Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2014 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a pretty much expected fight in this finale. Lol shields.

Overall a decent series with all the buildup. 6/10. Argevollen is quite a weapon when used right and I was impressed by the way he was operated in the finale.

Stark700Dec 18, 2014 10:34 PM
Dec 18, 2014 8:02 AM

Jan 2008
Was there a romantic resolution at the end? Samonji-Suzushiro or Tokimune-Jamie?
Dec 18, 2014 9:16 AM
Jan 2014
Well, it sure managed to stay consistent 'till the end I guess. Overall, I'm glad Samonji's goal was resolved, without having him to pay the ultimate price. It was very obvious that Suzushiro was going to kill Cayenne at some point.

I'm also glad they didn't force any unnatural romantic relationships. Lorenz and Akane are fine. Tokimune and Jamie were more than adequate as Argevollen operators, and nothing more.

The ending is fine as it is and doesn't need further expansion. It was a positive one and felt average, like the rest of the anime.

So 5/10 overall it is. Can't say I hated it, but I also can't say I was amazed by it or found something particularly interesting.
Dec 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
It is finally over!
decent final episode to a decent series
and after all this build up episode :)
Dec 18, 2014 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
Loved how Suzushiro shot that guy in the back & denied Samonji his death. I just wish their was more development between Tokimune & Jamie. I smell a second season & I would most definitely watch it. 7/10
Dec 18, 2014 10:04 AM

Sep 2009
Second season is unlikly with sales so low. But I liked this series in general. It was consistent.
Dec 18, 2014 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
So, I wonder who shot that evil corporate man?
Dec 18, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2010
Very generic mecha, but it did have some good moments here and there 5/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 18, 2014 11:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Show was decent but it didn't wow me. Didn't really like where the plot went much either

The finale was okay though, overall I'd give this anime an 6/10
Dec 18, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2013
ok ending for an ok anime
[/quote]
Dec 18, 2014 11:58 AM
Dec 2012
The story was the major let down here. I really don't get it and care for it... The relaxing episodes were probably some of the best, when the show didn't take itself too serious.

The characters were good, but not great. Ah well. My expectations were low so that's what kept me watching. I did like the art though.

Bland 6/10.
Dec 18, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
6/10.

A couple of episodes were great. In my opinion, they should had focused on the romance a bit more from a serious standpoint (kinda like Break Blade handled its romance). But sadly, the romance in this anime was just seen as a comedy and nothing more and nothing serious (with the exception of that Samonji x Saori scene, which was extremely surprising that that happened).

I would have preferred if this anime was 12-13 episodes instead of 24 episodes. There were many episodes that were just slice of life that did nothing for the anime.

The only reason why I decided to watch this anime was because, it started to air on Thursday during Summer 2014, and I just watched this anime after I finished Glasslip. If it werent for wanting to watch another anime on Thursday after Glasslip, I would have never watched this anime.

I will give major credits to the anime from this point: the way they handled the economics was done greatly. It was very very well done. On how they handled the economics, I will give them a 10/10. And the chicks were very pretty as well, specially Saori :)

But overall,
Will I ever watch this anime again? No.
Will I ever type the word Argevollen after the end of the year and/or visit this forum again? No
Will I ever watch a specific scene again? No
Will I ever recommend this anime to a fan of action and mechas? No
Dec 18, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2012
Welp, so boring. Another anime to add to the "List of Mecha I didn't enjoy". It's between a 5 and 6/10 from me.

Terribly bland characters, bland story, no hook or interesting premise nor does it have interesting morals or gray zone topics. Way too long to reach its goal.
Dec 18, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
Finally it's over! It was pretty boring in some parts and i just understood half the story :/ I'm not going to miss it! 6/10

Dec 18, 2014 1:25 PM

Jun 2013
Painfully average.
How about making second season of darkness instead of crap like this, Xebec?

5/10.
Dec 18, 2014 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
Wow. I can't believe it. I expected absoultly nothing from this episode. Literally I went into this with final ep with the sole intention of just being able to say that I finished this abomination. I literally expected ABSOLUTELY nothing from this episode and I was still somehow disappointed.

I hated everything about this series. Everything. And as much I want to complain about watching a show I downloaded for free over the internet, I'll just keep it to the 3 main reasons as to why this is as of now the worst anime I've watched to completion.

[size=120] 1. The Length [/size]

Even as a 12 parter this would have been awful but at least it would not have been an insult to the viewers. We put 24 weeks into this show. Seriously think about that, 24 freaking weeks, and for what? To see what shenannigans Tokimune and his gang of misfits do on their vacation. I'm not exaggerating when I say that literally almost half of the entire show was the fucking Argevollen crew just lounging around in a city before they get attacked and then argevollen has to save the day and then the bad guys retreat and REPEAT. Unbelievable

[size=120]2. The Story [/size]

I'll admit early on, I was totally into the story. I remember always complaining about how I wanted more character development for the Ingelmia forces because they seemed more interseting. My old me was so cute in thinking that the biggest problem this show had was a lack of character development..

Who really gave a fuck about the story? Be honest. After episode 1 it just got shittier and shittier to the point where the Arge-crew were always fucking around somewhere in some city on one of their INFINITE amount of military breaks. I'm not going to dwell on all of the fucking problems the story has but are you seriously going to tell me that a unit that has literally the most powerful fucking mech on the battlefield is being constantly allowed to have breaks? And lets not forget the insane amount of TROPES this anime has. Oh man, the main leader of the green dudes with the BAD GUY looking face turns out to be a bad guy??! whaaatt?? Richtofen who is a bad guy turns out to be an even BIGGER BAD GUY?? the PLOTS KEEP THICKENING! And the generic squad leader that looks like a bad guy throughout the entire series and then reveals himself to be a bad guy but then IS ACTUALLY NOT A BAD GUY IN THE END?? 2deep4me

And how could we forget that ending. Anticlimactic is not even appropriate because it implies that there WAS A CLIMAX at some point. Oh the fucking robots all shut down. Wow great. I was REALLY hoping that happened team Argevollen. It's literally the ending of 'The Phantom Menace' and you know I thought about that shitty movie while watching this episode and this episode actually made me want to watch The Phantom Menace because it just seemed soo much better. THIS SHOW MADE ME WANT TO WATCH STAR WARS THE PHANTOM MENACE.

And you'd think with this much character tropes I'd like some of the characters just from the charm but that brings me to my last and final point

[size=120]3. ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE SHITLORDS [/size]

Fuck all these characters. I have never wanted a final episode in which literally everyone just dies in the end more than in this one. I mean I don't just not like the characters I fucking loathe them. They're all so GOD DAMN ANNOYING.

You know who my favourite characters were? Saori and the Ingelmia chick with the short hair. Why? Cause they were the only ones that barely fucking talked.

I'm going to write a fanfiction in which an atomic bomb just drops and kills everyone. I promise.

I hate this show if that wasn't clear enough, and a lot of the anger is directed towards myself because I should have known better than to keep watching this shit, but as the masochist I am, I kept at it HOPING, BELIEVING that I'd get some pay off only to be slapped in the dick every fucking Thursday. At 24 episodes that's almost 9 hours of time I spent watching this show.. 9 hours I could have fucking gone outside, studied or just WATCHED A BETTER ANIME. 9 HOURS IM NEVER GOING TO GET BACK AAAIUUGHGHGHH

overall i did not like this show very much 3/10

edit: not the worst show I have ever watched. Bocu No Pico saves it from that.
Legal_LatinoDec 18, 2014 1:58 PM
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 18, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
So fucking average and predictable. That ending gave off a 2nd season vibe. overall 5/10
Dec 18, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Legal_Latino said:
Wow. I can't believe it. I expected absoultly nothing from this episode. Literally I went into this with final ep with the sole intention of just being able to say that I finished this abomination. I literally expected ABSOLUTELY nothing from this episode and I was still somehow disappointed.

I hated everything about this series. Everything. And as much I want to complain about watching a show I downloaded for free over the internet, I'll just keep it to the 3 main reasons as to why this is as of now the worst anime I've watched to completion.

[size=120] 1. The Length [/size]

Even as a 12 parter this would have been awful but at least it would not have been an insult to the viewers. We put 24 weeks into this show. Seriously think about that, 24 freaking weeks, and for what? To see what shenannigans Tokimune and his gang of misfits do on their vacation. I'm not exaggerating when I say that literally almost half of the entire show was the fucking Argevollen crew just lounging around in a city before they get attacked and then argevollen has to save the day and then the bad guys retreat and REPEAT. Unbelievable

[size=120]2. The Story [/size]

I'll admit early on, I was totally into the story. I remember always complaining about how I wanted more character development for the Ingelmia forces because they seemed more interseting. My old me was so cute in thinking that the biggest problem this show had was a lack of character development..

Who really gave a fuck about the story? Be honest. After episode 1 it just got shittier and shittier to the point where the Arge-crew were always fucking around somewhere in some city on one of their INFINITE amount of military breaks. I'm not going to dwell on all of the fucking problems the story has but are you seriously going to tell me that a unit that has literally the most powerful fucking mech on the battlefield is being constantly allowed to have breaks? And lets not forget the insane amount of TROPES this anime has. Oh man, the main leader of the green dudes with the BAD GUY looking face turns out to be a bad guy??! whaaatt?? Richtofen who is a bad guy turns out to be an even BIGGER BAD GUY?? the PLOTS KEEP THICKENING! And the generic squad leader that looks like a bad guy throughout the entire series and then reveals himself to be a bad guy but then IS ACTUALLY NOT A BAD GUY IN THE END?? 2deep4me

And how could we forget that ending. Anticlimactic is not even appropriate because it implies that there WAS A CLIMAX at some point. Oh the fucking robots all shut down. Wow great. I was REALLY hoping that happened team Argevollen. It's literally the ending of 'The Phantom Menace' and you know I thought about that shitty movie while watching this episode and this episode actually made me want to watch The Phantom Menace because it just seemed soo much better. THIS SHOW MADE ME WANT TO WATCH STAR WARS THE PHANTOM MENACE.

And you'd think with this much character tropes I'd like some of the characters just from the charm but that brings me to my last and final point

[size=120]3. ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE SHITLORDS [/size]

Fuck all these characters. I have never wanted a final episode in which literally everyone just dies in the end more than in this one. I mean I don't just not like the characters I fucking loathe them. They're all so GOD DAMN ANNOYING.

You know who my favourite characters were? Saori and the Ingelmia chick with the short hair. Why? Cause they were the only ones that barely fucking talked.

I'm going to write a fanfiction in which an atomic bomb just drops and kills everyone. I promise.

I hate this show if that wasn't clear enough, and a lot of the anger is directed towards myself because I should have known better than to keep watching this shit, but as the masochist I am, I kept at it HOPING, BELIEVING that I'd get some pay off only to be slapped in the dick every fucking Thursday. At 24 episodes that's almost 9 hours of time I spent watching this show.. 9 hours I could have fucking gone outside, studied or just WATCHED A BETTER ANIME. 9 HOURS IM NEVER GOING TO GET BACK AAAIUUGHGHGHH

overall i did not like this show very much 3/10

^ this
Dec 18, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
Oh wow, i expected a cool fight scene with the opening music going like that... but oh well.
That was a pretty good ending episode, setting up for a possible second season it sounds. Evil corporate guy does something kind in the end, and gets snipped.
NO ROMANCE! YES! I was so worried that there would be a bullshit forced romance.
You know, this last episode raised my rating of the show a bit.
6/10. Just above average, fairly entertaining.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 18, 2014 2:31 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That insert song was totally unnecessary when Tokimune got back the control of Argevollen. Didn't fit the scene at all.

Samonji has become such a bland character, I wouldn't have minded if he died this episode. In the beginning he was pretty cool but towards the end, he had this emo mindset going on which completely ruined his character.

So, what happened to Richthofen? Did they jut forget about him? I assume he's probably dead by now but even so, his late fate should've been shown.

I laughed so hard at Cayenne and Suguro's death! Both were equally hilarious! XD

Overall, meh show. Had some decent episodes in the beginning and midway but the ending killed it. 5/10.

Dec 18, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2014
Lorenz : "Pastaaaaa!"

Seeker : " This is Seeker." (with monotone voice like always, and we still know nothing about this guy despite his effort during all ep.)

LOL hilarious moment.

I don't really get the story, and I expected nothing from this show anyway, so i decided to stick it until the end just to see how it goes. But I was quite surprised when I saw Samonji on the last scene O_o season 2? Doubt it.

Overall, not bad but not great either. It's okay I guess, will give it 5 or 6/10
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
Tres_Bandidas said:
So, I wonder who shot that evil corporate man?

Most likely Quasimondo.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 18, 2014 4:11 PM

Mar 2010
Had a meh ending with many loose hooks but I enjoyed it overall. 7/10
Dec 18, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
AzureAlert said:
This is the ultimate "meh" ending. Jamie got paid, that's the only thing I actually care about in the end.

LOL This.
Dec 18, 2014 5:11 PM
Sep 2014
HatsumiShinogu said:
Was there a romantic resolution at the end? Samonji-Suzushiro or Tokimune-Jamie?

Samonji would obviously attempt to talk to Suzushiro, I can't imagine him leaving the situation as it is.
She went through shit just to save him, after all. And then walked away without saying anything.
He has lots of atoning & appeasing to do.

He needs to thank her and apologise for his stupidity, especially to the others in Unit 8 and of course, to Tokimune :)
Dec 18, 2014 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
And that was the last episode, but just felt a end a little forced, the guy who was an enemy of Tokimune and Argevollen almost the whole anime had an insignificant death, Captain that I was hoping to die was to the opposite side and the Unit 8 continued as if nothing had happened

Overall the anime had great scenes portraying the war, but the plot and the characters left to be desired in many points in my opinion, but might please those who like of animes of the genus

The final was open, leaving room for a sequel, but do not think this will occur, the anime did not appeal sulficiente to it ..
Dec 18, 2014 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
YES!!!!!!!!!!

It's over!
Dec 18, 2014 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
it's over...but the ending was meh...

i'll rate this one higher than PP2 for the mecha and romance(?) development

if its going to have a season season, count me in

6.5/10
Dec 18, 2014 6:20 PM
Apr 2013
Nice ending. Samonji got what he wanted, not over the top open ending, consistent series. 7/10

Too bad season 2 is unlikely to happen.
Dec 18, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2010
It did a few things well such as the constant focus on maintenance and some combined arms tactics early in the show, but the complete lack of plot progression killed it.

We still don't know shit about the EEEEVIL conspiracy by the end. What are they trying to do?

The most hilarious thing about this ending is that it actually tried to set up for a sequel. Which obviously isn't going to happen.

Watch this show to cure insomnia.
Dec 18, 2014 6:52 PM

Mar 2009
mayukachan said:
Welp, so boring. Another anime to add to the "List of Mecha I didn't enjoy". It's between a 5 and 6/10 from me.

That's how I'd rate it as well. Argevollen deserves props for being one of the most realistic mecha anime out there, but man, it sure was painfully slow at times. And near the end, I didn't even understand some of the characters' decisions.

That aside, the episode with Tokimune's sister is still the best.
Dec 18, 2014 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
Weird.

Samonji achieved none of his goals there, if not even achieving the contrary.

And while it's nice to see Suguro and Cayenne won't cause trouble, they hardly matter in the overall scheme.

The whole war was pointless when you ignore Viltriveld, given that both armies ended up in the intiial positions, Samonji is still trying to play the unfeeling bastard and ignores Suzuhiro. Tokimune didn't really get close with either Jaime nor Namie (maybe he subconsiously can't stand names that end with *amie?). Actually, Jaime and Tokimune still interact awkwardly, even if it got better. It's like they are both on the tipping point of realizing they are in love and their subconscious barely managed to keep the lid on it, making their dialogs and behaviour ackward, but leaving them unaware.

It's like, at any given moment any comment of either can either deeply offend the other and they won't speak to each other for at least two weeks, or they lean over and kiss each other. Heck, one might be offended and run away, leaving the other falling over as (s)he closed his/her eyes while leaning over..

Regarding a sequel, well. It was not that bad, so i'd probably watch it sooner or later, but i won't shed any tears if we don't get one, either.
Dec 18, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2014
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Painfully average.

5/10.

^^This
Dec 18, 2014 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
Tokimune got Argevollen back on his control.

This show is pretty meh.
Dec 18, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2012
I'm more surprised that practically everyone is on the same page with ratings.
Dec 18, 2014 11:22 PM

Apr 2010
Meh. 5/10 Not terrible, but oh so average.
Dec 19, 2014 12:27 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The very definition of average.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 19, 2014 2:19 AM

Dec 2013
Started complaining about Tokimune's characterization from the get-go.
First few episodes were all dumb as heck with one asspull after another.
Then mid-way things got interesting when they went out to explore the other characters before, during, and after the island part.
Then back to another few episodes of boring war with less asspulling.
Then a few episodes where they tried to build up momentum to the finale
Then the finale with an average as heck ending to a pretty disappointing show.

I mean, sure it had some highlights, but none of the m made up for all the low-lights this show produced. in the end I can't even give it a decent passing grade, the story that seemed all mysterious and shit ended up going around in circles and ending pretty much like nothing happened. I can't be bothered to even give two fucks about either Arandas or Inglemia, and whilst some characters got some development, I can't say I would remember any of them say 2 weeks down the line.

5/10

The only good thing I can say about the show is: I managed to watch the whole entire thing...
Nice try sunrise, stick to Gundam and 4WD car racing please.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 19, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2011
AzureAlert said:
This is the ultimate "meh" ending.

All of this. for most of the show too! lol
Can such a dream truely exist?
Dec 19, 2014 7:58 AM

Apr 2014
My Thoughts about the Final Episode.

So that's it? I thought this will get something great in the end but I guess I'm wrong.
And since because of that kind of ending I guess they are hinting they would make a sequel. I hope not
Anyway it's a fine ride I'll give this 6 out of 10 rating overall. I'm being generous now.
RayzerDec 19, 2014 10:00 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 19, 2014 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
The end seems to be rushed.
In terms of the anime, nothing special. The fights were good, the relationship between Jamie and Tokimune is developed.
The plot of this show was a good idea. The battle between the 2 nations which is in fact controlled by the "high places" to develop the researh and increase their power.
Too bad it ends like that, an end with no change, except some people killed.
6/10.
Dec 19, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
did suguro just get shot in the head, that was the most surprising moment in the entire anime, it was amazing and pretty tragic.....
too bad the rest of the anime wasnt that good.
zunderdog24Dec 19, 2014 10:03 AM