Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, more focus on Michiru this episode.

Some of the scenes got a bit controversial with her suffering. Damn, I really feel bad for the girl..and her dual personality. Nice to know how Yuuji was able to help here though. And cute ED song.
Nov 2, 2014 5:14 AM

Jan 2014
Michiru's route's over!! Who'd have guessed?

Cute black haired Michiru made for a good endcard, though.
Nov 2, 2014 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
Pulsecroxley said:
BeatzMe said:

Doesn't matter that it's over It was a pretty good episode, they did as well as they could with the time given.

This was simply addressed at all those people who really thought they wouldn't shove all the rest into a single episode. I didn't even say anything about how good or bad the actual episode was in my humble opinion.

'They did all they could' isn't really an excuse for anything, though. They could have made all 5 routes into a single movie and made the most of the time they had, but that wouldn't have made it any better, either. Generally speaking, again.
JoekstarNov 2, 2014 5:41 AM
Nov 2, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2012
BeatzMe said:

YES @@ and from next EP Yumiko route for 1 ep, the same with Sachi then 2 or 3 ep for Makina and Amane for the end

anyway for me I give this ep 4-5, much better than I think
amasj1414Nov 2, 2014 6:04 AM
Nov 2, 2014 6:03 AM
Jun 2011
this episode was less rushed then the last one and i enjoyed it they skipped scences but overall it was much better then the last one they kept all the scence i loved in michiru route
Nov 2, 2014 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
They did great with what they had. BTW were pantyshots in this episode neccessary?
Nov 2, 2014 6:41 AM

Jan 2014
OkarinPriest said:
They did great with what they had. BTW were pantyshots in this episode neccessary?

Implying there's a time and place where panty shots do not enrich the experience. Damn pleb.
Nov 2, 2014 6:42 AM
Jun 2011
i also love michiru themed ending song it was so cute
Nov 2, 2014 8:28 AM

Sep 2009
They cut the most dramatic parts (. But overall it could be worser. Let's see how they handle other routes with such a rush...
Nov 2, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
amasj1414 said:

YES @@ and from next EP Yumiko route for 1 ep, the same with Sachi then 2 or 3 ep for Makina and Amane for the end

Or 1 episode for each route,then we will see Meikyuu and Rakuen stuff in the anime...
Nov 2, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2012
LonelyWizard said:
amasj1414 said:

Or 1 episode for each route,then we will see Meikyuu and Rakuen stuff in the anime...

That would be even moar ridiculous, no way. But yeah, i wouldnt thought they would aim for 1-2 episode-long short routes either...
Nov 2, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
LonelyWizard said:
amasj1414 said:

Would be hilarious, but totally possible if they wanted. You don't need many episodes for Rakuen.
Nov 2, 2014 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
Yes!! I was hoping for it, and I got it. Two of my favorite 'dramatic' OSTs were used :')

Now that I think about it, I wonder how they're going to handle the split endings. Is every girl's route going to end well..?
Nov 2, 2014 10:32 AM

Sep 2012
So Yumiko's route is next up ,huh?
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 2, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
That was quite good!

Michiru wanting to die and never surface again. Meeting her friend in such a circumstance... and at the end her best friend still did it.

The heart transplant bringing in the dual personality! A meaning to the way she acts. It was nice to see her best friend and the cat and how Michiru dealt with them and opened the door.

Yuuji waiting for three days... the feels really hit T.T, glad the Michiru was able to decide. Using the "medicine" to bring Michiru out.

Bringing the other Michiru to see her parents. It was nice too see the two co-exist well now.
Nov 2, 2014 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
I just realized how simlar the setup of this show is to the Monogatari series. Probably why I i like it.
Nov 2, 2014 10:37 AM

May 2013
He waited for three days for her to get out of that. That's pretty amazing. Well, good to see that Michiru is doing well now. It was nice of Yuuji to let the other Michiru to see her parents.
Nov 2, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
Michiru looks better with her blonde hair :)
Nov 2, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2012
Certainly a very emotional and touching episode, I look forward to seeing what more we have to enjoy.
Nov 2, 2014 10:45 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yuuji's efforts to bring back the real Michiru was commendable. Loved the way he used reverse psychology on her, since he have always known that she didn't really want to die.
In process, he also effectively secured both Michiru to his harem, so it won't matter which one surfaces when. Smooth guy.

Good to see bits of Michiru's sad past, but it wasn't as sad as the VN. Still, not bad though as it pretty much contained her chronicle altogether, more or less.
I especially loved the part where she was having an inner struggle and her other self appeared and reviled her a bit.

Overall, decent episode. Too bad, Michiru route ends here. Looking forward to Yumiko's route next week.

Nov 2, 2014 10:52 AM

Feb 2014
This was probably the best that could have been done within the time span that was given. Even then it wasn't really in any way great.

The flashback left too many things blank. Like why her teachers abused her or why she didn't have any friends.

The ending sequence with Michiru's other personality meeting her mom lacked any impact whatsoever. They should have cut it altogether. Without any type of context for it there wasn't any reason to care about it.

Also isn't Michiru coming out in response to the candy a result of the placebo effect and not that she wanted to live.

Pik3RobNov 2, 2014 11:04 AM
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 2, 2014 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
Mind-blowing episode
Nov 2, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2012
Deep ass episode.

First off great episode. Michiru had it so rough back in the day. With her tutor calling her stupid and all. Then she finally found a friend that makes her happy enough to keep living just for her to take her own life. From want I can't tell Michiru didn't want the heart transplant because she wanted to die together with her friend. Now wonder she didn't want to live after the cat died. Yuuji helped her out by burring her (wasn't expected that). Then she finally realized she wants to keep living with the live she has now. Very emotional.

One thing I still don't get. Was the girl really living inside her body or was that like a split personality? Now I could have missed it, but I don't think they explained it. I mean her eyes turn green idk if a split personality can do that. I might have to go read the VN.

Edit: The more I think about it the more I feel like I was missing some important parts. 3/5
AntearionNov 2, 2014 11:16 AM
Nov 2, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
One of the flaws of the visual novel, Yuuji is too damn useful at solving problems.

Though the flaws of this episode are numerous. Way too much jam packed into and its only selling grisaia on "shock value" alone. Which just makes it shallow and forgettable in the end. Oh well, I think I'm done watching this series.
Nov 2, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
Not too bad for what little time they had. The presentation was actually quite nicely done.

I thought it was a little weird seeing her crawl out of the coffin and express her wish to see Yuuji in particular. That was so much better with the romantic development between the two backing it. But that applies to most events this episode, lacking in impact due to the time restrains. Well, that's only to be expected.
JoekstarNov 2, 2014 11:15 AM
Nov 2, 2014 11:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well.. i-it's not like they skipped a lot of her route or anything! HMPH!

seems they're doing Yumiko's next
Nov 2, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, that was unexpected (at least for me)
Really good episode.

DoctorWasabi said:
Michiru looks better with her blonde hair :)

+1
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 2, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
I expect a time reset next episode.

You know, going a typical VN route.

Or maybe they simply focus on another character.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Nov 2, 2014 11:12 AM

Aug 2010
Well better than last ep ^^

Glad they showed her backstory at least a bit because they were making it seem like she wanted to kill herself only because Nyamell died. So that was nice.

Tbh the only things I want to complain about from this ep was taking out the girls letters in the coffin and "Other Michiru's" meeting with her mom D: Those were the most FEEEEEZ inducing stuff so skipping them was :(...oh and also asking her dad "Am I insane?" when she stabbed herself.

But overall it was a really good ep. Absolutely loved Michiru's smile at the end. Michiru is <3<3
Nov 2, 2014 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
Just starting the VN but enjoying the Anime so far.
Nov 2, 2014 11:17 AM
Jul 2014
Honestly handled it better than I expected. The coffin scene lost a lot of its impact due to time restrictions, but they did a good job with what time they had.

Will be interested to see if they do this in arcs Yosuga no Sora style, or if they've jumbled it up a little so it can be one continuous thing. Either way, next episode 'Reason for Existence' should be good, if it is indeed the start of Yumiko's route as it seems to be
Nov 2, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
Very good ep. I think Michiru's story was a bit rushed, but still very enjoyable. I would have liked to see more info, like why Michiru was alone or why her friend committed suicide. Yuuji's plan was very dangerous, but he turned out very helpful.
Idk about the visual novel, but so far I like the anime series. I wonder who's up next :D
Nov 2, 2014 11:19 AM
Jul 2012
So now that Michiru route is over time to do someone else.
Nov 2, 2014 11:20 AM

Feb 2013
If I didn't know about her route in the visual novel, I wouldn't have many complaints really. I actually still somewhat enjoyed this episode even though the altered and cut out scenes make it lose most of the impact and emotion which it could have brought. Okay, from here on out, I'm gonna stop comparing it to the visual novel and just watch the anime itself for what it is.

Not bad for a two episode adaption of her route, though. I'll give it that.
Nov 2, 2014 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
I see the heart transplant bringing bring out another personality of Michiru.

Yuuji waited for three days for Michiru to get out.
Nov 2, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
I certainly didn't expect Yuuji to go to such lengths for Michiru's sake (and the sake of her other personality as well).

But man, Michiru's back story sure was messed up. I did not predict it to be like that.

If this is supposed to be the least twisted back story of the lot of them, then I am really concerned; if this is the least of it, then just how much more insane and extreme can it possibly get?

I can't wait to find out.
Nov 2, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, they did it so well..
With short time they have, this is a good episode..

They cut the emotional moment of other-Michiru with her mom..
Well, I don't mind..

lol, joke..

I hope they save Amane's route for the last..
Since it's the best route..
Nov 2, 2014 11:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Eden2307 said:
Not bad for a two episode adaption of her route, though. I'll give it that.
err ya I'll give it that too, the mere idea of adapting this much content in just 2 eps is absurd but given the circumstances I think they did it pretty well at least
Nov 2, 2014 11:35 AM
Jul 2014
danieltortoisee said:

just how much more insane and extreme can it possibly get?

I can't wait to find out.

The tears will be real (assuming they don't cock up the adaptation). Although if you're a sucker for punishment then I would recommend playing the VN either during or after watching this. Hits a lot harder
Nov 2, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
she peed her pantsu..

can't wait for Amane's route.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Oct 2008
Not nearly enough "mukiiii" moments. Extremely disappointed.
Mar 2014
Well let's see, based on how the anime is following the LN and correct me if I'm wrong, the route well be following now is yumikos route Raison de atre.. BUT

The anime may or may not follow one girls route to end with the OTP which in my opinion should be yumikos because he's done some of the decisions in the light novel that moves him towards yumikos route

-he rejected amanes proposal to go out whic moves him to the next route
-he hasn't rejected makina's promotion YET
-He has not played the game and PRAISED Sachi so far
-He didn't kiss other michiru in this episode only for the original to come back at the last moment, which threw him onto yumikos route

Overall I don't think the anime will have a OTP because they pretty much butchered michirus route already, but I'm really hoping for yumiko to win because I love her so goddamn much <3 (they better not take out the bridge scene with her and yuuji though)
Nov 2, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
Yuuji buried her wtf...

But he did wait 3 days for her. Somehow he seems more amazing than I expected. And Michiru is able to overcome her fears, huzzah!
Nov 2, 2014 11:40 AM

Oct 2014
Whats the point in rushing these series so much?

Emotional episode. Kinda annoyed by the fact that they skipped quite alot.. but i enjoyed it. Next ep is gonna be Yumiko's route, cant wait!
Nov 2, 2014 11:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BlackUni said:
Well let's see, based on how the anime is following the LN and correct me if I'm wrong, the route well be following now is yumikos route Raison de atre.. BUT

The anime may or may not follow one girls route to end with the OTP which in my opinion should be yumikos because he's done some of the decisions in the light novel that moves him towards yumikos route

-He didn't kiss other michiru in this episode only for the original to come back at the last moment, which threw him onto yumikos route

Overall I don't think the anime will have a OTP because they pretty much butchered michirus route already, but I'm really hoping for yumiko to win because I love her so goddamn much <3 (they better not take out the bridge scene with her and yuuji though)
hate it to break it to you but
Nov 2, 2014 11:44 AM
Mar 2014
HaXXspetten said:
BlackUni said:

hate it to break it to you but

Oh sorry bout that, I shouldn't hve said OTP. I meant to say that I would prefer if the anime followed yumikos route only because I like her route and her background story (and the bridge scene, The feels were real there...)
Nov 2, 2014 11:45 AM
Jul 2014
BlackUni said:

It's a visual novel, not a light novel.
Nov 2, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
they butchered vox in box , the best part of michiru's route . 1/10
Nov 2, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
For the moment there I thought that Yuuji is hellbent on burying Michiru alive.
Nov 2, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
After how rushed EP4 was, I thought this one was going to be mediocre as well, to be honest. However, it turned out pretty good, considering they had to do her route in 20 minutes.

Actually, I think this is the best chapter yet (then again, I'm a Michirufag, so my bias is probably making effect in my enjoyement of this chapter), though I miss this scene from the VN and I believe they should have used it in the credits at the very end.

Next is Yumiko and her
so I don't think I would care much about the next comming chapters.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.