Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a good episode. I liked some of the crafty plays by both teams.

I really liked the way the OST was coordinated too. It defined the level of energy at this stage of the tournament. The 'safe' plays were pretty close. I like how they intensify the mood of the moments with a clear precision. Nice slide Ryosuke.
Stark700Aug 2, 2014 6:03 PM
Aug 2, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2010
Seido struggling to hit Maki's pitches from a high point!
Sawamura's friend coming to watch and deciding not to bother him in the match.
Ryosuke's point to tie the game!!! That was a *phew* moment.
Sensen's coach is really thinking it through.

Can't wait for Sawamura to pitch, especially in front of his friends! What an important spot to be put on the mound too!
Aug 2, 2014 6:40 PM

Jun 2012
Haruichi's up next yeah!!! Bases loaded land a grand slammer and knock it out the park. So far im enjoying this match much more than the previous one with Raichis team. And Sawamuras lil girlfriend should just say hi.
Aug 2, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2014
THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD EPISODE.

Yuki is a badass as always. Ryo is too cool ahhhh :-)))
Super hyped for next week. Haruichi finally gets to bat!
I can't wait for the ED to come out too. I love it.

That drum/trumpet cheer song halfway through the episode just made me think of Oofuri lmao.
Aug 2, 2014 7:09 PM

Jan 2012
YAY Wakana-chan and Eijun's former teammates! <3

As always the OST on the intense scenes made me anxious. Can't wait for it to be released! I also can't wait for Sawamura to take the mound already and Harucchi to make something big happen in his at bat!
"I don’t know what you want out of nationals, but who sets their goals on something anyone can go to? We try because it’s hard. It’s a dream because it takes a lot of work." - Jun Isashiki, Diamond no Ace S2E51.
Aug 2, 2014 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode I'm excited to see Eijun pitch next in front of his former teammates.
Aug 2, 2014 8:20 PM
Mar 2013
Ready for Eijun to pitch so he can show his friends what he's made of!
Aug 2, 2014 8:38 PM

Nov 2013
Aww glad to see Eijun's middle school team there to cheer him on!

Can't wait to see Eijun pitch next episode (completely shake out the image of Raichi and that homerun!)

Great episode as always :)
Aug 2, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2012
I want to see Eijun pitching. Can't wait for the next episode ^^
Aug 2, 2014 9:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yes yes yes Haruichi next episode??? Time for him to shine! And also, I love how you can tell how much he respects his brother :)

Ahh Mei and his annoying/rude mouth sitting in the audience (I love him anyways)...but at least he's not as annoying as this coach. Don't like how he says he doesn't trust his players ._.
Aug 2, 2014 9:56 PM

Aug 2013
This has to be the least hyped up game in the series
Aug 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Jul 2011
Aw, no, that was over too quickly! I wanted to see Eijun pitch this episode.

Can't wait to see how his friends react to the current Eijun. And Haruicchi gets to play this game~! I love seeing him play.

Ryo-san did a nice home run. Loved how the catcher thought he was aggressive. XD

MasterDetective said:
This has to be the least hyped up game in the series

It's because the opponents aren't a powerhouse team. They aren't strong as you can tell, the players couldn't get into Seido and the other school. The reason Seido is having some difficulty is because the other team avoids their players and are basically defending and attack at the best opportunities, avoiding battles and chances for Seido to score. The coach treats them like machines, and to him, like he said, baseball is about probability. He doesn't trust his players and they just obey him instead of taking their own actions. It's more efficient and less risky as a play style... meaning it's not going to be as exciting or intense, unlike the match against Raichi and team.

Though I expect the players to defy him at some point, especially the pitcher, because he was wanting to battle Seido. :3
MirorinAug 2, 2014 10:04 PM
Aug 2, 2014 10:39 PM

Jul 2013
I'm so glad they extended this show by two more cours, so it'll keep running at least until March :)

Very good episode, I can't wait for next week.
Aug 3, 2014 1:04 AM
Nov 2010
Those sliding home runs were so awesome. So much tension! @.@!!!!!! *nervous break down* Can't wait till the next episode!!

I love the spirit both the pitchers are showing.
Aug 3, 2014 1:17 AM

Aug 2009
LiquidGold said:
Good episode I'm excited to see Eijun pitch next in front of his former teammates.

This.
Great episode! Really enjoying the game so far. I want Eijun to pitch! :)

Aug 3, 2014 2:53 AM

Nov 2010
Hmmm, Sensen doesn't look that hard to beat.
i think they can wrap up the match in the next 2 episode.
Aug 3, 2014 6:07 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep :D

Yuki is BA as usual :3

Loved Sawamura's friend's reactions XD WakanaxEijun is just toooo OTP <3

She just cares about Eijun and is always watching him :3 "Onii-san?" XD

Can't wait til they see Eijun in action >.< Doesn't seem like there are any BA batters in the opposing team so he should do fine ^^

Nxt up Haruichi :3

And YES!! DnA to be extended to 75 eps >.<
Aug 3, 2014 1:25 PM

May 2012
Haruchii is next :) thats my fav part in that match..
Wakana isnt watching the game but only Sawamura lol..

Aug 3, 2014 1:33 PM
Jul 2014
Next up Haruichii ! Looks epic in the preview. Sawamura as well. Can't wait.
The pitcher on the opposing team feels so dead. Too submissive and robot like. But I think he'll change in this match..
Aug 3, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome ep as usual. I think my only complaint about this show is that it needs more filler/relax episodes like just slice of life sports instead of pure baseball.

I was so hyped for Miyuki's batting but they had to be cowards and walk him LOL.

Ryo's play was amazing btw.

The scenes with Eijun's previous teammates ;-;
Aug 4, 2014 4:29 AM

May 2012
Lefty112 said:
I'm so glad they extended this show by two more cours, so it'll keep running at least until March :)

Is this true? So instead of the 52 episodes, they will extend it more??? Waaa... that's super good news!!!!! Is this a link for this extended episodes news? Hehe. And nice home run, btw. Looking forward to the little brother's at bat.

EDIT: Oh, I found the news already!! So excited!
rebelakumaAug 4, 2014 5:59 AM
Aug 4, 2014 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
Right into the game. Nice episode, seemed to be more about the batters this time.
Aug 5, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
Did you see Haruichi's eyes in the episode preview? His eyes were on fire. Ooooh boi, we're in for a treat next episode
Aug 9, 2014 7:39 AM

Mar 2012
Kitoge said:
Did you see Haruichi's eyes in the episode preview? His eyes were on fire. Ooooh boi, we're in for a treat next episode

Before you said that, I almost forgot Haruichi actually has eyes. Good to see he's finally going to get some shine.
Aug 11, 2014 12:31 AM

Apr 2014
At last, a great baseball episode! They skip past most of Tanba (yes, thank you) and the new team has a dynamic not yet experienced. I love the opposing team's coach + seiyuu. Fantastic.

It helps that some of the only few people (and sole girl!) we have emotional attachment to (Sawamura's old team) are returning for reactions/commentary. Sawamura of old and new: see the change, Wakama.

AND. AND. THAT ONE BASEBALL SONG that Tosei's school from Oofuri always played was featured~ 'Aim and Swing', I think? GUH. More legit japanese baseball atmosphere in your games, please, Daiya no A. It's such a unique cultural thing -- use it to your advantage!

Excited for next episode. When was the last time that happened? :D
currycurryAug 11, 2014 12:34 AM
Aug 15, 2014 11:52 PM

Dec 2011
Loving that Seido is having a lot of hard time... and Eijun's friends are here. Can't wait to see his reaction to his friends.

And Hiro Mashima's end card. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2015 3:54 AM

Jun 2011
I really like that Sawamura's friends back from junior high came to see his match, and they didn't go up to him so that he's not bothered. Then they were (especially the girl) like, "Is he really going to pitch in a game where the team's victory is depending on it", it's great because it gives the feeling that Sawamura is different from back then, he's not the nobody anymore, he's a pitcher of Seido, and he's gonna win them the game.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 3, 2015 11:38 PM

Mar 2012
This guy's just salty he didn't get into Seidou lol.
Dec 28, 2016 6:59 PM

Sep 2015
When Wakana said "Brother"? it sounded weird.
May 20, 2017 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
Already, I'm feeling so proud of Eijun from seeing his old teammates coming to watch him. You better do well! Wow! I was expecting more of a struggle with Maki, but they're absolutely killing it! Two hit curveballs, then a bunt, SEIDOU YOSHHH! Whoa... What is that amazing suspenseful soundtrack playing in the background, right from when Miyuki came out? It sounds great, but to find which it is another story... I don't think it is Neraiuchi. I love it when Eijun says Miyuki's full name, it adds to the comedy. Eijun really is a comedic relief, I imagine him like this: ♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪ (Aha!) What is this! They're hitting the balls and yet it's the fifth inning already... (Don't mind, don't mind, have faith in Seidou...)

The same music keeps coming up every time they focus on Wakana, does she perhaps have some sort of importance other than being a friend to Eijun? Romance? No, it can't be... Not to that knucklehead meatball, he's too clueless. See, I already know that Maki is suffering from the pitcher ego when he says that his 'own' strength will beat Seidou and that he will do it using singular nouns. Does he only want to beat Seidou because he didn't get invited to Seidou? What other reason could there be, unless it's personal, however he doesn't seem to have a thirst for revenge. Agh... I hated Eijun so much in the beginning, I thought it would always be like so but even his screaming about having been born ready to take the mound is making me feel affectionate. *sighs forlornly* Yes, Wakana, yes. He's going to pitch! That's my Ryousuke, pummeling to the base! Would you look at Harucchi's expression, that's the expression of a brother sharing the happiness for his older brother's achievements!
Cazqui-09May 20, 2017 9:25 PM
Nov 2, 2017 8:24 PM

Jun 2014
the hell just happened to the pacing? They made the quarter finals game long and drawn out across several episodes to build tension. Now its the semi finals game, and they skimmed through more than half the game in one episode. Makes it seem like this game is hardly important.
Jan 15, 2018 12:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Tanba opened nice this game, although physically is far when injured!!!
The "Aniki" give afraid always!!!
Aug 8, 2018 4:55 PM

Nov 2016
This show only gets better and better for me.

Just hope that Maki will eventually let his hate agains Seidou go and see what a great and hard working team they are.

But boy, the old coach is kind of a douche.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2018 7:26 PM

Dec 2013
This dude really is a giant...

Harruchi is going to smash it again!
Nov 24, 2019 11:01 PM
Dec 2009
They seem to be saving their budget for the Inashiro-Seido game based on how fast this episode went.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Dec 2, 2019 8:42 PM

Sep 2018
Ehh? He make Miyuki walk? I thought he's good? He's coward!

Why it's hard for Seidou to get score? Sensen don't look tough opponent! It's already 5th inning! This is boring game >^<
Sep 15, 2020 7:58 PM
May 2020
Good, but why did they skip over the first few innings for?
I know nothing much happened, except for the one time that their opponents win, so why don't they have a montage of the first few innings instead of skipping them?!?
Oct 28, 2021 9:22 AM

Jul 2015
Little timeskip to the fourth inning which I don't mind as we'll see Eijun soon on the mound. Unlike Yakushi, Sensen doesn't look to hard to beat as similiar to Akikawa its mostly the pitcher carrying the decent team which makes me feel something is going to happen.

Jul 4, 2023 12:09 PM

Aug 2019
Oh we got narrators for this game lol

The other coach is interesting,

HIS FRIENDS ARE HERE!! it’s so good to see them again after so long.

You gotta love the cheers from Eijun lmao

Eijun keeps calling him brother lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.