Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 30, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know about Shione but this episode was fun. Shione is still stoic as usual although I find her childhood to be brighter.

Seems like the group is ready without Shione anyways. Stop being mean Shione >.>
Also, poor Noel. This better not end up with some of bad end.
Nov 30, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2010
Haha, I actually cried a little with me being really into anything dramatic.

The planetarium was really nicely made!

Their wish of being everybody smiling together making the festival the perfect event to do so. Shione playing the bad person's role despite being happy to see Nonoka again. It was quite sad how it feels that once they are truly able to smile, Noel has to leave to grant other peoples wishes T.T

Noel fainting from being too far from the saucer or that her time is up as she believed she would be able to move on after Shione comes. Shione being mean like that was a little painful tbh... Hope Noel is able to stay somehow while Shione joins the group and become truly happy with everyone, after all... Noel is part of the group too now.
Nov 30, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
NOEL :(
Ps, I see that a lot of people here dont understand it (posts beyond mine especially) . Shione is not hating Nonoka or something (she cried, you all seen it) . She just doesn't want to be a reason of disappearance od Noel.
I personally dont approve behaviour like that, but I kinda understand Shione a little...
rsc-plNov 30, 2014 9:19 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 30, 2014 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
I hate Shione more and more with each episode
Nov 30, 2014 8:34 AM

Jul 2008
Gatomon said:
Shione is playing the bad guy for Noel's sake.

I get that...but, Noel said that she was just going to 'go to the next wish' so it's not like she's going to die. Acting that way Shione is only hurting Noel, so I really can't understand her actions at this point in the anime.

L3gEnDaRy said:
I hate Shione more and more with each episode

Ditto
Nov 30, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2010
So Shione doesn't want Noel to disappear and because of that she breaks her friendship with Nodoka and is even planning on leaving the town.
The question is will she change her mind and is there another way to save Noel.

I hope for them that things will be alright in the end.
Nov 30, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2010
So? Even she won't die, they'll still be losing her company. Plus, Noel thawed Shione, becoming her close friends as well. Picture it, she only has Noel and Nonoka in her mind. So I doubt she would want to lose either one of them. I hated her at the beginning, but now I can relate to her.
Nov 30, 2014 8:43 AM

Feb 2014
Wtf is Shione thinking anyway?
Nov 30, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
...I'm very conflicted. After watching this episode, I really felt like wanting to drop it, yet I still want to continue watching it. It's maybe Shione's interaction to Nonoka that pisses me off. What about Noel, really? Did Noel ever done something bad to Shione? I wonder still, what did Shione wish for which brings the saucer in. Seriously, no answers yet? I feel like it's a waste of time.

Ah, the final minute of the episode hints something. Probably like what everyone has mentioned: disappearance. It's not surprising imo. I think that Noel being away from the saucer far away shows that she cannot really live well at far-away places. That's why when she was asked about whether she could attend the festival, she had her own doubts.

For the rest... Yuzuki is... Yui 2.0. Best girl yeah.
Nov 30, 2014 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
I think this officially moved from enjoyable but flawed to tedious to watch with this episode. This episode could have been all of 5 minutes if Shione was just upfront with them about her concerns for Noel, but of course they hafta squeeze out as much drama as possible instead. It's not surprising, but it is annoying and...well tedious as I said.
Nov 30, 2014 9:48 AM

Jul 2008
Gatomon said:
So? Even she won't die, they'll still be losing her company. Plus, Noel thawed Shione, becoming her close friends as well. Picture it, she only has Noel and Nonoka in her mind. So I doubt she would want to lose either one of them. I hated her at the beginning, but now I can relate to her.

Yes, she wants to be with them so much that she is moving away to never see them again..... So yeah.... Even if she is 'sacrificing' her happiness so Noel can stick around and be friends with Nonoka and everyone what she is doing is hurting everyone more and not helping the situation. It should be clear that the thing Noel wants most is for everyone's wish to be granted and not being able to grant that wish would make her sad. I don't know how Shione wouldn't be able to put those pieces together.
So I really see this whole thing as nothing more than an attempt to draw out the drama.
Nov 30, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
Meh... lots of retreaded ground here, and it was really drawn out for no good reason whatsoever.
I don't see why Nonoka would trust someone who has a completely 180 in personality in the space of 10 seconds like last week, but of course there has to be the forced drama. And really, if Shione wants to save and/or be with Noel, she's completely killing the point of it by moving away, seeing as the end of the episode strongly indicated that Noel can't be away from the saucer for too long. Not as though that wasn't at all predictable though.

3 episodes left now, and if this was any indication it's going to be dragged out to ridiculous lengths and constantly retread how Shione is a terrible character and terrible person. Such wasted potential.
Nov 30, 2014 10:05 AM

May 2013
I guess Shione doesn't want Noel to disappear, so she doesn't want the wish granted. Meanwhile, Noel faints at the end. Maybe it's due to her being far away from the saucer.
Nov 30, 2014 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Shione did not come to the festival at all.

Noel faints at the end because she is being far away from the saucer.
Nov 30, 2014 10:46 AM

Oct 2012
Oh god, I saw the flags and here they are... The fact that Noel said that she'll leave when the wish is granted solidified my prediction. Shione probably wants to avoid smiling or whatever so that the wish won't be granted and Noel won't have to go somewhere else and will instead stay with everyone else. I'll bet that if Noel is too far away from the saucer for too long then she'll disappear or something like that, but she knew the wish would be complete soon anyways so she decided to leave the saucer. This better not turn out like a tear-jerking Ano Hana ending T^T
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 30, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Wow the planetarium is beautiful~!
Poor Noel :( I'm assuming Shione does not want her wish granted so that Noel can stay ? but ugh it's still very annoying
Nov 30, 2014 11:38 AM

Feb 2013
What's Shione trying to do? How many episodes of this moody bitch routine are we going to get?

Nov 30, 2014 2:49 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
It's kind of obvious that Headphone Actor is being overly dramatic for Noel's sake only, because if their wish were to come true (which is watching the planetarium together) she will disappear.
But didn't Noel herself say that once a wish is granted, she'll get called over for another wish? It's not like she'll be gone once and for all. Shione needs to chill out.

That planetarium was awesome, more than so the one that was recently built in "Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete". Put that Astronomy club to shame.

Decent episode. Noel is seen to be alright in the PV so everything is good.
Nothing much really happened this time around and I can't really make fun of the show like before..

Nov 30, 2014 2:49 PM

Jun 2014
Shione is being such a selfish bitch!

I understand that she doesn't want Noel to leave, but hell did she even bother to have anything to do with Noel in the seven years that Nonoka was gone? I don't think so, since she just remembered who Noel even was a couple episodes ago.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Nov 30, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
I feel a bit sorry for Shione. She appears to have been a loner before meeting Nonoka. Nonoka was Shione's only connection to the group of friends, but once Nonoka left Shione went back into isolation again. When she was packing to leave she made sure to take her photo of herself with Nonoka.

Shione won't open up to the others because it is not in her nature to do so.
Nov 30, 2014 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
Well, the inevitable happened.
I guess that they will reunite on the next episode.
Nov 30, 2014 8:45 PM

Oct 2011
R u srs.
Nov 30, 2014 9:06 PM

Oct 2007
CeissaDesiste said:
Shione is being such a selfish bitch!

I understand that she doesn't want Noel to leave, but hell did she even bother to have anything to do with Noel in the seven years that Nonoka was gone? I don't think so, since she just remembered who Noel even was a couple episodes ago.

"Shione: Nonoka is mine now, Noel, you can go fuck off."
^
^
This is your image of Shione for being best friend.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 30, 2014 9:29 PM

Jul 2013
good ep
Nov 30, 2014 10:27 PM

Jun 2014
STOP IT WITH THE SAD.
I JUST WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY
IS THAT TOO MUCH IT ASK?!
IS IT?!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 30, 2014 11:03 PM

Sep 2014
Once again the BGM in this episode is excellent . . .
especially for making the mood and atmosphere on the
drama part . . .
Overall nice episode and also expecting some FEELS next episode . . .
Nov 30, 2014 11:46 PM

Jun 2009
USE YOUR WORDS SHIONE. ugh, I can barely deal. 4 eps left? have mercy.
Dec 1, 2014 1:13 AM

Mar 2013
Nice episode,
with more story about Shione and the saucer (Noel).
Dec 1, 2014 8:07 AM

Dec 2009
Xtrm124 said:
Once again the BGM in this episode is excellent . . .

Oh yes. The music is easily the best part about this Anime. It's the most beautiful BGM I've heard in a long time, and this episode in particular really showed it off.

But Shione... goddammit, I've tried my best not to hate you for the longest time, but my patience has run out. Whatever you're hoping to achieve, the ends don't justify the means when you're causing everyone more grief in the process than if you'd just let things happen like they should already.
Dec 1, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2010
Decent episode. I wonder how much of a key role, the planetarium is going to play.
Dec 1, 2014 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my god! This episode was heartwrenching!
Dec 2, 2014 12:06 AM

Oct 2013
Seriously, this anime is making drama over the smallest thing..
>:|
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 2, 2014 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
Ok, Shione is started to become quite the bitchy nuisance.

I get that she is trying to stop Noel from leaving, and I totally support that. Because who the fuck doesn't love Noel?

But honestly, had she told Nonoka earlier about this, like before the festival, things could be going differently and they could instead be thinking of a way to keep Noel around.

Instead, Shione's selfishness has put Noel's life in danger because she's been away from the saucer for too long.

As much as I would've loved to see everyone in the planetarium together, it would've made Noel leave. So I'm glad she stayed, but there could've been a better way to go about it.
Dec 2, 2014 8:40 AM

Mar 2013
gissellebatista said:
What's Shione trying to do? How many episodes of this moody bitch routine are we going to get?
Dec 3, 2014 4:17 AM

Sep 2014
quality of art and animation took a dip in this episode: mostly in the middle

Souta's hair...looks like it had a big lock of hair on his right side removed. Nonoka's legs stretch too far in length during her running animation in this sequence as well.

Why is Shione's right leg bent inward when she's just looking out the window? It should be relatively straight.
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 3, 2014 5:33 AM

Sep 2014
BGM was really good during the Shione and Nonoka scene at the fountain square
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 3, 2014 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Oh no Noel.... =(
It's confirmed that Noel's going to disappear but I don't think Shione's doing it the right way. Can't she teel Nonoka or else things get worse? I don't get her but she's has been a pain in the ass for 9 episodes now.
Dec 3, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
The most dramatic part of this show is when Nonoka dropped her iPhone.
Dec 4, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
I hope the final is not trivial, for the rest, an episode with a peaceful and enjoyable narrative, no twist original; the ending was obvious for me.
What I really liked is the OST and the sympathy of Noel.
The drawings were not bad, they were really beautiful when they showed the protagonists from small, that cute!
Animations created well.
Dec 6, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
Shione is so wut.

inb4 something retarded like Noel will disappear if Shione admits to being friends with Nonoka

โ˜ฉ Discord: the.path.to.pathos
โ˜ฉ RateYourMusic
โ˜ฉ last.fm
Dec 6, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
They havent made up yet. So much drama
Dec 8, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2013
Was nonoka's with to be friends with the rest of them forever or something to that effect?
Dec 10, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2012
Nooooooo Noel!!! Q___Q.

end comment.
Dec 13, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2010
The heaps of drama, so Shione was the one who came up with the idea of the saucer which created Noel
That fountain scene with her and Nonoka was such a facepalm, delighted first then constipated
Dec 17, 2014 7:55 PM

Mar 2014
I knew it. Noel's the ultimate wish granting device.

Fantastic OST.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 20, 2014 7:42 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode with more dramatic moments.

I hope Nonoka will succeed to change the thinking of Shione.
Dec 22, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
Shione was acting like that coz she knows that once their wish is complete Noel will disappear, but now seems that she is weak for some reason, please don't die Noel!
Dec 31, 2014 7:03 PM

May 2012
That ending though :| I do wonder what's going to happen next though, so let's find out next!
Jan 29, 2015 5:12 PM

Oct 2012
This was good and bad at the same time. Festival was ok but I was not fond of the drama. Shione has to be the most obnoxious character of late, I really can't like her, there is no logic in what she is doing. She is hurting Noel more by not wanting her to go away. So instead of happiness we go another chunk of drag out drama.

The hell, the drama in the series runs in circles and Shione is always in the center of it.
By now it's overused, boring and highly illogical. What's worse, this endless spiral is making me like this series less and less.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

78 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.