Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those tears...;_;

Kou once again gives Futaba a warm feeling that makes her wonder her feelings. Not that I'm surprised though but I think Kou is surprised at himself for what he has been doing. We also get a little glimpse of Tanaka's past as well. Shouko story when?!

The embrace between Yuuri an Futaba was quite something. I mean, they both like the same guy but they want to stay as friends.
Sep 8, 2014 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
She cannot get what she saw out of her mind... Both of them says nothing's going on. He finally told her because both of her questions are related: about his mother.

Oh, so he does part-time job, not just hanging out. About brothers separation because of parents' divorce and mother's passing away, he changed. Both of them admitted their own jealousy. lol @ his face when they talking about more study party.

Two more eps.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 8, 2014 8:52 AM

Feb 2014
So do you guys see this anime having a happy ending? Or maybe just not a sad one? I know they probably wont get together. But do you see this ending conclusively in any way and not just opened ended.
Sep 8, 2014 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
somuchkawaii said:
So do you guys see this anime having a happy ending? Or maybe just not a sad one? I know they probably wont get together. But do you see this ending conclusively in any way and not just opened ended.

Most likely open ended.
Sep 8, 2014 8:59 AM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
somuchkawaii said:

Most likely open ended.

*sigh* I was hoping I would not be frustrated by the end after hoping they would get together or at least acknowledge their feelings or something.. I stopped watching after episode 3 because I thought it was going to end in a way that makes me sad. What do you think, is it worth picking back up again?
Sep 8, 2014 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
somuchkawaii said:
Stark700 said:

Most likely open ended.

*sigh* I was hoping I would not be frustrated by the end after hoping they would get together or at least acknowledge their feelings or something.. I stopped watching after episode 3 because I thought it was going to end in a way that makes me sad. What do you think, is it worth picking back up again?

That depends for you but I'm hoping they go with a manga ending rather than an anime original ending. We'll see what happens in 2 weeks.
Sep 8, 2014 9:09 AM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
somuchkawaii said:

That depends for you but I'm hoping they go with a manga ending rather than an anime original ending. We'll see what happens in 2 weeks.

Can you tell me where to find a synopsis of the original ending or PM it to me? I m curious too know. Thank you, Ill stop bothering you now.
Sep 8, 2014 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
The manga hasn't ended yet. Idk if it will have an anime original ending..
Sep 8, 2014 9:50 AM

Sep 2008

Youichi how could you! xD
Aww... so close! So close! *.*
I really love how both get embarrassed and were all like "nothing happen!" xD

Love that scene when Kou wiped Futaba's tears
and how Futaba grabbed Kou's shirt
and Youichi's talking about past,
Kou in night looking at stars,
that FutabaxYuuri hug!
Oh... so many good scenes! *.*
Sep 8, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2010
Can somebody tell me whether
-euphoria-Sep 8, 2014 11:54 AM
Sep 8, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2013
Wasn't expecting that. I can understand why Yuuri didn't want to tell Futaba about Kou's mom.
Sep 8, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
This episode T.T Didn't expect to see Futaba crying three times!
Futaba having to find out what happened between them! That phone rinigng in her bag!
Futaba crying because of his mother's death and on the reason because she was just thinking about herself :(
Kou's hand on Futaba's face. That scene with them just looking at each other >.< then the older brother comes :O
Futaba talking with Tanaka-sensei in the car about just how much Kou went through.
The rooftop with Futaba apologizing then making them tell each other everything. The hug and about liking each other really much!
It was some really nice development for Futaba. Especially when she was walking home!
Sep 8, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
I understand why Futaba didn't tell about Kou's mother, it's a personal matter.
so... Kou was having problems with trusting his friends or something? I didn't saw that one coming.

somuchkawaii said:

I don't see a happy or nice ending, only a normal one. With the things as they are right now.
Sep 8, 2014 1:03 PM
Jan 2014
Futaba's character has been steadily improving over the past few eps.

She's more open and honest about her thoughts now. It was kinda annoying at first, when she was struggling a lot and was constantly having those inner monologues.

The drama felt very balanced too. Felt a bit sorry about what Kou and Youichi had to go through so early in their lives.

Can't miss the average misunderstanding either :3
Youichi's blushes look so innocent.

The small conversation that Yuuri and Futaba held at the rooftop was a major step forward in their friendship.
Sep 8, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2013
Nice to see some back story on what happened to Kou and Tanaka.
Sep 8, 2014 1:10 PM
Aug 2011
The conversation in the car was good and it made me wish that Kou's brother was the main male lead instead.
Suddenly i'm about 10x more interested in Murao's attraction to him.

More crying next episode but hey at least the tears aren't golf ball size like in the manga.
Sep 8, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2014
Now we know the reason why Kou's personality changed. Feel bad for him :(
Sep 8, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2012
I caught so many feels form this episode.

Great episode. We learned a lot about Kou. I was not expecting to see Kou's mom in that room. I see why Yuuri didn't want to talk about it. The story in the car really got to me. Tanaka and Kou went trough a lot with their mother being sick. I see why Kou changed so much. Futaba and Yuuri love each other. I Kind of understand how they feel. They like the same guy, but still want to be friends. Anyway this was great. Can't wait to see next episode.

5/5.
Sep 8, 2014 1:45 PM
Nov 2013
Two episodes left i wonder if there will be another season or something because i want to know more about the other characters.
Sep 8, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2010
That was a really good and cute episode :3 With some good feelz :*)

Really liking Kou a lot. His life was quite sad seeing his mom dying slowly like that alone :(

Loved the scene when Kou was wiping Futaba's tears. I'm really liking her too. There are some scenes she's so adorable in <3 Her tears after hearing Kou's story and her being frustrated at herself were nice scenes.

The Yuuri and her talking scene was nice too. Dat crying Duck face from Yuuri XD

And the OST for this series is so good <3
Sep 8, 2014 1:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sad to learn about why Kou changed. He went through hard times by himself, and he wasn't the most positive and outgoing person to begin with either, no wonder he ended up building a wall between him and those he came in contact with. I think Kou understands that Youichi is a nice brother (as he always was), but after having to go through that pretty much along, he's changed, and so he (probably) finds it hard to interact the same he used to before with his brother.

Love the talk between Futaba and Yuuri on the roof! Always great to have a heart-to-heart talk.
Sep 8, 2014 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Kou's past story was pretty sad. I finally understand why Yuuri did not want to tell Futaba about Kou's mom.
Sep 8, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2013
THE FEELS THIS EPISODE!

Kou is probably the deepest character in this series, he had to see the person he loves the most, slowly fade away and detoriorate in pain, yet he couldn't do anything about it. That is just way too tragic, no wonder he puts on an apathetic air around him. My heart definitely wasn't ready for that. ;_;

And the Yuuri scene, was so beautifully executed. The friendship between those two <3

Even with all the drama in this episode, it didn't feel like it was too much, it was just the perfect amount. All the scenes were done amazingly well.

5/5 episode
NetherrSep 8, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 8, 2014 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
I had a feeling someone close to kou died but I didnt think it would be revealed this early.
Sep 8, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
Fiiinally we get to know what happened ;_; Kou's personality change now makes sense more than ever.I feel really bad for him and Sensei - i also really want them to make up sometime soon as well...i mean, it's not like they are fighting and say ''im not your brother'' or w/e, but its clear that Kou makes distance between them.
This is one of few anime this season i wish was 2 cour.Well, all i can hope for is that it's going to actually sell and we will get that second season soon.
Sep 8, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
Kou was sooooo handsome this episode *-------* <3 <3 love him
SAO : A World With You :)
Sep 8, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
I'm tired of waiting one whole week for something that then lasts like 2 minutes. I really enjoy this show.
Sep 8, 2014 2:49 PM

Oct 2013
Kou wiping Futaba's tears. Wow.
Sep 8, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2014
Youichi and Kou's backstory: SO. MANY. FEELS.
Damn, it was such a great, sad scene. It's hard not to feel guilty about what happened, but those two need to make things up.

I think this was one of the series best episodes, even Yuuri was tolerable. The scene on the rooftop was predictable but well-executed.

And despite the episode being drama-heavy, the comedy bits were killer.
Futaba and Kou's expressions when Youichi arrived!
Also Kou can't seem to escape studying with the rest of the gang, haha.

We still need more Murao and Young Owen Wilson, tho.
Sep 8, 2014 3:02 PM

Oct 2011
Kou's mother OMG Gross Sobbing EHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH T_______T
Sep 8, 2014 3:03 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Kou I feel so sad for him losing is mom at that age. I understand why he changed and thats something we can all connect with.
5/5
Sep 8, 2014 3:20 PM

Mar 2012
Damn that's pretty tearjerker, tears everywhere. 2 eps left, wonder if anyone will confess.
Keep moving forward
Sep 8, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2013
Fatma94 said:
I was hoping that -- manga spoiler

Eww I hope not. I've never hated a character so much.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Sep 8, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
too many tears in an episode?

tanaka-sensei's timing ruins everything, just a little bit and (i think) they'll kiss

their mom's story explains what happened between kou and tanaka-sensei

funny face when yuuri's gonna cry LOL

what will happen in the next 2 episode i wonder...
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 8, 2014 3:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
novian14 said:
tanaka-sensei's timing ruins everything, just a little bit and (i think) they'll kiss
Well, realistically, it wouldn't have been the best thing. They should get closer because they want to, not because they're reacting to something like that.
Sep 8, 2014 3:45 PM

May 2014
Awesome ep! Dem feels when they were not answering futaba! almost screamed at the almost kissing scene XD
Sep 8, 2014 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
well i didn't really gave much creit to this show in the first few episodes... but they have been getting better and imo this one was the best up till now
i usually complain about unecessary drama, but i have to complement this show, cause this is very well done drama in my opinion
really good job
Sep 8, 2014 4:22 PM

Aug 2013
Fatma94 said:
I was hoping that -- manga spoiler

I totally understand what you mean.
Sep 8, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome episode as always!
Am I the only one who reminded of the manga "Orange" after seeing this episode? Knowing that Kou's mom is dead is kinda similar to Orange's story.
Awesome Kou x Futaba moment, it turned from awesome to epic in the instant Kou's brother showed up XD "Tchajaaaaaan~!" Le epic faces *o_o* ahahah
So Kou has a sad story... I already had an idea but I wasn't expecting this :/
Lovely OSTs.
dat ending :x

Just love this anime. Unfortunately it is only gonna be 1 cour :/ Hoping for a second season! =D
Sep 8, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
it was a well done episode. we finally got to find out what caused kou to change so hugely

question for manga readers-
Sep 8, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2012
I was right after all, it was all there in the last episode, it wasn't hard to guess.

Now they know everything about him, it would be a lot easier to get him involved.
Ofc, he is scared to like someone again. But it's only a matter of time untill he realizes he already passed the point of no return. And Futaba got already beyond his wall of defense.
Sep 8, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2007
i was kinda sad they didn't animate Touma and his friends, i know from the number of episodes they wont animate that part of the manga but i just wanted to see and hear him once! T.T too bad, maybe they make a second season.

But overall it was a good episode, from now on its easy to predict where in the manga the anime will stop =)
Sep 8, 2014 5:19 PM

Dec 2012
b1GZZ said:

Awesome Kou x Futaba moment, it turned from awesome to epic in the instant Kou's brother showed up XD "Tchajaaaaaan~!" Le epic faces *o_o* ahahah

Lol I loved that moment

Nice ep~ but cannot believe there is only 2 left... :(
should make a 2nd season

Manga stuff:
Sep 8, 2014 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
I don't really know what to say for this series. It's been so mediocre for me. That's not to say the overall show has been mediocre, but I haven't been able to really get into this despite me watching all of the episodes including this one.

This also being my first ever Shoujo anime, I guess maybe it was the wrong choice, or the overall genre just isn't for me. I'll definitely finish the series, but I can't really say I liked or disliked it. Kind of disappointed.
Nop.
Sep 8, 2014 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
I'm depressed that only two episodes are left in this series.
Sep 8, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
Sensei why did you have to ruin the mood?! >:(

Oh and
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 8, 2014 6:01 PM

Jun 2013
What a good episode, the feels were intense :/
Sep 8, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
so many tear jerking/heart tugging scenes
Nice backstory to Kou's past but kinda wish they elaborated more on it. Good rooftop scene between Futaba and Yuuri. Both of them admit their jealous feelings of each other, but ended up reconciling.

Sep 8, 2014 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
That was such a beautiful episode, i had teas flowing down my eyes near the end :')
Sep 8, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2014
It was a adorable episode! Futaba-san is so whiner, but that is how it is fluffy :3
I'm sorry for mabuchi's mum.... Hopeful the next episode will be awesome than this :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.