Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2014 6:02 PM

Jul 2009
LOL another keeper. yay sunrise give me more entertaining shows. they dont need to be good, just entertaining is enough!
Oct 5, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
Valverape is that you?
Oct 5, 2014 6:05 PM

Jun 2010
she turned out to be a norma i expect that, she got anal rape...well wasn't as expected lol
seem to in my alley, will judge this once its ended :)
Oct 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
...Um… why did I add this to my list?…

Men, I'll keep watching to see if it get any better....

Reaction to the rape scene:
OneTrueAceOct 5, 2014 6:29 PM
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Oct 5, 2014 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
characters look like there from code geass, and i like that
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 5, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2012
I do like the "re-education" development of someone on top, if only Korra Book 4 went this route..
Oct 5, 2014 6:48 PM

Dec 2013
Wasn't it more like an anal probe scene?
Oct 5, 2014 7:03 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As much as I dislike Ange, I think karma was a bit overboard on her. Being a Norma is beyond suffering.
That raping scene though.. There goes her hymen. Quite the rape that was. They could've gone easy on her but no, they just had to go that far.

That brother is pretty creepy; planning to rebuild the royal family via incestuous contact. >.<

Interesting start. The fanservicing in this show is a bit too much. Doubt they'd tone it down.

Oct 5, 2014 7:08 PM
Aug 2014
Sooo...they destroyed her womb?
Oct 5, 2014 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
Below average show with an arrogant main character. Well, i suppose that experience will change her later. Still, i'm curious about that creepy brother so i'll keep watching.
Oct 5, 2014 7:18 PM

Feb 2014
Spine cable operation. They use them to plug into their mechs. Looks like a mediocre anime so far, will kill time all the same.
Oct 5, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
Gr33ncar said:
characters look like there from code geass, and i like that

the brother reminds me of Clovis just from the looks http://myanimelist.net/character/1128/Clovis_la_Britannia
Oct 5, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2010
I knew "that" scene was coming for a week or more, but it didn't make it any easier to watch. It did make me uncomfortable which is what I believe it was supposed to be. Anal rape, probe, or spinal cord attachment or not.

There wasn't as much fanservice as what I was expecting, so that's a good sign.

I enjoyed this episode, and it seems like it will be an interesting series. But I can understand why some people can't handle it.
Oct 5, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2013
Bitch got what she deserved.
An elitist ignorant noble that justified her reasons of a "Norma" with the norm and using her reputation as royalty.
Literally I laughed when she was practically 'raped' in prison.
Based on the opening scene, I already know she goes through some major development changes.
I'll stick through with this series and hopefully it's just not one of those survival stories.
Implying that there will be some politic aspects considering her brother is now the Emperor.
Oct 5, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
so this is the next Valvrape
Oct 5, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
It's like the first episode of Rainbow, except this one sucked. Was a very good laugh though.
Oct 5, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode, an what a twist!

So we have this Norma thing where they can break the so called Light of Mana. And whoever labeled as Norma will be punished and possible killed :P

To be honest, they really pulled a 180 one. While i do feel sorry for Ange, she was kinda cold when she told that mother that her son is a monster and that she should forget about her and make a new one instead.

Karma is a bitch :

As for the last scene. For me i'm just glad there are still directors out there willing to push the boundaries. It's not like they even showed what actually happened.

Though i can't wait for some SJW douchebag saying how their using "rape" to justify and make the character better.

The previewed even mocked the last scene saying it was terrible and hope they go back to bishoujo robot anime :P

All in all despite reusing animation and poses from Gundam Seed/Destiny, i'm interested with the norma part and how they'll use it for future plot.

Also Ange's so called brother is a fucking douche and he looks like Clovis from Code Geass. I hope she get's her revenge soon!

Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 5, 2014 9:24 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, the first episode is even more messed up than Valvrave. I fucking love this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 9:25 PM

Oct 2013
Here we go,Cross Ange is that type of show that'll be entertaining whether it's genuinely good or end's up being a trainwreck and we gotta have one of these every once in a while.

This is your calling Sunrise! More stuff like this & Valvrave & less Buddy Complex,'mkay?
Oct 5, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
DiviMike said:

This is your calling Sunrise! More stuff like this & Valvrave & less Buddy Complex,'mkay?
definetly this, its better to be hilariously bad than to just be unbelievably mediocre like buddy complex was, go full retard sunrise.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 5, 2014 9:53 PM

May 2010
i'm guessing, im the only one that wasn't really up in arms at that last scene. I've seen way worse in anime, did it make me go "WOW" yeah and feel bad for her? sure did, having to go through all that after just losing her mother gotta suck, from 1st rate noble to the lowest of the low. im just hoping the so called "warden" and her right hand get so pay back. just saying.

But at the end of the day...... DAMN SON THEY TOOK YOUR CHEECKS!

P.S. this is nothing new standard protocol, when getting put basically in jail.
HydnlifeOct 5, 2014 9:59 PM
Oct 5, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2012
For a moment I thought I was watching Gundam seed :o
Oct 5, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2012
This show is painfully bad - it has terrible CGI, unlikable characters and an overly overt moral message. None-the-less, it reminds me a bit of Code Geass, so I'll give it the three episode rule.
Oct 5, 2014 10:25 PM

Sep 2012
dafuq that last scene so sunrise is making a ecchi show now :(

Oct 5, 2014 11:00 PM

Dec 2007
I guess we should have seen that anal rape scene coming from the PV with her crying horribly in a violated manner. Seeing it now in context, especially with the added bonus of stripping her naked, robbing her of her possessions, and violating her seems to work wonders in demoralizing and breaking her will. She did say some stupid things while also being painfully naive in a crude setting. Having her wake up by crude force is one way to force someone to see "the real world".

I guess that baby in a ventilated animal box should have been a major flag as well to spot as well after watching the PV. I was simply watching while going with the flow just seeing where it would go. I should have seen that it would have led to her being horribly violated, especially after her naive and uncalled for comment to birth another child. Being all hypocritical when in the sports team and the car saying she should make all happy.

I'm on the fence on this one, but I won't deny that I got baited in hard to get me overly pissed off. I didn't enjoy that they even did it purposely by further taunting and making fun of it in the preview. The whole combination that Norma's are treated worse than garbage, baby & mother incident, the whole "Dropping Waste material", and the whole violation hits a very solid nerve......I doubt I was this pissed off with any other anime other than Cross Ange now. It has a nice premise and soundtrack though, I will give it that. And some interesting fan-service that I'll let slide with the night-gown....not the mecha suits and ED.

Edit: Oh wait, what was that overly obnoxious bastard in Accel World near the last few episodes? He was so overly obnoxious it sent many people into the "dropping anime" phase with the anger level in annoyance. This and that Accel World spoiled bastard being the same in pissed off levels.
EuroSubstanceOct 5, 2014 11:04 PM
Oct 6, 2014 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
Lol someone made the opening Gundam Seed music and it fit perfectly XD

Oct 6, 2014 12:42 AM
Dec 2011

no penis.
Oct 6, 2014 12:54 AM

Jul 2010
I really found this boring. Maybe it's because I can't be immersed in any part of the world presented. I'm not bothering with the next episode.
Oct 6, 2014 1:17 AM

Mar 2014
Seems like it could be an interesting story but I really hope this doesnt devolve into ecchi but it looks like it will.
Oct 6, 2014 1:37 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit that got dark pretty quickly, but I can't shake off the feeling that this will become another generic mecha show. Has those same vibes as Code Geass, of racism and disturbance in the royal family. I guess I will give this a couple more episodes to see what happens.
Oct 6, 2014 4:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I had to check this out after all the shitstorm it's caused. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

It's violent and mysoginistic, but anyone who's seen 80's anime knows that that's not unusual over there. Other than that it's a pretty generic and meh Sunrise product that has a strong resemblance to Gundam Seed and Code Geass, just worse.

They could have handled the last scene a bit differently and no one would have batted an eyelid about this show.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 6, 2014 4:09 AM

Oct 2014
A bad twist to something so simple such as pretty girls riding robots. Either they go with the simple chosen warrior to protect world setting or simply don't do it at all cause the flow is just not there. The beginning is just exaggerated.
Oct 6, 2014 5:21 AM
Jan 2010
It's violent and mysoginistic, but anyone who's seen 80's anime knows that that's not unusual over there. Other than that it's a pretty generic and meh Sunrise product that has a strong resemblance to Gundam Seed and Code Geass, just worse.

Can that concept just stay rotting in the 80s instead of running loose in the 10s?
Oct 6, 2014 5:26 AM

Apr 2011
Well that escalated quickly.

I expected lots of angle'd shots from the PV, but never this deep.

I never expected Ange to say "to have another baby" to a mother of loves her child unconditionally and got taken away. Not nice. So she gets "You get what you deserve" from that mom.

Poor little princess, she lost everything. Its not a bad start to a series , but I think its pretty interesting despite being the OP being identical with another well known Sunrise title.

I'll stick a few more episodes to see how it goes and probably a nice explaination at the end. Its unfair to judge an entire series in one episode, since it has 24 episodes. Still had a lot room to improve the series.
MagitoOct 6, 2014 8:35 AM
Oct 6, 2014 5:27 AM

Mar 2012
Really generic and vulgar but still entertaining. It's a lot better than Valvrave at least.

Could turn out good but there's also a high chance it'll become Valvrave 2.0
Oct 6, 2014 5:56 AM

Dec 2011
With everyone saying it's vulgar and bad because of the last scene where she was kinda violated, I wonder why most of these same people loves sh*tty ecchi faservice anime?

Sure there might be some "sexual" scene shown, but most of these scene are aimed to look like a mature scene not some stupid ecchi fanservice. For those who hate what was shown in this show, you better not watch older anime since there are worst, and better go back watching haremecchifanservicesliceoflife anime
Oct 6, 2014 6:49 AM
Jan 2010
With everyone saying it's vulgar and bad because of the last scene where she was kinda violated, I wonder why most of these same people loves sh*tty ecchi faservice anime?

Did you just compare what happen to Ange to a fanservice scene?
Damn, I want the stuff you're smoking.
Oct 6, 2014 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Wow! What the heck did I see? O_o
If Sunrise does not ruin everything with the usual nonsense and leaves that stretch raw narrative and bad, something good will come out, while not sharing "certain" choices.
Steps also the fanservice exaggerated, but the brutality while sharing it, has left me stunned, I did not think you came straight to the point so sharply escalating almost unthinkable, but acceptable having regard to certain individuals.
Just when I think that slimy man, I feel to smash his face ...
Storytelling, music, drawings and animations I have quais kidnapped, good work by the technical and graphic studio Sunrise.
Let's see what happens in the next episode.
For now, my vote is 6/10!
Oct 6, 2014 8:05 AM

Mar 2014
I didn't think this show is going to be kinda brutal (in some way) which is a good thing otherwise I will find this show to be boring

Action is not good and I think they reuse some scene in the opening. Hopefully this will improve
Oct 6, 2014 8:48 AM

Apr 2012
Trainwreck of the season is here!
Offensive, nationalist propaganda and really poorly done CGI effects leave no doubt in my mind that this is below average at best and a new abomination from Sunrise (potentially surpassing even Valvrave) at worst.
So yeah. At least it had me laughing quite a bit.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 6, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2010
I like this shit.... ;)
Oct 6, 2014 11:03 AM

Feb 2007
VanishingKira said:
"We have to rebuild the tainted royal family.Just the two of us..." Sister complex much,lol.

Creepiest part of the whole episode, even with the way it ended. I could understand him exposing her to seize power. I could forgive him for doing this because he honestly believed her to be a monster like everyone there does. But this hopefully points us towards an ending where Ange returns and rescues her sister. (Saving the world was obvious from the beginning anyway, they always do that.)
Oct 6, 2014 11:08 AM
Jan 2013
Man, by the looks of this anime it kinda look more like a quasi-hentai?

You know, It would have been better if Angelise was rape by a ugly, fat, sweaty man. What do you guys think?
Oct 6, 2014 11:16 AM

Nov 2012
Baddie007 said:
Man, by the looks of this anime it kinda look more like a quasi-hentai?

You know, It would have been better if Angelise was rape by a ugly, fat, sweaty man. What do you guys think?

perfect
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 6, 2014 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
I liked it, not the best, and that scene at the end didn't bother me to be honest. But it really will be interesting to see how the next episodes picks up from that xD.

Oct 6, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
I thought Akame ga Kill was the edgiest thing I've seen in a while...this one episode was edgier than all of AgK put together. Now that is impressive.

This has the potential to both out-edge AgK AND out-trainwreck Valvrave. God I'm going to love this anime.
Oct 6, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2008
Sunrise, what the fuck are you doing?! Sunrise, STOP!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2011
Titannobaka said:
I'm so glad nippon does not give a shit about landwhale sjw like the game industry does.
Go be butthurt somewhere else.

Fully agree with this statement. SJWs can go fuck themselves.

Personally I loved the first episode. It made quite the 'impact', lol. I like the idea of a utopian future society powered by magic, but some are mutant 'Norma's who destroy magic when they touch it. Apparently these are the ones who get recruited to fly off and fight the invading dragon armies.

Love all the fanservice, though the anal fisting at the end was a little harsh. Then they showed her laying traumatized and bloody right after a glorious pan shot of a bunch of hot naked girls lounging about and groping each other. The princess was kinda a bitch to that mother though, so I guess what goes around does come around.

Next episode it looks like the princess gets put through boot camp so she'll become the dragon-slaying mecha-flying badass that we saw in the opening fight scene. And I'm sure there will be lots of more ecchi for MAL's SJWs to whine and cry about, and Japan will continue to ignore their tears. Huzzah!

9/10, will watch this season (and next)
Oct 6, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Never saw an anime that escalated this quickly in a while. I can't wait to watch more.

Oct 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2011
WTF, why did my comment get deleted? Or is MAL just being twitchy again?

Anyway, loved the episode though the anal rape at the end was a bit harsh. 9/10, will watch this season.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.