Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2014 2:33 AM

Mar 2012
lol he ate the wrapper too. Well, at least they made up. Good news is sensescan gonna catch up with the manga's schedule soon.
Keep moving forward
Jun 23, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2013
Shougo and Saki! Cute. They'd make a great couple.

So in the end, they're still friends. No question because the title has 'friends' in it. Even so, I'm disappointed in the ending. If they became more than just friends, that would have been great.

Seriously, if they became more than just friends, I'd score this a 9/10. But they didn't so it's just a 8/10.
Jun 23, 2014 3:00 AM

Oct 2013
Sejin said:
Does nobody pick up on subtext? It isn't even subtle.... It's incredibly obvious by their interactions that both Yuuki and Kaori think of each other as more than "just friends" (I actually think "special friends", as in the title of the previous episode, is a pretty good way to put it). Yes, it's not at the level of lovers or a romantic couple, but to throw that in in this episode would feel really out of place.

Here's the other thing: even if it's only taken literally and at face value that Kaori and Yuuki are "just friends", that's not really any kind of barrier to anything, especially in this case. A friendship, especially one as earnest as the one between Yuuki and Kaori, can change, evolve, and grow (heck, that's what this show is about, that you have to keep working at friendship, or any relationship for that matter, precisely because they're not static). In fact, I think "just romance" is worse than "just friends". Think about all the couples who have been together for decades and are still genuinely happy. Not only are many of them romantically linked, but they're best friends. You don't have to have "just romance" or "just friendship". In fact, having both is healthier and creates a stronger bond.

Yea,I know and you're right. I guess some of us just wanted them admitting the fact that they're "special friends" and end off there. But that's not really a big issue so it's fine like this. Everyone surely know's they're "special friends" and their relationship will move forward from there,at their own,slower pace.
Jun 23, 2014 3:28 AM

May 2013
Well, they kinda pushed Hajime to a side where his and Kaori's problem is not yet resolved (you know, they should make up)

But overall, Shoubro and Saki's misunderstanding is okay now (they are soooo cute). And Kaori and Yuki, wow. One of my favourite animes in this season. 8/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 23, 2014 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
Shogo x Saki! ftw haha best couple XD
(yes I consider them a couple after what they said to each other)
[/quote]
Jun 23, 2014 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
I am sad this is over,
this my favorites of the season. the ending was good but i would prefer if they become couple
Jun 23, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2012
2nd most relaxing, easy-to-watch anime this season... first is Mushishi.

- Shougo and Saki scenes were very cuuuuute!
- Hase was an idiotic douche. Hated him late in the previous episode and early in this episode. Good thing he reverted back to his friendly self.
- Wanted to see more Hajime development. I know he's actually a good guy; wanted to see it unfold more.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 23, 2014 5:41 AM

Jun 2014
Nice Final episode for this season

gave this a 9 and that didn't change throughout these past 12 episodes ;)
Jun 23, 2014 6:09 AM
Oct 2008
Overall a really fun and enjoyable show to watch.

7/10
Jun 23, 2014 6:38 AM

Jan 2014
tsubasalover said:
She doesn't know why the main guy acts the way he is and asks the male friend about it. Even her childhood friend is curious. At least airhead girl made up.

They lied together about going to the trip on the winter break, but they met up. They walk together even though they feel awkward. At the shrine, they cried for wanting to be friends.

At the end, they asked to be friend to each other at school, while everyone watching. ED played rest of the songs. Showing main guy writing journal at the end.

Why do you have to summarise what happened? I'm pretty sure everyone on this discussion page knows exactly what happened because they watched it themselves.
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Jun 23, 2014 6:59 AM

Dec 2011
Friends like Shougo are so trustable. :)

Shougo x Saki where?!

I expected more of this episode but you can't expect romance just out-of-the-box. Perhaps the manga continues. Anyway, 9/10; rather 10/10 because of the last episode.

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Jun 23, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
8/10
Hoping for a second season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
This episode gave me the same sort of vibs as NagiAsu with the scenery and cuteness.

I feel bad for Hase he worked so hard and still left the the friend-zone. Hopeful they actually get a romance in the next season.

Shougo is best character ;_; shougoxsaki till the end.

8/10 can't wait for more
Jun 23, 2014 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
This is undoubtedly one of the best finale episodes I've seen for an anime.

I just love Kiryuu x Saki and Kaori x Hase. Both Kiryuu and Hase are definitely one of the kindest anime characters I've ever come across.

I don't know if it's weird or anything, but I like Kiryuu x Saki more than Kaori x Hase. I mean, they're too damn cute. I can't wait for a Season 2, if there's any hope for continuation at all.

Not to mention, I they actually made the background/scenery art so much better for this episode. It was phenomenal. I don't think it would a stretch to call this episode's background art the best I've ever seen.

All in all, episode gets 10/10 and the show gets 8.5/10. It's a pity that I can't rate it 8.5, which is why I'll most probably be going with 8/10 on MAL.
Jun 23, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2012
Too bad there was no romance at the end. I would love to see how she remembers and they feel :o
Jun 23, 2014 10:06 AM

Sep 2010
Good stuff.... Nice final episode.....

Final Episode - 4/5
Series - 7/10

Saki is the BEST....
Jun 23, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
So cute, warm and fluffy~
Leaves you with a great feel all throughout
Really liked it, 8/10 for me
Great job on a good ending spot for an ongoing manga
Jun 23, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2009
Nice ending, now we have to wait for the manga ^^

9/10 for me, I've really enjoyed all the episodes.
Jun 23, 2014 11:54 AM
Jan 2014
At the very end it shows Hase keeping his own diary.

Why does he need to keep one, is what I don't understand.
Jun 23, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
I don't think romance would be a strong point in the series as it depicts more pure and innocent love. All in all, great series and a sweet ending - Hase FINALLY realising that he was hurting the one he was trying to protect. FINALLY. GOTTA SLAP SOMEONE.

Shougo and Saki are so adorable, the karate chop near the end of the episode LOL.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 23, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
Going to miss this show.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jun 23, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
T_______________________________________________________________________________________T
Jun 23, 2014 12:56 PM
Jul 2012
This show made me cry like a new born baby. I really liked the show. It's a calm and heartbroken show. It's beautiful animated and the characters are so cute. I'd love to have another season with this, just for the calming part and the never ending friendship.
I wondered why he kept a diary too? My first thought was that he also had those memory losses and stuff, but no, that couldn't be it? Maybe he just wanted to keep a diary like Kaori so he could keep the memories for ever.
Jun 23, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2014
Heh, Hase admitted that he was an idiot. At least he realised it himself.

Shougo and Saki are basically a couple now! :)

Awww, that Hase now keeps a dairy himself is sweet. (I wonder what he wrote down?)

Giving this a 10, because I really enjoyed this show. This show promised a friendship, and it ended like that. (with hints of romance of course)

Hoping for a second season(for more romantic buildup heh) when there's enough source material. Gonna miss my Isshuukan Friends monday.

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging
Jun 23, 2014 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
I loved this episode. I loved the silence and the cloudiness and the snow.

This series had a wonderful concept that had the potential to be among the best tearjerkers, but the series turned out to be really average. There was nothing special about this anime at all except for the concept, and it's contributions were very predictable. Plus, I was personally annoyed by all the characters
Jun 23, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
Nice series. Very sweet and pleasant to watch, and I was also really fond of the animation style.

Favorite couple is still Saki and Kiryu. Wish they concluded it better though.

I still feel that the show did not come to a good, fitting conclusion after all that stuff with Kujo, however. So, these ending episodes weren't that great for me. Lots of good feels though over all with Ishuukan Friends though.
I'll miss the whole gang! 7/10
Jun 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2009
I'm glad that Brains Base is doing things other than otome adaptations lately, but sadly I couldn't connect with the characters or show. Decent premise, but the characters were too bland...with the exception of Shoubro. And in the end, it felt like nothing was resolved. 5/10.

But please Brains Base, keep making more stuff like this and their other show this season, Kawaisou, instead of all those lame otome adaptations.
Jun 23, 2014 3:17 PM
Feb 2014
I really liked this episode. It just left me feeling kinda warm and fuzzy inside. I loved the scenery in this episode, too... the scenes with Kaori walking with Hase were really nice.

Overall, there really wasn't anything special in this show. Really, like the guy above me, Mormegil, said, nothing was really resolved in the end. In some ways, the ending was unsatisfactory. The MC is also a bit of a wimp and I could nvr really understand why he wanted to be Kaori's friend so badly. Also, there was too much crying...

However, this is probably one of those shows I'll treat as a guilty pleasure. I can't deny that, with the exception of episode 10 and 11, most of the series left me feeling nice and warm. Especially in some o the mid-season episodes. Besides, the two main supportig characters, Saki and Shogo were great to watch. I especially like Shogo and he's probably one of my favourite characters amongst those in this Spring Season's anime.

Overall, I'd give this show an 8/10 (was contemplating a 7, but I couldn't deny that I did actually enjoy it when I watching the series)

EDIT: After a while, I decided that 7 is a better score.
Duri1nJun 26, 2014 3:35 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jun 23, 2014 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
They stayed friends in the end. Sweet and innocent.
8/10
Jun 23, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2013
xikar said:
C'mon Hase, one teenager thoughts cannot simply be that pure
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2013
Great ending for such a heartwarming series. Hase started his own diary :)
Jun 23, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2012
03:48 LOOOL

05:05 aww...

8.5/10 for this finale.
Season 2 please.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 23, 2014 8:00 PM

Dec 2010
I can think of some ways to make the ending much more climatic like a quick flashback where she is healed from her illness because of either she sees Hase or because Hase kissed her.

However I give props to them for not using that cliche ending AND FOR NOT USING A FLASHBACK

PLOT TWIST
Jun 24, 2014 1:36 AM

Aug 2012
I'm actually really tired at the moment but I talked about this show a bunch in these threads before so I feel like I should continue (& there's no way I'm talking about it after I log off from here [which we'll be after I catch up to Haikyuu!! & Baby Steps]). So I'm not going to prattle on about it or go in depth with my thoughts on this series, instead I'll just summarize my feelings on the finale.

It was good. I enjoyed it. The contrivance of Hase & Fujimiya meeting up like that kinda bothered me & I'm still not a fan of the Shogo/Saki relationship but outside of that I don't have much complaints. I enjoyed it & the seiyuu for Fujimiya did a great job in this episode. I particularly liked the ending, with them both saying, "I'd like us to be friends", as sappy as it was to blurt that out in front of their classmates. Also, I should note, I have a weird relationship with the ED song. The intro that they always use to close the show is phenomenal, always effective despite the differences in mood throughout the episodes yet once the ED itself actually starts, I lose all interest.

Anyway, overall I'd give this series a 7/10.
Jun 24, 2014 1:45 AM

Nov 2010
Sweet and expected end
Shougo and Saki clearing up their misunderstanding was a great scene the follow up of Yuuki and Kaori meeting at the bridge and one was heartwarming

Kaori's mother made a funny comment about her husband calling the police to find her daughter and when she found both of them at the shrine he would have called the ambulance instead xD

I had hope for them to become a couple at the end, but this was mainly about friendship and maintaining it after all which was sufficient and satisfying
The beautiful artwork and clam setting will be missed
Jun 24, 2014 3:38 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Series pleasant, slow in the narrative, a defect or quality? Depends!
Plot well run, maybe they were too few 12 episodes.
Technical and not very good graphics but almost.
Final calm, more intense would have given a more devastating impact, in a sense, but that's okay.
Scenarios really well made, well nailed it sound department.
Excellent secondary characters, but little exploited, Sake and Shougo are really good, too bad seeing them so little ... T_T
I hope there is a second season.
Final rating of 7.5/10!
Jun 24, 2014 5:17 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Okay so it wasn't a great original ending but nor it was it particularly bad, I felt it was pretty good as far as closing things off goes. I'm not too concerned about total closure since half the time when studios try their hand at it, the results are disastrous so this ending albeit as open ended as it may be, flowed quite well I thought. Overall, I thought all the characters were a likable bunch and the story, slow but its gentle pace worked just fine for the one-cour length.

It's a pure little romance and sol with some definite tender moments in the narrative and I liked the light colour palette and art quite a bit. In the end, Kaori and Hase develop as precious friends to each other and I think Isshuukan Friends. delivers that message straight and clearly without any bitter aftertastes.

8/10
Jun 24, 2014 5:51 AM

Feb 2010
Ships sailed. Happy end omg.

9/10
CashdaxJun 24, 2014 5:55 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 24, 2014 7:52 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like we got the ending we were looking for. Was a fun trip and quite cute.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 24, 2014 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Quite the underwhelming last episode....I was hoping for a hug or something like that, but he just yells like an idiot, just like he always does. -.-' Goddammit Hase.

Needs another season, or at least something. This season didnt really accomplish anything other than a little character development of Kaori. It was still good nonetheless, but definitely needs more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2014 11:04 AM

Nov 2009
lampshades120 said:
This series had a wonderful concept that had the potential to be among the best tearjerkers, but the series turned out to be really average. There was nothing special about this anime at all except for the concept, and it's contributions were very predictable. Plus, I was personally annoyed by all the characters

You pretty much nailed it. Exactly how I thought about it too.
Jun 24, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
Such a nice episode and a sweet ending. When the credits rolled I realised how much I'm going to miss this show. Will check out the manga too

Saki was just way too cute in this episode
Jun 24, 2014 11:27 AM

Oct 2009
All's well that end's well.
Jun 24, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
EratiK said:
mayukachan said:
Good, but the ending was very anti-climatic and inconclusive. Would love to watch a season two that continues the story even beyond.
Yeah, a love confession really was the logical conclusion. "I want to be closer friend with you", I'm not sure that makes sense for anybody besides the Japanese.

True.
Jun 24, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 2014
i wasn't a huge fan of this show from the beginning, and maybe it's bc im sick right now, but the last ep just wasn't good at all to me, and hurts to even think about, feel like im goin to puke

ehhhhhhhh 4/10
Jun 24, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
Enjoyable show, Good slice of life with bitter sweet feeling

Another good watch for this season

8/10 Season 2 plz
Jun 24, 2014 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
I'm really sad this show is over. The main pair is super cute but I am all about Kiryuu and Yamagishi as a couple and am looking forward to their marriage and kids and grandkids.
Jun 24, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
4/10

it was cute and all but fact that two main characters were so bad made it harder to enjoy... especially Hase.

at least there was Shougo and especially Saki to save it but it wasn't enough.
Jun 24, 2014 5:24 PM

Dec 2013
one of few shows where i am mostly satisfied with the ending. only thing i didn't like about it was that THEY DIDN'T HUG. i mean come on, GIVE THE PPL (ME) WHAT THEY WANT. i ain't asking for a kiss, because that would be way out of character, but even 'just friends' hug all the time time! gimme that final bit of closure ;____:

enjoyable show throughout, 8/10. i find it interesting how others don't like the show so much, i guess this type of thing isn't for everyone.

despite how cool i thought the show was, i actually don't want a season 2. this show was perfect the way it was and i don't really see any of the characters having the capacity to develop romantically, so a second season wouldn't bring anything new.
Jun 24, 2014 9:00 PM

May 2013
I think this was a pretty solid ending, I liked it. I'm satisfied with this show, it was an entertaining watch. 8/10. I don't think it needs a season 2 though, it's good enough as it is.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

155 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.