Forum Settings
Forums

Why continue watching something you clearly do not like?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2014 1:37 AM

Nov 2012
JOAOAA said:
its better to bash into a series after watching it so people dont hate you

bashing into a series you havnt even properly watched is stupid

If it's so bad that it made you drop the series, you have every right to bash it. Anyone who thinks you're stupid for doing are are stupid.
Aug 7, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2014
Miraclezify said:
JOAOAA said:

If it's so bad that it made you drop the series, you have every right to bash it. Anyone who thinks you're stupid for doing are are stupid.

I just don't agree with rating a dropped anime. Do what you want of course, but it seems weird.
Aug 7, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2012
Dark_Chaos said:

Do tell. I am genuinely curious. Why did you finish Sword Art Online? Why are you still watching One Piece? Why did you watch Boku no Pico and all it's sequels?

Firstly: I like One Piece and Boku no Pico is a masterpiece!

Now, why don't I drop stuff? It's because I don't like starting something and then leaving it unfinished. Even if I am going to hate it, I'd rather see all it has to offer and then have a reason to hate it. Not drop after 2 episodes and be one of those people who bash it but barely even gave it a try. It would probably leave me wondering about how it ended and if it became better/worse...

Also, watching bad anime is just part of experience to me. Makes me appreciate good anime more in the end.
Aug 7, 2014 5:16 AM

Apr 2014
JOAOAA said:

True. Shitposting about an anime in MAL after actually finishing it is more... Legit.
Aug 7, 2014 5:20 AM

Nov 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Miraclezify said:

I just don't agree with rating a dropped anime. Do what you want of course, but it seems weird.

I think any opinion of an anime is legitimate if backed up by a proper argument. Thing is, if I've watched 3-4 episodes of a 12 episode series and I still think the show sucks, I think dropping it and rating it is completely fine. It's highly unlikely the show will change anything within the next few episodes to make me change my mind. If the show was so bad that I couldn't stand watching it, giving it a low rating would reflect that. Very few criticisms you can give to a show from watching half of it can be made invalid by watching the whole show.
Aug 7, 2014 5:21 AM

Aug 2013
So I can complain to everyone about how bad it was.
Aug 7, 2014 5:25 AM

May 2013
I'd normally drop it. But if it's a manga and I've been reading it for a long time then I'll finish it however bad it is, I'll even curse my way through the remaining chapters but I prefer finishing it just because I've been following it for so long.
Aug 7, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2010
Because I'm completionist and I can't stand the idea of having even one anime in my dropped list.
Aug 7, 2014 5:33 AM

Jan 2013
Because there's a reason I started the series , figured I could enjoy it.
They can always get better over time, you wont know untill uve seen it to the end.

Also I'm not a quitter, I dont like dropping shows, I think all series deserve a chance.
Aug 7, 2014 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
Fun fact: this question is 90% of the time asked by one piece fans, so...

Fucking 90% one piece threads.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
The reason why I never dropped Air was because I thought it was going to get better

The same goes for all the other animes I've watched and rated a low number.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Aug 7, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2013
judals said:
Fun fact: this question is 90% of the time asked by one piece fans, so...

Fucking 90% one piece threads.

I must be that 10% then, as I gave it a pretty low score.

If I am being completely honest, I was using this thread to try and find out why people complete Sword Art Online, give it a 1 and then proceed to watch Sword Art Online II.
Aug 7, 2014 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
I was using this thread to try and find out why people complete Sword Art Online, give it a 1 and then proceed to watch Sword Art Online II.

So they can talk crap about it.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Aug 7, 2014 8:54 AM

May 2014
I can't drop anime, I need to finish it. Even though it might suck, I will finish it :)
Just Monika.
Aug 7, 2014 8:55 AM

Jan 2014
I easily droppe TTGL and Saint Seiya but not Naruto, not sure why though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2010
I may be bored and still not in the mood to start watching something new.
I can tolerate bad sows, as long as they have some redeeming qualities. If something's just plain boring, I probably won't continue watching it.
Aug 7, 2014 9:59 AM

Jan 2014
I think because they're the type of people who doesn't naturally like to suspend everything they do, they like to go 'til the end.
I'm one of them, until now I dropped a very few show, but I also have to say that I didn't watched too much anime so let's see
Aug 7, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
JOAOAA said:

Yes, I have to spend 5 hours of my life watching paint fully dry to say it's a boring process instead of 10 minutes.

Ignoring opinions of people who dropped a series because they explicitly did not enjoy it is pretty fucking stupid.
Aug 7, 2014 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
Because i love put low scores *-*
Aug 7, 2014 10:28 AM

Aug 2014
Because then you have credibility when you call it shit. Otherwise you get nonsensical retorts and non-arguments like "you didn't even finish the show."
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 7, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2011
Anime Club. Can't tell you how much I have seen a series that I hated and watched it all the way through because of anime club.

Also, people pestering me to watch "insert popular anime here" and I watched a clip of it and felt like it wasn't going to be my thing but then they kept pestering me and claimed it to be better than my favorite anime. I get half way through and then... "BUT IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE! YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO THE BEST PART" que me finishing anime I hate.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 7, 2014 11:32 AM
Jan 2013
I score low to a series which have a bad ending. :P
I never liked Shinsekai Yori, but in the end it was Great show. I score it 9/10
Aug 7, 2014 11:35 AM

Jan 2008
I think in most cases I just hope, that the show will improve (ah, that neverending hope...). Or at least surprise me with something.

The other reason is the time invested (in watching) vs. time left to complete the series. Since I'm mostly watching short series (up to 13 episodes), watching 5 of them puts me almost halfway till finishing it. So I just keep going.

And it's always good to have something to bitch about :p
-
Aug 7, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Frost_Kiss said:
I score low to a series which have a bad ending. :P
I never liked Shinsekai Yori, but in the end it was Great show. I score it 9/10

Yeah, the ending is the most important >.<
Aug 7, 2014 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
I dropped SAO because I finally realized it wasn't going to get better after 6-7 episodes. Yet my peers look at me like I'm from Mars when I say I don't have SAO.

I dropped Mekkaku actors after the first episode.
Aug 7, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
People watch disgusting stuff like 2 girls 1 cup so... The only anime which i ever considered overrated was no game no life (for people calling it the best anime ever) but it wasn't EXTREMELY BAD just pointless ecchi and rehashed ideas (and cheap storytelling to make it seem like the writter manages to create smart situations when all he does is hide facts from you until the character needs it (A.K.A YUGIOH 2.0 but worse)
Aug 7, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
I continue watching what I don't like because I don't like dropping anime series even more...still I have dropped few series :|
Aug 7, 2014 1:28 PM
Aug 2013
if u dont like just drop
Aug 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
Darklycan51 said:
People watch disgusting stuff like 2 girls 1 cup so... The only anime which i ever considered overrated was no game no life (for people calling it the best anime ever) but it wasn't EXTREMELY BAD just pointless ecchi and rehashed ideas (and cheap storytelling to make it seem like the writter manages to create smart situations when all he does is hide facts from you until the character needs it (A.K.A YUGIOH 2.0 but worse)

No Game no Life is that kind of thing that is really hyped from the start to its end,but when it's done,no one talks about it anymore.
Aug 7, 2014 2:12 PM

Dec 2012
Udgey said:
JOAOAA said:

Yes, I have to spend 5 hours of my life watching paint fully dry to say it's a boring process instead of 10 minutes.

Ignoring opinions of people who dropped a series because they explicitly did not enjoy it is pretty fucking stupid.
Nothing wrong with dropping something you don't enjoy. But I and most others will not take someone seriously if they watch 4 episodes of Monster and proceed to declare "This show was shit! Everything about it sucked! Horrible writing 1/10!"

But then of course that person then feels out of the loop and is compelled to finish it so that they can feel validated by the people that they supposedly think are wrong. In the end finishing a show just to have "authority" on trashing it is out of spite.
Aug 7, 2014 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
If i don't enjoy the first 3 or 4 episodes, i'll immediately drop it. The first few episodes are the most important to me.
Aug 7, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2010
Mostly, I like finishing what I started. . . but if it's unbearable, there's no reason to keep watching it. It's just a waste of time. But I try to finish stuff. . .
Aug 7, 2014 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_(TV)

"Trust meh bruh! Itz supar dark and intense--with tunz of non-predictable plut-twosts, and rally interesting caractures! Kep watching!"

^ Probably one of the reasons I held through a shit-fest like Mirai Nikki.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 7, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2012
The only reasons I'd complete something and rate it really badly would be:

1. It was a movie or OVA and easily completed in a short period of time.
2. It was watchable up until the last couple episodes screwed everything up.
3. Anime Club in college: Being in the minority and getting out-voted and too lazy to leave..
4. I bought it blind back in my early anime days and wanted to get my money's worth from it before I sold it. Which I stopped doing after encountering too much crap.

....otherwise, I drop stuff I don't like pretty early on.
KruszerJan 4, 2015 4:52 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 7, 2014 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
mocking things is fun, that said if I don't have fun doing at least that I won't stick with a show
gedataAug 7, 2014 6:24 PM
Aug 7, 2014 6:21 PM

Oct 2010
Because my recommendations are godlike.. meanwhile.. I get to watch the crappy most of the time :/
Aug 7, 2014 6:22 PM

Feb 2012
I drop things I clearly won't like or that are just horrible quality. I watch anime for personal enjoyment.
"You know what they say about he who hesitates in war? He who hesitates is lost."
Aug 8, 2014 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
So I can fully rant on how awful it is. It's probably not the healthiest reason to watch a terrible anime all the way through, but it's why I do it.
Aug 8, 2014 2:07 PM

Aug 2014
There's only a couple of reasons why i would do so:

1. I'm too close to the end to drop it now, and/or i want to see the ending. Prime example: Naruto (Manga).

2. An objective opinion about an Anime (or anything, really) is best formed only as a result of its completion. That way, nobody can throw at me the famous argument: "what would you know, you only saw X episodes..".

3. It's hilariously bad - Plastic Nee-san.

4. I, personally, hate dropping Anime...
MaledictAug 8, 2014 2:15 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 8, 2014 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
to get it over with hell 4 of the 6 shows im watching now i hate
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 8, 2014 4:00 PM

Jun 2012
If I dont like a show I just drop the shit. Its a waste of time.
Aug 10, 2014 12:45 AM

Nov 2011
pLaguE_ said:
You appreciate the better anime if you watch shit.

TESTIFY, HISOKA! TESTIFY!
Aug 10, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2014
Sometimes it becomes better. Sometimes not.
Aug 10, 2014 5:10 PM

Feb 2013
'cos we want.
Aug 10, 2014 5:50 PM
Nov 2013
Waiting for the series to get better or wanting to see the ending but there is some shows that won't get better no matter what.
Sep 8, 2014 2:13 AM

Aug 2014
just for sake of finishing it
Sep 8, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
Some people love data more than anime
Sep 8, 2014 2:47 AM

Mar 2012
If the anime i`m watching gets worst each episode, i will not take it seriously.
i just laugh and make fun of it, if there is melodrama, i see it as a comedy instead.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 8, 2014 2:52 AM

Jun 2013
I don't watch anime I don't like. From when I started, there is only a handful of anime I couldn't tolerate and still finished it. That is why I dropped more anime than I watched.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 8, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2014
Because Im masochistic.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 9 hours ago

37 by Bandulf »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

9 by -Jahra »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 10 hours ago

21 by Rinenka »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 40 minutes ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 7 hours ago

37 by Shirayukin »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.