Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you?

New
Jun 8, 2023 2:48 PM

Jan 2022
When I watched Plastic Memories for the first time, my mind was in a really bad place. Not so bad as to the point where I was going to do anything bad to myself or others. But being just being told all of your life that crying is for the weak and that no one will give you any leniency for being vulnerable. So obviously if you're told that for years as a child it's going to stick with you. I'm now an older teen and I still have issues with being able to let out some tears. I watched Plastic Memories for the first time when I was 14 and I hadn't cried at all for probably around 3-4 years at that point. And the show just gave me an overwhelming message that nothing special lasts forever. That kind of pushed me over the edge and the last episode I ended up weeping for around 30 minutes. Although the anime was sad I was also experiencing a lot and it all together kinda just forced tears out of me. Honestly where I'm going with this is I just wanna hear everyone's opinion on this anime and how it made you feel. We all have different experiences in life and I feel like it's important that yours is heard even if we might not agree. Thanks a bunch :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 8, 2023 2:58 PM
Jan 2023
I cried. Literally. I was pretty sad for a little while before I got over it.
Jun 8, 2023 2:59 PM

Jul 2022
Enjoyed every episodes even if they were so sad, and well, then the last episode arrived. Tears.
Jun 8, 2023 3:05 PM
Jul 2021
probably made me realise that relationships are precious asf and that we don't last forever to experience that with our limited life span(relates to Isla's lifespan). also makes you think about how precious and important little gestures and moments matter for some. but fr the ending scene broke me 😔😔(but what made me the saddest is the line "I'm glad I met you in the end") ....
Jun 8, 2023 3:10 PM
Dec 2021
Akana2246 said:
When I watched Plastic Memories for the first time, my mind was in a really bad place. Not so bad as to the point where I was going to do anything bad to myself or others. But being just being told all of your life that crying is for the weak and that no one will give you any leniency for being vulnerable. So obviously if you're told that for years as a child it's going to stick with you. I'm now an older teen and I still have issues with being able to let out some tears. I watched Plastic Memories for the first time when I was 14 and I hadn't cried at all for probably around 3-4 years at that point. And the show just gave me an overwhelming message that nothing special lasts forever. That kind of pushed me over the edge and the last episode I ended up weeping for around 30 minutes. Although the anime was sad I was also experiencing a lot and it all together kinda just forced tears out of me. Honestly where I'm going with this is I just wanna hear everyone's opinion on this anime and how it made you feel. We all have different experiences in life and I feel like it's important that yours is heard even if we might not agree. Thanks a bunch :)

This anime is so underrated
Jun 8, 2023 3:23 PM
May 2023
I feel this anime is so very underrated, I didn't cry but i wanted to and it really hit me in the feels. it's hard to find animes worth crying over like this (if you guys have any similar animes that can make you cry please tell me)
Jun 8, 2023 3:30 PM
Jan 2021
I finished it reassuring myself that this was the worst anime I’ve ever seen
Jun 8, 2023 3:35 PM
Mar 2013
sayu-simp said:
I feel this anime is so very underrated, I didn't cry but i wanted to and it really hit me in the feels. it's hard to find animes worth crying over like this (if you guys have any similar animes that can make you cry please tell me)

do check these titles out - Kanon 2006, Clannad, and Air. They’re from KyoAni. Guaranteed to deliver if you’re looking for a tearjerker.
Jun 8, 2023 3:51 PM
Jun 2022
i thought it was shit lol
Jun 8, 2023 4:23 PM
Mar 2019
When I started I though ‘ okay let’s watch one more anime drama ‘ BUT at the end I literally was crying, it was too moving, I really liked
Jun 8, 2023 5:24 PM
Feb 2021
So much wasted potential.
Jun 8, 2023 7:42 PM
Apr 2023
sayu-simp said:

your name and a silent voice
Jun 8, 2023 7:44 PM
Apr 2023
well i really love that anime , i cried a lot why, the love was just so strong, everything just seemed to have happened to fast , i didn't want it to end but it did
Jun 8, 2023 7:47 PM
Apr 2023
I really loved and cherished every moment of the anime and I still do

Jun 8, 2023 8:42 PM
Nov 2020
Probably one of the most disappointing show I have ever watched. This shit fell off after ep 1 and keep the tone for another 12 eps. Ep 10 of Violet Evergarden bypasses every moment in this overrated mid show
Jun 8, 2023 9:07 PM
Mar 2023
Towards the end I knew that she was going to retrieved I was hoping deep inside that something would happen that would allow her to not be turned in and shut off but that something would happen like where I’d love was strong enough it could help with the deterioration process and allow her to function for longer. But the more I thought about it, it wouldn’t be fair for the other people and their giftias they had equally loving relationships and were together for the whole 9 years compared to Isla and Tsukasa where they only known each other for months. It was sad to see them have so much fun and really act like a couple towards her remaining time and how the whole office chipped in to help and giving them time off. And I know at the end they didn’t decide to replace her but just to replace her hard drive and refurbish her to have a different personality. I’m glad they didn’t do a cliche love will overcome everything and how she’s the only Giftia that’s capable to overcome the time limit and got a happily ever after. And instead she had to go through what all other giftias go through. And even if A) she did get to remain intact longer it’s not like she can reproduce and create a family. But I see it as a big learning for Tsukasa about love. I know the manga ended with it hinting Isla is back but with her memories wiped out and most likely with a slightly different personality. My heart was torn but after that I had to watch Lycoris Recoil immediately afterwards.
Jun 8, 2023 9:11 PM

Jan 2021
The anime didn't really hold back, tears were definitely shed. 
Jun 8, 2023 9:22 PM
Jun 2021
I really tried to love and enjoy this anime, but I couldnt and it was kinda mid
Jun 8, 2023 11:41 PM
May 2023
087Iwakun890 said:
sayu-simp said:

already watched the 2 and they didn't make me feel as much as this one did ngl
Jun 8, 2023 11:41 PM
Aug 2021
This anime has great character designs and animation. But the only problem for me was that it was being made obvious/spoiled in the first ep that the robot girl would die eventually because of which i couldn't let all my emotions out knowing it would happen and i just accepted it. Nonetheless, the anime is likable and a bit underrated.
Jun 9, 2023 12:13 AM
Mar 2021
I love plastic memories
I love how they tell stories of how
everyone's connections to loved ones are unique
irreplaceable and beyond any value
and they all come to an end
and how hard that is to accept
I felt
love
joy
anxiety
fear
sorrow
I know personally from experience what soul crushing loss of loved ones feels like
this story takes us there
and tells us that love is worth the price
many many tears
thank you so much for making this post ♡♡♡
Jun 9, 2023 12:15 AM
Nov 2022
I cry everytime man.
Jun 9, 2023 12:17 AM
Nov 2022
sayu-simp said:
087Iwakun890 said:

I absolutely agree. There’s something special about this show. Your name did not make me cry at all. And i only got emotional on A silent voice. Meanwhile plastic memories left a big impact on me for years.
Jun 9, 2023 12:56 AM
Jul 2021
I remember enjoying this show a lot back when I first watched it. Made me so emotional and honestly wanted more episodes.
Jun 9, 2023 1:15 AM
Aug 2021
i actually got super invested into the world and the characters of this anime, i woke up looking forward to continue watching it each day which i am pretty nostalgic about.
Jun 9, 2023 1:50 AM
Jun 2022
I dont like anime of this type because you already know how it ends
Jun 9, 2023 3:48 AM
Jul 2021
very sad impressions. Much cry
Jun 9, 2023 4:50 AM
Jun 2022
It reminds me to keep records of your love one. 🫠
VickyAlexJun 9, 2023 4:57 AM
Jun 9, 2023 6:19 AM

Jan 2022
faery_wish said:
I love plastic memories
I love how they tell stories of how
everyone's connections to loved ones are unique
irreplaceable and beyond any value
and they all come to an end
and how hard that is to accept
I felt
love
joy
anxiety
fear
sorrow
I know personally from experience what soul crushing loss of loved ones feels like
this story takes us there
and tells us that love is worth the price
many many tears
thank you so much for making this post ♡♡♡
That's an amazing perspective on it! I'm so happy that a series can make some of us feel so many emotions, even if they're sad emotions sometimes.
Jun 9, 2023 7:13 AM
Sep 2021
It was the first time I ugly-cried watching anything, so yeah, quite the rollercoaster for me..
Jun 9, 2023 8:42 AM
Feb 2021
I don't remember anything without annoying tsundere and tryhard ending, not a bad show but such a big disappointment for me.
Jun 9, 2023 12:58 PM
May 2023
RopeBuny said:
sayu-simp said:

I absolutely agree. There’s something special about this show. Your name did not make me cry at all. And i only got emotional on A silent voice. Meanwhile plastic memories left a big impact on me for years.

there's something different about losing such an important character to someone and knowing they'll never be reunited
Jun 9, 2023 1:12 PM

Aug 2018
My impression is that it's just a good show but with so many characters it feels spread a bit thin. It needs more than just 13 episodes to rise to the level of "great". Plastic Memories is better.
Jun 10, 2023 12:06 AM
Jun 2022
I was crying like few hours after the last episode, but still its one of best anime i ever seen.
Jun 10, 2023 12:38 AM
Jan 2019
I cried a lot and ended up forgetting this show existed.
Jun 10, 2023 4:06 AM
ProfessionalDumb
Jun 2022
Akana2246 said:

When my initial watch through happened last year. My mental state was close to yours. I had recently lost father and I was supressing my emotions, and since my father was addicted to alcohol there was a hectic environment in the house.
To say the least I had close calls with how I thought about life.

Adding all that, after I watched the second episode I've realized that I may cry watching this. And in the last episode... Well to say the least I never got that emotional in my life as I was supressing everything. I mean literally everything. I was 16, and with immaturity, that was the breaking point for me.

Of course, classic me rated it a 10. But now after a year, I grew quite a lot. And I reconsidered, what really happened to me watching this?
I've realized the progress I made, which is always fun to look back at. But to get to the point, main thing I took out was that it is perfectly OK for me to enjoy this show, as some writers are writing stuff like this so they can reach out to people. It doesn't need to do everything perfectly. If it can deliver the message, you've achieved your goal.

To conclude, I think it is perfectly fine to rate this series at the time how you felt watching as I consider what it has done to me as well. My current rating is a 9/10 after giving it some more thought and I think it's an overall better place for it as I have other series which means more to me now that I've got to experience more.

Have a nice one.
Jun 10, 2023 4:21 AM
Nov 2022
sayu-simp said:
RopeBuny said:

there's something different about losing such an important character to someone and knowing they'll never be reunited

Yeah. I almost wanna call this the best anime original show out there, but i recently realized that code geass was also a anime original.
Jun 10, 2023 2:12 PM
Mar 2022
"PLASTIC MEMORIES" literally made me cry on the first ep. the story it had, the scenes, the tension evrything was so good. It's great that it ended where it should have and didn't continue like forever or something. Great anime and is a must watch for everyone..
Jun 10, 2023 9:35 PM
Nov 2018
To keep it short, I felt short bursts of happiness with every wholesome scene, but a sadness lingering at the end of every episode. The ending brought me to tears, signifying that nothing lasts forever.
Jun 11, 2023 4:22 AM
Dec 2022
Akana2246 said:

I watched it some months ago when I was around 15. I was properly invested in anime but watched very quite a romance anime but didn't watch too many bittersweet/depression giving anime. So i wanted to try it. I watched some sad anime and they made me quite sad but didn't make me cry or left an impression that i would remember forever. At that point I still hadn't cried while watching any anime or piece of fiction. So I thought this would also be on the same boat. But how wrong I was! At episode 13 when the ferris wheel scene happened tears started flowing automatically from my eyes. I had to weep my eyes 2 times and then I finished the final episode. The was probaly the most impactful episode of all time for me. This anime took something precious from us,but it also showed us not everything lasts forever. So if you have something or someone special try to make good memories with them. Because then when you will look at them,these memories will stay with you forever until your last breath. And these momories will be token of love towards the special one you care the most. This is what this anime taught me. It probably had the biggest impression on me and my personality.If i have to give credit to things that made me even a slightly made me a better person it woild be one of them. It is still one of my favourite anime(my top 5. I gave it a 10/10)till this day.

Anyway thank you for reading my thoughts. When I first finshed plastic memories I was in depression for 3 whole days. And i couldn't talk about it with any of my friends because no one had watched it. I felt relieved after writing about it. I would like to talk more about plastic memories with you guys😊❤️
Jun 11, 2023 5:37 PM
Sep 2021
This anime was literally the first one I ever cried over and it's ironic this was posted now because I was just thinking about rewatching it cuz I freaking loved this anime even though it was so sad.
Jun 11, 2023 5:44 PM

Jan 2022
sanzid2011 said:
Akana2246 said:

I watched it some months ago when I was around 15. I was properly invested in anime but watched very quite a romance anime but didn't watch too many bittersweet/depression giving anime. So i wanted to try it. I watched some sad anime and they made me quite sad but didn't make me cry or left an impression that i would remember forever. At that point I still hadn't cried while watching any anime or piece of fiction. So I thought this would also be on the same boat. But how wrong I was! At episode 13 when the ferris wheel scene happened tears started flowing automatically from my eyes. I had to weep my eyes 2 times and then I finished the final episode. The was probaly the most impactful episode of all time for me. This anime took something precious from us,but it also showed us not everything lasts forever. So if you have something or someone special try to make good memories with them. Because then when you will look at them,these memories will stay with you forever until your last breath. And these momories will be token of love towards the special one you care the most. This is what this anime taught me. It probably had the biggest impression on me and my personality.If i have to give credit to things that made me even a slightly made me a better person it woild be one of them. It is still one of my favourite anime(my top 5. I gave it a 10/10)till this day.

Anyway thank you for reading my thoughts. When I first finshed plastic memories I was in depression for 3 whole days. And i couldn't talk about it with any of my friends because no one had watched it. I felt relieved after writing about it. I would like to talk more about plastic memories with you guys😊❤️
It's really special that a series can make you feel emotions like that. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us :D
Jun 12, 2023 9:01 AM
Oct 2021
after the end I sad
Jun 14, 2023 12:50 PM
Jan 2018
Cried like a baby watching this in 2018. If there is one lesson I learn from this :

Memories are eternal. Don't cry because it ended, but smile because it happened.
Jun 14, 2023 3:08 PM

Sep 2018
Akana2246 said:

I'm happy that this show broke a dam inside of you, I cried lots at the end too. No shame.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 14, 2023 3:16 PM

Apr 2018
I enjoyed it, I watched it years ago but I remember the first and last episodes were so good.
Jun 15, 2023 10:29 PM
Dec 2021
I see a lot of people disliking this show because the ending gets spoiled in the beginning, but I’d argue that’s one of the main great parts of it.

At the very start, the show tells you straight to your face “she is going die.” Every giftia get retrieved, no exceptions. This initially makes the viewer wonder “how do they get around this to make Isla survive?”as you get more and more invested in Tsukasa’s and Isla’s relationship. This is why you get that gut wrenching feeling at the end when you realize they aren’t going to magically find some deus ex machina that makes her live forever.

One of my favorite scenes in the show is where Tsukasa emotional state is starting to break down, him also realizing that there’s only one way for this to end. He begins to cave and starts to ask Isla to run away with him, something all people who’ve connected with giftia have thought at least once.

What makes this scene so incredible is we are experiencing the exact same feeling as him. finally coming to terms that this is how it has to end. Gifta retrieval is an exact parallel for the knowledge of your own mortality. Everyone has trouble trying to accept that their loved ones and even themselves will die one day.

This show is the perfect example of finding beauty and happiness in futility. Even in things so set in stone and so hopeless, The memories and bonds we create in those times.

In fact, the title tells you this fact of memories lasting forever outright. You first see plastic in “Plastic Memories” meaning cheap or almost knock off of the real thing (this being the actual experience instead of the memory). But after watching the show, you get a new meaning of it. Perserved. Non-degradable. Something that could truly last forever.
Jun 15, 2023 10:37 PM

Jan 2022
Matthagoras said:
I see a lot of people disliking this show because the ending gets spoiled in the beginning, but I’d argue that’s one of the main great parts of it.

At the very start, the show tells you straight to your face “she is going die.” Every giftia get retrieved, no exceptions. This initially makes the viewer wonder “how do they get around this to make Isla survive?”as you get more and more invested in Tsukasa’s and Isla’s relationship. This is why you get that gut wrenching feeling at the end when you realize they aren’t going to magically find some deus ex machina that makes her live forever.

One of my favorite scenes in the show is where Tsukasa emotional state is starting to break down, him also realizing that there’s only one way for this to end. He begins to cave and starts to ask Isla to run away with him, something all people who’ve connected with giftia have thought at least once.

What makes this scene so incredible is we are experiencing the exact same feeling as him. finally coming to terms that this is how it has to end. Gifta retrieval is an exact parallel for the knowledge of your own mortality. Everyone has trouble trying to accept that their loved ones and even themselves will die one day.

This show is the perfect example of finding beauty and happiness in futility. Even in things so set in stone and so hopeless, The memories and bonds we create in those times.

In fact, the title tells you this fact of memories lasting forever outright. You first see plastic in “Plastic Memories” meaning cheap or almost knock off of the real thing (this being the actual experience instead of the memory). But after watching the show, you get a new meaning of it. Perserved. Non-degradable. Something that could truly last forever.
That's exactly how it made me feel. Amazing perspective. Love it :)
Aug 2, 2023 3:43 AM

Jun 2023
I think something is wrong with me, I didn't cry a single tears except only at episode 1. I honestly have high hopes before watching but I'm really disappointed, AnoHana still gave me the worst trauma.
Dec 24, 2023 5:55 AM
Apr 2021
Of course this anime left me feeling melancholy, but I thought I would quickly forget about it. Yet I'm surprised to find that more than a year later I still think about it. So for me it was both a slow burn while watching but slow to fade in my thoughts. It was also surprisingly (to me) good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» Tsukasa new partner (episode 13) ( 1 2 )

KeitaIssei - Jun 27, 2015

52 by saikyozero »»
Jan 2, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.