers showed up at the end. :o
Apr 25, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2012
So does Zack look really run down and stuff or is that just me?
Apr 25, 2015 7:04 PM

Oct 2013
Wanderers eh? inb4 attack of the giftias.
Apr 25, 2015 7:25 PM

Apr 2014
Jicetus said:
That dude in then end will proberly succeed in taking Marcia.

No doubt about that.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 25, 2015 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
Not as good as the first two, but definitely better than the third. A couple of sad moments, especially when Isla did the whole fake smile thing after her flashback with Kazuki.

I think Michiru is gonna be one of those characters that some really like and others really dislike. She is incredibly tsundere. I like her so far, but I won't be surprised if she gets annoying later on. Zack is really funny though.

This episode did bug me a little though, because Souta does not seem like a 8 or 9 year old. His VA did not do a convincing job, and although I thought his emotions were well justified and made sense, the dialogue he spouted made him feel way older than he actually is. There is no way a child his age could have formulated his emotions into sensical lines of dialogue. It didn't detract from the emotions that came at the end between him and his Giftia too much, but it does feel jarring at points.

It isn't my AOTS anymore, that goes to Ore Monogatari, but it is still a fantastic show, for seasonals at least. A fairly close second.
Apr 25, 2015 8:27 PM

Jun 2014
It was nice, but not on par with my expectation after the first episode.
Apr 25, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2015
This anime is so touching, hit me right in the gut.
And omg the black market guy cliffhanger piss me off so much, I hope the next episode is about them getting Marcia back and uncovering the black market network at the same time.
FUMING!!!!!!!

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Apr 25, 2015 8:50 PM

Oct 2011
You know when it's good when you start tearing up half thru the episodes then letting all out in the end T_______________________T

This episode reminded me of Re-Kan's episode. The Grandmother's Egg recipe T______T

BLACK MARKET NOOOOOOOOO
Apr 25, 2015 9:02 PM

Oct 2014
Great episode, but

read from right to left
Apr 25, 2015 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Another great episode, I quite like this plot, I look forward to following the development of anime, I think it will be much more dramatic, both cases of collection and the characters' relationships, I hope this plot bring quite emotion ..
Apr 25, 2015 9:34 PM
Aug 2011
Michiru please shut the fuck up. She's so awful that even her backstory did nothing for me.

If it wasn't for Isla I would have already given up on this.
Apr 25, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
When that faggot fake terminal old man came in I was like "really"
Come on not Mamiko's character
Marcia is too kind to have that bad thing happen
Apr 25, 2015 10:29 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode.

Maybe I was the only one, but the guy at the end reminded me of Jigo(?) from Princess Mononoke. Maybe its his teeth...
Apr 25, 2015 10:39 PM

Sep 2014
Who the HECK was that creepy old guy at the end?
Apr 25, 2015 11:37 PM

May 2010
Tsukasa relies too much on others. Michiru seems much more reliable, she should just replace him as the protagonist.

Isla trying to smile was adorable <3

The sifting scene was so cute. "Don't put your on hands on me all of a sudden." xD

The bad guy is here. Maaan, I don't want drama related to bad guys in this show. The show is already sad enough.

Oh, and I love the ED (although the OP is good as well)
Apr 26, 2015 12:48 AM

May 2012
Of course, the black market guy is a creepy-looking old man that you'd want to punch in the throat.

Apr 26, 2015 1:55 AM

Jun 2013
Michiru is just fucking annoying and i feel like a bad person because i have no feelings whatsoever
Apr 26, 2015 3:48 AM

Dec 2014
I admit, I started to cry when the little kid did. It must be hard for him, he's only young.

And that shady person at the end... I feel sorry for the little kid ;n;
Apr 26, 2015 3:49 AM

Jan 2013
Another touching episode ( ;_;)
But the ending, please don't let those black market dealers take Marcia
Apr 26, 2015 3:52 AM

Jul 2014
Starting to get really sick of Michiru's gall and Tsukasa's ineptitude. It's all used up now, and is in danger of ruining the show.
Apr 26, 2015 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
Average episode. Wish they would just focus more on the Isla's and Tsukasa's relationship.
Apr 26, 2015 5:07 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode overall, dat ending though. Hope the black market guy doesn't prevail in taking her. Wouldn't wanna see that, no sir.
Apr 26, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2014
Sigh...I don't know man, it's getting sorta tiring to watch this now. The fact is, most of the episode is stupid SoL and then like few minutes of ACTUAL drama and plot. I hope it gets better soon.
Apr 26, 2015 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
I really loved this episode, I have to admit I was moved to tears really badly at the birthday party; in contrast they were many funny moments that made me laugh for good (especially Isla's smile), an anime with many funny and sad moments... just the type I like.

From the ending of this episode we can presume that the serious events will starts in the next episode... looking forward to it.
Apr 26, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2015
I wonder what those unauthorized people do to the Giftias.
Apr 26, 2015 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
Wasn't that original but good episode, felt a bit like the first episode played once more though. The scene direction was well done in my opinion. Both of the girls are gorgeous.
Apr 26, 2015 9:02 AM

Jan 2013
What a moving episode. It was so heart-warming. But I'm worried about the ending...that sure was one of the black market guys.

Apr 26, 2015 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
Flawfinder said:
This show would be a lot better if the actual stuff related to the plot didn't take up only 1/10th of the runtime.

Yeah, I kinda feel this was more of fan-service style than the moving plot.
Apr 26, 2015 9:35 AM

May 2013
She finally said something. Maybe the changes are coming in to effect because of Tsukasa's efforts.
This got a little emotional half way during that surprise birthday scene.
That mysterious looking guy at the end. I so want to punch him for being creepy.
Apr 26, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, the ending was creepy.
Must be hard on Isla.
Apr 26, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
This was the best episode yet, the feels were pretty strong...
Who the hell was that guy at the end, though?
Apr 26, 2015 1:58 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode.

But you know, for once I would of wished that the black market person would be some extremely hot chick or handsome guy, rather than some creepy looking fucker. Less generic.
Jaywalker.
Apr 26, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2014
Rouzhan said:

I most certainly hope that it isn't anything like the robots in UN-GO. XD But in all seriousness, I don't think that it's anything TOO crazy. They probably force them into labor camps. At least...I think that's what would make the most sense anyway. Since they lose their personality and their will, but retain their basic functions, they would be the easiest to control...maybe.
Apr 26, 2015 3:42 PM

Aug 2014
FlamepriesT said:
I love this series. Pretty heartwarming as usual. 5/5

Favourites ;3
Apr 26, 2015 3:48 PM
Jan 2015
Mich666 said:

It seems that Kazuki got too attached to Isla so they quit working with each other. I wonder if she makes similiar relation with Tsukasa.

yeah ... feels like that was the moment that Isla stopped caring / shut down emotionally ... but it is nice to see the cracks in her veneer beginning to appear for Tsukasa
Apr 26, 2015 5:01 PM

Nov 2012
So when a giftia's life runs out, they become Bolton Wanderer fans. The more you know.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Apr 26, 2015 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
Rouzhan said:

Sell them into sexual slavery.
Apr 26, 2015 6:02 PM

Nov 2007
They could have done it better if they kept the black market stuff unmentioned because it kind of gave away what to expect by the end of the episode. Poor script-writing. Besides, Michiru being too generic a character isn't helping the cause either.

Also, the nice character design of Marcia and then the old bear's lousy face in the end served their purposes. The anime hasn't really impressed me much since the end of first episode tbh.

Lowering the overall rating to a 7/10 and will hope it actually picks up.

OT but, of all the new anime, this season's most enjoyable ones thus far have been Oremono, Shokugeki and Yamada-kun. Just wanted to mention this since some fans are giving this anime way too much credit.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2014
I liked the episode a lot, but I didn't understand something: why doesn't SAI Corp just put up ads or something that warn everyone who is expecting their Giftia to be taken away to check the spotter/marksman for proper ID. That guy in the end just barged into the kid's home with some weak excuse - seems legit.

Anyway, the episode was pretty touching, and not in the overly-emotional way. I like how it's keeping up a calm, steady pace in terms of drama. Isla is pretty much Yin (Darker than Black) reincarnated, only not nearly kuudere enough and still awesome. The tsundere is annoying as usual, but I guess every 2nd anime has to have one, right?

I'm enjoying this show a lot so far, hopefully it doesn't mess up.

4.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 26, 2015 7:07 PM

Aug 2014
The end of this episode shows the possibility of conflict is going to happen next episode
Apr 26, 2015 10:57 PM

Apr 2012
Michiru Tsundere is cute :D

Isla trying to smile xD

Heartwarming episode until that end...
something bad will happen in next episode.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.