Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, the OP song sequence..I like it.

Zapp remains fabulous as ever while Leonardo has those supernatural eyes. I suppose we'll get to see more characterization on Klaus soon if this is adapted right but this episode got interesting fast. Great OST and action with its style. Can't wait for the OST to come out soon.

Apr 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Oct 2009
holy shit. that was awesome episode so far. i couldn't focus on the plot at the beginning because of that catchy song, and tbh the whole music on that episode was just freakin' good. And that ending dance was just marvelous. I'm impressed. can't wait when new characters will appear.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Apr 11, 2015 12:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Full force chaos. I just couldn't keep up with that lol
Apr 11, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
These weekends have some awesome anime lineup. This is one of them. Loved this episode but still a 4/5.
Apr 11, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
Have to say, this is probably my favorite [new] show of the season so far. It's just so damn cool. I mean, I don't know what else to say about this show, it's really cool. The music is cool, the animation is cool, the story is cool & Zapp at least is cool. Really entertaining & the story is pretty interesting too.
Apr 11, 2015 1:03 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Zapp's continuous assault on Leo for some Dogimo pizza was hilarious! Is he a pedophile though? :O

Liked the teamwork Libra put in to rescue Leo, though more than half of the credits goes to Zapp for his blood thread. Steven's kick barrage and Klaus' Kreuzvernichterlanze were epic as hell too!

Looks like Leo has gotten himself a new company. Ghost girl White is pretty cute! :3

Decent episode. The OP and ED are awesome too! Also liked the usage of classical piece in the PV. Air suited it quite well!

Apr 11, 2015 1:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The OP visuals were amazing as expected and holy shit that ED was PERFECT for this series....The song was fun and catchy and the visuals matched the energy of and added more to it....The OST for this series is really really good if I must say...Visuals were amazing as usual

Zapp is a really awesome guy.....Not only is he a badass fighter, but he's crafty AND he is such a troll lol. The way he chased Leonardo all around the city to keep on stealing his pizza and beat him up was HILARIOUS. His fabulous level is over 9000....My boy even had an orgy with tons of hot girls xD

We got introduced to the Old Man and the guy in the black suit (I need to learn their names lol) and so far I liked what I saw of them....Particularly the guy in the suit beause when he rekt that monster thing I was really impressed.....I was impressed with everyone in this episode tbh and the way they found Leonardo was really cool.....Chain is pretty freaking fast tho O_O Klaus is OP

What I want to know is what Leo did to the guys that kidnapped him....I was kinda confused as to what he did with his eyes to stop their car but it looked like he fucked with their mind or something.....That's really interesting and I REALLY want to see and find out more about it

Overall this was a GREAT episode and I'm loving the dynamic between our main cast.....Also, we got to see the anime original character at the end...I would have never guessed that she was a ghost lol....So far I like her so hopefully she doesn't disappoint
TokoyaApr 13, 2015 2:11 PM
Apr 11, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
All I hear at the end is Shinpachi and Kagura lol
Apr 11, 2015 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
How did Michella fall ?? ! !

Yo!Tube and that bus are awesome
Apr 11, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2015
Fenix29 said:

my thoughts exactly

better than the first episode but still so unclear imo.
Apr 11, 2015 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
Excellent OP and ED.
Apr 11, 2015 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
great OP song and the song in this episode remind me of song from Cowboy beboy OST really love it and overall great episode 5/5 :)
Apr 11, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
DAT OP & ED! So much fun >.<!! This reminds me of Baccano XD So much craziness in one city XD

Wherever there's pizza there's Zapp XD Turns out he was being tsundere and being Leo's bodyguard lol

Really gotta love this guy though. The way he kept owning Leo and taking his pizza and the blood thread were all BA! He's a really fun character :3

Lol'd at Yo! Tube XD Still can't wait for the explanation about Leo's eyes. What did he do this ep? So not only seeing the past and future he can cause distortions strong enough to flip a car? :P

White seems interesting. A psycho KugiRie? Me want :3
Apr 11, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
Favorite ED this season and anime tied with Shokugeki no Souma, really enjoyed this episode.
Apr 11, 2015 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
Fuck yes. Loved it. That rescuing Leo scene was just non-stop awesome the whole way through, especially with that great insert song. I know it's only episode two, but I'm really starting to like these characters thanks to their amusing interactions and dynamics. The non-serious, almost comedic tone that this series has tends to help towards that too, I think. Even the pacing was much better this time and Matsumoto somehow made the pizza gag from the manga even funnier here. I also thought it was pretty interesting how she decided to do the generic re-capping monologue thing that most Shounens seem to have. Not to mention that OP and that amazing ED, while the OST and animation remain top-tier. Fuck, what a fun episode and that hospital scene after they rescued him was hilarious. I'm starting to think that this anime was made just for me and I'm having a blast, although I can understand why a lot of people aren't into it.

Still though, I'm not too sure about the original character (a ghost? holy shit, I did not expect that) although I assume they're going to work her into to an original ending considering 12 episode's are now confirmed. I'll wait till the time comes for that, but for now I'm having a lot of fun with Kekkai Sensen.

Also some OST samples if anyone's interested:
KoybzApr 11, 2015 2:32 PM
Apr 11, 2015 1:56 PM

Feb 2014
This confirmed the title of best anime of Spring 2015 for me so far, and another step up from the premiere. Favorite OP and ED of the season so far, and damn, those previews are hilarious.

Visuals are looking awesome as ever, soundtrack is also good. I'll sit back and enjoy the ride to its fullest then.
Apr 11, 2015 2:15 PM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode, and the best show of this spring so far. It has everything going for it: creative setting, mysteriousness, dynamic fights and action, colorful and memorable characters, great soundtrack and good humor.
And now that Leonard is stuck with Zap as his unofficial bodyguard I look forward to even more awesomeness and hilariousness.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 11, 2015 2:21 PM

May 2010
animeranker98 said:
These weekends have some awesome anime lineup. This is one of them. Loved this episode but still a 4/5.

Word. my saturday anime lineup is nuts sofar..quite alot to watch aswell.

oh yeah White has them crazy eyes..dont trust her!
Apr 11, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2015
Probably the best OP/ED this season. Especially with the ED being so catchy while showing some sad glimpses of the plot, and I haven't listened to Bump of Chicken in a while. Soundtrack is nice as well. Trippy and exciting episode. Can't wait for next week.
Apr 11, 2015 2:29 PM

Aug 2014
Best anime of this season. What an episode. That was brilliant.
Apr 11, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2014
Lol, zapp just coming out of nowhere to steal his pizza.

Apr 11, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2013
hm, I still have pretty much no idea what's going on, but I hope that's what they are aiming for - complete randomness. It certainly does it rather well, because I have been entertained so far by the excellent audiovisuals and fast paced stuff n' things happening.

Also, the opening song is damn good.

I do hope they are going to give a clearer picture of the things happening in the coming episodes, I'm not going to like it if all 12 episodes are going to be like this :/
cupcApr 11, 2015 2:41 PM
Apr 11, 2015 2:38 PM

Feb 2012
Better than last week, but I'm still waiting for a plot to appear. All the coolness in the world isn't going to be able to keep my attention forever.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 11, 2015 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
I really enjoy this anime! Definitely my favourite this season :D
Very funny, that pizza chase! And the sudden switch to "serious business" was nicely done!
I'm very curious about Leo's eyes, they look beautiful and in this episode you can see better what they can do. Can't wait for next week's episode~

The ending was awesome by the way
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
I quite like the ED sequence :)

It was fun, and the background music are very well chosen! :D I already like the ghost, White, (maybe because Rie is using her cheeky voice) she seems like an oddball.

Oct 2012
cupc said:
I do hope they are going to give a clearer picture of the things happening in the coming episodes, I'm not going to like it if all 12 episodes are going to be like this :/

Apparently the manga is more of an episodic kind of thing and it doesn't seem to have any overarching plot until quite some time on later in the manga. With only 12 episodes, the anime wouldn't reach the plot in time so it's pretty much guaranteed that they're planning to do an anime original ending with the new characters that they're bringing in. Unless they just want to do an episodic anime for 12 episodes, which I doubt, otherwise there would be no need to introduce original characters at all.

Aug 2012
I fucking love Zapp's blood power.
Apr 11, 2015 3:04 PM

Feb 2014
cupc said:
hm, I still have pretty much no idea what's going on, but I hope that's what they are aiming for - complete randomness. It certainly does it rather well, because I have been entertained so far by the excellent audiovisuals and fast paced stuff n' things happening.

Also, the opening song is damn good.

Well, at first I also clueless at what's Leo doing to the enemies. After pause and think for a while, I think Leo learns to use his eyes to give illusion / force his own vision into the enemies (so they confused and that bus fell).

This episode is just too fun, I think I could re-watch it again.
Nice to see almost all of Libra's member in action. And that Chain x Zapp, they're paired up in unique, and funny way, lol.

The OP and ED song are perfect. The first sequence of OP Animation is so gorgeous, as expected of the staff (and thanks to add Shinji Kimura! He's awesome).

The ED is more simple, but really fun to watch. Maybe one of the best OP & ED in this season. Along with Ore Monogatari!! OP & ED.
Apr 11, 2015 3:08 PM

Jul 2014
Hnnnnnngh! That opening is fucking great.
"Hi!"
Apr 11, 2015 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Zapp keeps assaulting Leonardo to get the pizza was hilarious.
Apr 11, 2015 3:30 PM

Mar 2011
Nice going with the All seeing God eyes. The music for the battle scene and the chase was quite nice as well. One of the few anime I actually look forward to these past couple of seasons.
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 11, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2014
The amount of overdirecting is much more acceptable in this episode, it actually reminds me of Samurai Champloo in some aspects, as long as the director stays away from the script this could be a decent rule of cool show.
Apr 11, 2015 3:36 PM

Apr 2011
animeranker98 said:

Same here Saturdays are so stacked and I love it.
This show is so awesome great Op and ED butthe plot is still unclear imo.
Apr 11, 2015 3:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The first episode was nice but chaotic, but this one was amazing !

And I fuckin love the OP. My fav this season. (Maybe tomorrow with Arslan Senki will be better tho, idk.)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 11, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
5/5 for the OP & ED.
Apr 11, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
Really chaotic but really fun to watch; OP and ED were pretty good too
Apr 11, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2014
WTF !!!! HOW DOES SHE KNOW HIS NAME??????????????????????????????????????????????????? Wierdd
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 11, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
Another week, and another episode of lacklusterness

Apr 11, 2015 3:53 PM

Jul 2014
"catch me if you can" :D :D :D
Apr 11, 2015 3:53 PM

Dec 2013
Opening is something to die for. Ending is also very cool.

Still random as all hell and packed with action, but in a good way, not like Rolling Girls for example.

Love the setting, the Baccano-esque atmosphere, and the ost.... snfoaufbiabsduiasb SO GOOD.
Apr 11, 2015 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
Yet another mediocre episode.
Apr 11, 2015 4:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Terrestrious said:
Have to say, this is probably my favorite [new] show of the season so far. It's just so damn cool. I mean, I don't know what else to say about this show, it's really cool. The music is cool, the animation is cool, the story is cool & Zapp at least is cool. Really entertaining & the story is pretty interesting too.

I wholeheartedly agree with this :D

Can't get over the awesome Bump of Chicken song, especially now that we get to see it with the OP. The ED was just full of fun, the song worked really well. Leo's eyes are damn cool, so shiny *_* and they can project things too, not just see. Zapp was hilarious at the beginning, and Leo's "oh thank you Zapp for everything--NOT!!" Was pretty funny too. I like the humor in this, and this episode proved that I didn't just like it so far because of the animation and action scenes. For some odd reason, I just really like it. Probably (idk really) I'm in the minority in liking Leo.
Apr 11, 2015 4:06 PM

Jul 2014
I've never had such a massive grin across my face in a looooong time. Amazing opening and ending and as a whole, the episode was highly enjoyable, only leaving me wanting more. I can't put this on hold and marathon it, I just want to watch it ASAP.

Zapp is a bro, and I love him. 10/5.
"Hi!"
Apr 11, 2015 4:19 PM

May 2012
Oh nice, a lot better than the first episode. All the characters so far is likeable, too.

The ost and ending were great. The ending is definitely up there for favorite endings this season.

Was wondering why White's voice sounded extremely familiar. Yup, Rie Kugimiya

Apr 11, 2015 4:19 PM

Apr 2013
I love the ED so much, Unison Square Garden is so good. Best ED Spring 2015.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Apr 11, 2015 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
Fenix29 said:

Same here lol
Apr 11, 2015 4:46 PM

Feb 2014
That ED is so awesome omg.

Mr. Zapp is a good guy, that's for sure.
Apr 11, 2015 4:46 PM
Oct 2014
Shinpachi and Hijikata are at it again! (+ Kagura)
You can really feel the quality! Epic animation; glorious soundtrack. 5/5
Apr 11, 2015 4:47 PM

Dec 2011
LOL, that failed sneak attack XD.

Poor Leonardo is having his deliveries stolen and he even got kidnapped T.T

Leo's eyes and the abilities of the members of Libra sure are neat.

The ending was nice with Leonardo meeting the ghost of a girl and becoming her friend XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 11, 2015 4:48 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Nice so he can use his eyes like that to. But the ghost at the end can he only see here becouse of his eyes or can everyone see here? That's my question.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.