Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 10, 2009 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
Oh boy. This show gives me nothing but bad vibes, and that Manglobe is producing it doesn't really give me any solace. It's 12 episodes, so I'll probably just stick with the mediocrity and hope for something good. The worst part is by far Cecily. So she just up and says, "Hey, my daddy's dead, so now I'll be a knight?" sigh.

Lolwut? Who are you, you imposter!!! You're not noteDhero, the noteDhero I know wouldn't give a damn about any moe shows with big boob females since he said himself he disliked boobs and only love petankos... Okay, I made up the last part but seriously, is you mind still not recover from all the bad summer shows or something? 8-)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 10, 2009 4:36 PM

Aug 2008
I've been pretty good with my picks thus far (Kimi ni Todoke, Darker than Black 2, Kobato, Natsu no Arashi 2, Sunred 2--I'll disregard Inuyasha 2 and probably White Album 2 [see the pattern?]), and decided to give this a chance since it could turn out to be a good fantasy. The first minute had me thinking Guin Saga, the beginning had me thinking Tears to Tiara, and now I'm thinking this will be somewhere around Druaga or Tales of the Abyss.
Oct 10, 2009 6:57 PM

Dec 2007
The soundtrack is surprisingly good.
Oct 10, 2009 7:43 PM

Oct 2009
Katanas in European medieval times? Definitely a plus, and they are made with some sort of alchemy, or so it would seem. I'm Very excited about this anime thus far.
Oct 10, 2009 8:25 PM
Aug 2009
Show seems interesting but I have this feeling it is going to be a replica of Tears to Tiara.
Cambell + Luke Team = Authur + Arawn Team
Cambell's future allies = Arawn's Groupies
Battling humans in the beginning and later going to monsters + humans.
CitrixOct 10, 2009 8:31 PM
Oct 11, 2009 12:48 AM
Feb 2009
w0w i rele liked it, hope ep 2 will be subbed soon
Oct 11, 2009 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
not bad ;D
i'll probably try to keep up with this series but its not as high on my list as others this season~
i luv Luke tho! ahaha! XDD
and the ED is rly cute! lolz >w<
Oct 12, 2009 9:40 PM

Jan 2009
oh dear, this was so bad. i suppose people who havent watched enough anime dont recognise how cliche the story and characters are. and most annoying was cecily seems to have a fondness of stating her own name, presumably because she'd forget if she dosent remind herself every now and then.
Oct 13, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2009
kintoki said:
oh dear, this was so bad. i suppose people who havent watched enough anime dont recognise how cliche the story and characters are. and most annoying was cecily seems to have a fondness of stating her own name, presumably because she'd forget if she dosent remind herself every now and then.

Oh but thing is (at least in my case), I do recognize this as a horrible amount of cliché'd stuff, but still, it's pretty fun to watch anyway : >
And apart from the first episode, I think she'll probably stop stating her name every god damn time : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 14, 2009 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
Great first episode. Loved it when Luke cut through the other guys sword. The animation and sound editing was quite impressive. It may be cliche, but it's enjoyable. I assumed Cecily would be a tsundere like character but I'm glad she doesn't seem to be. It's nice to finally see a female protagonist who doesn't beat up the male lead in a show like this.

Also, this was a nice shot.

Hope to see more like that.
ToukaOct 14, 2009 12:44 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 14, 2009 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
Touka said:
It's nice to finally see a female protagonist who doesn't beat up the male lead in a show like this.

Just you wait : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 17, 2009 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
Pretty decent episoe
Oct 20, 2009 5:35 AM

Jan 2009
Cecil was bloody irritating, Luke was OK for a male lead and Lisa is just plain awesome. The smithing part kind of reminded me of Shirou's projection process. Roughly the same.
Oct 24, 2009 5:41 PM
Oct 2009
kintoki said:
LOL SO TRUE.

The fight scenes of this show were pretty lame in general. Especially with Cecily running up to her enemies looking like a clumsy idiot lol.

I guess the part my friends and I liked the most was the fanservice references and stuff.
Oct 26, 2009 2:22 AM

Oct 2007
I'm surprised nobody pointed it out, but some of the male designs (Luke for an obvious example) look like they're from Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto. =D

(Well maybe not so surprised, since most of you seemed to be more focused on the boobs and lolis.)

Anyway, when I started watching the first ep, I had no idea what it was about, except for the name.
Wasn't anything like I expected, wasn't sure I was going to like it, either. Some parts seemed awkward (fanservice, Cecile being a knight, forging by magic), but at the end I'd pretty much forgiven all that and wanted to see more.
Oct 29, 2009 9:51 PM

Sep 2007
Aionic said:
You know a series is going to be cheap - designed to please pervs - when the main character is an 'innocent virgin' female knight, with custom armour designed to fit perfectly around her boobs and a short skirt perfect for panty shots, of which there was one in the first episode when Cecil fell on her tight arse.

This is just a guess but, in medieval times, I think if a girl with no skills walked around like that she'd be raped by a bandit group or two. Only in anime could such a premise be. Unless the female in question is Caska, women should stay away from armour in knightly tales.

I'll give it a few more episodes since I like RPGs and it's short. It's too generic to expect anything great of - it'll only ever be 'watch once' worthy.

agreed... and lewl

only watching cuz it's got shit to do with knights and swords :/

Oct 30, 2009 5:10 PM

Oct 2008

Not what I had been expecting..

Nov 11, 2009 4:11 PM

Dec 2008
Good start to the anime so far, liked the opening and the end was okay lol. Curious to see how the story unfolds, as well as how they are going to take down the ice demon with the new sword. Who is the hooded man though?
Nov 26, 2009 12:34 PM

Mar 2008
Interesting start, the story seems good. Great (and fast) way to produce a strong sword :)
Dec 6, 2009 10:59 PM

Apr 2009
Eh, seems really generic, the characters' personalities seemed to have been recycled......It just doesn't show enough emotion, giving till ep. 2 or 3 till I drop unless it starts changing direction.

Dec 11, 2009 2:07 PM

Aug 2009
I loved it.. looks interesting so I'll continue watching n__n
Dec 13, 2009 6:41 PM

Apr 2009
Not bad.
Really liked the ED and OP. Lisa's voice is so kawaii~
I lol'd @ the "look at me" part.

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Feb 9, 2010 6:32 PM

Aug 2009
I'll keep watching since this show has the potential to be good. Kinda reminds me of an RPG game so I'll give it a try.

Cecil kinda annoyed me since all she did was talk big but can't even back it up. I laughed when she acted all mighty and such to that congressman in the market but got pwned later on by a rampaging knight, lol, although I have to admit that the scene where she was asking Luke to make her a sword was really cute. :D

Luke seems to be a pretty cool guy. Loved how he used that magic sword smelting technique in the end. Also, Lisa was also cute aswell. <3
Jun 24, 2010 7:20 AM
Nov 2009
Not bad.

Cecil is hawt and she reminds me of misaka, a bit only that cecil has b00bs <3

as for the story.. i dunno, i think the romance have very much potential
Dec 4, 2010 8:46 PM

May 2010
This is pretty dumb.

The girl is an idiot, her breastplate is something else, no kidding. What's with the disguised maid outfit?

Cecil is hawt and she reminds me of misaka, a bit only that cecil has b00bs <3

Same it reminds me of Misaka too lol
ConfuciusDec 4, 2010 8:57 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 2, 2011 10:31 PM

May 2009
Boobs > Magic > Katana > Western swords

I think we just figured out one of the rules of this series.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 27, 2011 6:18 AM

Mar 2009
Just watched the first episode dubbed, and I have to say FUNi did a nice job casting.
I only watched the first two eps when this premiered, at the time I had others shows I would rather watch, and it was only ok.

But, I may have to watch it now.

Cheremy Leigh is a perfect pick for Cecilly.
I haven't seen her do a lot, but I'm impressed with her main characters...Cecilly, Yoshika(Strike Witches), and Clair(Claymore) are what I've seen.

The rest of the cast is great so far as well.
Monica Rial is always great, and she was a pretty good choice for Lisa, but I could think of a lot of others that would fit that role as well.
And, only hearing Blake Shepard in supporting roles, it's nice to hear him do a main character. I've liked his work so far, he was great in Pumpkin Scissors(can't remember his character's name, the guys with glasses and weird hair).
And, I've heard he's been doing a lot of work over at Sentai, so we'll be hearing a lot more of him in the future.

Rarely do I say it, but the dub, so far, Imo is way better than the original, and Cecilly's not super annoying, and doesn't state her entire name/title every 5 minutes.

I'm definitely gonna watch this one, I may have to buy this as well.
But, only once FUNi puts out a regular set instead of LE, the art book looks cool, but, for one I could really care less about art books, and two I don't really believe this series warrants spending the cake on a LE set.

Urahara Out!!
Jul 28, 2012 2:12 AM

Feb 2011
Really enjoyable first episode . Looking forward for more .
Jul 28, 2012 2:15 AM

Nov 2011
This show seems to love wanking the KATANAH.
The Art of Eight
Aug 1, 2013 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
Toyosaki Aki mimimi :3
Nov 24, 2013 8:56 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting enough start I suppose, I see this series isn't well received but so far I have no complaints. Although I definitely wasn't expecting ecchi, took off guard by that random scene with Cecil's breasts + lots of fan-service attacks (although ironically I picked this up because I saw hentai fan art). I like the sword play and the fights are enjoyable enough. And hurray it's Yui's voice as Lisa.
Jun 20, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely start I must say, I wonder what the series will offer us but it currently sure is promising, the characters are pretty interesting and the touch of magic also fits in the atmosphere quite well! Let's see what's next.

Cute ED as well!
Oct 16, 2014 6:11 PM

Mar 2013
Read about critically warm reception, and bought it at a second-hand place. The mouth animations really bug me but it doesn't seem too bad.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 10, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2015
That was a great first episode! I love how brave Cicily is. And Luke is so cool, but arrogent. I'm really looking forward to seeing more episodes. :)
Oct 17, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2010
Few things I noticed:

1. That was a very clumsy introduction. Having Cecily introduce herself within minutes of the episode like that, then having her ass get kicked just as fast doesn't really work. I get it's supposed to entail some sort of character growth, but still.
2. Cecilia's armor, I'm not sure armor can be forged like that, but what do I know. I actually wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't emphasized.
3. I'm astonished at how this show subtlety exalts the strength of the katana compared to traditional fantasy medieval knight weapons.

So far it has just been nitpicks, but Sacred Blacksmith seems to be a well to do show starting off. Rough around the edges with nothing to note of but...well...yeah that's pretty much it.
Jan 10, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2012
that was ok for the 1st episode

Jun 5, 2016 3:38 PM

Dec 2015
I swear to god if that elf proves to be a boy I will kill myself. A good first ep, the OP and ED weren't anything special though
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 3, 2017 7:30 PM
Aug 2014
Shocked said:
3. I'm astonished at how this show subtlety exalts the strength of the katana compared to traditional fantasy medieval knight weapons.

Surprised you noticed, it was very subtle after all.
Dec 9, 2018 4:57 PM
Jan 2014
Lisa is too kawaii for this world.
Apr 21, 2019 6:20 PM

Feb 2016
Pretty meh first ep, they are trying too hard with the MCs.
The whole katana circle jerk thing is a bit jarring...ironically; many of the steps/techniques he recited while forging the sword were only needed because the Japanese lacked the tech/science to produce quality steel.
Jul 20, 2019 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
bold girl asking guy to look in ur boobs 😂
Apr 8, 2020 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty boring honestly
Dec 1, 2021 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
Cecily said:
Th-this a real fight.

Whut? And you call yourself a knight? She did claim she was just a month-old knight inheriting the title/position from her father but perhaps she has no knight training whatsoever in the first place. Welp, that was pathetic and useless as Luke called her initially. I don't care how much shounen shouting she does, she needs a shounen training montage to level-up her skillz!

All the time her head and attention was gawking at Luke while he was magically forging, I was praying to the anime gods that the Devil-contracted-whatever-thing snap her pretty flimsy neck already so we would all be spared from her in the future episodes but unfortunately she's one of the MCs. *sigh*

Maybe Lisa is the forge?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 2, 2022 10:39 PM

Aug 2020
Did not piqued my interest but it was pretty good

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Show seems uninteresting

But fan service looks hella nice 😍
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 19, 2009

174 by Spyro »»
Sep 23, 2020 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.