Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 10, 2015 7:20 AM

May 2010
Miyaji ultimately became one of my fav KnB characters this episode.

Akashi's eye ability is really annoying. He predicts future/movements and makes all kind of OP stuff happen. No one is allowed to stand before him cuz he is all high and mighty. A completely win-win situation. Whatever.

Still liked the episode but the OPness was too OP for my taste. Rooting for Shuutoku but obviously they are gonna lose, we need to have a Kuroko x Akashi matchup after-all. I hope they at least put up a decent fight before losing.
Feb 10, 2015 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
This is not basketball anymore.

1/5
Feb 10, 2015 5:03 PM

Jun 2012
Taito10 said:

1/5

It was never basketball you peasant.
Feb 10, 2015 5:20 PM

Jan 2014
^ Be quiet, Bertolt
Feb 10, 2015 5:24 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode of Naruto this week.
Feb 10, 2015 7:20 PM
Sep 2009
katsuragi33 said:
doesnt akashi seem like gaara in naruto :?

anyone notice the resemblence? ;o

Not really, if anything he strongly reminds me of Sasori. They are almost identical.

Anyway I'm starting to get tired of this super power bullcrap =/

First season managed to keep it tame but from season 2 things just went way too far into supernatural zone. If author wanted to keep it supernatural he should have gone all out from the start like Saki, then I would have no complaints. Like this I feel slightly cheated... it's like "Oh wow another suer power, who would have guessed! What next? Making opponent score in their own net?"

Don't get me wrong, I loved this episode. While I'm not exactly big fan of whole looking into future power, Akashi was too cool. Actually it is his attitude that really saves this episode. I'm definitely looking forward to the final showdown to see how Akashi will lose.

Otherwise I don't really care for next games... Akashi will clearly win this one (though I am enjoying his play) and Kagami won against Kise way back during practise match and he is injured now to boot. Nothing much to look forward to =/

I kinda miss a showdown like Aomine/Kise, now that one was a beauty to watch.
kitten320Feb 10, 2015 7:34 PM
Feb 11, 2015 5:42 AM

Oct 2013
Torrible said:
ibearclaw said:

The author can't win? Haters are gonna hate. That's just it. Sometimes you have more haters than usual because people don't like what they see and think they could do better. I think Fujimaki won. He wrote a bloody good manga and got a well deserved holiday :)

And T-Mac... ;_;
He's only 35 tho! Still time for a comeback!
Ah, who am I kidding... just me lol.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Feb 11, 2015 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Shuhan said:
Taito10 said:

1/5

It was never basketball you peasant.
Feb 11, 2015 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
It feels good to have Murasakibara as the commentator for this game.

Now I just want to see Murasakibara versus Akashi.

Bring shame to that little lizard piece of shit.
Feb 12, 2015 5:10 AM

Dec 2013
WTF The Emperor's Eyes...

OP.

GG WP Rakuzan too strong. Not Rakuzan but Akashi... able to see into the future. Thats on a whole other level.

5/5. So good.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Feb 13, 2015 12:29 AM

Jan 2009
fucking Akashi ankle breaking like a boss, but Takao and Midorima combination is coming up
Feb 13, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
kazetora said:
(iii)I fuckin' love that OST playing when Akashi ankle breaks Miyaji & Kimura... sounds so epic and Godly.

BTW, all that complain about this anime being illogical and full of asspull, exactly what do you expect?! Dont be innocent. This is what makes anime enjoyable to watch. As a show, Kurobas has become one of the best anime ever made in my opinion.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Feb 13, 2015 4:29 PM

Jul 2008
Sure the other's abilities are ridiculous if not supernatural, but wannabe sharingan!? Come on for fucks sake... Akashi is too much like an overproud Uchiha for me to care beyond wanting him to die.
Feb 13, 2015 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
OMG 0______________0

Akashi's words are law : 0

Hope to see the 5th Rakuzan's player face. Spotted him a few times here and there
Feb 14, 2015 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
Takao's middle part is excellent for creating dramatic tension; Midorima's surprised face destroys it utterly. He looked like a plushie.

this was really an exceptional episode for me

Draw me like one of your Ito girls
Feb 14, 2015 8:51 AM

Jun 2011
Akashi. <3
Ankle Break. <3
Emperor Eye. <3
Midorima. <3
Can't wait for the

By the way, I thought I saw a glimpse of Rakuzan's fifth member in this episode, just his back though, but he looks strangely familiar with certain someone.. (that's a hint :p).
ToG25thBaamFeb 14, 2015 8:54 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 15, 2015 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Wow that was intense!!! Akashi was toying with them at the start but now that he started using his eye it's on a whole other level.
Feb 15, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
In my opinion they should add here the supernatural genre xD
Feb 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Jun 2013
I really enjoyed the first and second season's, they were fun. I always recognised Kuroko no Basket as a shonen sports anime so things will be unrealistic but Akashi's 'Emperor Eye' crosses the line for me. The rest of the Generation of Miracles personal skills were unrealistic and over the top but Akashi's seeing into the future crosses the border between over the top and stupid. This is just my opinion of course but the 'Emperor Eye' is way too much.

I don't like Akashi at all, I hate his personality, his crazy eye and I don't think Kamiya Hiroshi fits him, it feels so out of place watching him speak for some odd reason and I can't get past it.

I have not enjoyed this season so far. It's starting to feel repetitive and Akashi does not help. I did enjoy the first and second seasons a lot though and season 3 isn't even halfway done so I hope I enjoy this series again before it ends.
Feb 18, 2015 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
killuka said:
I really enjoyed the first and second season's, they were fun. I always recognised Kuroko no Basket as a shonen sports anime so things will be unrealistic but Akashi's 'Emperor Eye' crosses the line for me. The rest of the Generation of Miracles personal skills were unrealistic and over the top but Akashi's seeing into the future crosses the border between over the top and stupid. This is just my opinion of course but the 'Emperor Eye' is way too much..

That's just exactly what I thought about. Akashi is so powerful, no one can beat him in real life.

I like Midorima's determination, he'll prove what Akashi said is wrong. He and Takao are good partners, I'm looking forward for their next move.
Feb 22, 2015 3:40 PM

Nov 2010
The build up till the hard dribble was so nice about Mido's seniors
After that going back to the game was so tense and I loved the dunking scene from below
It was awesome overall even with Akashi's clearvoyance genjutsu

Rooting for the green team, go go go!
Mar 8, 2015 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
Absolutely ridiculous which killed the show for me.

Hate this Akashi guy
Mar 8, 2015 1:57 AM

Apr 2014
killuka said:
I don't like Akashi at all, I hate his personality, his crazy eye and I don't think Kamiya Hiroshi fits him, it feels so out of place watching him speak for some odd reason and I can't get past it.
Apr 8, 2015 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
Wow... The emperor's eye :O

I have a feeling it's badly explained, but basically it means that he is very observant of people's actions, not that he can actually see the future? (I didn't read the manga though)
blue-yApr 8, 2015 6:03 AM
Apr 15, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2014
Akashi's Eye is just awesome, probably the best ability in KnB :)
As expected from the captain of The Generation of Miracles ^^
And awwwwwwww, I almost forgot how much I like Midorima<3
And also, I really liked that bg music in the last scene. Sugoi *.*
Apr 30, 2015 2:57 PM
Apr 2015
bigivelfhq said:
For me this was the best episode of the series, yep series, until now.

Though the Elbow pass is totally a foul!
If he was playing an unofficial game or street basket, but in this case is totally dribble foul. I searched the manga and something like that doesn't exist at all, so stupid idea by the staff at Production I.G(Can't they make a little research? More when they are adding stuff to the source material!).
Though, the author already added a lot of fouls that were treated like nothing happened, like Aomine multiples dribble fouls and Kuroko punching pass(that is also a dribble foul).

Note:
I don't know how NBA rules are in the case of the Elbow pass, I would assume that is also foul too, but by FIBA rules is totally a foul. In Japan in school they play by FIBA rules so that was totally a foul.

These are not fouls you can hit the ball in anyway except the defense cannot kick the ball
But these don't happen much in the nba
May 12, 2015 3:53 AM

Jun 2008
Rinengan activated.

parfaited said:

Akashi's eye enters the "this is a little bit too much" zone for me. (Pun actually not intended.)
Though I can't be mad at him, Akashi is hilarious.
His personality alone saved many future chapters from being complete shit.

You have a guy that supposedly disappears and is magically invisible to other players and now Akashi's eye is what you find too much?
Akashi's skill may by crazy but not anymore that Kuroko's really.

Also people saying he sees the future are stupid. What he does is read the opponents body movements too well. What makes this skill even more crazy isn't only how crazy it is that he can read someones muscle movements and intention so perfect but that he can also perform the necessary movements to take advantage of that knowledge.
For example he knows what can make a guy fall but actually being able to pull the right triple moves at the exact second needed so the other can lose his balance is even more impossible than his eye. We see sometimes how an athlete can fall or end up unable to move after getting caught with a triple at the exact moment his body is going to an opposite direction or something but that is mostly luck that happens every once is a while, is not something anyone has the skill to execute with a plan. Sure making triples is always done with the intention of fooling the body of the other and getting away but you just can't make them at the exact second that will disrupt their body movement enough to make them fall.
I guess that is why the anime is showing him training hard cause he needs the skill to make the movements not just being able to see things but anyway this are all crazy unreal skills.

Btw making Kagami fall though was completely ridiculous because Kagami was just standing. He was not moving or trying to mark him so there was nothing that could disrupt his balance and make him fall.

blue-y said:

I have a feeling it's badly explained, but basically it means that he is very observant of people's actions, not that he can actually see the future? (I didn't read the manga though)

I didn't ether but you don't exactly have to be a genius to figure that that is what is suppose to be. Users who actually saw it as just seeing the future and yelling that is more crazy that all the other crazy abilities, i have bad news for you. Your brain is not operating very effectively at all. You lack common understanding and basic thought process.
MonadMay 12, 2015 4:52 AM
May 25, 2015 3:52 PM

May 2013
So Hayama only dribbled with three fingers? Damn, I wonder what it's like with five.
I love how Midorima defends his teamwork.

Damn, Akashi's Emperor Eye is OP. It's making everyone fall before him.
Ankle breaking. Elbow pass. This guy's just too good.
I guess it's time for Midorima's and Takao's trump card.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 24, 2015 3:29 AM

Jul 2012
Finally catching up with Kuroko now that it's finishing up. I forgot how unrealistic it is that everyone can get in front of each other so fast in this series. Akashi steals from Midorima, and the next thing you know, Midorima is blocking his path for the fast break xD And Akashi too OP, needs nerf =P

I really like the frames Production I.G did when Akashi made the 3rd years bow down. That was really cool. I wonder what the trump card is for Shutoku, but they're gonna need some kind of miracle. This does not look good at all.
Jun 26, 2015 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
Monad said:
blue-y said:

I didn't ether but you don't exactly have to be a genius to figure that that is what is suppose to be. Users who actually saw it as just seeing the future and yelling that is more crazy that all the other crazy abilities, i have bad news for you. Your brain is not operating very effectively at all. You lack common understanding and basic thought process.

um, i think it's more that the show doesn't even attempt to explain this one. it's precognition because it's precognition. and no, just because other ridiculous abilities having been established in previous episodes doesn't make this ability any less ridiculous. this one does reach a new threshold of corny imo.
Jul 23, 2015 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, Akashi is one of the most "hatable" characters I've ever seen. My purpose on watching this anime atm is to witness Akashi's ass being kicked so hard his head explodes.
Loved Shutoku's flashbacks and Shutoku's tenacity. Looking forward to see Midorima and Takao working together.
Next episode *.*
Aug 16, 2015 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Welp.. so far so predictable
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 21, 2015 4:37 AM
Feb 2011
Guy has some serious Napoleon complex.
Dec 8, 2015 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Alright the moment when Akashi lowered Kagami and told him to lower his head was pure badassery. But every moment after that was just him repeating the same thing over and over. Kinda irritating. I don't remember it being that obnoxious in the manga...?

*sigh* very sad to say I am losing my enthusiasm for this series, which sucks because it was one of my favorites.
Dec 15, 2015 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
What the.. seriously? Emperor eye? an eye that can see the freaking future? Okay I wanna say that this is where I draw the line because if that's not magic, I don't know what is. But goddamn this is just too fun and entertaining to watch.

Wonder what their trump card is
Dec 16, 2015 1:32 AM
Dec 2011
oh...my god akashi's good i mean the way he move is so smooth is epic to watch that back elbow pass is epicly brilliant :3
Feb 8, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
Cool flashbacks and can't wait to see Akashi do something badass!

Midorima was awesome.
Jun 19, 2016 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
>Lower your head

Thought he was talking about blowjobs there for a second
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 6, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2016
Well damn Akashi has the Geass now lmao

and why do they keep censoring that 5th player? fuckyoumean?
Sep 20, 2016 6:56 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Mr_Shnb said:
Well damn Akashi has the Geass now lmao

and why do they keep censoring that 5th player? fuckyoumean?
I was gonna say LOL THAT'S THE GEASS EYE!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 4, 2016 9:13 AM

Jul 2016
Hype ! And i really wanna know how that hidden white hair rakuzan member is! he looks dope!
Mar 8, 2017 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
katsuragi33 said:
ibearclaw said:
This game started at 175

ohh okay......i just checked it.....damm those small writing..

ima ffk dis im not bothered to read on hehe

anime ftw ;o

I just want to point out how hilarious this exchange was. Talk about a quick turnaround.
Mar 10, 2017 2:53 PM

Jan 2016
I feel that Akashi's "Geass" is gonna ruin the season for me. That scene when Taiga kneels before him is way too "over the top" for me. I do, however, like his voice (kinda reminds me of Johan Liebert).

2/5
Jun 19, 2017 12:04 PM

Dec 2015
With Akashi on the team, Rakuzan's win is pretty much guaranteed, but it's nice to see that Shutoku is not giving up.

I'm curious about the last guy on Rakuzan's team that hadn't been introduced yet, probably another hidden trump card.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 3, 2017 11:30 AM

May 2013
Ooouuu, I want Kurokochin to learn that dribbling move where the ball disappears ;OOO that'd be useful af :}

Lol don't look down on short people like Akashi XDDD
Jul 4, 2017 10:04 AM

May 2009
Glad to see Midorima and Shutoku trying their best despite being up against Rakuzan and Akashi. I hope they keep fighting till the end.

Akashi sure is intimidating with his eye. But nothing less expected of him...I mean, there must be something about him that makes all of the other great players obey him.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Aug 29, 2020 1:22 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Are they tossing around the Sharingan now? Akashi is literally hacking, totally unbreakable, I can't even think of an exploit that can get him a little bit shook.
Oct 11, 2020 2:58 PM

Dec 2007
usually the flashbacks give you good depth for the team and characters to like them and cheer them, but in this ep they felt short and unimportant...

akashi ability sure is frightening, and the OST played at that time sure were dark.
Apr 19, 2021 10:53 AM
Mar 2021
Corland said:
So is there a fifth player on Rakuzan that I just keep missing or are there only four people on the court from their team?
lol this foreshadowing is actually insane
May 17, 2021 2:58 PM

Nov 2016
Akashi is crazy. The OST's they used during his Emperor Eye moments were great.

This match doesn't have the same sparking intensity as the Tohou or Yosen ones, nonetheless fire. These were the episodes that made me fall in love with Shutoko. The flashbacks were nice and showed why Midorima and Takao respect their senpais so much. They're all tenacious hard worker. Towards the end they really lived up to it when they reignited the team spirit. Aside from that, this episode had a precious Midorima, Miyaji moment. I enjoy seeing different sides to the players.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2015

155 by Kenel »»
Apr 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

284 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

226 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

91 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

136 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.